Subject: Purchasing From Your Site

Sent: 12/19/2005 2:05 PM

smartservice@smartwool.com on 1/3/2006 10:17 AM

The e-mail system was unable to deliver the message, but did not report a
specific reason. Check the address and try again. If it still fails, contact
your system administrator.

<EXCHANGE1.pdvcorp.com #4.0.0 smtp;450 <smartservice@smartwool.com>:
Recipient address rejected: Greylisted for 49 seconds (see
http://isg.ee.ethz.ch/tools/postgrey/help/smartwool.com.html)>

0
dfoxley1 (8)

On Sat, 7 Jan 2006 13:02:54 -0800, "Dan Foxley"
<dfoxley@nospampacificdatavision.com> wrote:

>I rebooted Exchange 2003 SP2 and received the following NonDelivery email on
>1/3/2006 for an email sent on12/15/2005. I and other users received a few of
>these and the server seems to perform normally for the 100's of other emails
>that are sent and received daily.
>
>Thanks,
>Dan Foxley
>
>----------------------
>Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients.

Click the link provided in the NDR!

0
adavid (8731)
1/7/2006 9:16:35 PM
"Andy David - [MVP]" <adavid@pleasekeepinngcheesebucket.com> wrote in
message news:frb0s11eghi74hu8nr57krljdmvltnt8lu@4ax.com...
> On Sat, 7 Jan 2006 13:02:54 -0800, "Dan Foxley"
> <dfoxley@nospampacificdatavision.com> wrote:
>
>>I rebooted Exchange 2003 SP2 and received the following NonDelivery email
>>on
>>1/3/2006 for an email sent on12/15/2005. I and other users received a few
>>of
>>these and the server seems to perform normally for the 100's of other
>>emails
>>that are sent and received daily.
>>
>>Thanks,
>>Dan Foxley
>>
>>----------------------
>>Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients.

My is why I finally got the NDR after a reboot on 1/3/2006 when the original
email was sent on 12/15/2005. If I didn't reboot the server is there a queue
or other I could have seen this issue happening?

0
dfoxley1 (8)

Creating a field to search and enter non duplicate data
Hello all. I have a team of 15 pople that all work with reference numbers, on occasion a number has to be sent to a different work group. I've created a spreadsheet for them to enter the numbers into, but we have been duplicating numbers. I want to create a field to enter th number into, have the field cross reference the exsting numbers, and if it does not find a match, enter the number and sort the list. I know how to create a custom macro that will accomplish what I want to do, but I'd prefer a static formula if it's possible. A formula can not do waht y...

non

Query a non-MS/non-Active Directory LDAP Server
Hi All, Does anyone know how to query an LDAP server from Access VBA that is not a Microsoft / Active Directory (AD) server? I have found a lot of stuff about how to query AD and have succeeded in doing so. But that does not seem to transfer to the non-MS LDAP server. It gives the error "Automation error" "There is no such object on the server." Thanks, Clifford Bass -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-modules/201004/1 Clifford Is there a chance that there...

Slow internal delivery for a few emails
Hi All Scenario is thus: Small exchange setup, 400 users across 4 servers in two sites. Lots of network memory and CPU to spare I ran a trial promodag for a couple of weeks running to look at internal delivery speed 99.6% gets delivered within 5 minutes (as expected)... It's the .4 percent that's causing trouble as it amounts to 600 emails. The max size of a message is 10MB so it's not big attachments, I don't think 600 people are using "do not send before" and don't _think_ it's anything to do with people re-syncing from being offline. So what can it b...

Strange behavior when installing Windows Live Mail
I saw some strange behavior when installing Windows Live Mail on one of my computers. 1. First, the installation apparently completed successfully, but with nothing on the screen that said the program was now accessible. I had to search through the directories for wlmail.exe in order to start the program. 2. It then came up in a mode of importing from Windows Mail - first the accounts, which imported successfully, then the email already downloaded. This hung overnight on importing one of the folders from a gmail IMAP account - apparantly, it needed a human response on what it...

Non Delivery Strangeness
I rebooted Exchange 2003 SP2 and received the following NonDelivery email on 1/3/2006 for an email sent on12/15/2005. I and other users received a few of these and the server seems to perform normally for the 100's of other emails that are sent and received daily. Thanks, Dan Foxley ---------------------- Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: Purchasing From Your Site Sent: 12/19/2005 2:05 PM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: smartservice@smartwool.com on 1/3/2006 10:17 AM The e-mail system was unable to deliver the message, but d...

NDR from non-existent email address
Any user that sends a meeting request to the user in question gets the following responce. Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. I changed the info to the innocent. Subject: test Sent: 8/16/2005 9:01 AM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: Gay, Esse M. on 8/16/2005 9:02 AM The recipient name is not recognized The MTS-ID of the original message is: c=US;a= ;p=XXX;l=XXXXXXX-XXXXXXX MSEXCH:MSExchangeMTA:EXCHANGE:XXXXXX This only happens with meeting invites, regular email goes through just fine. It is jus...

Non-cash, Non-regular Transactions
Money 2003 SE V11 I have a need to set up transactions, such as Mileage, to keep track of non-cash activities. I currently handle it by setting up Bills & Deposits split into two transactions totalling $0.00. The first is the Category/Subcategory I want to track and the second is a Category/(Non-Cash Offset Subcategory) that I filter out of all reports. This works ok for me. Example: (meaning 23 miles traveled) Mileage:Medical/Dental 23.00 Mileage:Offset Non-cash Transaction -23.00 However, the transaction is not regularly occurring. Yet we are required to ...

NON TAXABLE Item Setup, What TAX CODE to assign
What is the proper way to set up a non taxable item like a coupon or labor? I was assigning the <not assigned> (RMS dbase Tax ID 0) (But I just read said to delete the <not assigned> tax code. to prevent a runtime error (we have not had yet)) Do I need to setup a Non tax tax code? and add all non tax items to it? PS I have a < > (blank)(RMS Dbase tax id 3) tax code that seems to need to be deleted, RMS assigned it tax code 3. There are currently no items assigned to the < > blank tax id I can not find any guidance in the RMS Help. It seems MS ex...

Email Delay Delivery
One of my users here is trying to send an email and wanted to delay it on a later date. He stated that it used to worked before where if he sets up a delayed delivery for this email, click on send & it goes directly to his SENT folder and it says on the email that it will be delivered on the date he specified. But now, when he does it sends to his Outbox folder and would not allow him to shutdown Outlook not unless he delivers his mail in his Outbox. Details: Outlook 2003/WinXP - His email is setup to read on the exchange server side, his email storage cap has not exceeded. Not sure on w...

Didn't get the delivery return receipt, why ?
I composed an important mail with option "delivery return receipt" enabled and sent out to 5 receivers. The system return 4 notification tell me the important mail has been delivered to them. But only one receiver didn't return any message, why ? After double confirm the receiver, he really got the mail. Why the system didn't notify me with delivery return receipt ? Due to the government policy, we need to receive all delivery return receipt when sent out important mail to make sure the message has be delivered. Anyone can help ? Thanks a lot. some systems dont delive...

mail from non exsiting user accounts
Hi, I have one exchange 2003 cluster server. and the email address configured as user@corp.ho.com. We are not using it for external mails. one of our IBM AIX user is able to send mails to anybody in my exchange server eventhough he is not having mail account in the windows 2003 domain. if u check the ID of the sender u will see that he is also using the same domain name ie @corp.ho.com... How can i stop others who do not having account in exchange to send mails to my domain. thanks BM Uncheck "Anonymous access" from SMTP virtual server properties | Access | Authentication and r...

non project time
I am using MSP2007 for several projects en use a resource planning. The problem I have is that 1) the people have 8 hour working days but are not working 8 hours on the project. I can simply change the working time per person (it is different per group) but when I ad vacation as a task (next problem) MSP is not using the 8 hours but the adjusted time. This means that the vacation days are shorter than actual. 2) how can I use the non working time and make it visible in the Gantt Chard, like individual vacation and the non project time per day. 3) when adding vacation in the res...

Pull Data From Non-Default Calendar
Hello, I am running Outlook 2003 and I have a macro that pulls data from the default calendar. I created a new calendar named "Instructor Schedule" which is a subfolder under Calendar. I would like to change the code so that the data is pulled from the new calendar. Currently I am using the following code. Set colCal = objNS.GetDefaultFolder(olFolderCalendar).Items What change would I need to implement to get my desired results? Thanks. Regards, Chris -- Regards, Chris Set colCal = objNS.GetDefaultFolder(olFolderCalendar).Folders.Item("Instructor Sch...

Insert Automatic, Non-Updating Date Stamp
I use an Excel invoice to bill clients. Currently I have an Invoice Date field which is populated by the =TODAY() function. That's good. However, if I open the spreadsheet down the road and accidentally recalculate, the Invoice Date field is updated with the current date. That's not so good. Is there a simple macro I can use that Inserts the date when the document is created and then terminates? Something, I guess, that calls the TODAY() function and then pops the resulting date value into the appropriate cell. I know I can just use CTRL+; to insert the date manually but I'm shoo...

finding last non empty cell in a column #3
FYI - The column could be any column not just B -- cparson ----------------------------------------------------------------------- cparsons's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1286 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26238 ...

strange sum question user inputs number of rows to sum in cell
i need to sum cells in column c in a dynamic range...the twist is... the user selects the number of rows to sum, by an input into cell b3 eg user enters 6 for the first 6 observations to be summed.. how do i get excel to sum the data from observation 1 to observation 6 inclusive? and i want the result in cell C2 ps observation 1 is eight rows down from row A FYI Each row of my data has an observation number starting at 1 untill the end of the dynamic range,if it helps the list will not be subsequently sorted. i know the easy way is to just use a manual =sum, but i need something more ...

Enable Non-Backorderable Items in POs (e.g. automatically cancel)
Enable identifying vendors and/or items to be non-backorderable from vendor. (e.g. automatically cancel non-received items) Many vendors do not backorder items. If an item is ordered and not shipped, it must be reordered. The current system requires the PO to be Edited so unreceived items are cancelled. This is an extra step and one if missed, is bad. For example, when an item is not received it remains in "released" status, which means the PO generator does not suggest a reorder. yet the vendor isn't going to ship. We face stock shortages and lost sales. In a busy environ...

mail delivery failure
hi ive got a computer sitting here and it keeps coming up with mail delivery failure and it hasnt even tryed to send an email and the adress that its been sent from is from a @hotmail.com address ( i know the person of the hotmail address its the users account ) but it keeps occuring and i dont know whats wrong and i dont know how to fix it so if any one could help please email me on this adress deus_ex3003@hotmail.com ...

Outbound message delivery is very slow.
Hi! Our Exchange 5.5 SP4 on NT4.0 SP6 got problems sending outbound mail. Incoming mail delivery is fine but outbound delivery is very slow. (Up to 18 hours) There is over 10000 messages in "outbound messages awaiting 'conversion'" waiting and the number is increasing. MTS-OUT is about 18000 and increasing. In the event logs there is only a 3038 event and it says: --------------------------------------------------------- Event Type: Warning Event Source: MSExchangeIMC Event Category: Internal Processing Event ID: 3038 Date: 30.04.2004 Time: 04:26:35 User: N/A Computer: PE...

non vba way to print non continuous ranges
Hi, Is there a non vba way to print non continous ranges on the one shee using excel? Specifically, lets say I want to print data from columns A, B, C, G an K down to row 35 in each column. Is there a way I can do that withou manually making them continuous by cutting and pasting each range ont a new sheet? Regards, David Obei -- DavidObei ----------------------------------------------------------------------- DavidObeid's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=223 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27196 You can h...

Delivery Issue: Messages Do Not Display the Name of the Sender in the 'From' Field (Folder List) but Are Fine when Opening Them
Hello, One of our users received two strange messages from me and another co-worker. The messages are correct when opening them: the sender's names are there. But in Folder List view, the From field is blank. At beginning, we thought it was an Outlook issue. But it was same when he checked from another machine. Actually, I can see the blank From field message when I open his inbox when using my Outlook. Those two messages were sent from mailboxes on one Exchange server to mailbox on another Exchange at almost the same time. And everything is fine before and after those two messages...

Using english and non-English Excel commands simultaneously in a non-English installation
Hi community, I like this forum very much - I got many valuable insights from it. In the past I had an English Excel installation at the office available, recently my employer moved to the German version and deinstalled the english one. Now, when i use a english command like =VLOOKUP(A1,'Sheet 2'! A1:H200,8,FALSE) adopting the country settings for "," with ";" Excel comes up with #NAME? since I used the english term, not the german one - but sometimes the german equivalent is not at hand as fast as needed ;-) However if a open a english coined workbook of a US/UK c...

How do I count non blank rows only?
This seems so simple but I've spent hours without resolution. In column A, I need to count the number of rows that actually have data in them. If there is no data, I need to keep column A blank. Here's an oversimplied example of my simple list. 1 John Doe 2 Susan Smith 3 Joe Dear In column A now I have =COUNTA($B$2:B64) and that works great until you hit a row with no data. I have tried all these: =IF(G69>0,(=COUNTA($B$2:B69))," ") Also =COUNTIF($B$2:B69,">0") There's got to be an easy way that I'm missing!! HEEE...

Non CRM Email Tracked
We used the Rules Deployment Wizard to add rules for all of our CRM Users. Today the CRM Admin email addresses received all emails that these users sent. They did not "Track in CRM" for these emails. There options are sent to track only emails with a CRM Tracking Token. Any idea why all emails are being tracked in CRM? We only want to track emails with the "Track in CRM" button selected. ...