Not all recipients receiving email from Query Based Distribution list

Hi,

I'm running Exchange 2003 (SP1) in native mode. I have a query based
distribution group which includes both mailbox and contact recipients. In
all there's about 1000 users included altogether.

When we use this distribution group we find some users are reporting they're
not receiving the email. We have investigated this and the claim does seem
to be correct, even though the users in question do appear in the
query-based distribution group preview.

Has anyone else experienced this problem? Or does anyone have any idea what
could cause it?

Thanks,

Curtis.

--
Please reply to news group only. Thank you.

0
xxx2719 (71)

Receivables document in History with no Apply Document
We have a Receivables document (its actually a Sales Return) that has somehow made its way to History, but has no "payment" (debit) applied to it (no "apply" document is linked to the receivable records in the RM30201 table); the document in History shows $0 as the amount remaining; the corresponding debit (which should have been the document that was applied) is still in Open, and shows the full amount remaining. Is there any way to move the History document back to Open and "unapply" so that the original amount remaining is returned (even though there is...

email addresses in cells
If I enter an email address into a cell, Excel underlines it and then treats it as a live address. This makes it impossible to edit. The only solution I have found is to use Paste Special, but even then the pasted version becomes live again as soon as you have finished editing it. Does anyone know a way of switching this maddening feature off - either temporarily or permanently? Tony In XL 2002 and 2003 you can turn this off through Tools>AutoCorrect Options>AutoFormat as you type. Uncheck the box you find there. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Tue, 26 Apr 2005 15:42:01 -0700, tonyay...

cannot receive emails from certain domains
We have a Windows 2000 SBS and are unable to receive emails from some domains. I can telnet to the exchange server from one place but not from another using the public IP address. Where the external user is unable to send us emails, they receive no ndr's, where as other external users can send emails with no problems at all. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks Kishor Provide more information. Do you mean you can telnet to your Exchange server from one external location but not another? I would suggest you start troubleshooting this first. Why can't you connect. Name ...

SMTP not working for External use: Can't Send Emails
I am unable to send emails from my email address on my domain(netzpro.com). I can get emails in fine to any email address on my domain. I can send to an email address that is on the same domain. I have used dnsstuff.com to ensure my DNS is correct and I can't find any problems. When I check the exchange Queue, the emails are stuck in the "Retry" state. If I perform a force connect it will go back into the "Retry" state. I am running Widow 2003 and Exchange 2003 What events in your smtp log , or in your event logs ? Your smtp connector "transfer to an ...

Auto completion of email addresses
I am new to Outlook 2002. Does anyone know how to make Outlook only look at the contact list when automatically completing the "To:" email address? Alternatively, is there a way to clear the cache of addresses that Outlook accesses (aside from the contact list)? I know how to turn the auto completion function off altogether. Thanks ...

Internal emails not routing to CRM queue
Hi, We have a problem with one of our clients where internal emails are not routing to the CRM queue. You can see them in the exchange mailbox for the queue but not in CRM. Has anyone come across this and resolved it? Thanks, I was able to resolve this by turning on the option to Track e-mails sent between CRM users as two activites. Settings / Administration / System Settings / Email -Shaun "Sophie" wrote: > Hi, > > We have a problem with one of our clients where internal emails are not > routing to the CRM queue. You can see them in the exchange mailbox ...

Multiple recipient update services
We have a single domain environment with 7 sites, a DC in each site which is also a GC. All servers are server 2003 I have just installed Exchange 2003 with sp2 into our head office site onto a server 2003 member server. I want to configure Multiple recipient update services as per this technote http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=294792 When i go to finish adding in a new server i get this error: 'before createing a recipient update service a member of the domain admins security group in the chosen domain must run Exchange svr setup with the /domainprep command.' Does this me...

Delete old email automaticaly
Hello, Is there any way to automatically delete any email on the Exchange 2003 which is older then 90 days? Thanks Ivan In the last exciting episode, "ibondy" <nicetry@yahoo.com> wrote: >Hello, >Is there any way to automatically delete any email on the Exchange 2003 >which is older then 90 days? Create a recipient policy and apply it. -- Chris Scharff MessageOne http://www.messageone.com -- ROT13 for valid SMTP address -- ...

Where does entourage save email?
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: imap Hello, I'm new to the forum but have recently experienced some issues with Entourage. My Sent Items were mysteriously deleted yesterday. When I started poking around, and did a search for some email using Spotlight, I found an email message then hit &quot;Get Info&quot; and saw that all my email are located in Users/***/Library/Caches/Entourage/2008/Main Identity/Messages/. I don't know if this is just the way it is, of if I need to do something, but thought I should see if anyon...

How to hide multiple recipients to recipients but not showing "Undisclosed recipients"
I have a situation where our marketing department needs to send mail to several of our customers - no big deal, right. Well ok.. they need to receive the mail as if it was sent to each one of them separatelly. So it must not say "Undisclosed recipients" - which is what happens if we put recipients into bcc. Is there a non-script way to do this through Outlook or is there any kind of setting in exchange that I need to change? Thanks for your help. D. --------------= Posted using GrabIt =---------------- ------= Binary Usenet downloading made easy =--------- -= Get GrabIt for fr...

Receiving wrong email
In Outlook 2003 I am receiving mail that is addressed to other people. Most of the time the message is blank but I am concerned about getting mail from strangers - and it is supposed to be going to someone else. Must be some glitch in Outlook - anyone else had this problem? Most likely they are using BCC in writing to you making you think that. BCC= Blind Carbon Copy, You can you this feature it is very nice when sending mail to a lot of addresses and worried about giving someone else's e-mail address to someone that should not have it. I am not sure if outlook express has it but I...

loop trough e-mail address list to send task lists with outlook
Hi Every one, Following is a code that prints out weekly individual task lists from a master Critical Path. The code first creates a list of unique individuals on a temporary page, - then filter my critical path in a Column called "Next week" to only show action requiring follow-up on following week. - then prints-out a list of individuals who will receive task lists, - and finaly loops through alll values in "MyUniqueRng" to filter and print out the list name by name. What I would like to do, is instead of Printing-out these individuals task lists, sendin...

Error message when sending email via Microsoft Outlook
My ISP is via Cox, a high speed cable. I switched over from using Outlook Express to Microsoft Outlook for sending and receiving my emails. I am encountering great difficulty in sending email, sometimes no matter the size. It seems if it is larger in size it is even more difficult to send at times. I tried to send 2 photos via email (512 KB) and it stayed in my outbox for days. I put it in my drafts folder then brought it back to my outbox and attempted to resend....it did not go through. My error message is "Task 'pop.west.cox.net - Sending and Receiving reported erro...

distribution of Access files
Hi We are developing an application in which we are planning to use MSAccess as a database. I have MSAccess 2000 installed on my development machines. Its product ID is 50083-053-4473424-02634. I have several queries that I would like to ask you regarding licensing of ..mdb files. 1) Once the application is developed and ready to use, We would sell it to our client. We will provide .mdb files to our client which contains the database of the application. i.e our installer would install/copy the .mdb files in the client's machine where the software is being installed. That Machine(...

Problem receiving mail
About 1 in every 5 emails does not come in through Windows Mail. I know this is happening because I've set up a forwarding account Google Mail. Spam filter is not on so that's not the problem. It seems random so I receive/don't receive email from the same addresses. It's not affected by attachments. Any ideas? Who is the provider of the mail account having this problem? If you go to the webmail interface, are the missing messages there? --=20 Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/profile/vandermolen "Chris...

2 computers; double emails
I have 2 computers with live mail on them. I use the home computer daily to check and delete emails, and my laptop top only occaisonaly to check email. The problem is when I use the laptop, it will have a couple hundred emails that I already deleted or foldered on the other computer. How can I stop having to deal with each message twice? If you don't want to download all the email on both computers, you could remove WLM on the laptop, and just check your email via the webmail portal. -- Dave N. MS-MVP (Mail) Windows 7 Ultimate http://download.live.com/wlmail ...

Unkown Recipient
I am new to Exchange so I need some help. One of my users was recieving email but now is not. I get this type of reply: The recipient name is not recognized The MTS-ID of the original message is: ... I created a new account and I get the same thing. I seem to be missing something. The user exists and the account is active. I am using NT 4.0 with Exchange 5.5. Thanks for your assistance. Bruce Browning Bruce Browning wrote: > I am new to Exchange so I need some help. One of my users > was recieving email but now is not. I get this type of > reply: > > The recipient na...

Create a rule that acts on received auto-forwarded messages
I'm looking for kind of the opposite of creating a rule to auto-forward emails. I want to create a rule that acts on RECEIVED auto-forwarded emails, but not any that were manually forwarded or replied to by the same person. E.g. Jim forwards me all emails with "blah" in the subject, and I want to move those auto forwards to my "Jim's auto-forwards" folder, but if he forwards me a message manually that says "blah" but he adds his own comments, I want it to stay in my inbox. alicorn2 wrote: > I'm looking for kind of the opposite of...

Applying recipient policies
I'm posting this from an earlier thread that I think got lost in the shuffle "Andy David - Exchange MVP" wrote: > On Fri, 24 Jun 2005 14:45:04 -0700, Equilar Tech > <techinfo@equilar.com.(donotspam)> wrote: > > >Does anyone know if it is possible to configure Exchange Server 2003 Standard > >Edition to delete any emails in a mailbox (not just in the Deleted Items > >folder, but also in any other folder) if it's older than X days. My company > >would like to implement a policy where we delete all emails older than 90 > >days,...

Start Run list erased when rebooting
I seldom shut down my WinXP computer since it reboots slowly. However I do after I get updates. The last two times I have rebooted, my list of prefilled items in the Start, Run list has been wiped out completely. There are several functions I perform from there often, so would like to stop the list getting erased. Has a recent Windows update caused this? If not, what else could have? Mich "M Skabialka" <mskabialka@NOSPAMdrc.com> wrote in message news:%23ecC3MKtKHA.4860@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... >I seldom shut down my WinXP computer since it reboots slow...

Showing a sum in a form based on a query or another table
I don't get it !!! Stupid, stupid, stupid I have 2 tables. TblPostings: Id, autonumber, key BlockNo, text NoofItems TblItem: BlockNo, text, key etc.. I have a form called FrmItem that has the TblItem records. I need a field in FrmItem showing NoofItems per BlockNo in TblPostings I have to be able to filter the form based on that value later. TblPostings BlockNo NoofItems 44333 1 44334 -1 44333 -1 44335 -1 44333 -1 TblItem new field in form 44333 -1 44334 -1 44335 -1 Pls help !! Try this --- SELECT TblItem.BlockNo, TblItem.etc, Sum(Tb...

Delayed email message in exchange
I'm having a strange Exchange 2000 issue with only 1 user on my network. Someone sent him a message yesterday at 9:59 a.m. and he received the message at 2:00 p.m. This email did not get on time in the box, why is this happening and where do I look for more information about what happen during that time, this was an internal email, and he is the only person who had this problem yesterday. I'm running SBS 2000. Any help would be appreciated on this matter. I have already looked on the application error log and haven't seen anything related to Exchange Thanks in advance. Denise ...

how to disbale outbound emails on specific accounts
hello everyone, i need to block specifc accounts/users from sending outbound emails on different domains. can anyone help me on this? i'm using Exchange Server 2003. Best regards, Farooq Khan A combination of a SMTP connector and delivery restrictions should do the trick. On Sat, 13 Nov 2004 15:18:38 +0500, "Farooq Khan" <farooq.khan@pk.softechww.com> wrote: >hello everyone, >i need to block specifc accounts/users from sending outbound emails on >different domains. can anyone help me on this? i'm using Exchange Server >2003. > >Best regard...

Creating EMAIL Message -- Font is blurry to recipient
Once I send an email that I create in publisher the text appears blurry to the recipeint. Any one have any ideas how I can eliminate this problem I am using Verdan 8pt font and i have converted it to a web publication. Hi JV (anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com), in the newsgroups you posted: || Once I send an email that I create in publisher the text appears || blurry to the recipeint. Any one have any ideas how I can eliminate || this problem? || || I am using Verdan 8pt font and i have converted it to a web || publication. Is it blurry only to this particular recipient? What does it loo...

Data Base Compact Utility 4.0
I'm using Data Base Compact Utility 4.0 to compact a Access 2003 Data Base and I get the message, "Error compacting database" I'm trying to compact this way as I'm following EveryThingAccess's procedures for fixing a corrupt database. In my database, I keep getting weird things happening with queries. I've deleted all the problem queries, compacted, decompiled, compacted, created new blank database with autocorrect turned off, imported all the objects from the corrupted db, compiled, compacted, and I still get the same problem. When I try to recreate the problem...