No NDR Generated - Exchange 5.5 SP4

Greetings!

            For some reason, when email is sent to an invalid recipient from
outside of my network, no NDR is generated. If the email is sent from an
internal client, then the NDR is generated. Any ideas?

My platform is:

Exchange 5.5 SP4

Windows 2000

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you,

Mike Scott

Exchange Information Store did not start
After i removed the Exchange 2000 server, the email stopped so i restarted the Exchange 2003. This server has been a little problem since upgrading the server to Windows 2003SP1. The Information Store does not automatically start. I have been sent a fix to remove the Exchange 2003 service and reinstall it but have not had the opportunity to complete that task yet. A reboot on the Exchange Server makes me manually start the Information Store and MTA. This time the Information Store errored out and the services showed the Information Store as 'Starting'. I could not do anything wit...

Exchange 2003 Not Storing Email in Sent Items
We just migrated over to 2003 and Exchange 2003 and have been noticing sporadic occasions of some email not being saved in sent items. No, there are no filter, rules or anything on the outlook clients and this does NOT happen on ever mail so "save sent items" is turned on. At first it seemed that it was only emails that were old but I have users reporting that after creating a brand new email they are not stored. I have another user that when he forwards a certain email it will not show up no matter how many times you try. I've logged in using OWE and other workstations with ...

Exchange Active Sync #4
I have a user with a Sprint PalmOne Treo 650. Sprint advertises that this is supported by Exchange 2003 Server Active Sync. Microsoft has documented that Active Sync is included with Exchange 2003 at no additional cost. I have not been able to find documentation on how to install and configure Exchange 2003 Active Sync to support a Sprint PalmOne Treo 650. Can anyone point me to Microsoft or Sprint/PalmOne documentation on how to setup Exchange 2003 Active Sync to support a Treo 650? I work with the American Red Cross, a non-profit organization. I appreciate your help and support. On ...

'ID no: 80090324 Microsoft Exchange System Attendant occurred'
Has anyone out there come across the error above. I cannot start the System Attendant on a Front End server, which is configured the same as the back end server for all TCP/IP related information. When I searched Google I came across http://www.exchangeserverhelp.com/ftopic3791.html. I have verified the information suggested in this link, and yet I cannot start the SA. Any suggestions someone? "TD" <TD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Has anyone out there come across the error above. I cannot start the System >Attendant on a Front End server, which is configure...

Need to generate random choice at top of a column
Hi - here's what I need to do - can you assist? I want to have a column of different words with a button at the top , when I click on the button it will 'spin' the column and display one of them randomly at the top. It will only choose from the cells below that have data in them (not empty ones). How do I write a macro to do this? I then want to have about 6 of these columns side by side with a 'master button' that will spin all of them at the same time, generating a random set of six words. Any assistance greatly appreciated... Ken Burgin Sydney ...

Exchange 2003 Default Mail Box
In Exchange 5.5 there used to be Default mail box where all unresolved recipient emails used to get diverted. I am unable to find a setting in Exchange 2003 to achieve this.All the incoming SMTP mail with misspelt name stay in the queue untill expiry time and then get deleted. I have no possiblity to correct recipient address in the queue also. Is any one able to help in this regard? Any tips for this will be appreciated. Thanks These mails are usually deposited in the Bad Mail Folder under your exchsrvr directory. You can verify by checking your SMTP VS settings. -- John Oliver, J...

Exchange 5.5 user problem: not receiving mail until sending mail
Hi - One (only one) user does not receive internal mail from a different site until he sends mail to that site (both servers Exchange 5.5, client is Windows XP w/ Outlook 2000 SP3), then he gets whatever is waiting for him in the queue all at once. Does not seem to happen when sending to the outside, only on internal servers--and it's only one user? Weird. Any ideas on how to resolve this issue or what is going on? Thanks! bhr The new mail notification uses UDP - it's likely that this is being blocked on the workstation itself by the built-in firewall after applying SP1 for XP. He...

Entourage stops connecting with Exchange server
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel From time to time Entourage does not seem to be able to connect to the Exchange server. Under Leopard this usually happens after I work offline for a while then attempt to go back online. Connection is across a VPN. It usually resolves itself after a while (typically 10 - 15 minutes). It's almost as if Entourage needs some time to think about whether or not it wants to talk to the Exchange server. I upgraded my O/S to Snow Leopard a few hours ago. And Entourage is still unable to connect to the Exchange server. In f...

Exchange 2003 & deleting SMTP address
Hi all, Under 5.5 we could delete the SMTP address of a user, who was terminated or left, to disallow email from coming in from the outside. Under 2003, if you only have theSMTP address, it won't let you delete it because it is the primary address. Is there a way to bypass this or some function I am not aware of to delete the address. We don't delete or archive the email account right away for various reasons but need to disable smtp traffic. Thanks in advance. Chris Do you disable the user account once they leave? If this is the case anyone who sends to this user will receive...

$5 domain names
$5 Domain names!!! .biz & .us names Offer Valid Until June 30, 2004 http://www.lowregister.com ...

Dynamics CRM 4 without Exchange but with Lotus Domino
Hi everyone, I'd like to know if in Dynamics CRM v4 you need exchange to route the incoming mail to the queues, because I have heard that in version 4 you don't need to have exchange server. We have Lotus Domino as email server and we'd like to get the incoming mail via E-mail Router Configuration Mnager in Dynamics CRM v4. I don't know if these steps are correct: 1. Create two profiles (one for incoming mails and one for outgoing mails) 2. Create a new deployment to connect with dynamics CRM server. 3. Load Data. 4. Modify the incoming or outgoing profile for a user or que...

Exchange 2007 archiving
Hi, I want to setup a simple procedure to archive all messages for all mailboxes on my server, on a yearly basis. My idea is to run the following command for each one : Export-Mailbox -Identity mailbox1 -PSTFolderPath d:\export\mailbox1-2009.pst -StartDate "2009/01/01" -EndDate "2009/12/31" Customers will open the corresponding PST file whenever they need. I'm wondering if all folders are exported. According to Technet (http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb266964%28EXCHG.80%29.aspx), only the standard folders (Inbox, Sent Items, Junk, ...) ...

want to generate single deposit for several cash receipts import
I would like to be able to import several cash receipts and generate single deposit. Currently the standard import functionality for receipts is the Deposit Import in Routines | Financial | Bank Management | Deposit. This import utility brings in Deposit transactions. When importing receipts, the system will generate corresponding deposits for each receipt. The import layout as of the moment does not include a batch field that will allow you to create a deposit for several receipts. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and...

Exchange server reboot to allow check name in outlook
Why on a daily basis do I need to reboot the exchange server in order for the "Check Name" feature in outlook to work. If I reboot, it will work for a while but when I add new users in AD, after a day or so, I have to reboot for the feature to work. If there is a service that I can restart for this to work, it would be much easier than rebooting the server. Thanks, Dan - MCP You should not need to do this so there is something else going on and you need to identify the underlying issue. Can you explain in more detail what is happening? Nue "Field Support Rep" <...

Create a Graph with Random Number Generator
Hello, I'm trying to reproduce a graphic. It was made using the random generator number. Since, I am not very confortable with statistics I thought someone could help me with this. The X axis represents days. The Y axis a Flow volume that ranges from 0.4 to 32. The graphic represents a "possibility" model of a flow during a year. For example, Day 1 to Day 12, the flow is 23.5 litres. Day 62 to 100, the flow is 0.4 litres. There are only 3 possibilities: 0.4, 23.5 or 32.0. Please help, it's driving me nuts! Thanks, L. Luke wrote on Mon, 19 Dec 2005 06:19:02 ...

Is exchange server a good choice for an office with 5 pcs?
I work for a small company. There is "the boss", a secretary, and two other people who occaisionally use a pc. We had been networking as a workgroup until last week. All pcs had access to various files on a shared network drive. Last week, the owner's son (who works for a large corporation IT department hundreds of miles away) decided we needed to go client server. He purchased a domain server, changed us from workgroup to domain based computing, and installed Exchange Server. Since then we have had lots of problems. This reconfiguration was done without any analysi...

Unable to HIDE addresses in GAL with Exchange 2003 mixed mode
I am running a new Exchange 2003 server in mixed mode with an Exchange 5.5 server. I have an ADC connection agreement that is working to my old server. I mark users as "Hide from address lists", but this has no effect. These users and distribution lists still appear in the GAL. The Recipient Update Service is running, and working. I have rebuilt and forced them to replicate with no change. I have seen many posts on Google with this problem, but no solutions. Little help??? Aaron Gabrielson aaron_gabrielson@hotmail.com they show in the GAL on the 2003 side, or the 5.5 side? ...

Exchange 2003 and a Linux box
Until last week, we ran a Windows Server 2003 Active Directory environment(single domain) with a sole, ancient Exchange 5.5 server on a Windows NT box. About a year ago, some outside company brought in a Sun Server and, without my intervention, was able to set up that box to email outside the company a report every week. To my knowledge, nobody had to do anything to the Exchange server to get this to work. Now last week we migrated that sole exchange server to Exchange 2003. Everything works perfectly, but that Sun Server no longer can send out emails. The Sun server has the new IP ...

Ex5.5
Hi,All I recall somewhere that I should exclude PRIV and PUB databases from being scan by antivirus software. Is this a correct statement and should I be excluding the exchsrvr folder and all subfolders ? Thanks -Darren Exclude all the exch dirs from flat-file AV scanning. On Tue, 4 May 2004 21:51:25 -0400, "Darren" <darren@vslink.net> wrote: >Hi,All >I recall somewhere that I should exclude PRIV and PUB databases from being >scan by antivirus software. Is this a correct statement and should I be >excluding the exchsrvr folder and all subfolders ? >Thanks &...

Move forms in public folders 5.5 to exchange 2003
Hello all, I recently migrated from exchange 5.5 to exchange 2003 using ADC and things were fine. I later deleted ADC and moved Exchange 2003 to native mode. I recently found out that the public folders have not been migrated. I earler used the pfmigrate script in exchange 2003. For some reason it had just created blank folders with no data on it. Now i want to migrate/transfer the public folders content(like forms) from exchange 5.5 to exchange 2003 computer. Please help. Best, Karthik ...

Tab Control #5
Why is it so hard to find a good, inexpensive, easy to use tab control for MFC? VB has had one for years. The one in .net is ok. ...

Exchange Eval 2003
Is there a way to tell when the Eval copy of Exchange 2003 is going to Expire? Thanks Roger Crawford HTS On Sun, 21 Dec 2003 17:34:18 -0600, Roger Crawford wrote: > Is there a way to tell when the Eval copy of Exchange 2003 is going to > Expire? Thanks Add 120 days to the installation date, if you're unsure when Exchange actually was installed, check the "Exchange Server Setup Progress.log" file typically found on your C: drive. Regards -- Henrik Walther http://exchange-faq.dk ...

sharing calendars with exchange
Hi, I'm looking to setup a new AD based network with 2 physical sites to begin with. Each of these sites will have a Windows 2003 server for file/print and another one for Exchange. The sites will be be connected via a VPN over ADSL (512k/256k) to begin with, but 10mbit/s at a later date. Since there is only going to be 1 AD will any calendars that are shared, be viewable by users at both sites? Thanks If this is posted in the incorrect place, please let mw know. Ian ...

exchange 2003...service pack 3?
Now that Exchange 2007 is available, is it unlikely that there will be a Service Pack 3 for Exchange 2003? Will SP2 likely be the last large update for Exchange 2003? Drew Drew <drew@drew.com> wrote: >Now that Exchange 2007 is available, is it unlikely that there will be >a Service Pack 3 for Exchange 2003? Best guess? I doubt there'll be another SP for E2K3. But that's just me opining, not MS giving an answer. >Will SP2 likely be the last large >update for Exchange 2003? To get a definitive answer you'd have to ask MS that question, and I don't thin...

Exchange 2003 SP1 change RTF ????
Hello I use netfolder with Exchange 2003 (before SP1) and it works fine.. The mail in Rich Text Format was good pass throught the server. After the SP1, the server apparently change the format of this file and now, i have a mail with a joined file with means that is not in RTF. Thanks for Al Bye ! ...