No free/busy information could be retrieved

Recently migrated from 5.5 to exch2003, once the 5.5 machine was turned off,
users free/busy information is not available, if the 5.5 machine is turned on
it is available, does anyone know what I need to so that the information is
available after 5.5 is turned off?
--
Thanks
0

Sounds like you forgot to re-home the System Public Folders (specifically
the Free/Busy Public Folder) before turning the old server off.  Follow the
details in this article for a list of things you should do in order to
retire the 5.5 server.
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;307917 - reference
the additional links on the bottom as well.

--
Ben Winzenz
Exchange MVP

"Fox" <Fox@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Recently migrated from 5.5 to exch2003, once the 5.5 machine was turned
> off,
> users free/busy information is not available, if the 5.5 machine is turned
> on
> it is available, does anyone know what I need to so that the information
> is
> available after 5.5 is turned off?
> --
> Thanks

0
Ben
11/1/2004 6:47:46 PM
I has this problem with a select group of users. The problem users were
on a secondary exchange server and could not see the free busy data.
This was caused because the Schedule+Free/Busy-Data Public Folder was
not being replicated to the secondary Exchange server. Once I
replicated the Scedule+free/busydata folder to the primary server, the
other users were able to see the data. It took about 15 minutes to
replicate.
Your issue points to the schedule+data being left on the old 5.5
server.
Try replicating them to your new server.

0
mathewsj (2)

Retrieve POP3 from Exchange 2003?
I have exchange 2003 standard. Currently have the individual Outlook clients retrieving their own POP3 mail from our ISP. Is there a way to have the Exchange server do this for them? I'm asking because the Outlook client has to be active in order to check the mail, but I have a few people who go out in the field and don't turn on their computers in the office... so they can check mail via the Outlook web access, but it will only show them the internally sent mails.. not any that are on their ISP account. Any ideas? I am planning on bringing all our e-mail in house, but haven't fi...

How can I export emails and retain the date received information
I've purchased a new computer and I a am going to export all of emails to a file for importing to outlook on my new computer. This is a snap except that I loosed the date received information. How can I retain the date received for sorting emails? You can't. That's one of many reasons why no one would use export for this. Just open your Outlook data file in the new installation and copy what you want from it. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Johnny Ringo" <Johnny Ringo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BA7A3635-EFA6-4E0B-A80E-B83F8E519EDD@mi...

You a 7-Day FREE Trial
We Are Offering You a 7-Day FREE Trial to the internet's Hottest New Business Opportunity! If you missed out on the DOT COM boom, now is your chance to cash in on the massive and growing global demand in our $20 BILLION PER YEAR market. We'll show you how to create an income that will come to you for years and grow with each passing month. A SIMPLE, Fully-Automated, REJECTION-FREE Internet Marketing System! Finally, an EASY, proven, FREE system that will truly help anyone willing to follow our guidance succeed! Average People Are Making Money! Average people are putting their home...

Finding Table and Field Information in Microsoft Dynamics GP
Finding Table and Field Information in Microsoft Dynamics GP By David Musgrave To get information about tables and fields in Microsoft Dynamics GP, you can use any of the following 10 methods: 1. Open the Microsoft Dynamics GP window that contains the data you are interested in, and then select Tools -> Integrate -> Table Import to see the tables associated with the Dexterity Form. 2. Open the Microsoft Dynamics GP window that contains the data you are interested in, and then select Tools -> Customise -> Customise Current Window. Once you’re in Modifier Layout mode, look...

free dot interview questions information
..NET database dev questions http://freedownloadablebooks.blogspot.com/2008/03/net-database-dev-questions.html Some general quickies http://freedownloadablebooks.blogspot.com/2008/03/some-general-quickies.html ..NET WebDev interview questions - Part 1 http://freedownloadablebooks.blogspot.com/2008/03/net-webdev-interview-questions-part-1.html ..NET WebDev interview questions - Part 3 http://freedownloadablebooks.blogspot.com/2008/03/net-webdev-interview-questions-part-3.html Electronic engineer interview questions http://freedownloadablebooks.blogspot.com/2008/03/electronic-engineer-interview-...

Running Hosting Business & Automatic Invoices
Hello, I'm running webhosting business, can I use Money for accounting & generating invoices automatically ?? Thank you ! ...

freeing up space
If you delete an attachment or an image from a message, then save the changes, does that free up space in the store? On Wed, 22 Dec 2004 13:27:04 -0800, dlv <dlv@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >If you delete an attachment or an image from a message, then save the >changes, does that free up space in the store? Not enough to care about I would think. Unless you have a 10 GB attachment. ...

how to retrieve the kit members of a Kit product ?
Hi folks, Can somebody help me with this ? Its realy unbelievable how poor the documentation is about CRM. I like to have all associated products that has been associated with a kit-product. There is a table "productacssociation", but that is'nt an entity in CRM so its not possible to retrieve these records. I have tried it with an Sqlconnection but these are not trusted on the crm-sql? Ive tried a lot of querys but no success. Does somebody has an hint or maybe a solution for me, i realy would appriciate. Thanks in advance, Ruud van Duyn I could be wrong, but I don't ...

Free books on Excel; Free Add-In
You may download the free books and software from http://www.vgupta.com (offer good till Dec 31 2003) Excel For Beginners Charting in Excel Excel- Beyond the Basics Managing & Tabulating Data in Excel Financial Analysis Using Excel Statistics Using Excel Software: "Excel Usability Enhancer" VJ VJ wrote: > You may download the free books and software from > http://www.vgupta.com (offer good till Dec 31 2003) > Software: "Excel Usability Enhancer" I note that the only significant installation instructions were:- "Double click to launch the add-in &q...

Missing Free/Busy Folder #2
I have read the other postings regarding the fix to the missing Free/Busy. When you follow the recommendations from the following KB articles: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;284200 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;275171 There is only one Administrative Group folder. Also the client has several folders created under the public folder. Will I need to reset their published folders under public? Also will there be any other information that I will need to rest after coping the new GUID ? Hi Michael, When we put in a new GUID we will dest...

Site missing in System Folder
Hi, I have 7 sites in my Exchange 2000 organization. 4 of them was migrated from Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2000, the other 3 are new. In system folders - schedule+ free busy of the 3 new sites I can only see the local site. On the other 4 sites I see only them selfs and none of the new sites. I think this is related to the problem that I have that people can't see each other's calendar when they make an appointment. Can someone help me solve this problem? Best reagards, S�nia Carvalho ...

Any Links to Free Manuals for Word 2007?
Does anyone seem to know links to Free Good Quality manuals fro Office Word 2007? I did downlaod one from http://www.mousetraining.co.uk/ms-office-training-manuals.html but it doesn't include all the topics that I want to learn! Any help will be much appreciated! Amit http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/help/FX100485361033.aspx?pid=CL100605171033 Daddy "Rajeev Rawat" <rajeev.rawat1@googlemail.com> wrote in message news:b49a7fb1-2599-4529-8583-b03284aac736@y17g2000yqd.googlegroups.com... > Does anyone seem to know links to Free Good Quality manuals fro...

Extend Published free/busy time, consequences.
Hello there. I am thinking of extending the published Free/Busy time in Outlook to a year or two into the future. But how about the consequences in doing so, as seen from the Exchange perspective. Before Exch 2007 this information was stored in a public folder, now in Exch 2007 the check is made directly in the calendar using OWA, so I guess that there should be no problem in doing so? Anyone got any info or best practice I can lean up against. Best regards Jesper. Free-busy data is pretty small so I doubt think you'll have any trouble. But, seriously, who...

Free e-books!
Hello all, I have update my e-books.. Please take a look: http://freebooks2007.blogspot.com ...

Default Free/Busy Calendar time
I put a GPO in a few months ago to change the default free/busy time in outlook so that some of the Administrative Assistants could schedule things on their boss's calendars up to 4 months in advance. Since the time change/DST this gpo has stopped working. Has anyone seen this? The users haven't moved OU's, they haven't been upgraded, the GPO hasn't changed. If I'm posting this in the wrong group can someone point me the right way? ...

Business Portal
When entering a Requistion, it would be nice to be able to see the GL Acct description when viewing the req., so we know the creator choose the correct acct. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroup...

Outlook is not retrieving my mail from Comcast
I am trying to set up my comcast email account in outlook. I am using mail.comcast.net (incoming) and smtp.comcast.net (outgoing). I did the "Test Account Settings" and it says complete, but none of mail is showing up in my inbox. The test email shows up when I check it on comcast.net but not in Outlook. I have even tried mailing myself from AOL to Comcast to see if I get it in Outlook, but nope. I set up my AOL (IMAP) and it works just fine. Any help would be appreciated! Siobhan <Siobhan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am trying to set up my comcast ema...

Free Manual
Oh By the way I downloaded the free Excel VBA manual from http://www.mousetraining.co.uk/training-manuals/Excel2003VBA.pdf but it doens't seem to provide me any answer for my specific query cheers Download Excel VBA Language Reference from Microsoft http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=2204a62e-4877-4563-8e83-4848dda796e4&displaylang=en -- Jacob "rraw75" wrote: > Oh By the way I downloaded the free Excel VBA manual from http://www.mousetraining.co.uk/training-manuals/Excel2003VBA.pdf but it doens't seem to provide me any answer for ...

The Microsoft Exchange Information Store service terminated with service-specific error 4294966781.
The Microsoft Exchange Information Store service terminated with service-specific error 429496678 Event ID 702 Exchange server 5. No Application log has been generated Yesterday I had a crash of Information store and I was advised to delete the edb.chk file and restart. It worked. Right now I have disable Norton Antivirus server. I am still unable to start the services. Kindly help it is very urgent. Thanks in advance. Describe what has happened and what happens when you attempt to start InfoStore. Dev wrote: > Yesterday I had a crash of Information store and I was advised to d...

Offline defrag with Eseutil.exe - Yes or No
I have an exchange 2003 server with 10% (6gb of 56) disk space left. This place has no quotas for mailboxes but I will put them in place. So far I have cleaned out an additional 6 gb of space. The exchange database files don't shrink I understand unless you offline defrag them but I don't think this is recommended unless absolutely needed. I see how the available space is reported in the event log which verifies the space I have cleaned out. I'm leaning on not doing an offline defrag as there is no other app running on this server. Do you think its safe to let this server ha...

Business Portal Query Problems
I installed Business Portal for a client some time last fall. Since that time, the site has not been used, but I know when I installed it, it worked fine. As of today, I can't seem to get anything to load correctly. For example, I go to the vendor list, and it says "Query found no results." I know that there are vendors. We have the Human Resources Self Service Suite installed, and I can see the employees, but when I click to see pay informaiton, I receive the message "Query found no results." Can you give me an idea of where to start to troubleshoot this is...

Free\Busy Time Setting
Hi I have set up a number of Rooms as Resources. When we Schedule a meeting, although the Resource is set up to Auto-Reply, the Meeting is booked in the Resource Diary, but does not Show up in a subsequent Meeting Schedule, as busy, for 15 minutes. I have set up the Resources to update every minute, but this does not seem to help. How do I change the Refresh on the Exchange Server. If I book another Meeting with the Resource, it adds the last meeting into the View Group Schedule list, but of course the Meeting I have just created waits another 15 minutes. Thanks Allan ...

Adding Batch Information to the Detailed Trial Balance
We are looking to add the Originating Batch ID to the GL Detailed Trial Balance report. We would like to be able to identify Inventory transactions with their corresponding batch information. What tables would need to be added in order to have this information incorported onto the report? ...

Small Business -- Archive Email
I am looking for suggestions for archiving email. I work for an office with 7 uesrs. They are currently using hosted email, connecting through IMAP, which they access through Outlook. They want to be able to archive their old emails. What would be some suggestions for archiving the emails form the IMAP email server. I would like to hear suggestions for archiving where the user can readily have it available from a local server somehow and also permanent archive (I.E. burning PST's to a CD). Let me know if you would like some more information. Thanks. --Chris You could set auto-archiving ...

Insert for free your website
Insert for free your website in the new search engine Free Pass http://www.free-pass.org ...