No NDR Generated 2

I'm using Exch. 2000 SP4 on Win2000 SP4 server.  The problem began since the MYdoom virus came out, I'm getting emails to invalid addresses at my domain such as mary@mydomain.com.  No NDR are generated and the messages are showing up in my quarantine list saying that it contains the virus.  As a test I sent emails to invalid addresses from my hotmail account as well as from my internal account.  Neither received a NDR saying the addresses are invalid

I checked the bad mail folder and nothing showed up in there.   From the other posting dated 12/11/03 called No NDR Generated, I turned on send copy of NDR to my valid account to see what get sent but nothing is there that is from invalid emails addresses.  What can I do

Tech Support

I just checked my queue folder and find the messages in there.  I sent the messages at 9:40am EST and the queue time said 10:28 am EST.
0
anonymous (74723)

Stopping NDR's
Is there away to stop NDR's for users that no longer exist in Exchange 2000, and also keep the "Bad Mail" folder from filling up? Thanks Brad Create an Emtpy Distribution List with no members. Add the ex-employee email address to the DL list. They will simply disappear. For the Bad Mail, you can write a simple batch file to purge or delete the folder. -- John Oliver, Jr. MCSE, MCT, CCNA, Exchange MVP Microsoft Certified Partner "Brad" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:057a01c3d3e0$48730b60$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Is there away ...

autoreply #2
Goodmorning, We are using Outlook2003 with Exchange server 5.5. Is it possible to make a rule with ''have server reply using a specific message '' with the original message? I want when: a message arrives to send a reply, always, but WITH the original message, otherwise people don't know on which message this reply is send. Thanks. John No. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "John Knijn" <john.knijn@p...

RMS v1.2 allows multiple returns of the same invoice.
I know this sounds imposssible, but i have seen it happen myself. And was is total shock and disbelief. I have a friend that has RMS v1.3 in a hardware store and it is possible for some odd reason to perform multiple returns on the same invoice without any warnings or errors being generated from RMS. Does anyone experience that with thier current installation of RMS, aslo does anyone have an explanation? Regards Don yes. just overlooked by development i guess.. anyone have a word if it has been fixed in the recent hotfix? "donphillip" <phillipd@hugginsrenada.com> ...

Random File generation when saving
I have Office XP to start with. When one my users saves the file he is working on, Excel automatically saves a file with a randomly generated 8 character name consisting of letters and numbers. The file also has no extension type, but Windows still knows it is to open in Excel. It does this with every save. This happens on only one of my workstations, all others do not do this. Could someone please help me out. Thank you. Are there any add-ins active? Is there code in the personal.xls or some other open workbook? What do you see for the XLS association in the OS (i.e., Windows)? ...

Sheets #2
Hello, I have a macro that opens workbooks on demand using vba code. I would like to be able to create an error if a particular worksheet is not in the Excel file. I would like the error to display a message if the sheet is not in the file. How can I prepare my if statement to determine if a particular worksheet is in the file or not? Also, I would like to do this using vba code. Thank You, Here is one I use to activate,if open, or open if not. It's from a typed name in a cell using a double click event. Private Sub Worksheet_BeforeDoubleClick(ByVal Target As Range, Cancel As...

2 sheets on 1 paper
Ive created several sheets in Excel....now I want to have it printet on a duplex printer...so I want the 2 sheets to be on same paper...one on front and the other on the back.. So far I havent found a solution...can anybody help me, plzzz ??? Hi One way http://www.rondebruin.nl/print.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin (Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2000-2003) www.rondebruin.nl "DJE" <junkmail2dje@nettaxi.com> wrote in message news:9B4677C2-A836-420C-9414-833B0DBACA13@microsoft.com... > Ive created several sheets in Excel....now I want to have it printet on a duplex printer...so I want...

Export troubles #2
I am currently trying to get the following fields to export from the Task items into an Excel spreadsheet or even a .csv for that matter Subject, % Complete, Created Date, Due Date, Date Completed, Owner, Requested by I can get 4 of the 7 fields to export, but am unable to export the others. I have defined them in my views so they are visible. When I try to define custom mappings, I am unable to see 'Owner, Requested by, Created Date' fields in order to map them. I have tried following the KB#236903 with no success and I am unable to find the field names on the list provided in KB...

NDR ?
I get one of the following messages whenever I try to send messages to certain recipients: The following recipient(s) could not be reached: 'betsy@xyz.com' on 4/12/04 9:39 AM The recipient name is not recognized The MTS-ID of the original message is: c=US;a=PRIMARY;p=ELLIST;l=HERAD-040412133844Z-433 ------------------------------------------------- The following recipient(s) could not be reached: 'adam@abc.com' on 3/25/2004 1:53 PM Unable to deliver the message due to a communications failure The MTS-ID of the original message is: c=US;a=PRIMARY;p=ELLIST;l=HERAD-040325185233...

Purchase Order Approvals #2
If you access an Approved Purchase Order and change ANYTHING in the window, such as the Comments, the status of the Purchase Order switches back to Unapproved. Only changes affecting the document Total should switch the status back to Unapproved. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree...

valid xml schema generates "Duplicated declaration" error in DataSet
Hi all, When reading the following ugly but valid (according to w3c XSV) xsd into a DataSet I get "Duplicated declaration PossiblesValue" error. Can anyone tell me why? This is a small part of a large xsd reverse engineered from an existing xml output from an application so despite the structure being crap it can't be changed. Thanks, Here's the XSD... <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> <xs:schema id="XMLSchema1" targetNamespace="http://tempuri.org/ XMLSchema1.xsd" elementFormDefault="qualified" xmlns=&...

CRM 1.2 Internet Explorer crashing
Has anyone experienced IE crashing when changing windows in CRM 1.2 or know a fix for it? All my users here are reporting CRM closing down when trying to go from one screen to another in CRM, but it only happens at random. The error message logged is Faulting application iexplore.exe, version 6.0.2900.2180, faulting module mshtml.dll, version 6.0.2900.2963, fault address 0x0006cfce. TIA Hits Hello Hitesh, This looks like its covered under another thread. do a search for mshtml.dll and you'll find thread that ends with a note that MS is looking at it. I went down the same path myself,...

NDR
Have a remote user who connects to LAN via VPN, using XP professional and Office XP small business. Email worked fine yesterday but now user cannot send mail, gets following error message: Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: RE: test Sent: 10/16/2003 11:44 AM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: recipients name on 10/16/2003 11:44 AM None of your e-mail accounts could send to this recipient. User can receive email without any problems. I cannot find this in the knowledge base so any help would be g...

Unique user reports people are getting NDR's when sending him messages within my organization
Strange behavior. About 5 users report that sending messages to "Smith, John" (a valid user in my organization) returns an NDR. I attempted to send message to "Smith, John" and it works fine. I noticed that users who complain messages are failing are housed in the same Mailbox Store, Storage and Exchange server than John, Smith. I attempted to track message below using Messaging Tracking center but no results were returned. Please advise how can I troubleshoot this ? What this error could be ? From: System Administrator Sent: Monday, November 07, 2005 7:28 AM T...

Sumif??? #2
Okay I have a formula now that I am using to calc. the Year-to-date point will be deleted. "=SUM(EDATE(B8,12)+10" I want it to only calc. if there is a point value >0 in D. So I would use Sumif but Im not quite sure how to nest that together -- KellyMcG0 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- KellyMcG03's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1454 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26169 Hi still not very clear what you're trying to do. Try to post some data rows (p...

Auto Update #2
I have a password protected Excel document that contains links. Is there a way to have Excel automatically update these links on a daily basis without having to open the document, enter the password, then save the document? Thank you in advance, Tony Maybe you could have a macro do it for you. But you'll have to embed the passwords in the code. Tony wrote: > > I have a password protected Excel document that contains links. > > Is there a way to have Excel automatically update these links on a daily > basis without having to open the document, enter the password, t...

How do I Full screen an Email??? #2
I looking for a way to look at an email that I receive in a full screen mode. The way I'm trying to see it is like I was in I.E. and pressed the f11 key or if I was in Word or Excel & used the Alt+V+U function for full screen. What I am trying to see just the heart of the email not the header or anything else but the email body ...

set up multiple users in outlook #2
I am currently using and ISP that provides me with 7 different email and would like to start using Outlook to receive email opposed to the online website. I have been able to add the different email address into my mail accounts, however I am receiving all the emails into one inbox. Is there a way for a prompt to come up asking which user will be using Outlook and only the email pertaining to that user to be received in that session and that when email is sent out it is sent from that user. I understand that I can do it with Outlook Express under Identities Management however I would...

Cannot open original message in NDR
Hello, When I receive a NDR I cannot open the original message in Outlook 2003. When I use Outlook Express I can open and view the original message. What do I have to do to see the original message in Outlook 2003? Kind regards: Emiel Kempen. what's NDR? nntp://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.outlook/<OcPrtbI0EHA.1392@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl> Hello, When I receive a NDR I cannot open the original message in Outlook 2003. When I use Outlook Express I can open and view the original message. What do I have to do to see the original message in Outlook 2003? ...

Removing Space #2
Hello, I have a text string look like "xxx xxxx", 2 spaces between those x's. I would like to remove those spaces between the two strings. The left , right function cannot be used as i have different combination of word between the two words in the cell. Please advice. Thanks much. Hi Kaci, Try: '=============>> Public Sub Tester1() Dim sStr As String sStr = "abc xyz123" '<<==== CHANGE sStr = Replace(sStr, " ", "", 1) End Sub '<<============= Alternatively, if the strings are values held on...

OOO and NDR Security Risk Solutions
Hi, I'd like to enable NDRs and external OOO messages, which have been disabled by the previous IT Manager, but I am aware of the potential security risks. Can someone please recommend security tools which help prevent some of these risks? Thanks, Matt I know that guns kill people. Can someone recommend a gun that doesn't kill people as much? -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" <mlaufer@srg.com> wrote in message news:1160520993.355412.165180@b28g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > > I'd like to enable N...

Comparing fields from 2 similar tables + generating new table
Hi, I have imported 2 tables with similar structure, and want to generate a new table containing data from both tables, as well new fields that compare the data from the two tables. Eg. Table 1 = Users (Name, Surname, DOB) Table 2 = Persons(F_Name, S_Name, Birthday). I am trying to create Table 3 to have the fields in the following order: Table 3 = Compare(Users.Name, Persons.F_Name, Compare1, Users.Surname, Persons.S_Name, Compare2, Users.DOB, Persons.Birthday, Compare3) The fields compare1, compare2, and compare 3 need to return TRUE if the 2 fields before them contain identical ...

2 axis bar graph
I have a 2 data item column graph for 6 data points in time. One in %, one is a number. I want to use a 2 axis graph, but when I try and change the axis on one of the data items the graph switches to a stack bar graph with 2 axis. Any thoughts on how to keep it a double column graph with 2 axis? It does not really change to a stacked bar chart. To illustrate, once you have set your axis, right click on one of them, then click on format data series. Now click on options, and change the gap width to say 40. You will see that your percentages line up with the relevant axis, while the...

NDR's and Virus's
I recieved a e-mail from my T-1 provider stating "A host (my domain ip) within your IP block appears to be the source of an email containing the virus: Worm.Sober.U. The email address listed in the from field in messages sent by most viruses is generally spoofed. Please ensure that your mail server is not sending a virus notification or NDR (non delivery report) to this address as these methods can be used directly or indirectly to propagate email viruses." I have determined that it is indeed a NDR report being generated causing the issue. I also notice that when I do a ...

Age verification #2
Is there some add-on that would prompt the cashier for birth date when ringing a liquor item? Thanks, Sacha Sachafav, We have such a customization ready and in the field, if you are interested please drop me an email at rsakry@rite.us or give me a call at 1-888-267-RITE for more information. -- Thank you, Ryan Sakry Program Manager Retail Information Technology Enterprises (RITE) rsakry@rite.us http://www.rite.us 320-230-2282 ext. 4002 (Office) 320-230-1796 (Fax) "Sachafav" <Sachafav@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:27254CAE-DFD4-4C9E-A864-FAECA931C3DE@...

How can I flow a music score over 2 pages in Publisher?
Our church secretary needs to paste in music from another source over 2 pages in Publisher. It's no problem to flow text, but how do you flow graphics? You can't. You will have to split the graphic into pieces. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Barb Andersen" <Barb Andersen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:69B6964B-FDE3-409E-B8F8-3AB89DE4C52D@microsoft.com... > Our church secretary needs to paste in music from another source over 2 > pages > in Publisher. It's no problem to flow text, but how do you flow graphics? Barb...