No NDR/warning for messages that exceed message size limit

Has anyone seen the following problem:
config - Exchange 2000 SP3 on Windows 2000 SP3
When message size limits are set and a user tries to send a message that exceeds the limit, the message appears to be sent normally.  In addition, there is no NDR returned and the message is never delivered to the recipient.  It appears that Exchange accepts the over-size message, then drops it without letting anybody know that the message was too big.
Also, if an external message come in that causes the mailbox size limit to be exceeded, neither the sender nor recipient is informed and the message appears to be dropped.
Any insight is greatly appreciated.
Mark
0
anonymous (74721)

Size of Excel file keeps getting bigger
I have a fairly small Excel file (~300K), that I update frequently. Mostly I am just replacing some text data, on which a lot of calculations are done. The text is being copied from a web page, so there is some HTML formatting and graphics data associated that make it about 30K in size The text being replaced is the same size as the new text, but when I close the file the size of the file goes up 30K or so. I can't figure out why it keeps increasing. The data is actually replaced, in that the cells have been overwritten. Any ideas? Is it keeping the old data around somehow, even ...

No macro's but still macro warning
Hi, I opened an Excel '97 template containing macro's in Excel 2003 . I removed all macro's from menu Extra | Macro's and saved it. But still when opening this template a macro warning asks [Disable macro's] [Enable macro's] [Help] Apparently something about macro's is still in there. How to remove this so I can raise macro protection back to High. Any suggestions ? TIA, John7. Remove the module -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "John7" <NoSp@m.no> wrote in message news:ef8mo7$phj$1@news3.zwoll1.ov.home.nl... >...

Stopping NDR's
Is there away to stop NDR's for users that no longer exist in Exchange 2000, and also keep the "Bad Mail" folder from filling up? Thanks Brad Create an Emtpy Distribution List with no members. Add the ex-employee email address to the DL list. They will simply disappear. For the Bad Mail, you can write a simple batch file to purge or delete the folder. -- John Oliver, Jr. MCSE, MCT, CCNA, Exchange MVP Microsoft Certified Partner "Brad" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:057a01c3d3e0$48730b60$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Is there away ...

Unable to create MDE message
I have a large Access 2k mdb which I convert to MDE for users on a regular basis. When I upgrade to an Access 2k03, I get the message in the subject with the details indicating too many tables. Is there any way to overcome this jet limitation for Access 2k03? ...

Outlook 2x spaces messages
Office XP professional: messages composed in single space are being received in double spaces. therefore it takes twice the amount of paper each time it is printed. Please advise for a solution. Thanks. I have a similar problem and just posted my own query. If you change from HTML to plain text option in Outlook, it will send with single spacing. I'll keep you posted if I find a workaround in HTML format. . . Eric >-----Original Message----- >Office XP professional: >messages composed in single space are being received in >double spaces. therefore it takes twice the a...

Undeliverable message from System Admininstrator
I recently added a new email account to Outlook 2003 (I have successfully added 5 email accounts in the past) ; when I send from the new email account, I receive an immediate reply from System Administrator stating, "Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. 553 Sorry, that domain isn't in my list of allowed rcpthosts." Did you set up SMTP to use authentication? "Lawrence" <Lawrence@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4C603F95-CF8E-4005-B6A2-ABC1AF479445@microsoft.com... :I recently added a new email account to...

Html messages coming in as Plain text
I have some (not all) HTMl messages coming in as plain text. Does anyone know if there is a default setting to tell Outlook to use HTML first? ...

deleted messages disappear
when I delete an email it does not go into the delete folder it disappears. I don't the folder set to auto delete. I am running outlook 2002 and checked my settings with others in my office. Any help would be greatly appreciated. gus Check to see if you have a view set on that folder, something like unread messages. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no a...

OWA and junk email size limit
Outlook 2003 and OWA - user gets the following message when using OWA to access mailbox data: "An error occurred processing your junk e-mail lists. You are over the size limit allowed on the server. Contact your server administrator." I do not know if the user gets this message when working locally because the user is out of town. Any idea what causes this and how to fix it? Thank you, LMoore ljmoore@dover.de.us It sounds like the mailbox needs some cleaning. When a mailbox is over its quota you (sometimes) cannot move a message without deleting one first. For more assis...

Missing attachment warning
Hello. I am trying to personalize my Outlook to avoid sending useless e-mails. For instance, since I have no knowledge of Visual Basic, I have found on the web the following script to avoid sending e-mails with no subject: Private Sub Application_ItemSend(ByVal Item As Object, Cancel As Boolean) Dim strSubject As String strSubject = Item.Subject If Len(strSubject) = 0 Then Prompt$ = "Subject not present, continue?" If MsgBox(Prompt$, vbYesNo + vbQuestion + vbMsgBoxSetForeground, "Check for Subject") = vbNo Then Cancel = True End If End If End Sub It wo...

PSM_SETFINISHTEXT message
From http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb774699(VS.85).aspx PropSheet_SetFinishText Sets the text of the Finish button in a wizard, shows and enables the button, and hides the Next and Back buttons. You can use this macro or send the PSM_SETFINISHTEXT message explicitly. By default, the Finish button does not have a keyboard accelerator. You can create a keyboard accelerator with this macro by including an ampersand (&) in the text string that you assign to lpszText. For example, "&Finish" defines F as the accelerator key. How I can modify the te...

NDR ?
I get one of the following messages whenever I try to send messages to certain recipients: The following recipient(s) could not be reached: 'betsy@xyz.com' on 4/12/04 9:39 AM The recipient name is not recognized The MTS-ID of the original message is: c=US;a=PRIMARY;p=ELLIST;l=HERAD-040412133844Z-433 ------------------------------------------------- The following recipient(s) could not be reached: 'adam@abc.com' on 3/25/2004 1:53 PM Unable to deliver the message due to a communications failure The MTS-ID of the original message is: c=US;a=PRIMARY;p=ELLIST;l=HERAD-040325185233...

Opening emails and messages in full screen mode
I can't find a way to make emails and newsgroup messages open in full screen mode. Is there a way to do it? Jim Hawkins Any window you want to resize permanently must be the /last/ window closed. Grab the corners of the window and drag it to full screen size. Do not use Maximize. Close all other windows first via the Taskbar and this one last. Windows will remember the *last* screen size used the next time you open the program. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "Jim Hawkins" <jimhawkins@manx.net> wrot...

Messages not appearing in Inbox!!!
I am running Windows XP and Outlook 2003. Everything was working fine until I installed a new hard drive and moved the existing C: files to the new drive which is now the boot drive. I used Seagates program to move the files. Now, Outlook starts and will send without any problems (the sent messages show up in the sent folder). But when outlook downloads a message, it doesn't go to the inbox or any other place I can find. I checked through web-mail and the message is being downloaded and removed from the POP server. I did an advanced search and the message doesn't appear to be in ...

Cannot open original message in NDR
Hello, When I receive a NDR I cannot open the original message in Outlook 2003. When I use Outlook Express I can open and view the original message. What do I have to do to see the original message in Outlook 2003? Kind regards: Emiel Kempen. what's NDR? nntp://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.outlook/<OcPrtbI0EHA.1392@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl> Hello, When I receive a NDR I cannot open the original message in Outlook 2003. When I use Outlook Express I can open and view the original message. What do I have to do to see the original message in Outlook 2003? ...

NDR
Have a remote user who connects to LAN via VPN, using XP professional and Office XP small business. Email worked fine yesterday but now user cannot send mail, gets following error message: Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: RE: test Sent: 10/16/2003 11:44 AM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: recipients name on 10/16/2003 11:44 AM None of your e-mail accounts could send to this recipient. User can receive email without any problems. I cannot find this in the knowledge base so any help would be g...

Unique user reports people are getting NDR's when sending him messages within my organization
Strange behavior. About 5 users report that sending messages to "Smith, John" (a valid user in my organization) returns an NDR. I attempted to send message to "Smith, John" and it works fine. I noticed that users who complain messages are failing are housed in the same Mailbox Store, Storage and Exchange server than John, Smith. I attempted to track message below using Messaging Tracking center but no results were returned. Please advise how can I troubleshoot this ? What this error could be ? From: System Administrator Sent: Monday, November 07, 2005 7:28 AM T...

Messages Deleted When Replying
When replying to an email, the email is being automatically deleted and does not end up in any other folder. The only way to see the original email message is to go to Sent Items and follow the thread. I've run a full system scan and cannot find any viruses. Any ideas? Thank you. Check your view. Make sure it's not set to unread message. -- Patricia Cardoza Outlook MVP Author - Special Edition Using Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 Lead Author - Access 2003 VBA Programmer's Reference Author - Absolute Beginner's Guide to Microsoft OneNote 2003 http://blogs.officezealo...

NDR's and Virus's
I recieved a e-mail from my T-1 provider stating "A host (my domain ip) within your IP block appears to be the source of an email containing the virus: Worm.Sober.U. The email address listed in the from field in messages sent by most viruses is generally spoofed. Please ensure that your mail server is not sending a virus notification or NDR (non delivery report) to this address as these methods can be used directly or indirectly to propagate email viruses." I have determined that it is indeed a NDR report being generated causing the issue. I also notice that when I do a ...

OOO and NDR Security Risk Solutions
Hi, I'd like to enable NDRs and external OOO messages, which have been disabled by the previous IT Manager, but I am aware of the potential security risks. Can someone please recommend security tools which help prevent some of these risks? Thanks, Matt I know that guns kill people. Can someone recommend a gun that doesn't kill people as much? -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" <mlaufer@srg.com> wrote in message news:1160520993.355412.165180@b28g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > > I'd like to enable N...

2 Servers, OWA, SSL, works on one, warning message on another?
Hello, We're in the process of setting up OWA for some of our customers. I've installed SSL certificates on the server, and to test things out, I'm hitting OWA from the server locally. One one server (SBS 2003), everything works great. On the other server (also SBS2003), I get a message stating "This page contains both secure and non-secure items. Do you want to display the non-secure items?" If I say Ok, everything works properly, but I can't for the life of me figure out what's different between the two I've gone through the configs in IIS, and e...

message history being saved?
i have a new laptop. On my last computer i saved all message history. Now i save all message history on my laptop. Now what i need to no is. will the current convo history still be viewable on my old computer or not? History is saved on the machine not the server. Whatever was saved on your old machine will still be viewable there (unless you have deleted it). New history created on the laptop will viewable on the laptop. Do you need the new history to be available on the old computer? "leighanne" wrote: > i have a new laptop. On my last computer i saved all ...

Delete message
When deleting a message in Outlook 2003 the message doesn't disappear from Inbox, but remains with a line across the text. How can I change this so the message will disappear from Inbox? Are you using a IMAP server? I think you have to reconnect to delete the message from the server to fully delete it. "Patrick" <Patrick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:51F4170B-6256-462E-8E4F-30B68CB2C300@microsoft.com... > When deleting a message in Outlook 2003 the message doesn't disappear from > Inbox, but remains with a line across the text. How can I c...

How cc email messages
I just went to send the first message with my new WLM software, and I discovered that there's apparently no "cc" field where I can insert the addresses of persons to whom I want to send a copy of the message. How do I send CCs? Thanks for replies. That is, and to clarify.........., how do I send CCs if I'm addressing the message without using the address book? "PE" <ple@ix.netcom.com> wrote in message news:Nf-dnUuY3dC6ManRnZ2dnUVZ_oCdnZ2d@earthlink.com... > I just went to send the first message with my new WLM software, and I > dis...

IE8 and There's a better way to browse the web! message
I have Windows 7 - 64 bit and when running IE8 I am getting this message There's a better way to browse the web! from sites like Twitter, Drudge. I have the version 8.0.7600.16385 of IE. Any ideas? Thanks Kevin "fw_aviator" <fw_aviator@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8DCB74D8-8B0B-43FC-8C80-67772900CDD8@microsoft.com... > I have Windows 7 - 64 bit and when running IE8 I am getting this message > There's a better way to browse the web! from sites like Twitter, Drudge. > I > have the version 8.0.7600.16385 of IE. >...