No size limit but user gets an error

The message in her Outlook says "The message being sent exceeds the message
size established for this user." but we do not have any limitations set for
anyone's mailbox or for the message transfer.  Any ideas why this is popping
up?  I am thinking may be it is trying to pop up another error message such
as memory low on the personal computer or something but the Outlook is
showing this error message.  Is it possible?  Thanks.
0
hgregorian (88)

On Wed, 30 Nov 2005 11:31:08 -0800, "h gregorian"
<hgregorian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>The message in her Outlook says "The message being sent exceeds the message
>size established for this user." but we do not have any limitations set for
>anyone's mailbox or for the message transfer.  Any ideas why this is popping
>up?  I am thinking may be it is trying to pop up another error message such
>as memory low on the personal computer or something but the Outlook is
>showing this error message.  Is it possible?  Thanks.

Not even under Global Settings in the ESM?

0
adavid (8731)
11/30/2005 7:38:36 PM
"=?Utf-8?B?aCBncmVnb3JpYW4=?=" <hgregorian@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote in news:C02AB2E1-2D51-4696-84E9-D2C3029D9B1F@microsoft.com:

> The message in her Outlook says "The message being sent exceeds the
> message size established for this user." but we do not have any
> limitations set for anyone's mailbox or for the message transfer.  Any
> ideas why this is popping up?  I am thinking may be it is trying to
> pop up another error message such as memory low on the personal
> computer or something but the Outlook is showing this error message.
> Is it possible?  Thanks.

It is possible. How big is the file in question? What version of Outlook?
Can you replicate this with another user?

Regards,

--
Arlo Clizer
FAQ: http://www.exchangefaq.org

"h gregorian" wrote:

> The message in her Outlook says "The message being sent exceeds the message
> size established for this user." but we do not have any limitations set for
> anyone's mailbox or for the message transfer.  Any ideas why this is popping
> up?  I am thinking may be it is trying to pop up another error message such
> as memory low on the personal computer or something but the Outlook is
> showing this error message.  Is it possible?  Thanks.
0
Vicnice (145)

Page Size Sheet Size Not The Same
Hi - I'm having trouble with printing in Publisher 2007. I have a 5.5x8.5 page size and I want to print that size paper. I've tried to set the sheet to custom size in the printer setup, but Publisher still want a 5.5x8.5 Publisher size printing on a full 8.5x11 sheet. I don't get it. I never had this problem with the Publisher 2003 or anyother MS product including the other Office 2007 programs. Can anyone help clue me in? Even if I create a document as 5.5x8.5 size it will publish a 8.5x11 .pdf file. Please Help! Jerry The new Publisher page setup is not user friendly. ...

Screen Size
Dear All, I don't know if anyone can help but when I compose a message, the view of the message is huge! The font looks as though it's size 20 and it's driving me absoultely mad...... However, the emails in my sent / deleted files are normal size. Does anyone know why the view is so huge on my composing view and how I can get it back to normal? I've tried everything to no avail..... Many thanks! Sarah Grange, you wrote on Tue, 7 Oct 2008 02:05:00 -0700: > I don't know if anyone can help but when I compose a message, the view of > the message is huge! ...

Mailbox size
Hi, for some time i noticde that my live mail doesn't receive new messages unless i delete some old messages. i would leik to know if ther eis a maximum mailbox size in Live Mail. thank you. The mail box capacity is controlled by your isp. Check your account in the web interface to ensure you have not maxed out = your isp limit for your account If your account in WLM and a prior email client is/was configured to = never delete from the server, you may have over an extended=20 period of time reached your limit -- ....winston ms-mvp mail "Mirogzy" wrote...

max autonum multi-user environment
Hi All, although max ('ID' where param ..) is almost 100% I need to know the max autonum in a multi-user environment (e.g. max ID for particular client session)similar to MySQL ADO 'LAST_INSERT_ID()'. Does Access ADO/OLEDB have a similar function/option? thank you. If you use a recordset, it depends on if you are using DAO or ADO. In DAO, you get the autonumber value as soon as you AddNew, but you have to read and keep it in a variable before you update the record since DAO move back to where it was before the append. ADO, on the other hand, stays on the new record afte...

Money 2006 Premium Online Statement error.
I have been running Money 2006 Premium for about 2 months with no issues when I suddenly started getting the following error at the end of the online updates with my banks. ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Runtime Error! Program:..gram files\Microsoft Money 2006\MNYCoreFiles\msmoney.exe R6025 - pure virtual function call ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I have been searching on the general Microsoft website and found various KB articles about repairing the Money file etc...

speed up mailbox size increases
we have an AD structure with a NLB EXCH 2003 FE and a clustered 2003 BE. We have a developed application that manages mailboxes, assigns the mailbox quota, and manages the email addresses. If a user asks for a larger mailbox quota, we change it within the application, and the application immediately changes it in AD. Unfortunately it seems like quite a lengthy process between when AD knows about the change and the Exchange server starts to act on the new quota amount. Is there a way I can tweak either AD or Exchange so that the changes occur on a more regular basis. Typically it tak...

How do I increase font size in the reading pane in Outlook 2007?
Previous versions had a command button to cycle through font sizes tiny > small > normal > big > tiny > ... The nearest I can get in Outlook 2007 is to open the received email in edit mode and then select all and then choose a font size via a font dialog. Silicon.Com sends a weekly newsletter out in HTML using a very small font, which I need to enlarge for comfortable reading. Surely I've missed a very simple command button, but searching local and on-line help for "increase font size" etc. brings no help. ...

Find text error
With the following code, it finds the text, "red time" and then correctly pastes the whole selection on the sheet named "found". But I have this within a loop, and if the text is not found, then different text is pasted in the A4:P250 area, and it is to try another find on that text. If the text is found on the first time thru the loop, it works correctly, pasting the selection on the "found" sheet.... and continues on thru the loop, looking at each successive pieces of text, and (correctly) NOT finding "red time" in any of the successive ones, it ...

Backup file size
I run a script to backup my databases. The critical lines of code are: OSQL -U sa -P password -S ServerName -Q "BACKUP DATABASE StoreOps TO DISK = 'C:\RMS Backup\DailyBackup1.bck' WITH FORMAT, STATS And a second line just like the first for database HQ and filename DailyHQBackup.bck The files generated are 107MB (Store Ops) and 196MB (HQ). Recently I executed a 'no going back' query so I manually backed up my database. I don't normally check the file size when I do this sort ofthing, but last night my backup media (DVD-RW) ran out of space... The HQ Admin-ge...

Excel file very large in size?
I have made excel workbook with 10 sheets. It is simple and has one sheet with graph, and also 4 pictures of size 300Kb. Why excel file is over 3100 Kb in size, or this is ok? Thanks in advance Marc Excel is noted for over-estimating the actual used range on a sheet. See Debra Dalgleish's site for info and instructions for resetting. http://www.contextures.on.ca/xlfaqApp.html#Unused Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Mon, 25 Apr 2005 22:37:45 +0200, "Marc" <marc5@hotmail.com> wrote: >I have made excel workbook with 10 sheets. It is simple and has one sheet >with gra...

PCL XL Error Illegal Operator Sequence
Error trying to print (to HP4200tn)instead of highlighted XL spreadsheet; get a page w/PCL XL error: Subsystem: KERNEL,Error: Illegal Operator Sequence, Operator: Set Page Scale, Position: 3. Tried checking and unchecking Scale box - still won't print. ...

priv1.edb still has large size even no mailbox on it
Dear all, I have an Exchange 2000 mailbox store on W2K SP4 which has priv1.edb file size is 27 GB. Last month I create new mailbox store with the database name is priv2.edb and move the mailbox on the old mailbox store to the new one. But after there is no mailbox anymore on the old mailbox store, I wonder because priv1.edb file size still have the same size. Please help. Thanks. regards, Nita A priv.edb file will not dynamically shrink when you delete or move mailboxes from it. If you want to recover the saved space immediately you will need to run eseutil in defrag mode to compact...

Refresh problem for the size grip with Windows XP style
Hi, We have an dialog application with a scrollbar size grip. On Windows XP with visual style, there is a refresh problem for the size grip region. Without the XP style, everything is OK. I have noticed the same behavior with Notepad. Any ideas will be appreciated, Thanks ...

Exchange 5.5 import/export of mailbox size limits
I need to do an import/export of an Ex5.5 directory that would change the mailboxes size limits. Basically, I need to replace whatever is in the Issue Warning Prohibit Send Prohibit send and Receive .... account fields, and change these "manually" via a spreadsheet. I have several 100's of these to do and would like to do it via a CSV file in the Exchange admin export/import. What should the header of csv file be ? obj-class,directory name,Issue Warning?,Prohibit Send? Prohibit Send Receive? Thank You, SRP 2 of the column headers will be: Issue warning storage limit...

Remove Message Size Limiter
Dear All, im getting bounces to my exchanger server due to attachment size. Mail in question is a 5Mb message (Becomes 6.8 when in message format) commining from a hotmail account. I Know it isnt a Hotmail limitation, as ive sent the message to another organisations EX server. I need there to be absoloutly NO limitations within exchange AT ALL for the sending receiving or delivery of mail. I have been through exchange with a fine tooth comb and cannot find any such restrictors but im obviously missing somthing ive also checked the AD account in question to see if a limit has been plac...

Excel 2003 Forms (Not User Forms)
Can someone please answer some questions about how Excel works when trying to create a form with protected/unprotected cells... 1. When the worksheet is protected, it seems to block the ability to copy & paste objects into unprotected cells (is there a way around this?) 2. To duplicate the 'look' of existing paper forms, I have had to combine/merge cells to approximate the same positioning in the Excel file... when typing in an unprotected cell below the merged cells, the type disappears where the cells above have been merged and does not spread across the blank cel...

Sizing Tool for CRM 3.0
A partner would like to submit suggestion for Sizing Tool for CRM 3.0. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=e9792a1a-1a3d-4d82-b56d-7ce8909368c3&dg=micros...

Personal folder size
Hi, I have moved my personal folder to a server, and in the move it has increased in size from 26mb to 103mb. I've tried compacting it, but this has made no difference. Is there anything else I can do to reduce the size? Thanks Barry Nope, since it sounds like you have used the tools that are provided and removed any items from the pst that you just don't want. "Barry K" <bnk@cvl.uk.com> wrote in message news:c50il2$4tl$1@news.netkonect.net... > Hi, > I have moved my personal folder to a server, and in the move it has > increased in size from 26mb to 103m...

How do I get rid of #agg fields when Importing an XML file into E.
I'm importing an XML file that has int and double information within it. When the data is imported into Excel I get an extra column tagged with #agg For example: - <NewDataSet> - <Results> <FOO>41.01</FOO> </Results> This creates two columns when importing to Excel /Results/FOO /Results/FOO/#agg 41.01 41.01 ...

blank page size
HI I am using MS Publisher 2003 and I go to a blank page, then page setup and select A3 size, however, the blank page shown is still showing as a4. If I go to Print preview, then it shows the A3 page. This has only happened recently (not used A3 size for a while). As I have an A3 Printer, I want to be able to see the correct size when I am setting teh page up. Can anyone help please? Barry The first step is to set the Print setup. The would be the size of the paper stock in the printer and the way it sets in the supply tray, portrait or landscape. Then, set the File, Page setup. -- ...

Users do not show up in GAL.
Hello all. I have this strange problem that users who resides in some AD OU's do not show up in the GAL in outlook. But they DO show up when i do a preview of the GAL on the Exchange Server. More info. The GAL is in the 'ShowInAddressBook' attribute. When i create a custom address list with those users in it, this works fine. The problem only exists with the GAL. We have an exchange 2000 server, fully patched in an Windows 2000 AD. Can anyone explain me this strange behaviour? Thank you very much for responding. Joeri I sometimes find that it takes a while for people to ap...

control textboxes keep changing size
Hi, I've got several control-based textboxes in my worksheet but everytime the user clicks in out of them more than 5 or so times then the textboxes either change size, font size or just mess up the formating of the page completely. What is going on here and is there a fix? I really hope there is because otherwise I've wasted 6 hours setting up this spreadsheet. :) James I had that problem (xl'03) and it turned out to be changing the screen resolution while the wb was open. I'd click on a button and it would expand (and keep on growing every time I clicked it. The only w...

Crystal Reports error 01-12-05
Hello there! A particular report, when it is called through CRM, gives the following error : "Max Processing time/Max records limit reached". I set the maxDBResultRecords command to 0 at the Crystal Configuration Manager and now the report works continuously without giving any results (neither errors) at all. My Command line now is as follows: \\servername\C$\Program Files\Microsoft CRM\Crystal Decisions\Enterprise 9\win32_x86\pageserver.exe" -service -name IF-SRV-CRM.pageserver -ns IF-SRV-CRM -restart -maxDBResultRecords 0 Thank for any help! Happy New Year to all of y...

Size
I have an excel document that has grown to 40MB is size and is likely to grow a lot more in the next few months (potentially double). Does anyone have any information on acceptable file sizes for Excel documents, is there any official information from MS on this? I have recently learned that there is an increased likelihood of corruption of the file (especialy so I assume as it contains lots of calculations). Is there any truth in this? Thanks. See this http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#Unused Also use Robs code cleaner http://www.appspro.com/Utilities/Utilities.htm I often ...

Exchange 5.5 SP4
We have a problem with the TOTAL K and TOTAL ITEMS column in 'Microsoft Exchange Administrator' program. When selecting the "MAILSERVER -> Private Information Store -> Mailbox Resources" mailboxes with a (presumably) larger content as 4Gb are shown as a 0K mailbox but 19,000+ items are held in that mailbox. Does anyone have experienced this and has more info for me? I would like to know whether there is a patch or so (Knowledge Base has an article, KB 285788 but that does not cover my subject). Thanks. Berry "Berry" <Berry@NOMAILSERVER.TLD> wrote ...