No OWA and remote Exchange admin after installing of patch

NT Server 4.0 sp6.a, Exchange 5.5 sp4.0

After installing a Microsoft patch,OWA and remote Exchange admin didn't work
anymore.
A hotfix is available but you can't find it. I had to call Microsoft first!
They send me the hotfix.
See TechNet article Q332051

Leo

That article talks about requesting a cert for IIS 6 after installing
Certificate Service.  I think you posted the wrong number.

--
Hope that helps,
Dan Townsend

"L. Noordermeer" <l.noordermeer@hetnet.nl> wrote in message
> NT Server 4.0 sp6.a, Exchange 5.5 sp4.0
>
> After installing a Microsoft patch,OWA and remote Exchange admin didn't
work
> anymore.
> A hotfix is available but you can't find it. I had to call Microsoft
first!
> They send me the hotfix.
> See TechNet article Q332051
>
> Leo

0
dtown (976)
2/14/2004 7:22:19 AM
Sorry,
 the correct number is Q322051

"Dan Townsend [MSFT]" <dtown@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> That article talks about requesting a cert for IIS 6 after installing
> Certificate Service.  I think you posted the wrong number.
>
> --
> Hope that helps,
> Dan Townsend

rights.
> Please do not send email to this address, post a reply to this newsgroup.

> "L. Noordermeer" <l.noordermeer@hetnet.nl> wrote in message
> > NT Server 4.0 sp6.a, Exchange 5.5 sp4.0
> >
> > After installing a Microsoft patch,OWA and remote Exchange admin didn't
> work
> > anymore.
> > A hotfix is available but you can't find it. I had to call Microsoft
> first!
> > They send me the hotfix.
> > See TechNet article Q332051
> >
> > Leo

Excel Not Opening using OWA

OWA 2003 An Unknown Error Happened

Problems with OWA after Installing SP1

re: slow OWA

OWA URL and OWA authentication

Installing Dynamics GP 9 on Windows XP + SQL Server 2005 Standard
Hi, I installed Dynamics GP 9.0 on Windows XP with SQL Server 2005 Standard without problems during installation. But, when I open GP Utilities the "Server" field is blank and the combo box listing there are no servers to choose from. Or, in the other words, GP Utilities doesn´t show any server. Or again, seems that GP Utilities doesn´t care about the database... And I can´t go ahead. I´d be very glad for any help. Thanks. Marcos, You need to create an ODBC data source so that Utilities knows what server to point to - take a look at page 29 of the GP 9...

Outlook errors after recent patches
I am having the Outlook has encountered errors on many of my SFO users. I have contacted MS and was given hotfix 931270. I applied to my CRM Server as instructed, but this client side patch will not install on any of my systems? It comes back telling me that I do not have permissions to update Windows (if run by domain user w/ local admins) or if I run as a domain admin it comes back telling me the installed version is different than the version the update is trying to apply? CRM 3.0.5300.0 Will the Vista compatible SFO resolve this problem? Also i am not running Rollup1 on the serv...

OWA premium 2003 prompts for office CD?

Connecting Exchange Server to a POP3 Server
I need to download email from our company's ISP that runs a POP3 server. We have an Exchange Server running that we're trying to download the email to. We're currently running PopCon but I was wondering if microsoft has a support for this. There is a free program supplied by microsoft but it only works on Small Business Server. Any help would be appreciated. As you stated, SBS Product is the only product with Exchange that includes a POP Downloader. You will have to purchase third party Pop Downloader for any other versions of Exchange. I would strongly suggest hosting you...

Why does OWA...

Problems with remote access: Exchange 5.5 outlook 2003 and 98
I set up remote access so my boss can receive his email while on vacation with his laptop (running xp professional). I connected to the exchange server though our network (I was having problems with name recognition, which once connected to the network, it did recognize his name), logged in and outlook 2003 showed copies of all his email, I thought great. When I went to his workstation and opened outlook 98, his inbox didn't have any email, 2003 just took them? I created an offline folder; outlook is set to automatically synchronize. Why isn't 2003 sharing? Do I need to put 2003 on hi...

Exchange 2003 OMA issue
Ever since we installed device update 4 on our exchange server we have not been able to access mail through http://server/oma. Before we installed the update it worked fine. We now just get this on the screen when we try: -2147467259 (0x80004005) Any ideas? Thanks Anything in the event log? -- --Brian Desmond Windows Server MVP desmondb@payton.cps.k12.il.us www.briandesmond.com "Peter Barrett" <peter.barrett@kent.fire-uk.org> wrote in message news:1105719487.141855.245580@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com... > Ever since we installed device update 4 on our exchange serve...

Windows Server 2003 running Exchange in NT Domain
Is it possible to run a Windows Server 2003 with Active Directory in a Windows NT domain? We have the Windows Server 2003 in the domain but Active Diorectory is not installed. We do need to install Active Directory in order to Run Exchange 2003, correct? Thanks, Ryan Hi, Yes. You have to have an Active Directory forest/domain in order to install and run Exchange 2000 or Exchange 2003. Exchange 5.5 has it's own directory but Exchange 200x does not, it instead relies totally on AD for directory services. Craig -- Craig Philbeck a-cphil@online.microsoft.com Microsoft PSS Please d...

hidden recipients in microsoft exchange administrator
Hi - i'm using exchange 5.5 Just wandering - when I view the hidden recipients there seems to be loads of company names that our company deals with. Are these there because there are public folders in our system? Would deleting these hidden recipients also delete our public folders? Batfastad "Batfastad" <whatever@noway.com> wrote: >Just wandering - when I view the hidden recipients there seems to be >loads of company names that our company deals with. > >Are these there because there are public folders in our system? it's your system, why can't yo...

Install message?
Was installing an old 97 version of Excel on a new computer and got the following: htmlmarq.ocx unable to register in system registry Excel seems fine, but what is htmlmarq.oxc? Thanks C, A Google search for htmlmarq.ocx returned 740 items. Jim Cone San Francisco, USA "Crhoff" <cr-nospam-hoff@bestnetpc.com> wrote in message Was installing an old 97 version of Excel on a new computer and got the following: htmlmarq.ocx unable to register in system registry Excel seems fine, but what is htmlmarq.oxc? Thanks ...

OWA setup #4
I have a front end server on the inside network on the same subnet as my backend server. Do I need to do anything special to have the front communicate with the backend server..other then check the front end server box. I did all of the basics already. I am going to deploy an isa server in our dmz but for now I need to make this work. I can get the front ot work but it won;t work using premium mode on the logon screen but it will work using the backend server as the owa server even though I am attemping to login to it from the same server(front end) There shouldn't be anything spec...

Exchange 2003 #50
i am administering MS Exchange 2003. What are the rights so that i can change or amend a details in my MS Outlook 2003 GAL? Eg. amend phone number. Outlook doesn't support that. You must have appropriate rights on in Active Directory on the appropriate OUs or accounts to make those changes using Active Directory Users and Computers or some other customized user management tool. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "2Tian" <cmchong20@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:%23XrKJb9yGHA.4648@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl......

OWA down again
We rebooted the Windows 2000 server. Now when we try to access OWA, after the log on screen we get the error page ""HTTP/1.1 503 Service Unavailable". IIS 5 was restarted but we still get this error. I tried to create another virtual HTTP server in Exchange to make another web site but again we get the "HTTP/1.1 503 Service Unavailable". Do you know what we can do to fix this? ...

Exchange 2003 GAL
On our 5.5 system I have an address book view configured to list users by department, so the GAL is something like: Global Address List Dept 1 Dept 2 And so on. I can see that in 2003 I can build a query to show all users in "Dept 1", but I can't see a way of easily achieving the same sort of view other than by manually creating a query for every single department? cheers, Paul -- paul@spamcop.net I don't think there there is anything as intuitive as the views in Exchange 5.5 but the functionality is similar: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/319213/en-us Nue ...

Problem with OWA
Hi, From Outlook Web Access, when I create a new meeting and I choose a ressource, the ressource don't tell me that the reservation is ok. Moreover, the ressource don't put her status to "occupied". But, if I create the same meeting from Outlook, I don't have this problem. I will be notified and the ressource will be occupied. Is it a bug or how can I fixe the problem? Thanks in advance! Post to an Exchange group as OWA is a part of Exchange, not Outlook. microsoft.public.exchange.clients would be a good place to start. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post al...

OWA not displaying mailboxes
Hi .I setup a new windows 3K server, move AD on it and install exchange 2003 with SP2, test it and seems to me that everything was working. Then delete exchange from the old domain controller and removed AD but now when I run OWA no mailboxes appear. I just have some little boxes for the pictures and Loading... on the second frame. Any help is welcome. I already tried to reinstall exchange and reapply SP2 but that didn't help. Thanks Olivier On Fri, 30 Dec 2005 06:47:02 -0800, O Rako <O Rako@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi .I setup a new windows 3K server, move AD on...

Publisher will not install on Computer
I have a problem. When installing Publisher 2002 on Computer with Windows XP SP2 it installs OK, but when I go to the Office Update site, to download, then install new Updates during the installation it say it can not update, because Publisher is looking for the program on a server. I do not have a server, I installed it on my Computer. I uninstalled this twice already still the same results. If anyone has any ideas please help. How to troubleshoot failures updating your Office installation from the Office Update Web site http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;30449...