No access to Public Folder

Hello There,
I have a funky problem regarding Public Folders on a Exchange 2003 Standard.
Although I see the Public Folders in Outlook I do not have the rights to add
anything. I have set all the rights in Exchange System Manager, but still
don't have access. Then I checked with ADSI Edit and found an entry for
Public Folder but without an Entry for "Class". Also in the Exchange System
Manager under Folders I do not see a "Public Folders" bu cannot creat one,
because it is already there (so the warning I get).
Does anyone of you have an idea?
Thanks and Best Regards
Daniel

0
d.sauer (1)

There is no problem when you create a new different Public Folder?

--
Regards,

Menko den Ouden
MCP 2003,MCSE 2000, MCSE NT4+I
Netherlands

"ds" <d.sauer@luserve.ch> wrote in message
> Hello There,
> I have a funky problem regarding Public Folders on a Exchange 2003
> Standard.
> Although I see the Public Folders in Outlook I do not have the rights to
> add
> anything. I have set all the rights in Exchange System Manager, but still
> don't have access. Then I checked with ADSI Edit and found an entry for
> Public Folder but without an Entry for "Class". Also in the Exchange
> System
> Manager under Folders I do not see a "Public Folders" bu cannot creat one,
> because it is already there (so the warning I get).
> Does anyone of you have an idea?
> Thanks and Best Regards
> Daniel

0
menko (48)

Outlook Web Access AutoSignature

Restricting access to note attachments

Public Folders - Using as a mailbox
Hi I have set up a public folder and have set it up so the people can read and reply to the emails, and tell when others have read them. What is the best way to track the replies? CC them to the public folder? Any other ideas? Many thanks in advance William ...

Access 2003 and Access 2007 Synchronization

Excel Row to Access Columns

Access

Public variable
using vba in excell how do I create a variable in one work sheet so that it can be seen by all the other worksheets in the same workbook. I have tried public x as interger but this does not seem to work. -- Jack Allen You need to declare the variable in a regular code module, NOT the worksheet's code module. However, if you do declare it in a sheet's code module, you can refer to it with the worksheet's codename as a qualifier. E.g., [in Sheet1] Public MyVar As Long [in Sheet2] Sheet1.MyVar = 123 -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulti...

Public folder contents keep deleting automatically
I am using one Exchange 2003 Enterprise back end server and one Exchange 2003 Standard front end server. I have tried to change the Age Limit from 0 to any larger numbers, but the public folder contents just keep deleting automatically after a certain period. Do you know the reason and any solutions so that the public folder contents can be kept permanently? Thanks. Let me clarify my problem, I mean no matter how many days I entered in Age Limit, the public folder contents would be deleted automatically after around 7 days. How can I disable this automatic deletion. Thanks. "B...

access mail on WEB

access or mount mirrored hard disks

Access Database In Great Plains

CRM v4 Accessibility Improvements

Upsizing Access to SQL Server 2000

Outlook Web Access #19

Public Folders on 2nd server through OWA #2
HI I'm reposting it with new information. A client is running two exchange 2000 SP3 servers. One for mailboxes/outlook web access and 2nd sever dedicated for public folders. None of the servers is designated as front end server. Users can access mail through OWA using http://exchange.domain.com fine but when they tries to access public folders on the second server the browser points to http://server2.domain.com/public/foldername which is not accessible from outside. 2nd exchange server hosting pubic folders does have IIS installed and within LAN i can acess public folders on second se...

Folder Permissions #4
Hi Guys, I have a question regarding folder permissions. Our MD has hundreds of folders for customer emails as subfolders under her inbox. She has asked me to change permissions on these folders to allow someone else Author permissions on each subfolder. This will take ages and be really repetitive. My question is this. Is there any way to amend permissions an a group of folders simultaneously, maybe by script ? The same user needs Author permissions an all the folders, so if I could amend all folders together it would save massive amounts of repetition and time Thanks Fred Give...

Accounting with Ms Access

BP3 Site Settings access

Excel to Access
Hi group, quick question. If I have a macro to upload some Excel data into Access, can this macro be used by a user without Access installed on its PC???? The Access database is located in a shared drive, the Excel is stored in the user's PC. ....And same thing in the other way, can a user without Access import from Excel some Access info?? Versions are Excel 2003 and Access 2002. Thanks in advance, Cecilia Can you buy Excel without buying the entire Microsoft Office Suite? I'm not sure if there are variations in the way microsoft sells products in different countries s...

Access Levels
Hi I am having real difficulty in getting the access levels to work as I want them. Basically I want to control access at the Business Unit level. However, how do I know which business unit a specific account record belongs to? As far as I can see it is determined by the owner of the record and their corresponding Business Unit. Is this correct? Thanks You are correct. The record is only tied to the BU through the owner. Matt Parks ---------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- On 26 May 2004 06:51:29 -0700, l.hargrave@btinternet.com (Lee) wrote: Hi I ...

Email Categories: NO SHOW to sendee, SHOW in Sent folder? Prev. WR
I posted this issue recently, and all the responses appear to be incorrect. I want to assign categories to emails, so that I can search my Sent emails by category, but NOT have the recipient see the assigned category. I was told by at least two previous posters that Outlook 2007 would do this. (I had Office 2003.) So, after buying Office 2007 Ultimate, installing it, and testing it (many hours and hundreds of dollars later), NADA. It does NOT work as I was told it would. Would somebody tell me (correctly) how I can get Outlook 2003 to do this? This is the only reason I bought Office Ul...