New User created get a weird email address

Hi,

Its been like 2 weeks now I have a very weird problem everytime I create a
new user and assign a email address, I get instead ,after a few minutes,
(wait for RUS to update AD) a email a address with my username and a bogus
number after it.

Example

New user name : Tony Smith  => tsmith@domain.com (desired email address)
My name: Jimmy Jones
I get instead ... jjones0232@domain.com

I could always go back to AD and change it by hand to what is suppose to be
but not what I really want.

Could someone please help me.

G.

0
spam1 (174)

Usely this occurs if that email already exists in your org so exchange
appends the default format with numbers.

Thanks,
Chad

"George Spiro" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Its been like 2 weeks now I have a very weird problem everytime I create a
> new user and assign a email address, I get instead ,after a few minutes,
> (wait for RUS to update AD) a email a address with my username and a bogus
> number after it.
>
> Example
>
> New user name : Tony Smith  => tsmith@domain.com (desired email address)
> My name: Jimmy Jones
> I get instead ... jjones0232@domain.com
>
> I could always go back to AD and change it by hand to what is suppose to be
> but not what I really want.
>
> Could someone please help me.
>
> G.

0
ChadP (65)
11/16/2004 11:33:02 PM
Well that is it... the username I am trying to create does not exist why
does it take my email address instead of the users I am creating?

G.

"Chad P." <ChadP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Usely this occurs if that email already exists in your org so exchange
> appends the default format with numbers.
>
> Thanks,
> Chad
>
> "George Spiro" wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Its been like 2 weeks now I have a very weird problem everytime I create
>> new user and assign a email address, I get instead ,after a few minutes,
>> (wait for RUS to update AD) a email a address with my username and a
>> bogus
>> number after it.
>>
>> Example
>>
>> New user name : Tony Smith  => tsmith@domain.com (desired email address)
>> My name: Jimmy Jones
>> I get instead ... jjones0232@domain.com
>>
>> I could always go back to AD and change it by hand to what is suppose to
>> be
>> but not what I really want.
>>
>> Could someone please help me.
>>
>> G.

0
spam1 (174)
11/16/2004 11:36:21 PM
Check the default email address in the reciepents policy make sure you have
@yourdomain.com and not yourname@domain.com.

Did you make any changes to the domain schema?

"George Spiro" wrote:

> Well that is it... the username I am trying to create does not exist why
> does it take my email address instead of the users I am creating?
>
> G.
>

> "Chad P." <ChadP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Usely this occurs if that email already exists in your org so exchange
> > appends the default format with numbers.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Chad
> >
> > "George Spiro" wrote:
> >
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> Its been like 2 weeks now I have a very weird problem everytime I create
> >> new user and assign a email address, I get instead ,after a few minutes,
> >> (wait for RUS to update AD) a email a address with my username and a
> >> bogus
> >> number after it.
> >>
> >> Example
> >>
> >> New user name : Tony Smith  => tsmith@domain.com (desired email address)
> >> My name: Jimmy Jones
> >> I get instead ... jjones0232@domain.com
> >>
> >> I could always go back to AD and change it by hand to what is suppose to
> >> be
> >> but not what I really want.
> >>
> >> Could someone please help me.
> >>
> >> G.

0
ChadP (65)
11/16/2004 11:49:02 PM
George Spiro wrote:
> Well that is it... the username I am trying to create does not exist
> why does it take my email address instead of the users I am creating?
>
> G.

Where and how are you creating the user/mailbox?

> "Chad P." <ChadP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Usely this occurs if that email already exists in your org so
>> exchange appends the default format with numbers.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Chad
>>
>> "George Spiro" wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Its been like 2 weeks now I have a very weird problem everytime I
>>> create a
>>> new user and assign a email address, I get instead ,after a few
>>> minutes, (wait for RUS to update AD) a email a address with my
>>> username and a bogus
>>> number after it.
>>>
>>> Example
>>>
>>> New user name : Tony Smith  => tsmith@domain.com (desired email
>>> address) My name: Jimmy Jones
>>> I get instead ... jjones0232@domain.com
>>>
>>> I could always go back to AD and change it by hand to what is
>>> suppose to be
>>> but not what I really want.
>>>
>>> Could someone please help me.
>>>
>>> G.

0
lanwench (7567)
11/16/2004 11:49:42 PM
 George, I'd have a look at my default recipient policy - sounds like you
have a recipient policy that provides "jjones" as the forepart of your
addresses

"George Spiro" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Its been like 2 weeks now I have a very weird problem everytime I create a
> new user and assign a email address, I get instead ,after a few minutes,
> (wait for RUS to update AD) a email a address with my username and a bogus
> number after it.
>
> Example
>
> New user name : Tony Smith  => tsmith@domain.com (desired email address)
> My name: Jimmy Jones
> I get instead ... jjones0232@domain.com
>
> I could always go back to AD and change it by hand to what is suppose to be
> but not what I really want.
>
> Could someone please help me.
>
> G.

0
Michael5492 (655)
11/17/2004 4:03:01 AM
I checked that and Recipient policy is correct @domain.com

> Check the default email address in the reciepents policy make sure you
> have
> @yourdomain.com and not yourname@domain.com.
>
> Did you make any changes to the domain schema?
>
> "George Spiro" wrote:
>
>> Well that is it... the username I am trying to create does not exist why
>> does it take my email address instead of the users I am creating?
>>
>> G.
>>

>> "Chad P." <ChadP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Usely this occurs if that email already exists in your org so exchange
>> > appends the default format with numbers.
>> >
>> > Thanks,
>> > Chad

0
spam1 (174)
11/17/2004 1:36:58 PM
I created the username within a MMC Snapin on my workstation and also from
the Exchange Server itself, both instances I am using Active Directory Users
and Computers with the exchange addon.

G.

"Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]"
> George Spiro wrote:
>> Well that is it... the username I am trying to create does not exist
>> why does it take my email address instead of the users I am creating?
>>
>> G.
>
> Where and how are you creating the user/mailbox?
>

>> "Chad P." <ChadP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>> Usely this occurs if that email already exists in your org so
>>> exchange appends the default format with numbers.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Chad

0
spam1 (174)
11/17/2004 1:38:54 PM
Seems like my default recipient policy is fine. That was the first thing I
looked at.

G.

"Michael" <Michael@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> George, I'd have a look at my default recipient policy - sounds like you
> have a recipient policy that provides "jjones" as the forepart of your
> addresses
>
> "George Spiro" wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Its been like 2 weeks now I have a very weird problem everytime I create
>> new user and assign a email address, I get instead ,after a few minutes,
>> (wait for RUS to update AD) a email a address with my username and a
>> bogus
>> number after it.
>>
>> Example
>>
>> New user name : Tony Smith  => tsmith@domain.com (desired email address)
>> My name: Jimmy Jones
>> I get instead ... jjones0232@domain.com
>>
>> I could always go back to AD and change it by hand to what is suppose to
>> be
>> but not what I really want.
>>
>> Could someone please help me.
>>
>> G.

0
spam1 (174)
11/17/2004 1:39:59 PM
Hi,

Make sure that the recipient policies are configured as desired.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;285136&Product=exch2k

Leif

"George Spiro" <spam@spam.com> skrev i en meddelelse
> Hi,
>
> Its been like 2 weeks now I have a very weird problem everytime I create a
> new user and assign a email address, I get instead ,after a few minutes,
> (wait for RUS to update AD) a email a address with my username and a bogus
> number after it.
>
> Example
>
> New user name : Tony Smith  => tsmith@domain.com (desired email address)
> My name: Jimmy Jones
> I get instead ... jjones0232@domain.com
>
> I could always go back to AD and change it by hand to what is suppose to
be
> but not what I really want.
>
> Could someone please help me.
>
> G.

My Recipient Policy is simply the default.

"@domain.com"

If I add %1g%s@domain.com will it affect all the users I currently have done
already? I dont want to effect my users.

G.

"Leif Pedersen [MVP]" <leif.pedersenNOSPAM@get2net.dk> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> Make sure that the recipient policies are configured as desired.
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;285136&Product=exch2k
>
> Leif
>
> "George Spiro" <spam@spam.com> skrev i en meddelelse
>> Hi,
>>
>> Its been like 2 weeks now I have a very weird problem everytime I create
>> new user and assign a email address, I get instead ,after a few minutes,
>> (wait for RUS to update AD) a email a address with my username and a
>> bogus
>> number after it.
>>
>> Example
>>
>> New user name : Tony Smith  => tsmith@domain.com (desired email address)
>> My name: Jimmy Jones
>> I get instead ... jjones0232@domain.com
>>
>> I could always go back to AD and change it by hand to what is suppose to
> be
>> but not what I really want.
>>
>> Could someone please help me.
>>
>> G.

0
spam1 (174)
11/19/2004 2:04:11 PM
I would like to add during the day I added the following value to the
Default Recipient Policy:

SMTP:     %1g%s@domain.com
SMTP:    @domain.com

Both are added and still I get the same problem get my username2@domain.com
.. So I guess I could assume that its the RUS that is corrupted or damaged is
that right? If so how could I fix it?

G.

"George Spiro" <spam@spam.com> wrote in message
> My Recipient Policy is simply the default.
>
> "@domain.com"
>
> If I add %1g%s@domain.com will it affect all the users I currently have
> done already? I dont want to effect my users.
>
> G.
>

> "Leif Pedersen [MVP]" <leif.pedersenNOSPAM@get2net.dk> wrote in message
>> Hi,
>>
>> Make sure that the recipient policies are configured as desired.
>>
>> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;285136&Product=exch2k
>>
>> Leif
>>
>> "George Spiro" <spam@spam.com> skrev i en meddelelse
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Its been like 2 weeks now I have a very weird problem everytime I create
>>> new user and assign a email address, I get instead ,after a few minutes,
>>> (wait for RUS to update AD) a email a address with my username and a
>>> bogus
>>> number after it.
>>>
>>> Example
>>>
>>> New user name : Tony Smith  => tsmith@domain.com (desired email address)
>>> My name: Jimmy Jones
>>> I get instead ... jjones0232@domain.com
>>>
>>> I could always go back to AD and change it by hand to what is suppose to
>> be
>>> but not what I really want.
>>>
>>> Could someone please help me.
>>>
>>> G.

0
spam1 (174)
11/19/2004 9:31:33 PM
I tried to rebuild the RUS and that didnt do anything... Could anyone help
me out?

>I would like to add during the day I added the following value to the
>Default Recipient Policy:
>
> SMTP:     %1g%s@domain.com
> SMTP:    @domain.com
>
> Both are added and still I get the same problem get my
> username2@domain.com . So I guess I could assume that its the RUS that is
> corrupted or damaged is that right? If so how could I fix it?
>
> G.
>

> "George Spiro" <spam@spam.com> wrote in message
>> My Recipient Policy is simply the default.
>>
>> "@domain.com"
>>
>> If I add %1g%s@domain.com will it affect all the users I currently have
>> done already? I dont want to effect my users.
>>
>> G.
>>

>> "Leif Pedersen [MVP]" <leif.pedersenNOSPAM@get2net.dk> wrote in message
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Make sure that the recipient policies are configured as desired.
>>>
>>> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;285136&Product=exch2k
>>>
>>> Leif
>>>
>>> "George Spiro" <spam@spam.com> skrev i en meddelelse

>>> be

0
spam1 (174)
11/22/2004 8:47:32 PM
Been 2 weeks now working on this problem. Anyone have a solution before I
call M$ $upport?

>I tried to rebuild the RUS and that didnt do anything... Could anyone help
>me out?
>
> G.
>

> "George Spiro" <spam@spam.com> wrote in message
>>I would like to add during the day I added the following value to the
>>Default Recipient Policy:
>>
>> SMTP:     %1g%s@domain.com
>> SMTP:    @domain.com
>>
>> Both are added and still I get the same problem get my
>> username2@domain.com . So I guess I could assume that its the RUS that is
>> corrupted or damaged is that right? If so how could I fix it?
>>
>> G.
>>

>> "George Spiro" <spam@spam.com> wrote in message
>>> My Recipient Policy is simply the default.
>>>
>>> "@domain.com"
>>>
>>> If I add %1g%s@domain.com will it affect all the users I currently have
>>> done already? I dont want to effect my users.
>>>
>>> G.
>>>

>>> "Leif Pedersen [MVP]" <leif.pedersenNOSPAM@get2net.dk> wrote in message

0
spam1 (174)
12/6/2004 3:13:44 PM
"George Spiro" <spam@spam.com> wrote:

>Been 2 weeks now working on this problem. Anyone have a solution before I
>call M$ $upport?

Maybe a rehash of what's already been covered?

1. How many recipient policies do you have?
2. How many Recipient Update Services do you have (excluding the
Enterprise RUS)?
3. How many DC's do you have?
4. How many GC's do you have?
5. How many domains do you have?
6. Do you have any ADC's? If so, how many CA's? Are any of them "one
way" CA's? How many CA's update the same set of objects?
7. Are there other addresses that are also created many times (like
X400 addresses)?
8. Do you have any public folders named the same way your users are?

The number you're seeing after the name is the RUS trying to make the
name unique. But the RUS only operates on objects that have been
changed. If there are several things (CA's, RUS's, etc.) modifying the
same object it's going to cause the RUS to look at that object again
and agan -- resulting in that ever increasing number in the
<local-part> of the address.

The RUS should be checking the local GC for the address it's about to
assign. If it finds the address there it'll tack on that number. It's
unlikely the RUS is looking at one DC for changes and another for
duplicate checking, but it's a possibility. Verify that the DC you've
chosen for the RUS to modify is also a GC.

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

I have 2 Exchange servers a FrontEnd and a BackEnd Server (both Enterprise
2000). FrontEnd does not have any DB on it. .

1. I only have one recipient policy which is "@domain.com", I also have
under the recipient policy a mailbox management which runs daily. Which
sends me a report of any email that is larger then 5mgs.

2. I only have one recipient update service besides the enterprise one.

3-4. 2 DCs which are also 2 GCs

5. 1 Domain

6. I do not have any ADCs

7. X400 Addresses are created also but that is fine.

8. I dont have any Public folders named like a user.

Still going crazy ...

G.

> "George Spiro" <spam@spam.com> wrote:
>
>>Been 2 weeks now working on this problem. Anyone have a solution before I
>>call M$ $upport?
>
> Maybe a rehash of what's already been covered?
>
> 1. How many recipient policies do you have?
> 2. How many Recipient Update Services do you have (excluding the
> Enterprise RUS)?
> 3. How many DC's do you have?
> 4. How many GC's do you have?
> 5. How many domains do you have?
> 6. Do you have any ADC's? If so, how many CA's? Are any of them "one
> way" CA's? How many CA's update the same set of objects?
> 7. Are there other addresses that are also created many times (like
> X400 addresses)?
> 8. Do you have any public folders named the same way your users are?
>
> The number you're seeing after the name is the RUS trying to make the
> name unique. But the RUS only operates on objects that have been
> changed. If there are several things (CA's, RUS's, etc.) modifying the
> same object it's going to cause the RUS to look at that object again
> and agan -- resulting in that ever increasing number in the
> <local-part> of the address.
>
> The RUS should be checking the local GC for the address it's about to
> assign. If it finds the address there it'll tack on that number. It's
> unlikely the RUS is looking at one DC for changes and another for
> duplicate checking, but it's a possibility. Verify that the DC you've
> chosen for the RUS to modify is also a GC.
>
> --
> Rich Matheisen
> MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

spam1 (174)
12/7/2004 9:14:47 PM
"George Spiro" <spam@spam.com> wrote:

>Well this is what I have in place:
>
>I have 2 Exchange servers a FrontEnd and a BackEnd Server (both Enterprise
>2000). FrontEnd does not have any DB on it. .
>
>1. I only have one recipient policy which is "@domain.com", I also have
>under the recipient policy a mailbox management which runs daily. Which
>sends me a report of any email that is larger then 5mgs.
>
>2. I only have one recipient update service besides the enterprise one.
>
>3-4. 2 DCs which are also 2 GCs
>
>5. 1 Domain
>
>6. I do not have any ADCs
>
>7. X400 Addresses are created also but that is fine.
>
>8. I dont have any Public folders named like a user.
>
>Still going crazy ...

Do you have the same problem if you move the RUS to the other DC?

Are all the accounts members of some priviledged group, like Domain
Admins, for example?

I don't know if this has bee suggested, but give it a shot:

Set the diagnostic logging to Maximum on the MSExchangeAL service for
these categories:

	LDAP Operations
	Service Control
	Address List Synchronization

Restart the System Attendant service
Rebuild the Recipient Update Service
Check the application log for problems

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

I will try to set the logging like you said and will restart the information
store. Will be doing it only this weekend but.

Thanks Alot,

G.

> "George Spiro" <spam@spam.com> wrote:
>
>>Well this is what I have in place:
>>
>>I have 2 Exchange servers a FrontEnd and a BackEnd Server (both Enterprise
>>2000). FrontEnd does not have any DB on it. .
>>
>>1. I only have one recipient policy which is "@domain.com", I also have
>>under the recipient policy a mailbox management which runs daily. Which
>>sends me a report of any email that is larger then 5mgs.
>>
>>2. I only have one recipient update service besides the enterprise one.
>>
>>3-4. 2 DCs which are also 2 GCs
>>
>>5. 1 Domain
>>
>>6. I do not have any ADCs
>>
>>7. X400 Addresses are created also but that is fine.
>>
>>8. I dont have any Public folders named like a user.
>>
>>Still going crazy ...
>
> Do you have the same problem if you move the RUS to the other DC?
>
> Are all the accounts members of some priviledged group, like Domain
> Admins, for example?
>

> I don't know if this has bee suggested, but give it a shot:
>
> Set the diagnostic logging to Maximum on the MSExchangeAL service for
> these categories:
>
> LDAP Operations
> Service Control
> Address List Synchronization
>
> Restart the System Attendant service
> Rebuild the Recipient Update Service
> Check the application log for problems
>

> --
> Rich Matheisen
> MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

spam1 (174)

Volume logging to user
Is there any way to determine which users are getting all the email in an exchange organization? On Apr 28, 2:52 pm, talkinggoat <johnmclaren...@yahoo.com> wrote: > Is there any way to determine which users are getting all the email in > an exchange organization? I found a way to accomplish my goal by opening the performance log file in Excel. It isn't EXACTLY what I wanted, but it will work. I was looking for something that could display graphs and separate the emails according to volume, that way I would have an easier time sorting out and blocking spammers. If anyone has ...

Outgoing emails
I am having an issue when trying to send emails out.... It has been working fine until about 2 weeks ago. Please help. Message appears as follows..... -- The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'test', Account: 'mail.aapt.net.au', Server: 'mail.aapt.net.au', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 23, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E Try port 25. If you still get an error post back. There are cases where that doesn't work either and you need to change it, and another option as well . . . . let's just try one thing at ...

Emailing in excel 2003 02-26-10

Windows Live Email Time Stamp
The windows live time stamp on all outgoing emails is 4hours later than the actual time. PC time is setup with the correct time zone. Only happens when using the online windows live email access. Can anyone assist? Thanks. v "dioncnr" <dioncnr@discussions.microsoft.com> schreef in bericht news:68BCFE8E-74E3-4967-B733-209DCE7C3BED@microsoft.com... > The windows live time stamp on all outgoing emails is 4hours later than > the > actual time. PC time is setup with the correct time zone. Only happens > when > using the online windows live ...

Opening a new instance of Excel

How to get SUMPRODUCT on filtered cells
I'm currently using the formula =SUMPRODUCT((F2:I1475>=1)*(F2:I1475<=9999)) This gives me the number of the full range of cells but I need this to update whenever I use a variety of filters. Any help is greatly appreciated Sam.D Say we have data in A1 thru B29 like: flia value 0 pass 2 pass 1 pass 2 pass 1 pass 2 pass 0 pass 2 pass 1 pass 2 pass 1 pass 0 pass 2 pass 0 pass 1 pass 1 fail 1 fail 0 fail 2 fail 1 fail 0 fail 1 fail 2 fail 1 fail 1 fail 1 fail 1 fail 2 fail and are appling autofilter to column a. We want to use sumpr...

How to set tab order for a dynamically created CEdit?
Anyone knows? Use SetWindowPos(...) and change the position in the z-order. -- Vipin Aravind <mdnightman@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1139117672.835639.159660@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > Anyone knows? > Use SetWindowPos. -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com <mdnightman@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1139117672.835639.159660@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > Anyone knows? > ...

How do I create a pivot table if the pivot table icon or menu ite.
If rhe pivot table icon ...??? Please clarify in the body of the message. "Lynn@WS" <Lynn@WS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0E6B098C-551A-4389-9048-7F4F5A6E5EF8@microsoft.com... > ...

Why do I get four postcards to the same person when I mail merge?
I merged my Excel document with my Publisher document just now and did a print preview, but the 4-up view shows that all 4 are heading to the same person. How do I tell Publisher that each "up" is a different address? If you are using 2003, this is a bug. If you are unsure there is a test print on the print dialogue screen. Use plain paper for the test. If you are using 2007, be certain you select multiple pages per sheet. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Batmantis275" <Batmantis275@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:324C9E10-38C9-4DA0-89C...

Getting List of Visible Windows
Hi All, I am working on a problem that requires me to know whether or not any part of a particular window is visible (even if it's like a one pixel corner). In my misunderstanding, I thought that ::IsWindowVisible would cover it, but it looks like that call just verifies that the hWnd actually has a dialog box. I was able to take it a step further and find out whether or not a window is minimized using ::GetWindowPlacement, but I really need to find out if a window is visible or not (in other words, not completely covered by higher z-order windows). Is there some sort of API call that ...

DB Emailing Questions
1) How do i format the message text of an email in Access. I used macro builder - action = sendobject. Can you use code builder? if so, please give me an idea of how the code will be like. 2) Also can i assign the email to have a recipient automatically or do i have to write it down each time? Thank you in advance. -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-formscoding/201001/1 On Jan 21, 11:51=A0am, "axm0035 via AccessMonster.com" <u56602@uwe> wrote: > 1) How do i format the message text of an email in Acce...

New install
Someone in my area has called me and asked for help. He had a hard drive crash so he put in a new drive and reinstalled Media Center Edition. He accesses the internet through DSL and a router. Another computer is also plugged into the router and is working fine. On this computer, he has no internet access. Under the "status" tab it says "connected" but under the support tab the IP address, subnet mask, and gateway lines are all empty. If he unplugs the ethernet cable, nothing changes. It still says it is connected. Also, the icon in the tray that should appear...

New Check report security settings
I'm using Report Writer in GP v10. I want to duplicate the report "Check with Stub on Top and Bottom - Graphical". I have tried to use the duplicate button for the report but the report will not show up in the User Security settings. How can I make the duplicated report available to select users? -- fiberfan I would suspect you do not want to duplicate this report (since you cannot really run it correctly) and instead you modify the actual report by choosing the report and pressing "insert". You give security to the modified version once you've modifie...

How can I instantly delete emails? I get a strikethrough + purge

Unable to create more Windows NT accounts for Exchange mailboxes
Hi Guys, Currently our Exchange server stopped allowing the creation of more Windows NT Accounts with the following error"Insufficient System Resources exist to complete the requested service".Pls is there a way out of this? We run Exchange 5.5 SP3 on Windows NT Server. -- Buchi ...

A rule that places a new email in a sub Folder doesnt get displayed
Create a folder; Create a rule that moves new mails to that folder; Happy as larry. When a new mail arrives, outlook shows a blue numeric value next to the folder to indicate unread messages. However, if you add another folder to the folder created above, ie a sub folder and create a rule to move new email, you have to have the tree fully extended to be informed of a new email. Is there a way to see if an new email has been sent to a sub folder without having the tree list expanded? Cheers Phil What version of Outlook and what Service Pack level? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outloo...

In Excel program shows a broken line and don't know how to get ri.

Getting Started With Barcodes
Hi, We've just opened our second retail clothing store. This expansion means we're going to have to start using barcodes to keep track of our inventory (inventory is now entered into RMS manually). The issue is we have no idea how to get started. Is there some sort of primer on barcodes and supply-chain management that we could use as a starting point? Does anyone have any suggestions/experiences with barcodes and RMS they'd be willing to share? We'd really like to build this thing properly from the start. TIA Well, first let me ask this question. Does most of your i...

Create pre-set margins & page no's.
How does one "pre-set" margins & desired page-numbering option so that most Word files that a person creates or copies from the Internet automatically are set to these specifications when a new document page is opened? (I am tired of doing this "by hand"over and over again each day!) Also, can I create one or more of this type of "template?" (I've never done this sort of thing before.) Create a template with the desired options specified. See http://word.mvps.org/faqs/customization/CreateATemplatePart1.htm. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Wo...

how do I get a chat room set up?
It looks like I downloaded a php from fantastico so I could add a chat-room. I don't know how to have it show up on my site? emsrotor <emsrotor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >It looks like I downloaded a php from fantastico so I could add a chat-room. >I don't know how to have it show up on my site? ask this in microsoft.public.expression.webdesigner ...

outlook should let me move emails from sent to a specific folder
It only allows copies to be moved to specific folders and not the actual mail itself - this creates unnecssary copies and makes everything confusing. Can't there also be a SIMPLE rules wizard like in outlook 2002? I find this new wizard too cumbersome and complex. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and the...