Non-Delivery Reports for External email senders

My Exchange 2003 Server only sends NDRs to internal email senders. External
email senders who mis-type email addresses get nothing delivered back. My Bad
mail folder is empty but the mail queue is full with stuff trying to leave
the server. How can I make the external mail servers get their
non-deliverable reports. I have Recipient policy set to check users in active
directory and enabled in the SMTP virtual server.
0
DavidA1 (20)

Make sure everything is enabled, use this article as a reference.

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=294757

Nue
"David A" <DavidA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My Exchange 2003 Server only sends NDRs to internal email senders.
> External
> email senders who mis-type email addresses get nothing delivered back. My
> Bad
> mail folder is empty but the mail queue is full with stuff trying to leave
> the server. How can I make the external mail servers get their
> non-deliverable reports. I have Recipient policy set to check users in
> active
> directory and enabled in the SMTP virtual server.

0
imaneophyte (3005)

Creating a field to search and enter non duplicate data
Hello all. I have a team of 15 pople that all work with reference numbers, on occasion a number has to be sent to a different work group. I've created a spreadsheet for them to enter the numbers into, but we have been duplicating numbers. I want to create a field to enter th number into, have the field cross reference the exsting numbers, and if it does not find a match, enter the number and sort the list. I know how to create a custom macro that will accomplish what I want to do, but I'd prefer a static formula if it's possible. A formula can not do waht y...

reporting junk mail as spam
Can anyone recommend a plugin for Outlook 2003 that allows you to report all the email in the Junk Mail folder as spam to the various spam block hosts? thanks param@community.nospam <param@community.nospam> wrote: > Can anyone recommend a plugin for Outlook 2003 that allows you to > report all the email in the Junk Mail folder as spam to the various > spam block hosts? Since Outlook often doesn't have the full headers, this is a pointless goal. -- Brian Tillman Why doesnt it have the full headers? That is a shame... Thanks! "Brian Tillman" <tillman...

Exporting a report with group to excel same as Crystal Report.
I would like to export my report which contains 4 groups layer to an excel format without showing all the groups! Exactly the way Crystal Report does. Could anybody help me with that? Thanks, Marji You should consider exporting the query that underlies the report (that is, the report's RecordSource) rather than the report itself. "Marjaneh" <Marjaneh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0643E8AE-7B85-40E1-AEFE-E63BF2CA946D@microsoft.com... >I would like to export my report which contains 4 groups layer to an excel > format without showing all the gro...

non

Filter a Report Using a Form's Filter
Hi, i'm working on a payroll program so i want to filter a report by building a form filter by month ,city,site but i want to know how i can set the properties of the form step by step !! Is this a form or report question? Do you have any field names you can share? Do you understand that your first step might be to create some combo boxes that allow you to select a Month, City, and State? If you have combo boxes, they should be given names like: cboMonth, cboCity,.... -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP "amr" wrote: > Hi, > i'm working ...

Checkbox border on report
Hello, I have a checkbox field on my report. Whether the checkbox has been checked or not, the black border still shows on the report. Is there a way to show ONLY the check mark if yes and blank NO border if no? Thank you!! See: Format Check boxes on reports: size, color, unbox, conditionally format at: http://allenbrowne.com/ser-52.html -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org. "Stockwell43" <Stockwell43@discussions.microsoft.com> w...

Duplication of emails
Hello: Sometimes, when I send an email from CDO, the destination receives TWO identical emails. Why is it happening? What's the solution? Thanks a lot. Manuel. On Fri, 21 Oct 2005 06:38:06 -0700, "Manu" <Manu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hello: > >Sometimes, when I send an email from CDO, the destination receives TWO >identical emails. Why is it happening? What's the solution? > >Thanks a lot. >Manuel. Fix whatever your script is doing. ...

Using Access Reports in other EXE file
Hello I'd like to use access reports from any access version XP, 2000 or 97; because of the easy way to build such reports. Have you ever found or built any solutions permitting to reuse such access reports objects in other exe files, developped in Visual Basic, Visual Studio or even Delphi.... Thanks a lot for your suggestions Hi. Most programming languages support launching an executable, so the Snapshot Viewer executable would be a good choice for viewing reports exported from Access as Snapshot (*.SNP) files. Access would not need to be installed on the computer in order to view ...

Query a non-MS/non-Active Directory LDAP Server
Hi All, Does anyone know how to query an LDAP server from Access VBA that is not a Microsoft / Active Directory (AD) server? I have found a lot of stuff about how to query AD and have succeeded in doing so. But that does not seem to transfer to the non-MS LDAP server. It gives the error "Automation error" "There is no such object on the server." Thanks, Clifford Bass -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-modules/201004/1 Clifford Is there a chance that there...

Slow internal delivery for a few emails
Hi All Scenario is thus: Small exchange setup, 400 users across 4 servers in two sites. Lots of network memory and CPU to spare I ran a trial promodag for a couple of weeks running to look at internal delivery speed 99.6% gets delivered within 5 minutes (as expected)... It's the .4 percent that's causing trouble as it amounts to 600 emails. The max size of a message is 10MB so it's not big attachments, I don't think 600 people are using "do not send before" and don't _think_ it's anything to do with people re-syncing from being offline. So what can it b...

Windows Installer runs each time I download an email
I am running WinXP Pro SP1 with MSOffice 2002. I recently upgraded to Outlook 2003, now when I download a new e-mail Windows Installer runs! If I leave it alone it usually finishes and allows me to read the mail, but it runs again if I have to open an attachment. Can someone please tell me what the heck is going on here and how I can fix it? Thanks! Hi Aejen, I too have the same problem, but so far no one has come forward with a solution. I am running Win XP Home Edition with upgraded Office 2003. I have uninstalled it and reinstalled it. Still the same problem. Its not a major probl...

Excel Report Integration
I am in the process of getting Excel Report Integration up and running. Currently getting a error message when exporting the report from GP 10 to Excel. A window opens prompting for a user name and password. sa works fine. When trying to use a normal user id getting this message Connection Failed SQLState 42000 SQL Server Error 18456 I have been using KB 949524 to troubleshoot other issues. This KB doesn't cover this specific issue. This client is using Office 2003. I installed the Microsoft Office Compatibility pack. In SQL Server 2005 I have granted the users these roles...

Turn Reporting Needed
Does anyone have a report that will do something like this ------------- Some POS systems will track the quantity of stock on hand with the number of sales during a specified time period to calculate the length of time it will take to sell your quantity of time. These numbers can be sobering and can run into years in some cases. Even if you don't use a POS, you can still make these calculations. Other POS systems will prioritize your sales for you so that you will buy the highest turning items first. They will allow you to cut off your order at a predetermined amount so that you mak...

Attaching Contacts to new email

Outlook adds attachment when receiving text emails
Just recently I have noticed that a lot of my emails are ending up with attachments. I have ran a few tests and it appears that outlook is adding a .txt file with the filename comming from the subject line of the email received. e.g. email subject 'Hello' will end up with a Hello.txt attachemnt to the email. This only appears to occur with text emails, html emails are not altered. I have checked on the mail server and the attachement is not seen there and I can also read the email into outlook express and this does not add the attachment! I have tried turing off NAV and SpamP...

Non Delivery Strangeness
I rebooted Exchange 2003 SP2 and received the following NonDelivery email on 1/3/2006 for an email sent on12/15/2005. I and other users received a few of these and the server seems to perform normally for the 100's of other emails that are sent and received daily. Thanks, Dan Foxley ---------------------- Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: Purchasing From Your Site Sent: 12/19/2005 2:05 PM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: smartservice@smartwool.com on 1/3/2006 10:17 AM The e-mail system was unable to deliver the message, but d...

Outllok 2003 reading emails very slow!
Hi all, I am using outlook 2003 with the office basic edition. Every time I work with outlook 2003 it takes minutes until the program starts. Outlook takes a while (1 or 2 minutes) until loading the today homepage. It take also very long when I close outlook. I changed the preferences and I have deactivated the today homepage. Now it starts very quickly, but it takes again minutes when I try to open a email. The messenger link is deaktivated and I don't have any speech packages installed. I am totally desperated. Can someone help me? Regards Marc -- Message posted via http://ww...

IMF filtered email not moving to the Junk email folder
Hi, I am using IMF v2, have the SCL set to Archive -> SCL greater than or equal to 7 Move to users' junk email folder -> SCL greater than or equal to 4 for emails with SCL 5, it's going to the user's inbox instead of the junk email folder. Are there any other settings so that for SCL 4-6, it will move to the junk email folder instead inbox ? for SCL 7 and above, it's moving to the archive folder, which is correct. TIA Steven No worry about it now .. Found out I have to go to Option and tick the Filter Junk email toggle box. "Steven Wong" <sazabi75@ho...

copy email folders to HD
How do I export email folders that contain subfolders to a Network drive. EXAMPLE: I have a folder that is named CUSTOMERS. Inside that folder there are 25 subfolders with company names. Inside those folders there are 25 subfolders in each with individuals name. There are also emails in each folder and subfolder at every level. I want to copy the entire "customers" folder to a network drive without having to copy each subfolder one at a time. The emails export in .RTF. I can do this at the subfolder level but there are a lot of subfolders. When I try to copy and save the...

searching emails in whole mailbox
Hi, My Outlook is just upgraded to Outlook 2007. It drives me crazy. In Outlook 2003, if I want to search an email in the whole mailbox, I will go to Advanced search and browse to the mailbox and it looks for the email everywhere. But in Outlook 2007, I did the same thing, it finds nothing. I have to check the folder to search. The problem is if I know the email is in which folder, why I need search? That doesn't make any sense at all. Please help! I need to search an email in the all folders, in the whole email account. How can I do it? Thanks in advance! Lisa ...

NON TAXABLE Item Setup, What TAX CODE to assign
What is the proper way to set up a non taxable item like a coupon or labor? I was assigning the <not assigned> (RMS dbase Tax ID 0) (But I just read said to delete the <not assigned> tax code. to prevent a runtime error (we have not had yet)) Do I need to setup a Non tax tax code? and add all non tax items to it? PS I have a < > (blank)(RMS Dbase tax id 3) tax code that seems to need to be deleted, RMS assigned it tax code 3. There are currently no items assigned to the < > blank tax id I can not find any guidance in the RMS Help. It seems MS ex...

NDR from non-existent email address
Any user that sends a meeting request to the user in question gets the following responce. Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. I changed the info to the innocent. Subject: test Sent: 8/16/2005 9:01 AM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: Gay, Esse M. on 8/16/2005 9:02 AM The recipient name is not recognized The MTS-ID of the original message is: c=US;a= ;p=XXX;l=XXXXXXX-XXXXXXX MSEXCH:MSExchangeMTA:EXCHANGE:XXXXXX This only happens with meeting invites, regular email goes through just fine. It is jus...

Crystal report 11
Hi I am Using Crsytal report v 11.0. We have specific dexterity coding for launching crystal report. We have deployed COM crystal chunk and Reportview VB files. It was working upto Crystal report V 10.0. Now we are facing issue in Crystal report V 11. If some one can help me in finding out, what are the changes we have to do in the following code for using Crystal report 11.0 This is code we are using.......... ------------------------------------------------------------------- local long result; local long session_ID; local string data_source, user_ID; local integer status; local string ...

Non-cash, Non-regular Transactions
Money 2003 SE V11 I have a need to set up transactions, such as Mileage, to keep track of non-cash activities. I currently handle it by setting up Bills & Deposits split into two transactions totalling $0.00. The first is the Category/Subcategory I want to track and the second is a Category/(Non-Cash Offset Subcategory) that I filter out of all reports. This works ok for me. Example: (meaning 23 miles traveled) Mileage:Medical/Dental 23.00 Mileage:Offset Non-cash Transaction -23.00 However, the transaction is not regularly occurring. Yet we are required to ...

Email Delay Delivery
One of my users here is trying to send an email and wanted to delay it on a later date. He stated that it used to worked before where if he sets up a delayed delivery for this email, click on send & it goes directly to his SENT folder and it says on the email that it will be delivered on the date he specified. But now, when he does it sends to his Outbox folder and would not allow him to shutdown Outlook not unless he delivers his mail in his Outbox. Details: Outlook 2003/WinXP - His email is setup to read on the exchange server side, his email storage cap has not exceeded. Not sure on w...