No "Move Mailbox" cross site migration

Hi everybody:

We have a forest with subdomains, the main domain is AD 2000 and has 1
Cluster Exchange 2003 SP1, 1 Server Exchange 2003 SP1 with ADC SP1 and
SRS, and 3 Exchange 5.5 in the same Exchange 5.5 site. We have 8
subdomains in AD2000 with Exchange 5.5 SP4 server with hotfix applied
for cross-site in each subdomain, and they had an own site in Exchange
5.5.

We are trying to consolidate and move all mailbox and public folders to
the Exchange 2003 cluster, we did the domainprep in each subdomain and
create a RUS  in the Exchange 2003 cluster to each subdomain. When we
tried to move cross-sites mailboxes, no option of "Move Mailbox" appear
in Exchange 5.5 mailbox in the sites of the subdomains, in the Exchange
5.5 servers of the main domain this option appears, and I can move the
mailbox to the Exchange 2003 Cluster with no problem.

I followed the Exdeploy tools for consolidation across sites but I
can't continue because I can't move the mailboxes.

Can anyone help me or had an idea why is this problem related?

Thank you very much in advance.

Manolo

Move mailbox rights in Exchange 5.5 #2

move mailbox keeps repeating the move
I am attempting to move a mailbox from my microsoft exchange 5.5 server to my brand new microsoft exchange 2003 server. The move starts off nice enough but when it gets to about 30% it restarts the move over again. The mailbox is rather large (5.6 gigs total size). I am wondering if Exchange 2003 just can't handle this size or if there is something else wrong with the transfer. Does it actually fail or are you killing it? Errors in the Event Logs? On Sat, 14 Aug 2004 12:01:51 -0700, Jason Gallas <nospam@usenetserver.com> wrote: >I am attempting to move a mailbox from my mi...

move mailboxes #5
Hello. I have windows 2000 sp4 and exchange 2000 sp3 august hotfix rollup. i have seperate server dedicted for mailbox moves. That box has ESM 2000. i'd like to upgrade that box to ESM 2003 (apply sp's). Will i still be able to move mailboxes, although i have not run 2003 adprep? Thanks. -bkw Why aren't you using the move mailbox wizard via ADUC? Nue "bkw" <bkw@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D84CC2B8-8626-4473-B096-1D9757A0DB21@microsoft.com... > Hello. > I have windows 2000 sp4 and exchange 2000 sp3 august hotfix rollup. > i have se...

Move mailboxes #7
Hi all, Can anyone give some advice on moving mailboxes from exchange 2000 to exchange 2003 server without any disruption if I schedule to do a move at night time? How do we prevent users not to access their mailboxes? thanks. Logons should be automatically disconnected and logons limited during a mailbox move. Nue "Jane" <Jane@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9143CE80-3EAB-4FA7-80B9-DEB35BFCDDE0@microsoft.com... > Hi all, > > Can anyone give some advice on moving mailboxes from exchange 2000 to > exchange 2003 server without any disruption ...

cannot reconnect after move mailboxes between 2003 servers
Hy all, In the end of our 5.5 Migration we want to move the mailboxes from our Temporaly Exchange 2003 Server to our Exchange 2003 Cluster. We have more domains and WAN-Connections. The mailbox-moving from users from our domain working fine. But we have Users from other domains with their mailboxes stored on our temp Exch2003 Server. Last Night I moved 15 Mailboxes from this users from another domain, an now the user cannot connect with their mailbox. In the Exchange System Manager on the new Server I can see the mailboxes with red symbol, it looks like a deleted mailbox. In the prope...

MOVE MAILBOX ADVICE PLEASE: Problem occurs when moving mailbox from Exchange 5.5 Server to another Exchange 5.5 Server
I would be very grateful if someone could assist in the following problem: We recently bought a new server to update our existing Exchange 5.5 server setup. The old server has been running for a while now, the new server is now also an Exchange 5.5 server. We are able to use "Move Mailbox" on the old server to move an account to the new server. From the moved mailbox, we are able to check the email, send email out to everyone on this server, the internet, and the old server. The problem we are having only appears when the newly moved mailbox is expecting an email. For example, if an...

Move Mailbox Fails
Please help, my brain hurts reading the million of MS articles that do not apply to my issue. What i have: (1) Exchange 5.5 Server (1) Exchange 2003SP2 server (Mixed Mode) - Obviously migrating all mailboxes from 5.5 to 2003... The correct version of ADC is all set up and working fine, so i believe... Problem: Cannot move mailboxes from 5.5 to 2003 server, i can however move a mailbox from 2003 to 5.5. Event ID as follows: ...................................................... Event Type: Error Event Source: MSExchangeAdmin Event Category: Move Mailbox Event ID: 1008 Date: 7/6/2006...

move Mailbox #7
Move Mail Box fails becasue of having lot of courrtion in mailbox. but mailbox opens sucessfully in outlook and i can read all the emails from outlook. Hi, The mailbox move manager will give you a report (you have to check this before you hit 'finish'). It will show tell you the corrupt items in the mailbox - their subject and location. You can then get the user to delete them, before re-running the move. Alternatively you can just set your corrupt item count to be the 'same +1' as the total number of corrupt messages in the mailbox. If the user can open and read...

Move mailbox option not available
after an in place upgrade from NT4 to W2k3 and after a connection agreements and after exchange 2003 instal I am having problems moving mailboxes. I cannot get the context sensitive properties to render on a mailbox to select a move inside of the system manager. The only mailbox that will render the Exchange task context sensitive menu for the move mail box option is the acount I used to setup the connection agreements and to install Exh2k3. This account has all the pre-requisited permissions to do anything in the domain. I can move this users mailbox back and forth from exch 5.5 to exh...

Move Mailboxes: 5.5 Spanish to 5.5 English
Good morning everyone, I have a tricky maneuver to perform next month and I am trying to get all of my ducks in a row. Hope you guys (and gals) can help. The Story: I have two Exchange 5.5 SP4 mail servers running on Win2K in Mexico. Win 2K server and Exchange 5.5 have been installed in Spanish. The mail servers are not part of my domestic exchange Org, and they are in a different NT 4.0 domain. I need to bring all of these mailboxes into my domestic Exchange 5.5 Org. I plan on migrating the NT 4.0 domain user accounts to my Active Directory 2003, and then export the mailboxe...

Move mailbox to another site
Hi, We have an Exchange 5.5 with SP4 in 4 sites. There is directory replication between the sites which is done by Internet Mail Service. What is the best way to move a mailbox from one site to another? Thanks in advance, Haim There is only one way - by means of .pst file. Haim Beyhan wrote: > Hi, > > We have an Exchange 5.5 with SP4 in 4 sites. There is directory replication > between the sites which is done by Internet Mail Service. > What is the best way to move a mailbox from one site to another? > > Thanks in advance, > > Haim All the users have offli...

Move mailbox site to site
Are there any programs/utilities to assist in moving a mailbox from one exchange 5.5 site to another. I tried using Exchange 2003 mailbox move wizard, but couldn't get it to see exchange 5.5 sites (only have a single 2003 test server setup - exchange admin tools installed on XP pro). Thanks in advance for any help. exmerge.exe is what you want to use...it will make a copy of the mailbox to a pst file which you can then import into the new mailbox on the server in the other site... "djjk" <someone@msdn.com> wrote in message news:OpEEaBZpEHA.2104@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl......

Move mailbox loses forwarding address
Hi there, hope you can help. We are moving our users from Exchange 2000 to a 2003 exchange server (with 03 DC's). I am using the move mailbox tool in ESM on 2003. I move a maibox over that has a forwarding address set on it. After I move it on the new server the forwarding address is gone. The address is an external address. Is this a known issue? Has someone ran into this before? thanks for any help or pointers rr On 11 Apr 2006 12:23:21 -0700, rrosa3@gmail.com wrote: >Hi there, hope you can help. We are moving our users from Exchange >2000 to a 2003 exchange server (with 03 ...

Move mailbox is not an available task
I ran the movesvr utility to consolidate 2 sites of which the second site has an Exchange 2003 server in it. The servers are located over a hi-speed WAN. Now that both servers are in the same site using the ESM, Exchange Tasks, the move mailbox option does not show up. Has anyone else seen this problem or know how to fix it? Well, if Move Mailbox is not an option, what is, Create Mailbox? If that is the case, then the Active Directory accounts have no links to mailboxes and so they aren't seen as being mailbox-enabled. If they aren't seen as mailbox-enabled, you can't use Mo...

Move mailbox from one user account to another
Is it possible to move a mailbox from one user to another? I have 2 domains with an account called 1234 in both. The account in one domain has a mailbox and I would like to move it to the account in the other domain. One way is to orphan the mailbox by deleting the account in domain 1 and then reconnect the mailbox to the account in domain 2. However I don't want to delete the account in domain 1. If I use ADMT to migrate the account from domain 1 to domain 2 could I then use ADClean to merge the accounts? This would be a workaround because I would be left without an account in d...

Move mailbox from Exchange 2000 Stnd to Exchange 2003 Enterprise
Can mailboxes/public folders be moved from Exchange 2000 Standard to Exchange 2003 Enterprise? Yes. If your current hardware can accommodate Exchange 2003, then a simple upgrade will do the trick. Otherwise if you are using new hardware then you will have to do some migration, but the bottomline is that it can be done without much fuss. HTH Kaz Chambers wrote: > Can mailboxes/public folders be moved from Exchange 2000 Standard to > Exchange 2003 Enterprise? Might want to look at this article as well http://www.msexchange.org/pages/article_p.asp?id=708 Kaz Chambers wrote: > Ca...

Move Mailbox failure results in maildata on source and target servers (Exchange 5.5)
Hi all, I have two Exchange 5.5 SP4 servers running in the same site. Due to priv.edb corruption on one of the servers, I started moving mailboxes to the second server. A few of the moves failed without explanation. The only potentially related even was something about rules synchronization, but Google and MS KB searches yielded nothing. Here's the problem: - Moved USER mailbox from SERVER_X to SERVER_Y - Move failed at some point - "Mailbox resources" on SERVER_Y shows that USER has approx. 1.4GB on SERVER_Y, but USER doesn't show up in "Server Recipients" - ...

Move mailbox store location
I've set up a test MS Exchange 2003 system on 2003 server. When I installed Exchange, I installed it to C:\Program Files\Exchsrvr\ Can I change that to a different drive now once its been installed? I want to move the mailboxes to the RAID array on the system Hi Steve, This Knowledge Base article should help you out. 821915 How to Move Exchange Databases and Logs in Exchange Server 2003 http://support.microsoft.com/?id=821915 -- Thanks, James Burrage This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please do not send email to this address, po...

Move mailbox error
Hi I am trying to move mailboxes from an Exchange 5.5 cluster (NT domain) to a Exchange 2003 cluster (W2k3 domain) all in the same site. There is a ADC in place. When trying to move a mailbox I get the following error in the resulting xml file in the source server section errorCode 0xc1010a91 and the move fails. Does anyone have any ideas where i can start troubleshooting this. Thanks Crispy ...

No "Move Mailbox" cross site migration
Hi everybody: We have a forest with subdomains, the main domain is AD 2000 and has 1 Cluster Exchange 2003 SP1, 1 Server Exchange 2003 SP1 with ADC SP1 and SRS, and 3 Exchange 5.5 in the same Exchange 5.5 site. We have 8 subdomains in AD2000 with Exchange 5.5 SP4 server with hotfix applied for cross-site in each subdomain, and they had an own site in Exchange 5.5. We are trying to consolidate and move all mailbox and public folders to the Exchange 2003 cluster, we did the domainprep in each subdomain and create a RUS in the Exchange 2003 cluster to each subdomain. When we tried to move cros...

Move Mailbox Recomendations
We are currently in a mixed mode Exchange 5.5 and Exchange 2003 environment. We are planning to do a mass mailbox migration this weekend and I was wondering what the recommendation is on how many users to select at one time using the Move Mailbox tool? Can I move a couple of hundred mailboxes at one time or should I just keep it to say 10 mailboxes at a time? Thanks, Fred it depends...how robust is the server? and make certain you have lots of room for transaction logs on the target server...I have come close to running out of diskspace on the drive where the log files are...how many ...

Move Mailbox option is 'greyed out'
We recently did an upgrade from Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2000 and running on Windows 2000 Server. There are two servers running Exchange and they both were successfully upgraded. Propblem: After the upgrade, one of the 'contact' sheets for a particular user was inadvertantly deleted. Now, when we want to move the mailbox to the other Exchange server, the option to move it, is 'greyed out', not available. What can be done with this? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. Michael R. "Michael R." <emmertmr@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:<ulz3JYKXEHA...

Move Mailboxes to New Store
I seem to have a corrupt mailbox Store as I cannot run an offline defrag. It seems my best option is to create a new Mail Store move my Mailboxes and the remove the corrupt store. I started the process, created the store and moved three mailboxes, no errors. All my clients run in cache mode as my Exchange server is off site. The three mailboxes end up with all their new mail in the Synch Issues/Server Failures folder. I also cannot open the mail in that folder. I have sinced moved them back. The mail is still in that folder but now I can open the mail as well as manually move them to th...

Move Mailbox question
Hey everyone, I am running one Exch. 5.5 server on Windows NT 4.0. I just added a new Windows 2003 Server running Exch. 2003 to the 5.5 site. I moved all of my mialboxes to the new server and all went well. Anyone know how I move Distribution List and Custom Recipients? Thanks for any help. Lamar Just for info., I did install and run "Active Directory Connector" when I installed the new Exch. 2003 server. Is that all I need to do? Are Distribution List and Custom Recipients a part of the Active Directory Connector synchronization? Lamar "Lamar Thomas" <n...

Move mailbox provides server Netbios name instead of FQDN to Outlook
Our Exchange 2003 servers support a large population of remote and roving users who are not connected to the corporate LAN/WAN and do not login to the corporate domain. Our users use a wide variety of computers that are not under corporate control (home-based and traveling users with personal laptops, etc). All run Outlook 2003. Some run RPC over HTTP and do not experience the problem described here. Straight MAPI clients experience the problem. The problem is that in this situation, when a mailbox is moved from one Exchange 2003 server to the other, the Outlook 2003 profiles are not auto...