New exchange 2003 installation - can't add users

I'm trying to bring up a new Exchange 2003 server, the first Exchange
server we've had at this company, running under Windows 2003 Server.
We have a domain, and the domain controller is a Windows 2000 Server,
with a Windows NT machine as the secondary DC.

I was able to get a test server up and running under VMware, but
things aren't going as well under the new production machine. I can do
the Exchange Tasks for a given user under AD, but no matter what I do,
the user doesn't show up in All Users in the System Manager console.
Am I missing something?

Thanks!

--Steve Pfister // srp336@getcoactive.com
0
srp336 (13)

The mailbox needs to connected to first before it shows up in the list.
Using Outlook connect to to the account. As long as the user shows up in the
Global Address List the creation was successful.

"Steve Pfister" <srp336@getcoactive.com> wrote in message
> I'm trying to bring up a new Exchange 2003 server, the first Exchange
> server we've had at this company, running under Windows 2003 Server.
> We have a domain, and the domain controller is a Windows 2000 Server,
> with a Windows NT machine as the secondary DC.
>
> I was able to get a test server up and running under VMware, but
> things aren't going as well under the new production machine. I can do
> the Exchange Tasks for a given user under AD, but no matter what I do,
> the user doesn't show up in All Users in the System Manager console.
> Am I missing something?
>
> Thanks!
>
> --Steve Pfister // srp336@getcoactive.com

0
jemerson (3)

create folder to all users
i am searching for a way to create a folder called search and replay under the outbox folder. i do not wish to use a plublic folder. the search and replay folder will open up to a web page. i need to know if there is any way of creating this folder without going to each of the workstations. we are running exchange 2003 w/ mixed outlook versions (200,xp,2003). please offer me any ideas you might have. thank you for your help. You'll have to script a solution. Nothing native in Exchange will let you do this and deploy to existing users. Nue "murr" <martynaughton@gmail....

Must buy new computer...Ideas?

Default properties for new folders

User Calendar Vanished
Hello, Just a quick query regarding a user whos calendar contents seems to have vanished! for dates prior to June 05 This is not a big deal, but i thought a little odd.. any reason anyone might know of why this would happen? one thing i suggest was that some data archived off has been deleted.. do archives include calendar data ? thanks On Tue, 21 Feb 2006 01:44:28 -0800, "Chris" <Chris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hello, > >Just a quick query regarding a user whos calendar contents seems to have >vanished! for dates prior to June 05 > >This is...

CRM 3.0 Installation 11-07-05
When installing CRM 3.0, just after I accept the licence agreement, I get the following error: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation font Tahoma doesn't support style Regular Can anyone help? The server I'm installing on is also a Sharepoint Portal Server, should this cause any issues? Thanks, Dan. Specific questions related to CRM v3 should be addressed to the Early Access newsgroup. For connection details see: https://microsoft.order-7.com/CRMPartnerBeta/resources/newsgroups.doc -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM "Dan Baird" <DanBaird@d...

New Email Messages

Apply-user-defined table style only to tables with no vertically merged cells
Dear Experts: below simple macros applies a user-defined table styles to all tables in the current document. It works fine. I wonder whether it is possible... .... to check each table for vertically merged cells and... .....only apply the user-defined table style to tables without any vertically merged cells .... the index number of tables which have not been worked on because of this is to be displayed in a msgbox Hope this is feasible and not beyond the scope of this forum. Help is much appreciated. Thank you very much in advance. Regards, Andreas Sub ApplyTblStyl...

Exchange MTA Stacks
I run Exchange 2k on Windows Server 2k. MTA stacks crashed yesterday. I cannot get it to start. No specific error. Whe usig the exchange snap in. I get message saying LDAP Provider 80072020. Any Suggestions There must be some kind of error in the application or system log. Check those and send us the event ids: Jasper. The events I get are Event ID 9175....OPenMsgStore. The noteable error is Event ID 125 " A fatal error occured reading a value from directory. NO MTA name was found. Contact tech...." >-----Original Message----- >I run Exchange 2k on Windows Server 2k...

New Location/New setup

Groupwise 6 to Exchange 2003 migration help
Does anyone have any guidance or things I need to watch out for when doing a Groupwise 6 to Exchange 2003 migration? Any help is appreciated. thanks, Jasonj I would start here http://support.microsoft.com/search/default.aspx?InCC_hdn=true&QuerySource=gASr_Query&Catalog=LCID%3D1033%26CDID%3DEN-US-KB%26PRODLISTSRC%3DON&Product=msall&Queryc=Groupwise+6+to+Exchange+2003+migration&Query=Groupwise+6+to+Exchange+2003+migration&KeywordType=ALL&maxResults=150&Titles=false&numDays=&InCC=on Jason wrote: > Does anyone have any guidance or things I need to...

CRM and Exchange 2003
Hello all! I searched long and hard for the answer, but as you all know, good info on CRM is hard to find... Here's my issue: We are currently running Exchange 2000, and plan to install CRM. I know about Server 2003 compatability issues, so we are will be installing CRM on Server 2000, and will use SQL Server 2000 as well. However, we are just a small part of a much larger entity who is planning on moving everything to Exchange 2003 VERY soon! So, if everything else stays the same (2000) and we upgrade our Exchange Server to 2003, will CRM get hosed? or will life still be tranq...

OWA in mixed mode 5.5 and 2003 organization
Hi I have a mixed mode organization. 2 Exchange 5.5 SP4 servers and 2 Exchange 2003 servers. I instaled a Exchange 2003 front-end server in my DMZ so my external user can connect using OWA, but it's only working for Exchange 2003 users. Exchange 5.5 users gets the error : "HTTP/1.0 503 Service Unavailable" Is there any way I can publish OWA for Exchange 5.5 users in my Exchange 2003 front-end server? Thanks Isaac No, accessing a 5.5 server through a 2003 Front-end is not supported. -- Mark Fugatt Microsoft Exchange MVP www.exchangetrainer.com www.msexchange.org &quo...

How do I activate the new mail button

cleaning up exchange from AD?
I need to delete an exchange 2003 server and i want to make sure that = ALL references to exchange or mail management are deleted from active = directory. How can i do this? Is there some AD cleaning tool out there? Do you have other Exchange servers? As long as this is not the first Exchange server in the org, simply running Exchange setup and choosing Uninstall should do the trick for you. Otherwise, you'll probably want to look at http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/Remove-Exchange-server-entire-Exchange-organization.html and keep in mind that the schema has already been extended ...

Style available all sheets new or old

Exchange 5.5 ADC Removal Problem
I installed an exchange 2003 server. I migrated all the data and removed the last 5.5 server. When I run the Exchange Best Practices Analyzer it reports that the 5.5 server still has 2 connection agreements and the server is down and the adc cannot be located. The old server has been decommissioned, rebuilt, and re-deployed in another capacity. What can I do to resolve this? -- Go speed racer! Use AdsiEdit to remove the references to the Exch 5.5 server from AD. This article (the section on removing from AD) will point you in the right direction: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/83...

Word 2003 Forms (JUMP TO Fields)
I am creating a word 2003 form and was wondering if it is possible to skip fields depending on the selection in a drop down menu. ie. QUESTION: Is there a requirement for a COSHH Assessment ? DROP DOWN ANSWER-----Yes/NO If yes just go to the next field box if NO then Jump this section to another section/Field further down the form? Any takers? -- Regards Martin D It is possible, but only with a macro. The basic idea of changing which form field is "next" is discussed at http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFldsFms/SetTabOrder.htm. The macros in that article can b...

Setting up second virtual server/connector for smart host for only select users
I currently have one domain and SMTP virtual server defined to handle all mail including internet email. We have our own MX record. Occasionally I have one user who will need to send a mass mailing based on our customer database and this clogs the system. My thought was to define a second SMTP virtual server/connector that would route the email to a smart host (our service provider offers this service). If I could direct this specific user to use this service for the mass mailing, would it help the situation? If yes, how would I go about doing it - have the two SMTP server definitions coe...

Money 2003 Deluxe Call Progress
When I attempt to update prices on line, Money appears to get hung up. The call progress window says that it is updating securities but it stays on screen and nothing is downloaded. Even when I try to cancel the call, the window will not close. The only way for me to stop the call is for me to shut Money down using ctrl-alt-delete. This happens about 75% of the time that I try to update prices. I am connected through a cable modem. You're not alone Bill. It happens to me frequently as well. Prior to 2003 version, the update was fast. Once I installed the 2003 version, it seem...

Adding new pages