No site name available - POP3 error

Hi,

I restarted my Exchange 2003 server running on Windows 2003 R2. The
following error was recorded in the System log and the POP3 service not
started. It started OK manually.

Event ID: 7023
The Microsoft Exchange POP3 service terminated with the following error:
No site name is available for this machine.

Any suggestions please on what could cause this?

Thank you.

John

Are you needing the POP3 service?  By default it is disabled.

--
John Oliver, Jr
MCSE, MCT, CCNA

"John" <john_corangamite@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I restarted my Exchange 2003 server running on Windows 2003 R2. The
> following error was recorded in the System log and the POP3 service not
> started. It started OK manually.
>
> Event ID: 7023
> The Microsoft Exchange POP3 service terminated with the following error:
> No site name is available for this machine.
>
> Any suggestions please on what could cause this?
>
> Thank you.
>
> John

0
jcoliverjr (1013)
8/23/2006 1:55:47 AM
Yes. I am providing POP3 access for mobile staff.

John

"John Oliver, Jr. [MVP]" <jcoliverjr@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Are you needing the POP3 service?  By default it is disabled.
>
> --
> John Oliver, Jr
> MCSE, MCT, CCNA
> Exchange MVP 2006
> Microsoft Certified Partner
>
> "John" <john_corangamite@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Hi,
>>
>> I restarted my Exchange 2003 server running on Windows 2003 R2. The
>> following error was recorded in the System log and the POP3 service not
>> started. It started OK manually.
>>
>> Event ID: 7023
>> The Microsoft Exchange POP3 service terminated with the following error:
>> No site name is available for this machine.
>>
>> Any suggestions please on what could cause this?
>>
>> Thank you.
>>
>> John

Have you run ExBPA?  Is this server also a DC?

--

> Yes. I am providing POP3 access for mobile staff.
>
> John
>
> "John Oliver, Jr. [MVP]" <jcoliverjr@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Are you needing the POP3 service?  By default it is disabled.
>>
>> --
>> John Oliver, Jr
>> MCSE, MCT, CCNA
>> Exchange MVP 2006
>> Microsoft Certified Partner
>>
>> "John" <john_corangamite@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I restarted my Exchange 2003 server running on Windows 2003 R2. The
>>> following error was recorded in the System log and the POP3 service not
>>> started. It started OK manually.
>>>
>>> Event ID: 7023
>>> The Microsoft Exchange POP3 service terminated with the following error:
>>> No site name is available for this machine.
>>>
>>> Any suggestions please on what could cause this?
>>>
>>> Thank you.
>>>
>>> John

0
jcoliverjr (1013)
8/23/2006 1:59:34 PM
No it is not a DC. I have run  ExBPA and am starting to resolve any issues
it identifies. The first ones related to memory use which required editing
the registry. As a matter of fact that was when I restarted the server after
making such a recommended registry change.

> Have you run ExBPA?  Is this server also a DC?
>
> --
> John Oliver, Jr
> MCSE, MCT, CCNA
> Exchange MVP 2006
> Microsoft Certified Partner
>
> "John" <john_corangamite@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Yes. I am providing POP3 access for mobile staff.
>>
>> John
>>
>> "John Oliver, Jr. [MVP]" <jcoliverjr@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>> Are you needing the POP3 service?  By default it is disabled.
>>>
>>> --
>>> John Oliver, Jr
>>> MCSE, MCT, CCNA
>>> Exchange MVP 2006
>>> Microsoft Certified Partner
>>>
>>> "John" <john_corangamite@hotmail.com> wrote in message

0
johnvan (19)

Error
I want to hide the insert and format menu items when i begin my program and make them visible again before i close. This is my code for hiding them on open: Private Sub Workbook_Open() CommandBars("Worksheet Menu Bar").Controls ("Format").Visible = False CommandBars("Worksheet Menu Bar").Controls ("Insert").Visible = False End Sub ....but I'm getting Run-time error '91': Object variable or With block variable not set. Any ideas as to why? Thanks, mika. Try Applcation.CommandBars. HTH -Dave "mika." <conceptualness@ho...

multiple instances of IE on same site
I have winxp and use IE 8. My problem is that I have 2 usernames on some web forums. I used to be able to login using both usernames and have both instances running simultaneously. Now I can't. Everytime I'm logged in and try to initiate another instance the username just changes. It does not allow me to open 2 IEs with 2 usernames at the same time. I'm pretty sure this is just a setting but I don't know where it is. The reason I think it's an IE setting is that when I try to login with a competitor browser as the 2nd user...it allows it. Any help would be gre...

Out of Memory (Error 7) when adding a VBA function
Hi all - WinXP/Access2003/All updates installed/2 GB of memory/Late model Dell PC. I'm getting an unexpected "Out of memory" error when I try to add a new function to a module. Pressing the [Help] button on this error dialog informs me that the error number is “7” and suggests things like: procedures are too complex and the like, but I have built much more complex VB code along with more modules than this in the past. I've been editing the file for some time, adding code for new functions and procedures at will with no trouble. In fact, I’ve been building the file ...

Exchange 2003 and Email for web site hosting
I have an Exchange 2003 and Active Directory domain set up. I am hosting a few web sites, and I don't know how to utilize exchange to set up email accounts for those web sites. To make sure I'm explaining this right.... DNS looks like this: _msdcs.DOMAIN.local mycompany.com DOMAIN.local othercompanywebsite.com mycompany of course is integrated with AD and exchange and all my users can get email at user@mycompany.com. How do i set up email for user@othercompanywebsite.com? Do these users need to be in AD? Really all i want is for info@othercompanywebsite.com to be redirected to use...

How to write XML with any name and type?
Disappointed, this is not the first time I'm posting this kind of a request for help, but no helpful answer was posted yet. I'll try make my question as clear as I can: (1) I wish to write an XML file. this file will contain any number of parameters to be used in my C# code as database. (2) This file may contain any number of parameters, and I will know the number of the parameters only at run time. (3) Any parameter must have a name, but this name may be any name, and I will know the names of the parameters only at run time. (4) Any parameter must have a type, this type can be...

Disabling / customizing error messages
Hi guys, I'm trying to customise / disable messages for two specific error messages in a specific work sheet. First Error: (on running macro) Run-time error '91': Object variable or with block variable not set (I would like to customise a new message in a standard message box here.) Second Error: (On attempting to edit cells in a protected sheet) The cell or chart that you are trying to change is protected and therefore read-only. To modify a protected cell or chart, first remove protection using the Unprotect Sheet command (Review tab, Changes group). You may be prompted for a...

posting pdf files on web site
I wondering how I can create a link in my web site that uploads a pdf file when it's being activated? The same way you do any other link. Import the .pdf file and create a link to it. (You might want to check out the Publisher newsgroup that deals with web issues.) "Par" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:387FD3EE-573E-47C6-86DD-8EB1FE4085F1@microsoft.com... > I wondering how I can create a link in my web site that uploads a pdf file when it's being activated? Thanx! ??? Import the PDF? or upload it? "JL Amerson" <JL_Am...

custom security group permissions on a newly provisioned site
Is there a way to automate creation of custom security group (eg 'listApprovers') with permissions on a newly provisioned workspace? Eg.. I have PWA runing on http://sampleurl1/pwa.. workspaces are on http://sampleurl2/sites ..[same farm etc.] When I provision a new site like http://sampleurl2/sites/newsite234 , I wish that 'listApprovers' are created on this workspace with custom permissions (eg approve list item workflows on lists)? Vaso, I am not aware of any way to do this. Any security changes made to a project workspace will not be retained when you ma...

Problem referring to "names" in formulas across sheets
Hi Excel - experts! I'm somewhat baffeled: On sheet 1 I have defined a "name" for cells A3:A500 as "AllDays". On sheet 3 I have a formula using this name: =SUBTOTAL(9;AllDays) However if I check the formula with "evaluate formula" this equals to =SUBTOTAL(9;A3:A97). Evidently referring to names across sheets is limited to 100 cells. If I use the same formula on sheet 1 everything seems to work. What am I doing wrong? Thanks, Rene I use named ranges across sheets which are tens of thousands of rows deep, so there should not be a limit like the one you ...

working with named ranges
If I have 3 worksheets (sheet1, sheet2, sheet3) each with a range o cells (1 column wide and varying rows long) named "range1", "range2 and "range3" respectively, can I write a formula to report the content of the 3 ranges into column 1 of sheet4? Thanks in advance, Dav ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com ~~Now Available: Financial Statements.xls, a step by step guide to creating financial statements Hi Dave, One way to do this (an...

Find Worksheet by name in any open workbook
Excel 2002. From within a Macro, is it possible to locate and copy an entire spreadsheet based on the worksheet name only? When I try to record the macro, I can't get around it specifying the workbook name. Asking the user to specify the workbook name (to populate a variable) is just asking for trouble. The data I want to retrieve is dumped from a host system into an Excel file. The name of the workbook will vary, but the worksheet name will always be the name of the host system query ("AQSD90_S"). I would like to create a macro that finds the worksheet and copies the data i...

Wife's Name On Templates
My wife created mailing labels and other documents and now her name and her business name are on the labels, brochures, flyers and other doc templates when they're opened. I tried removing and reinstalling Publisher 2002 to get the templates to return to their blank defaults but no luck. Are there registry hacks that have to be done? How do I fix this? -- a( : [|]=( DaffyD� A Duck With Tools Is A Duck To Be Reckoned With On the toolbar, edit, personal information This article might be useful PUB2002: Personal Information Dialog Box Appears with Each New Publication http://support.mic...

SMTP Connector
I receive the following error: A configuration error in the e-mail system caused the message to bounce between two servers or to be forwarded between two recipients. Contact your administrator. After implementing an SMTP connector to forward mail from BE through FE with FE acting as a bridgehead. Does the error relate to the fact that the FE is trying to forward to itself? If so how do I fix this? Thanks ...

exchange accounts will not delete from site
I have recently recovered one of my exchange 5.5 servers that crashed. Mailboxes have been restored and replication appears to complete only down to the restored server but not up to the main site mail server that holds the global address list. Due to lack of information in backups, it was necessary for me to manually recreate all mailboxes and then restore mailboxes. However, the new accounts have created with a "2" appended to each mailbox name. Example john@us.com is automatically created as john2@us.com. How do I purge the old accounts from the global list so that I can crea...

Workflows failing after adding site bindings
We have recently added web site bindings to our CRM server to enable us to host other sites on the same machine (Sharepoint web front-end in this case). We have updated the server registry HKLM\Software\Microsoft\MSCRM \ServerUrl to reflect the new name (http://CRM/MSCRMServices) - Thanks to Michael Hoehne for that tip. The problem now is that workflows do not appear to be firing correctly. They start the "Workflow expansion task" then immediately revert to a "Waiting" status. Has anyone experienced this before and if so, what needs to be done to resolve the problem? Ma...

Save As File Name from Cell?
Is there any way of automatically generating a (Save As) file name from the contents of a cell? Jeff Hi, Yes you can, as example, the VBA would be: Sub Macro1() ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:="C:\" & Sheets("Sheet1").Range("A1").Value & ".xls" End Sub -- Two heads are better than one! Email: subst1tut3 numb3rs for l3tt3rs... "Jeff Granger" wrote: > Is there any way of automatically generating a (Save As) file name from the > contents of a cell? > > Jeff > > > Thanks Jon "Jon von de...

sort contact list alphabetically by first name instead of e-mail a
Would like to know how to setup my Contacts Address book so it's listed alphabetically by First name instead of alphabetically by e-mail address as it is now. thanks. Do you want us to answer without knowing your Outlook version? That's rather rude. Fine. Pick your way through this answer: The most frequent question asked about the Outlook Address Book is "why won't it sort the way I told it to?" Simple answer. Even though we all know that our Outlook Address Book is simply a view of our Contacts, Microsoft did not configure it to abide by the settings we c...

free help available
Hi everyone! I'm working on some free videos on how to use outlook express. These are flash videos and are pretty big files- so fast internet service is recommended. These videos are more for the beginner than intermediate user (I'll get to those videos eventually). This site will always be under construction (we can never learn too much). I'll take your constructive critisism. www.l1step.com thanks for checking it out. Pay no attention to the Charter videos- they changed their email service recently. THANKS!! "Andy" <learnoutlookexpress6@l1step.com...

Money Runtime Error R6025
Tried the kb to register dll's, and still didnt work. I tried on my vista, quite a few DLLs are missing and can't register. Also tried on a XP machine and still the same error. Any other suggestions? =( ...

Vendor name to appear on PO commitment zoom from sales order
Vendor name to appear on PO commitment zoom from sales order When you click on the PO commitment in a sales order and zoom on the PO it would be nice to see the vendor name of the vendor you are purchasing from. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://w...

To Find Mail Box names in Exchange Server
Hi all, I would like to find the list of mailboxes in our exchange server. Is there any way to find the mailbox name list using Extended MAPI or should i go for any other API. Any suggestions on this will be highly appreciated. Thanx in advance, Regards, deena Single server? Easiest way would be to export list from Exchange System Manager. -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: www.exchangepedia.com/blog ---------------------------------------------- <tsgd84@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1156427829.128690.229380@h48g2000cwc.googlegroups.com... ...

Login failed for user 'x', Error: 18456
hi I've installed sql server 2005 express on my winxp machine (sp3). And created a login and restored a database and created a database user based on that login. When I from my asp.net app tryes to connect I get a Login failed for user 'x' error. Also I get this error when login into the sql servre management studio, so the error isn't all about asp.net. Think this is related to the configuration of remote connections, I've enabled remote connections ("using both TCP/IP and named pipes") These services are running on my computer: Sql Server ...

POP Returns
In POP Return Transaction, when you select a PO, and then a vendor item, it will not let you put return quantities in if the OVERALL inventory level is negative, even if you have positive inventory in the site (LOCNCODE) you want to do the return from. I have 20+ sites, and it is possible to have positive inventory in a few, and negative inventory in many others due to numerous issues/causes. Since it asks for a PO it should check the receipt location and only check that inventory level for the return. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds t...

errors when emailing
when attempting to email I get an error message saying " The host SMTP could no be found. Please verify that the server name is entered correctly." Thanks -- wildcat Please post the error message in its entirety. You can left click on it to highlight and then right click to copy and then paste it into this thread. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "wildcat" <wildcat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:17C80870-EC03-4B14-A5A6-E4B7BFD3D3C6@microsoft.com... > > when attempting to email I g...

SaveAs wk3 file type error message
I'm trying to convert an Excel worksheet to a Lotus 123, wk3, file format. I've had to use Excel 2003 as Excel 2007 no longer appears to offer the Lotus 123 file formats. When I do the SaveAs command in Excel 2003 an error is generated saying "You are attempting to save a file type that is blocked by your registry policy setting." Does anyone know a workaround for this issue? Ken Error message when you try to save a file in Excel 2007 or in Excel 2003: "You are attempting to save a file that is blocked by your registry policy setting" http://s...