No longer able to specify a Group to "send on behalf of" a user?

With Exchange 2k, I was able to allow a global security
group send on behalf of an individual.

Now with Exchange 2k3, I am only able to add a specific
user or "Other Objects" to the "Send on Behalf of"
property of a users exchange settings.

anyone have any ideas?

0
wattsee (1)

send on behalf of #2
When our user's are granted "Send on behalf of" messages, suddenly the attachment which show "sent on behalf of" no longer appears. We are running Exchange 2000 SP3 and the clients are running Outlook 2000 SP3. It was working fine and disappeared. When the users attempt to send a message on behalf of, they put the user's name in the from field (ie Joe Blow). When the message is received on the other end it show it directly coming (ie Paul Blow) and not sent on behalf of Paul Blow by Joe Blow. Anybody have any ideas about how to restore it? ...

No longer able to specify a Group to "send on behalf of" a user?
With Exchange 2k, I was able to allow a global security group send on behalf of an individual. Now with Exchange 2k3, I am only able to add a specific user or "Other Objects" to the "Send on Behalf of" property of a users exchange settings. anyone have any ideas? ...

send as, vs send on behalf of
Hi IT family, We have an Exchange 2003 server public folder and we were using the send as feature, but when someone deleted the public folder, we now have send on behalf of rights. This is a problem, because the name of the account appears in the From column. What do we have to do to send mail from a public folder, without the receiver observing the individual's account that sent the message? I put the public folder in the from section, and I am able to sent, but the receiver viewes the mail as "on behalf of". Thanks! -- MCSE: Security, CCNA, A+, Network +, Security+ ...

Send on Behalf of..
Hello, My HR Director wants to be able to send email as HR@mydomain.com vs. hername@mydomain.com, I can do it for some reason, but I gave her send on behalf permisions ( same as mine) but when she sends emails it says "sent on Behalf of" and has all her information. how can I prevent this. Goto active directory users and computers and select advanced view Then find the account you granted send on behalf of and remove that permission. Then on the security tab grant your boss "Send As permissions" on the above account. That will remove on behalf of from the mail messag...

Send on behalf of a Security group?/
Hi all, I am trying to let a user to send on behalf of a security group. I gave the user send as, and read, write permission on the group, what esle do i have to do in order to grant the user to right to send on behalf of this group. This group is not tied to any public folder or things like that. Cheers Hi all, I am running Exchange 2000 SP3 on windows 2000 server SP4, client are running Outlook 2003. The security group is setup with an email address. I have setup the group security setting acrossing to microsoft KB 327000 and KB 281208. However, it doesn't help. Is th...

Send on behalf of distribution list
How do you setup a user in Exchange 2003 to be able to send on behalf of a distribution list. I can't find this, I used ot know in 5.5, but I'm obviouslt getting old.. Any help is appreciated. ...

Send On Behalf Of #5
I have added another mailbox to my folder list and I am able to send messages from that mailbox withough it being flagged as "Sent On Behalf Of". Another user wants to do the same with another mailbox and we can't get it set up the same way. Whenever she sends an email it always shows up as "sent on behalf of" but we don't want it to do that just like my secondary mailbox. How can we accomplish this? Jack You can't control this from within Outlook. It is being controlled on the user object from within Active Directory Users & Computers -- Roady [...

removing "send on behalf of" from a mail in exchange 2003
h Does anyone know how to remove the "send on behalf of" statement from a mail in exchange 2003. This masseage statement appiers in the messages Fom: field thanks "alex" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >hi > >Does anyone know how to remove the "send on behalf of" statement from a mail in exchange 2003. This masseage statement appiers in the messages Fom: field. > >thanks Grant that person "Send As" rights. Mark Arnold MCSA MCSE+M MVP, FAQ: http://www.swinc.com/resource/exchange.htm Blog: http://www.msexchange.me.u...

Send on behalf of message
Hi, In my organisation we are running Windows 2000 PCs with Office 2000. Our mail server is Exchange 5.5. Many of our users use the Send On Behalf of permission which works fine. However, with some of our users in the FROM field of the emails they send on behalf of someone it does actually give a message stating this. For example: "From: Curtis Fray on behalf of Jimmy White". What I can't figure out is how to force the From field to always display like this. There are some users who when they send a message on behalf of some one, the From field simply shows the name of the user...

send on behalf of but reply do different address?
Hi a colleague wants to send out an email-shot on behalf of her Manager but get the replies back to her own address, we are using Exchange 2003 and Outlook 2003. Does anyone know if this is possible please? Thanks Yes. Look on the Options dialog when composing a new message - use the send replies to field. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net Out...

Problem with "Send as", when using "send on behalf of" in Exchange 2000.
I'm not able to set the "Send as" permission on a mailbox. The problem is that the access right is not present in "Mailbox Rights" ?. I have 2 users, A and B. All mail to B is forwarded to A, and B has added A to "Send on behalf of" in Active directory users and computers / Exchange general / Delivery options. When not being able to set the "Send as" creates the following problem: If A reply to a mail originally send to B (which is automaticaly forwarded to A) , the receiver sees A as the sender. Any idears. Thanks in advance Bo Jacob...

Send on behalf of
Hi all I have an Exchange 5.5 server running on NT 4.0, on which I have one user (UserA) who has 'send on behalf of' permission for another user (UserB). When UserA sends a message on behalf of UserB, they do not receive a copy of the response to that mail as it goes straight to UserB. Does anyone know if there is anyway of forcing the response to go to UserA as well as UserB ? Many Thanks. Terry. In the Delivery Options page where you gave the Send on Behalf of permissions, you need to select the alternate recipient as well and select to send to both recipients. This unfortunately m...

'Send on behalf of' permission
Hi, We have a public folder and we have given a user (Alan) the 'send on behalf of' permission, how can we ensure the user (at outlook) choose the correct email address to send from. for example, the public folder is called Sales.co.uk and the user assigned the 'send on behalf of' permission is Alan. how can i at Alan's outlook, ensure the emails i send out will show the following From Email address: alan on behalf of Sales.co.uk many thanks Alan In news:Ob3QkM%23RGHA.4960@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl, Alan <alanlwk@hotmail.com> typed: > Hi, > > We hav...

Send on Behalf of Distribution List #2
We are currently using Exchange 2003 in a W2k3 Active Directory environment. I would like to be able to allow a person to send an e-mail on behalf of a Distribution List. How do I do that? I do not see a Send On Behalf of property in the DL. The closest thing I've found is the Send As property in the Security tab, but that doesn't seem to work. Any ideas? As far as I know, this is not possible. You can only do a send on behalf of another Mailbox. If you have Send As rights you can put the DL in the From box, but it will not display the "on behalf of". "MMC [MCP]...

How can I let a user send on behalf of a distribution list/group?
We use exchange 2003 server. only domain admin can send on behalf DL, when a DL member try to send a message on behalf DL (put the DL email address is the "From:" field, in ms outlook), he gets permissions error(and the email won't get sended). How/where can we give the DL members permissions to send on behalf DL? This is a wild guess on my part, but I'm thinking you would do this via the security tab on the object in ADUC. (Start ADUC and select View | Advanced features. Go to DL in question and bring up its properties. Go to the security tab and assign the Send As righ...

"Send on Behalf of/Send as" Woe's
Hi Guys, I have a really weird problem going on with Send as permissions. A while ago I set up some users and allowed them to send on Behalf of an email address assigned to a public folder. (Went to the folder properties in system manager and added the to the delivery options pane, and also added the in the directory rights pane and the administration rights pane, on the permissions tab within folder properties) The Send as works fine for these users, they can use the "From:" button in outlook and send as if the mail is coming from the email address assigned to the Public fol...

Send on Behalf of in a Public Folder
I created a public folder, mail enbled it and then set client permissions so that emails can arrive to it from outside our enterprise. I gave several folks here the right to read and set the send on behalf as well. However, when the folks here respond to an email it arrives as coming from their email and not on behalf of. Is this normal. I was under the impression that it should say from XXXX on behalf of VVVVVV. I believe that they'll have to manually specify the folder in the From field. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!"...

Send on Behalf of.
Recently I installed Office 2000 SP3 on my workstation to fix an issue. After installing it, I keep getting the message "A program is trying to send email on your behalf" as I have some applications that do send mail on my behalf. Is there any way to turn this message off. Cheers Usually this is because of the security settings in Outlook. You can lower the level of security to allow it, but bear in mind that if you do, malicious code can also do it... >-----Original Message----- >Recently I installed Office 2000 SP3 on my workstation to >fix an issue. After in...

send on behalf of
When our user's are granted "Send on behalf of" messages, suddenly the attachment which show "sent on behalf of" no longer appears. We are running Exchange 2000 SP3 and the clients are running Outlook 2000 SP3. It was working fine and disappeared. When the users attempt to send a message on behalf of, they put the user's name in the from field (ie Joe Blow). When the message is received on the other end it show it directly coming (ie Paul Blow) and not sent on behalf of Paul Blow by Joe Blow. Anybody have any ideas about how to restore it? ...

Send on Behalf of and More
Hi, I have a member of staff who has requested the following. Staff member A needs to send emails on behalf of B but B would like to moderate any emails A sends on behalf of B before they are sent. Can this be done? Cheers, Joe Not automatically but what Sender A can do is submit the body of the = message to Sender B for approval and once approved, send out a new mail = on behalf of Sender B with the approved text. --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without r...

2003 Send on behalf of
How do you set up permissions to send on behalf of a distribution list? I see where you can set this up for an individual mailbox, but not a distribution list. This is on Exchange 2003. I did do this in Exchange 5.5 by giving the distribution list "Send As" authority, but I do not see anything like this in Exchange 2003. I can not find anything on this except incorrect information. Thanks Matt You can only grant the "Send As" permission for Distribution Groups. To do this go to the Security tab of the DG. "Matt1999" <xxscoffxx@aol.com> wrote in...

Send on behalf of ?
Hi Isn't it possible to send a quick campagin on behalf of another person in CRM 4.0 ?? We tried giving the rights send on behalf of in CRM and we assigned the campaign to another user. It seemed ok, there stood the other persons name in "from" but the users use Outlook to send mail and the recieved mail was from the user creating the campaign and not the one it should be ?? /Jack ...

Send on behalf of problem
I have a strange problem where: User A sends a meeting invite to User B. User B has a secretary (User C) who has permissions to send on behalf of User B When User B's secretary accepts User A's meeting invite, another user (User D) gets User B's response to the meeting invite, and the email says "On behalf of User C". Any ideas? "On behalf of User C" sounds normal and expected, given that C is a = delegate for B.=20 It also sounds like D is A's delegate and getting A's meeting responses. = --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring M...

send on behalf of #6
I recently upgraded all of my client's in the office to Office 2003 from Office 2000. Now, when a user that has access to a Support mailbox sends an email from the Support mailbox, it sends it saying something like this: From: Support (on behalf of Andre...) That never happened in Office 2000. It just used to say: From: Support So far, I've been unable to find a fix for this, including in the KB. I'm sure this has to be a setting somewhere - does anyone know where? My Exchange Server is 2000. Thanks, Andre Send As permissions can only be set in Active Directory Users an...

Send on behalf of #4
How do I make it look like a send on behalf message look like it really came from the person that it is being sent on behalf of Unfortunately it is not possible to make the "Send on behalf of" look like it came directly from that person. This is by design because it keeps people from sending e-mail from another persons account without the receipient know who actually sent the mail. I hope this information is helpful. Robert Findlay Partner Technical Lead -- Outlook/Office Setup Microsoft Technical Support for Platforms and Business Applications -------------------- >C...