New Exchange Server from an Old One

I have a currently running Exchange 2003 Std SP2 server.  I am building a
VMware VM for Exchange and was hoping to just move all of the mailboxes and
what not to the new server.  Is there a easy way to do this?  If so, what are
the steps?
0
Jason4159 (666)

Move all the user mailboxes with movemailbox, then:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/822931/en-us

"Jason" <Jason@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a currently running Exchange 2003 Std SP2 server.  I am building a
> VMware VM for Exchange and was hoping to just move all of the mailboxes
> and
> what not to the new server.  Is there a easy way to do this?  If so, what
> are
> the steps?

0
John

OWA2003 server side rule problem
Hi there, Exchange 2003 running on W2K3 server with BE & FE, BE is also runs AD. Now via FE's OWA, I login & create rule there to auto fwd "send only to me" emails to my personal pop3 mailbox. I found that when exchange receive emails, it did auto fwd a copy out, however my personal pop3 mailbox never receive it. From ESM msg tracking, it said at backend server, date/time SMTP Store Driver: Message Submitted from Store date/time SMTP: Message Submitted to Advanced Queuing date/time SMTP: Started Message Submission to Advanced Queue date/time SMTP: Message Submitted ...

Must buy new computer...Ideas?

Default properties for new folders

New Email Messages

Money 2007 file wont update from one computer to another
Ok, I have a desktop with Vista and laptop with XP home. I use the notebook when Im away at work and the Vista desktop when Im home. When I got home I wanted my money file from the notebook to be transfered to the desktop but... when I copy the file from the notebook to my external USB HD and then paste it to the desktop to replace the existing one the file does not reflect changes made on the file version on the notebook. When I copy the file from the notebook to the USB HD and then open it it shows one balance. but when I then paste that file to the desktop it shows a different balan...

Stop SPAM from unresolvable email servers
I continually receive spam mail from servers that are unresolved through DNS. We are using Exchange Server 2000, and I have selected the setting "Perform reverse DNS lookup on incoming messages". However, I still receive email like the one shown below... Microsoft Mail Internet Headers Version 2.0 Received: from mail.nelsotech.com ([192.168.0.1]by mail.nelsotech.com with Microsoft SMTPSVC(5.0.2195.6713); Tue, 28 Feb 2006 15:28:45 -0500 Received: from -1214789064 (222.181.48.159) by mail.nelsotech.com via How do I stop these emails? They are unresolvable and I would like to proh...

Exchange MTA Stacks
I run Exchange 2k on Windows Server 2k. MTA stacks crashed yesterday. I cannot get it to start. No specific error. Whe usig the exchange snap in. I get message saying LDAP Provider 80072020. Any Suggestions There must be some kind of error in the application or system log. Check those and send us the event ids: Jasper. The events I get are Event ID 9175....OPenMsgStore. The noteable error is Event ID 125 " A fatal error occured reading a value from directory. NO MTA name was found. Contact tech...." >-----Original Message----- >I run Exchange 2k on Windows Server 2k...

New Location/New setup

Groupwise 6 to Exchange 2003 migration help
Does anyone have any guidance or things I need to watch out for when doing a Groupwise 6 to Exchange 2003 migration? Any help is appreciated. thanks, Jasonj I would start here http://support.microsoft.com/search/default.aspx?InCC_hdn=true&QuerySource=gASr_Query&Catalog=LCID%3D1033%26CDID%3DEN-US-KB%26PRODLISTSRC%3DON&Product=msall&Queryc=Groupwise+6+to+Exchange+2003+migration&Query=Groupwise+6+to+Exchange+2003+migration&KeywordType=ALL&maxResults=150&Titles=false&numDays=&InCC=on Jason wrote: > Does anyone have any guidance or things I need to...

CRM and Exchange 2003
Hello all! I searched long and hard for the answer, but as you all know, good info on CRM is hard to find... Here's my issue: We are currently running Exchange 2000, and plan to install CRM. I know about Server 2003 compatability issues, so we are will be installing CRM on Server 2000, and will use SQL Server 2000 as well. However, we are just a small part of a much larger entity who is planning on moving everything to Exchange 2003 VERY soon! So, if everything else stays the same (2000) and we upgrade our Exchange Server to 2003, will CRM get hosed? or will life still be tranq...

How do I activate the new mail button

cleaning up exchange from AD?
I need to delete an exchange 2003 server and i want to make sure that = ALL references to exchange or mail management are deleted from active = directory. How can i do this? Is there some AD cleaning tool out there? Do you have other Exchange servers? As long as this is not the first Exchange server in the org, simply running Exchange setup and choosing Uninstall should do the trick for you. Otherwise, you'll probably want to look at http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/Remove-Exchange-server-entire-Exchange-organization.html and keep in mind that the schema has already been extended ...

Style available all sheets new or old

Re: server and client threads
On 2/3/2005 1:07 PM, RSN_@_COMCAST.NET wrote to ALL: -> The server just keeps a list of threads that it spawns. Then when it -> is time to shut down, the server can signal each thread in an -> appropriate way (message, event, etc) that it should close down in an -> orderly way. Given the list of threads (handles or other identifier), -> you can also forcibly shut down any spawned thread that doesn't -> respond properly to the shutdown request. Yes, but what about the case where the connection has completed and the thread terminates. How then does the server get signa...

Exchange 5.5 ADC Removal Problem
I installed an exchange 2003 server. I migrated all the data and removed the last 5.5 server. When I run the Exchange Best Practices Analyzer it reports that the 5.5 server still has 2 connection agreements and the server is down and the adc cannot be located. The old server has been decommissioned, rebuilt, and re-deployed in another capacity. What can I do to resolve this? -- Go speed racer! Use AdsiEdit to remove the references to the Exch 5.5 server from AD. This article (the section on removing from AD) will point you in the right direction: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/83...

Setting up second virtual server/connector for smart host for only select users
I currently have one domain and SMTP virtual server defined to handle all mail including internet email. We have our own MX record. Occasionally I have one user who will need to send a mass mailing based on our customer database and this clogs the system. My thought was to define a second SMTP virtual server/connector that would route the email to a smart host (our service provider offers this service). If I could direct this specific user to use this service for the mass mailing, would it help the situation? If yes, how would I go about doing it - have the two SMTP server definitions coe...

Adding new pages

Username Rejected on Exchange 5.5
I am using Exchange Server 5.5 and in a sudden all users in my LAN cannot receive or send e-mails. when they try to connect to the exchange server they receive the following error: There was a problem logging onto your mail server.Your User Name was rejected. Account: '<Account name>', Server: '<Server name>', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR unknown username or bad password', Port:110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC91. I've tryied some solutions, even to remove and re-install the exchange server, but no...

New messages comes up in Deleted folder