Newly migrated clients still dependent on old server?

Greetings all. Last week I migrated a client from a single
NT 4 domain controller that was also running Exchange 5.5
to a single 2003 AD DC that is also running Exchange 2003
SP1.  I used the ADMT to migrated users, with SIDHistory.
User and data migration went off without a hitch.

The Exchange migration did not go so smoothly, in part
because this was my first one.  I initially tried to use
the Migration Wizard, which failed.  I then installed the
Active Directory Connector on the 2003 machine and
configured a connection...still no joy.  Finally I
resorted to using Exmerge to export/import, apparently
with no issues.  Until we downed the old server...

The majority of the users are cleanly in the new AD
domain, but as soon as you down the old server six users
cannot open Outlook.  As soon as they do it hangs, in some
cases it hangs so badly it locks up the entire machine.  I
should note that these are either Windows 2000 Pro or
Windows XP Pro clients using Outlook 2000.  Once I
realized this was the case, I deleted the ADC connection,
stopped Exchange, uninstalled the ADC from the 2003
server, and restarted Exchange, with no apparent change.
The clients in question have full access to their
mailboxes via OWA...it's only Outlook that's the problem.
All other AD-related services are working fine. I've
checked client-side connectivity to the domain and all is
well.  There are no errors in the Event Log that seem
relevant.

If anyone out there can point me in the right direction
for trouble-shooting this I'd be much obliged.

TIA

Michael Salm, Senior Systems Engineer
Sherpa Technologies, Inc.
Ithaca NY

"MARS822" <michael.salm@gmail.com> wrote in news:1116527131.396232.196430
@g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

> The clients in question have full access to their
> mailboxes via OWA...it's only Outlook that's the problem.
> All other AD-related services are working fine. I've
> checked client-side connectivity to the domain and all is
> well.  There are no errors in the Event Log that seem
> relevant.
>
> If anyone out there can point me in the right direction
> for trouble-shooting this I'd be much obliged.

Have you tried recreating their client profiles from scratch?

Regards,

--
Arlo Clizer
Exchange MVP

Michael

how to clear the recently used files and still keep settings to k.
would like to clear the history of recently used files but keep the settings to post last 4 recently used. Office 2003. One way tools>options>general, uncheck it and press OK, repeat and acheck it again Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Coco" wrote: > would like to clear the history of recently used files but keep the settings > to post last 4 recently used. Office 2003. Jeez,, Peo that was too easey.. Thank you so much :-) "Peo Sjoblom" wrote: > One way > > tools>options>general, uncheck it and press OK, repeat and acheck it again > >...

Forms Migration
Migrating from Exchange 5.5 to 2003 in the same Exchange Org. I am successfully migrating public folders but the forms associated with these public folders are not showing up when connecting to the new server. How do I migrate the forms? ...

Email Signature for CRM Web Client
If CRM is to be our way to communcate with our customers, then email functionality should have more basic email functions. The ability to insert a email signature would be great. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutio...

Third party software for Exchange server 2007
Can we create third party plugins like antivirus for Exchange server 2007? On Tue, 12 Sep 2006 00:28:01 -0700, Microsoft Exchange 2007 command shell <MicrosoftExchange2007commandshell@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Can we create third party plugins like antivirus for Exchange server 2007? "We" can. "I" can't, but that's because I'm stupid, but you can do that if you want. What were you thinking of doing? ...

Exchange 2003 Standard Server & Outlook as email client
Hi you all, I am experiencing a problem with my Exchange 2003 Standard Server when delivering new email to clients. All clients have Outlook (2000, XP or 2003 versions) to access their mailboxes. The issue is that new email does not show up on the user's inbox automatically. It is not until the user has come activity on Outlook (either change to a different folder in outlook, open an email, etc) that all new email shows up at once. I already checked with the Antivirus software company and verified that all Exchange-related folders in the server were excluded from being scanned to avoi...

VBscripting OL2000 client with .asp on iis5 ? Help needed..
Trying to do what Ebay does with making links to add appointment with reminder via html/asp page.. but with no luck.. The page executes but nothing happens.. any advise would be appreciated.. Server vs Client scripts ? Help appreciate.. <%@ Language=VBScript %> <HTML> <HEAD> <META NAME="GENERATOR" Content="Microsoft Visual Studio 6.0"> </HEAD> <BODY> <SCRIPT LANGUAGE=vbscript> Dim olApp Dim oAppt Dim objRecip Set olApp = GetObject(, "Outlook.Application") Dim olNs Set olNs = olApp.GetNamespace("MAPI") Set o...

List of records >10 days old
Hi Everyone, I am using Access 2003. I want a list of patients who are active and have been on therapy >10 days as well as a field that shows how many days they have been on therapy. I have a tblPatients and a tblTherapy with the fields I need. I created a query joining these 2 tables and only showing active patients with LastName, FirstName, AdmNum and their ThpyStDtTm. The active field is Y/N in my tblPatients. Once I get only the records >10 days old, I need another field that gives me the total days the patient has been here. Thanks, Linda On Mon, 1...

HQ Client Errors everytime 401 is run
Hi Thia I have a problem with HQ client at one of the stores freezing and then giving a "just in time debugging" everytime a 401 is run. Any ideas what may be causing this or how to fix it? -- Cheers Topi This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_006B_01CA985B.75A8E7D0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Topi, At the store, try running a Database re-index and then a check in SO = Admin. Try running a re-install of Client in Add/Remove, making sure that you = are runnin...

Cannot connect to server.
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Email Client: pop Every time I try to send an e-mail it says &quot;cannot connect to server. verify that your computer is connected to the network.&quot; I have tried everything and nothing seems to work. Any ideas? Please help! On 6/5/10 7:15 PM, in article 59bb96fb.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, "junebug@officeformac.com" <junebug@officeformac.com> wrote: > pop Every time I try to send an e-mail it says "cannot connect to server. > verify that your computer is connected to the network.&qu...

Dynazip error and HQ server errors
Hi, Was wondering if anybody encountered Dynazip error in HQ client during data uploads? Also, sometimes HQ server will have connections that stayed on even after the HQ client disconnects, I will have to manually close it by right-clicking on it. Does anybody encounter this before? If any experts out there knows anything about this, please reply. Thanks. Raymond Raymond, I would recommend updating the to the latest version of RMS. 1.3 was released around Dec. 1 and most of the changes had to do with making HQ much more stable. -- = "Raymond Cheok" <raymondcheok@fare...

`Post:Konto:POP3`,Server:SMTP`,protokolll:SMTP,Port:25(SSL):Nei,Kontaktfeil:(100),Feilkode:0x880cccod
har levert feil pop code n�r jeg innstallerte ..hvordan kan jeg g� til registrerings siden for � forandre dette.. ...

How to change the default datetime format for Windows Server 2003
As per the topic, I need to know how to change the default or the master datetime format for Windows 2003 Server Standard Edition. My problem is as such. One of my applications is working under the IIS, and thus getting the date and time from it. The IIS is running under local system and does not change the date time when I change if for the logged in user. Not even when I'm logged in as local administrator. My program take in dd/MM/yyyy but however it seems like the server is always default to M/d/yyyy or MM/dd/yyyy. So, how can i change the default setting so that it...

CRM 1.2 & 3 on the sae server
Is it possible to install a CRM 3 on the same server (and not to upgrade) where the 1.2 CRM is already installed? I dont believe you can do that, unless you are using server virtualization. "David Massard" wrote: > Is it possible to install a CRM 3 on the same server (and not to upgrade) > where the 1.2 CRM is already installed? Both versions use the same registry hive, so they can not run on the same machine. -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM "chad.buser@ncsi.cc" <chadbuserncsicc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:885DC6E8-3226-4D1F-9...

Internal and external IP email servers
here is my problem: Our office email server is assigned a fixed external IP: 63.203.X.X I set up Outlook to look on that server IP and it correctly gets it's email. When I am in the office network instead i cannot "see" the 63.203.X.X IP address and instead have to use it's internal IP address of 10.0.0.10. I thus have two email account's. I am not a techie, but i am slightly conversant in NAT and firewall setup if that is the problem. Can you suggest ways of seeing the external IP address from inside the network? Coppernob wrote: > here is my problem: > > ...

Need advice on customer with Terminal Server, Exch Std. and Entrps
I have a new client with a network that is really messed up and I can't figure out why their system was set up this way so I would appreciate some feedback. Both servers are Win2k3, DC, and GC. Server A: Exchange 2k3 Enterprise with Blackberry Express Server (2 licenses) Server B: Exchange 2k3 Standard with MS Office installed and being used as a Terminal Server in Admin Mode not App Mode (by the owner only, maybe others later). Yes I realize how bad this is, that's why I'm the new company brought in to clean this up but I have a few questions (no, the client is of NO help)...

Server Performance Report issue
Hello I have the Server Performance Report being sent to my email address. Every time I get the report it says Bad request (Invalid Host Name). It was working fine but all of a sudden it stopped working correctly. Anyone know what I need to do to fix this issue? thanks for any help. ...

Microsoft CRM 3.0 Server Setup
I am in the process of installing CRM 3.0 and during the server install process I am getting this error message. Action Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Server.AddLicenseAction failed. Specified cast is not valid. Abort, Retry, Ignore More info.. After looking in the crm30svrsetup.log I see these entries when the error occurred. 10:37:36| Info| InputResult: Retry 10:37:36|Verbose| Retrieving CUserAuth data ... 10:37:36| Info| User not found, no CUserAuth returned 10:37:36|Verbose| Retrieving SYSTEM CUserAuth data ... 10:37:36| Error| System.Exception: Action Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Server.CreateSet...

DPM2007 traffic through ISA server
I have a DPM server that's been running nearly flawless until about 1 week ago. While running a query on a remote ISA server, I noticed that the ISA server is denying traffic from the server which is attempting to backup servers at the remote site. I have traced the cause of the denial on the ISA server to "The number of concurrent TCP connections...exceeded the configured limit." My question... How many TCP connections does DPM open (ie. If I am backing up a SQL Server, does DPM open 1 or more connection(s) per database?)? Apparently, ISA is seeing DPM floo...

Tool to verify mailbox migration
Hello, I am getting ready to migrate my users from E2003 to E2007. I have about 150 users and will be doing the migration in stagesover the next month and a half. I am looking for a tool that I can run after the migration is complete, to make sure everything got moved correctly. Does such a creature exist? Thank you Daryl On Tue, 15 Dec 2009 12:54:21 -0800 (PST), baron1211 <res0ew3q@verizon.net> wrote: >Hello, > > I am getting ready to migrate my users from E2003 to E2007. I have >about 150 users and will be doing the migration in stagesover the ...

Server side auto reply
We have a website feedback mailbox customers send info to. We would like to create an auto reply for that mailbox. I know if you set one up on the client side of the mailbox it will only work if you are logged in to the mailbox. I heard there is a server side rule you can setup on the box. Is this true? Is there a way to set up a server side rule to auto reply to messages even if we are not logged into that mailbox? On Tue, 21 Feb 2006 06:59:28 -0800, "WetBehindEars" <WetBehindEars@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >We have a website feedback mailbox customers sen...

New versions of outlook client and auto replies
I am trying to get our IT guy to put an auto reply on messages with attachments that come in to one specific email address. We use an Exchange Server. He says that the newer versions of outlook client only send one reply a week to avoid a looping problem. Does anyone know if this is correct or is he just trying to avoid putting on a autoreply as he is afraid of that looping effect. (auto reply to auto reply to auto reply etc.) Thanks Wendy Outlook 2003 has a rule that can be setup to not Reply to Auto Reply Messages "Wendy" wrote: > > I am trying to get our IT guy to pu...

backup ISP with one exchange server
we have one exchange 2003 server and we use a External ISP T1 connection and the ISP DNS which has the MX record. 10 email.domain.org (First ISP IP address for the email server) 20 email2.domain.org (second ISP IP address for the email server) We have a backup ISP connection that stays idle. when we switch over to the backup ISP connection (because the first is down) we cannot get the incoming email in. Outgoing works fine. How can we get the incoming email to route to the one exchange server with either ISP? On 18 Jan 2007 18:06:16 -0800, "zakmanx" <lskw360@sbcglobal.net&g...

Exchange Server Event Errors
I need help troubleshooting a couple event errors with our 2000 Exhange server. Schannel (ID 36871), SMTPSVC (ID 418), and Service Control Manager (ID 7031): these errors have been happening pretty often, and we have to keep restarting the service. What can we do to correct these errors? The first can be normal if you installed an SSL cert from an external source (like Verisign). The last error is just re-interation fo the SMTP problem. For the SMTP error (418) does this resource help? http://eventid.net/display.asp?eventid=418&eventno=1085&source=smtpsvc&phase=1 "reyr...

Excel 2007 Run Remote/Server/Network/Shared Macro From Custom Butt
In Excel 2003 this was straightforward: add the add-in regarless of location and assign it to a button. I have tried several things in 2007 without success. I've followed the usual links (including to Rondebruin and the others!), local add-ins running remote add-ins, abused my keyboard, kicked some furniture, etc... Still I haven't found a solution. I'm sure the solution isn't as easy as in 2003 but if anyone knows it I would appreciate some advice/directions. Thanks, SQLServant ...

problems with imap server
i have been able to read and access my imap folder and read all new mail until just recently. now i keep getting the following message, "cannot open set of folders. server is unavailable." does anyone know if this is a common problem and how can i resolve it??? please help if possible. ...