No Exchange objects in AD users and computers

Hi,

Running ES2003 SP2 on a Win2k3 SP1 server works beautifully.  When I look at
AD users and computers, I have no container (object) related to Exchange as
I know I should have one.

I have ran /forestprep and /domainprep with no luck.  DCdiag and NetDiag
report no error at all.

Any idea ?

Thanks

0
easternguy (22)

Gilles, are you opening ADUC on the exchange server?  Have you set the
ADUC to view Advanced Features (access from the view menu)

If you access a user's properties, do you see the Exchange related tabs
(Exchange general and Exchange Advanced)?

If yes, what specifically are you missing?

I activated the "advanced features" in the view menu and voil� :)

Thanks

"PJH" <Paula.Hollenbeck@gmail.com> a �crit dans le message de news:
1154533194.809737.261870@m79g2000cwm.googlegroups.com...
> Gilles, are you opening ADUC on the exchange server?  Have you set the
> ADUC to view Advanced Features (access from the view menu)
>
> If you access a user's properties, do you see the Exchange related tabs
> (Exchange general and Exchange Advanced)?
>
> If yes, what specifically are you missing?

0
easternguy (22)
8/2/2006 5:42:56 PM
"Gillies" <easternguy@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Running ES2003 SP2 on a Win2k3 SP1 server works beautifully.  When I look at
>AD users and computers, I have no container (object) related to Exchange as
>I know I should have one.
>
>I have ran /forestprep and /domainprep with no luck.  DCdiag and NetDiag
>report no error at all.
>
>Any idea ?

Sure -- the information about Exchange is found in the Configuration
naming context of the AD, not the Domain naming context.

Use AD Sites and Services, or LDP.exe, or ADSIEDIT instead of ADUC.

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP
"PJH" <Paula.Hollenbeck@gmail.com> wrote:

>Gilles, are you opening ADUC on the exchange server?  Have you set the
>ADUC to view Advanced Features (access from the view menu)

That'll just show him the Microsoft Exchange System Objects container.

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP
"Gillies" <easternguy@hotmail.com> wrote:

>I activated the "advanced features" in the view menu and voil� :)

And what did you voi, l�? Not much, I'd wager. :-)

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

Exchange in Child Domain
Hi I hope someone can provide me with some clarity on the following: I have installed a second Exchange server in a child domain of our parent (forest root) domain on a remote site, connected by a WAN/LAN link. Currently all servers are in the same routing group in the same organisation, and everything appears fine. The servers are all present and manageable in the Exchange System Manager and users on one mailbox server can email users on the other mailbox server no problem. (We are also going to install a Front-End for OWA access). We could configure a routing group between the sites...

Looking for a Visio shape similar to a wall object
Greetings, I have Visio 2007 Profession SP2 installed. I am trying to draw up some construction plans for putting together some wooden structures. Currently the only object that lets me set with width and length (and automatically adjusts the size of the object) to resemble a piece of lumber seems to be the "wall" object in the floor plan template. However when I try put two of the objects together to touch sides (to show two pieces of wood screwed together) it merges them and changes the size of the object which is not what I want. Additionally it seems that the orientation...

Mover Exchange 2003 Server
Hi; Is there any way we can move Exchange 2003 server in native mode between administrative groups? Any hope with Exchange SP1 or SP2. Thanx On Wed, 5 Oct 2005 22:34:01 -0700, "Rajeh" <Rajeh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi; >Is there any way we can move Exchange 2003 server in native mode between >administrative groups? Any hope with Exchange SP1 or SP2. > >Thanx There is no supported method to do this. You'll need to move the mailboxes/folders etc.. to another server, unistall and remove the exch server from the org, and then reinstall it into t...

All PIDS Used but need to re-install on new computer
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Intel We have a student edition with three installs already. However one of the Macs had to have a hard drive replaced due to failure and now we that we have re-installed we find that this PID is on conflict with the other ones. Apparently when I activated this re-install it used the same PID as one of the other installs. Our son (the student) has no idea wher his packaging. Is there a way to resolve this issue. it seems to me like Microsoft's activation is saying we activated too many installs? Rick Nash In article <5...

Moving messages to a new computer
Is there any way other than the Files and Settings transfer wizard to move e mail messages to a new computer? Copy the pst-file to the new computer and connect to it by File-> Open-> Outlook Data File... You can locate your pst-file by using one of the following methods; a.. Search for it by typing *.pst as your query. Make sure you include hidden and system files and folders when searching for your pst-file. b.. Check the default location (Windows 2000 and Windows XP); C:\Documents and Settings\%username%\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\ c.. From within...

Cloning the Exchange Server
I need to test SP4 on my 5.5 Exchange box. I plan to image the server, install the image to another, identical box, remove the original from the network, apply the SP and see what happens. My question is this: Say it works fine and I leave it in place as "the" Exchange server for several days. When I remove the clone and put the original back in place how can I 'update' the original with the mail and public folder info the clone gathered while it was in place? Can I just copy the priv and pub back to the original? Thanks! That sounds like a whole lot of work just to test ...

Problem with DNS TTL on exchange and DC records
I am having a lot of problems with Exchange hanging on users and have narrowed it down to the DNS TTL's being too low. On the e2k3 box I have deselected the DNS auto register feature. I change the A record on the DC and bump the TTL up to 7 days. But it keeps setting back to 20 mins which is way too low. I would also like to set the DC's to 1 day, but I am having the same problem. What am I missing? On 8 Aug 2006 09:35:30 -0700, nate.sellers@gmail.com wrote: >I am having a lot of problems with Exchange hanging on users and have >narrowed it down to the DNS TTL's being...

OAB errors after removing exchange member server that was also DC
I ran OABinteg tool alltests for AD testing and got this. What should I use to edit the values that have a line number associated? ldp.exe or ADSIedit.msc? I am assuming that these two errors point to the removed server. I just can't find them so I can change the values to the current server. Failure: ADsOpenObject ADSI Error: hr = 0x80005000 - E_ADS_BAD_PATHNAME: An invalid ADSI pathname was p assed. Function: CheckOABTemplates Line number: 1478 Failure: ADsOpenObject ADSI Error: hr = 0x80005000 - E_ADS_BAD_PATHNAME: An invalid ADSI pathname was p assed. Function: CheckOABTempl...

New Exchange server #3
Hi, I have bought a new server on which to run Exchange 2000. I have 2 x 36GB SAS SCSI and 4 x 146GB SAS SCSI. Following advice form this newsgroup I will configure 3 sets of RAID 1. O/S and Pagefile on 36GB RAID 1 Logs on 146GB RAID 1 Databases on 146GB RAID 1 This server will also have our Intranet which is not heavily used. Which drive should I put that on? Any comments would be appreciated. With our existing Exchange server setup we also have a POP3 Mail server in our DMZ. I want to do away with that server and let Exchange handle all the Mail traffic. Can someone point me to some...

Configuring Trend IMSS7.1 with Exchange 2007
Hi All, Its new setup Firewall: Fortigate 80C Server : Exchange 2007 (Mail Box , Hub transport & OWA) Server : Redhat Linux With Trend Micro Inter Scan Messaging Security Suite(7.1). i want to configure. Incoming Mails Flow chart : Firewall --> Trend Micro IMSS --> Exchange --> Users OWA has been Published with ISA2006. Intranet mails Working . Kindly help me to configure External mails sending and Receiving Kindly Help me how to configure the connective in between all the three. ...

adding a skip pattern
Does MS Access refer to "skip patterns" by a different name? Is there any relatively simple way to include skip patterns in an Access form? Example: if the answer to question 1 = no, then skip to question 6. In a previous post, the reply below was given, but I must confess that I am not so swift to fully understand. Can someone provide a bit more detail: "You'd used the afterupdate event on a given control then use the setfocus method to move the cursor to another control and use the Enabled control property to control whether or not other controls remain active or...

Problem with Exchange 2003 Permissions
I have a 2003 installation which only has one mailbox database and one public folder database in the first storage group. the issue im having is that i cannot mount the public folders db with the error " The store could not be mounted because the active directory information was not replicated yet you cant either... press cancel or retry" and when I do a retry i got "The Microsoft exchange information store service could not find the specified object." ID no: c1041722 I googled a lot about this issue which is supposed to be a permissions issue but i had alre...

03 -> 07 transition probs: The component"Microsoft Exchange...cannot be assigned the action "Remove"
I am in the process of trying to remove an 03 exchange server (which is also a domain controller, yes I know...) after the mailboxes etc have been moved to 2007 server. I receive the message: The component "Microsoft Exchange Messaging and Collaboration Services" cannot be assigned the action "Remove" because: -One or more users currently use a mailbox store on this server. These users must be moved to a mailbox store on a different server or be mail disabled before uninstalling this server. Prior to attempting to remove the ex 03 server I followed the ins...

adding account number to PM HATB and RM HATB
is there any way to add the sales invoice/vendor invoice account number to these reports using Report Writer? I checked them and it looks like it can't be done but wanted to check if any of you guys have found a workaround. thanks! Hi Rheiner, You say 'account number' as if there were a single account number associated with an invoice. Since there are many account numbers associated with an invoice I'm confused as to what you are wanting. Please provide more details. Kind regards, Leslie "Rheiner" wrote: > is there any way to add the sal...

4.0 Exchange Router Config Settings
I wanted to get feedback on how most people are configuring the the exchange router for 4.0. There is an option to have a forwarding mailbox but we are currently not using that. Wasn't sure if that is what most people are using. Thanks! you can these screencast to understand the email integration of MSCRM 4.0 http://video.mikelu.org/emailrouterfwd/emailrouterfwd.html http://video.mikelu.org/emailrouterpop3/emailrouterpop3.html http://video.mikelu.org/emailrouterexchange/emailrouterexchange.html enjoy viewing... "MDV1457" <MDV1457@discussions.microsoft.com> wro...

Security: Assign To Queue But Not Users
We want users to be able allow users to assign to a queue but not to a user. For example, sometimes a customer service rep wants to request an update to our web servers. We want Customer Service Representatives to assign it to the "Maintenance" queue, but not to specific users. Some customer service reps are assigning to "me" or other people and bypassing the system. David, If you have Professional Edition you could try using workflow to accomplish this. For instance, if it were a case you could have them create these requests as a certain case type. Then you could cr...

Send Message Box to Users Logged in
Would anyone know if there is a way to send a message box of sorts to users that are currently logged into the Database? I currently send emails giving them log out times, but continually have to log onto the server and kick out those who didn't read the email (then they have to go through the headache of the network error messages trying to get their Access closed). I thought it would be so much easier if they could just get a pop up while they're working in it. I was hoping if I have a pre-set message, there might be the possiblity???? I would appreciate anyones he...

To Find Mail Box names in Exchange Server
Hi all, I would like to find the list of mailboxes in our exchange server. Is there any way to find the mailbox name list using Extended MAPI or should i go for any other API. Any suggestions on this will be highly appreciated. Thanx in advance, Regards, deena Single server? Easiest way would be to export list from Exchange System Manager. -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: www.exchangepedia.com/blog ---------------------------------------------- <tsgd84@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1156427829.128690.229380@h48g2000cwc.googlegroups.com... ...

How to add an x.400 address to all email enabled user accounts?
Hi All, I thought i could add an X.400 address to all email enabled user accounts by adding the X.400 address under the default recipient policy. I then started a Update Service rebuild on both the Enterprise and organization. After waiting 5 minutes i then did Update Now. No new X.400 address shows up for any mail enabled user account. There's only about 50 users but i'd rather not manually add the addresses if it can be helped. Am i going about this the right way? Thanks all, i've been enjoying the newsgroup so far and learned a lot of good stuff! Chris On 25 Jan 2007 ...

Applying .prf file to new users
I have a configured .prf file that I'd like to have on a client image. Objective is to have any user who opens Outlook 2003 for the first time to have that locally stored .prf file automatically imported one time only. Issues: 1) Can't use login scripts 2) Can't uninstall and reinstall Office or Outlook I've read where you can edit the registry value at HKEY_CURRENT_USER \Software\Microsoft\Office\11.0\Outlook\Setup\ImportPRF, but this only affects the user who is currently logged in. I've tried looking at HKEY_USERS and the ntuser.dat file for "Docs & Sett...

using office for different login users
Hi I'm new to Mac and would appreciate any help. I have installed office using 1 user a/c and when I login to another user a/c , I could not see the office programs. I found an earlier thread on this and the answer was to install office on the root application folder instead of the user application folder. reason being all programs installed in root application folder wil be available to all users. How do I check where I have installed it ? If i have installed it in the user application folder , do I have to uninstall ? When I install the office, I don't recall the s/w asking me whe...

error opening address book when adding an appointment
I have used Outlook 2000 before but when I loaded it on my new compouter that runs Microsoft Vista I have been unable to add an apointment in the calendar. I always get a message "An error occured when attempting to open the Windows Adress Book. Unable to find the WAB DLL." Excel and Word are working fine. I don't use Outlook for e-mail. And am not trying to link the apointment with anyone else. You are using Outlook 2000 in Internet Only Mode. It is not compatible with Vista. You'll need to run one of the functional versions of Outlook. -- Russ Valentine ...

Administrative users don't inherit Active Directory permissions?
Trying to set Active Directory permissions I noticed that the permissions on administrative users don't inherit from their container. Is this by design? Hello Neil, Thanks for your post. Before we go further I would like to confirm what "Administrative users" you refer to? Are you trying to modify certain user/group object permission from ADUC console or ADSIEdit console? Please let us know the detailed situation and symptoms. There are several ways to apply permissions. Microsoft provides two tools: ADSI Edit (AdsiEdit.msc) and DSACLS (Dsacls.exe). Both tools ...

Free Space Needed for Offline Exchange Maintenance???
We're using Exchange 2k3 and I'm wondering how much free space is needed to run offline maintenance? Does the size of free space depend on the database size or the storage group total size? For example, if you have 4 databases at 25 gigs each and your storage group is 100 gigs and you're only performing maintenance on one database at a time, do you need 25 gigs of free space or 100 gigs? Can someone point me to a Microsoft article on this? Thanks! BJ I did this last month and you are recommended to have 25G + 10% per database. You run one database at a time. That is t...

ESEUTIL error on Exchange 2000
Last night I ran eseutil on my priv1.edb as it had reached 16,702,792KB file size and I was encountering intermittent stoppages, slowdowns in my email service, though the IS never dismounted. I have about 8 GB space left on the drive with the MDBdata. After the previous nights online defrag I had about 9 GB of white space in the database. I ran the eseutil with a /t switch, since I had only 8 GB free space on the drive, and set the tempdfg.edb to a USB drive with 128 GB free space. Nevertheless, the eseutil errored at about 50% with the message: "Operation terminated with error -180...