new e-mails automatically going to archive?!?!

I have two users on a terminal server that noticed their newer e-mails had
automatically gone to a PST.  That is, it would leave e-mails in folders
under the "Inbox" that were older than 6 months but it would move the e-mail
from 6 months ago to present to a PST file.  The PST file just so happens to
be the PST file that is setup as their autoarchive.  It also just so happens
that autoarchive is supposed to archive e-mail _older_ than 6 months... I
don't even see an option to archive something from a certain time ago to the
present.  Where should I start to look for this problem?  I am very worried
that this problem is going to affect all of the users on that server.

TIA,
-Steven-

0
me8028 (83)

has the delivery point in the profile been changed?  are they going to the
pst file immediately?  any new rules involved?

--
Susan Conkey [MVP]

"Steven Platt" <me@nowhere.com> wrote in message
>I have two users on a terminal server that noticed their newer e-mails had
>automatically gone to a PST.  That is, it would leave e-mails in folders
>under the "Inbox" that were older than 6 months but it would move the
>e-mail from 6 months ago to present to a PST file.  The PST file just so
>happens to be the PST file that is setup as their autoarchive.  It also
>just so happens that autoarchive is supposed to archive e-mail _older_ than
>6 months... I don't even see an option to archive something from a certain
>time ago to the present.  Where should I start to look for this problem?  I
>am very worried that this problem is going to affect all of the users on
>that server.
>
> TIA,
> -Steven-

0
sconkey (3059)
1/10/2007 10:07:05 PM
Thanks for the reply.  That was my first thought also... no, there aren't
any new rules and the delivery point is as should be.  No other users have
complained about this except for these two.  I am hoping that is all.  I
will keep you posted if something else pops up.

-Steven-

"Susan" <sconkey@mgmmirage.nospam.com> wrote in message
> has the delivery point in the profile been changed?  are they going to the
> pst file immediately?  any new rules involved?
>
> --
> Susan Conkey [MVP]
>

> "Steven Platt" <me@nowhere.com> wrote in message
>>I have two users on a terminal server that noticed their newer e-mails had
>>automatically gone to a PST.  That is, it would leave e-mails in folders
>>under the "Inbox" that were older than 6 months but it would move the
>>e-mail from 6 months ago to present to a PST file.  The PST file just so
>>happens to be the PST file that is setup as their autoarchive.  It also
>>just so happens that autoarchive is supposed to archive e-mail _older_
>>than 6 months... I don't even see an option to archive something from a
>>certain time ago to the present.  Where should I start to look for this
>>problem?  I am very worried that this problem is going to affect all of
>>the users on that server.
>>
>> TIA,
>> -Steven-

0
me8028 (83)
1/11/2007 5:47:44 AM
that is certainly not normal behavior...you're certain that the delivery
point is the actual mailbox, then?   and you're certain that the settings
for auto-archiving have not changed?

--

> Thanks for the reply.  That was my first thought also... no, there aren't
> any new rules and the delivery point is as should be.  No other users have
> complained about this except for these two.  I am hoping that is all.  I
> will keep you posted if something else pops up.
>
> -Steven-
>
> "Susan" <sconkey@mgmmirage.nospam.com> wrote in message
>> has the delivery point in the profile been changed?  are they going to
>> the pst file immediately?  any new rules involved?
>>
>> --
>> Susan Conkey [MVP]
>>

>> "Steven Platt" <me@nowhere.com> wrote in message
>>>I have two users on a terminal server that noticed their newer e-mails
>>>had automatically gone to a PST.  That is, it would leave e-mails in
>>>folders under the "Inbox" that were older than 6 months but it would move
>>>the e-mail from 6 months ago to present to a PST file.  The PST file just
>>>so happens to be the PST file that is setup as their autoarchive.  It
>>>also just so happens that autoarchive is supposed to archive e-mail
>>>_older_ than 6 months... I don't even see an option to archive something
>>>from a certain time ago to the present.  Where should I start to look for
>>>this problem?  I am very worried that this problem is going to affect all
>>>of the users on that server.
>>>
>>> TIA,
>>> -Steven-

0
sconkey (3059)
1/11/2007 3:35:15 PM
I am absolutely positive the delivery point is the mailbox... that was the
first thing I checked.  It is almost like the autoarchive was doing the
exact opposite in regards to the "clean out" time.  It cleaned out things
_newer_ than 6 months instead of older than 6 months.

> that is certainly not normal behavior...you're certain that the delivery
> point is the actual mailbox, then?   and you're certain that the settings
> for auto-archiving have not changed?
>
> --
> Susan Conkey [MVP]
>

> "Steven Platt" <me@nowhere.com> wrote in message
>> Thanks for the reply.  That was my first thought also... no, there aren't
>> any new rules and the delivery point is as should be.  No other users
>> have complained about this except for these two.  I am hoping that is
>> all.  I will keep you posted if something else pops up.
>>
>> -Steven-
>>
>> "Susan" <sconkey@mgmmirage.nospam.com> wrote in message
>>> has the delivery point in the profile been changed?  are they going to
>>> the pst file immediately?  any new rules involved?
>>>
>>> --
>>> Susan Conkey [MVP]
>>>

>>> "Steven Platt" <me@nowhere.com> wrote in message

0
me8028 (83)
1/11/2007 4:09:09 PM
have you tried, just for giggles, creating a brand new Outlook profile?  to
see if it stops?

--

>I am absolutely positive the delivery point is the mailbox... that was the
>first thing I checked.  It is almost like the autoarchive was doing the
>exact opposite in regards to the "clean out" time.  It cleaned out things
>_newer_ than 6 months instead of older than 6 months.
>
> -Steven-
>
> "Susan" <sconkey@mgmmirage.nospam.com> wrote in message
>> that is certainly not normal behavior...you're certain that the delivery
>> point is the actual mailbox, then?   and you're certain that the settings
>> for auto-archiving have not changed?
>>
>> --
>> Susan Conkey [MVP]
>>

>> "Steven Platt" <me@nowhere.com> wrote in message
>>> Thanks for the reply.  That was my first thought also... no, there
>>> aren't any new rules and the delivery point is as should be.  No other
>>> users have complained about this except for these two.  I am hoping that
>>> is all.  I will keep you posted if something else pops up.
>>>
>>> -Steven-
>>>
>>> "Susan" <sconkey@mgmmirage.nospam.com> wrote in message

0
sconkey (3059)
1/11/2007 4:17:20 PM
No... I haven't.  I will definitely do it if it happens again.  All I did
was import the PST file into her mailbox.  That will work for now.  If it
does happen again I will definitely create a new profile.  Thanks for your
suggestions.

> have you tried, just for giggles, creating a brand new Outlook profile?
> to see if it stops?
>
> --
> Susan Conkey [MVP]
>

> "Steven Platt" <me@nowhere.com> wrote in message
>>I am absolutely positive the delivery point is the mailbox... that was the
>>first thing I checked.  It is almost like the autoarchive was doing the
>>exact opposite in regards to the "clean out" time.  It cleaned out things
>>_newer_ than 6 months instead of older than 6 months.
>>
>> -Steven-
>>
>> "Susan" <sconkey@mgmmirage.nospam.com> wrote in message
>>> that is certainly not normal behavior...you're certain that the delivery
>>> point is the actual mailbox, then?   and you're certain that the
>>> settings for auto-archiving have not changed?
>>>
>>> --
>>> Susan Conkey [MVP]
>>>

>>> "Steven Platt" <me@nowhere.com> wrote in message

0
me8028 (83)

Money 2007 E-Pay
Noticed this morning when I was paying my bills this anomaly. Perhaps I am missing something. Scenario: Paying a credit card bill. In Money 2004 (my previous version of Money) I would use Credit Card as the category and in the subcategory use the particular credit card account I was paying. Worked great. Money 2007, there is a new category named Credit Cards/Transfer. When selecting this there are no payee categories listed. However further down the list is another category named Credit Card. Using Credit Card shows the various payees. Not sure what the difference is between Credit C...

Cannot send mail from outlook, error 0x800CCC78
This message started to appear back in Sept and I haven't been able to send e-mail from Outlook ever since (apart from a 2 day period in Novemeber when the issue disappeared just as quickly as it appeared). I now have to cut and paste e-mail i recieve into the e-mail interface of my provider in order to get e-mail sent. I have posted this error 3 times now and haven't got a solution, plenty of questions about versions, platforms, port numbers etc etc, but no fix. Judging by the hits on google to this, it is and established problem. Come on Microsoft, do your stuff.....

Just installed new hard drive
I just installed a new hard drive and used the drive's utility program to copy everything from my old drive to the new one. Now Outlook isn't going out to my ISP's server and getting my new messages, and when I send a message I get the "no transport provider available" error. (My connection's just fine.) I looked online for some help. One recommendation was to delete the Personal Folder and create a new one. I did that, but then all the messages I had disappeared and it freaked me out so I didn't want to mess with anything else. How can I make it work ...

mail and calender
I believe I used to see a small calender on the right of my screen when in outlook mail. It would also spell out the nature of upcoming appointments. Can't seen to recall this option. Please help. It's called the Date Navigator. How you get it back on depends on your version. Please enlighten us - which version of Outlook are you running????? -- Regards Judy Gleeson MVP Outlook www.judygleeson.com www.deskdoctors.com Are you sick of bad email practice? Get a copy of my paper "Implementing Email Policy" from the Desk Doctors website. "Sc...

automatically naming files for savingb

Cells Fill Automatically on Another Workbook
I've created what we'll call a seed worksheet to be used over and over for different clients. I have linked its cells to another workbook. As the originating seed worksheet directs its cell data to a specific cell on another workbook, how can I accomplish the workbook data not being overwritten but the new incoming data default to the next unused cell in the column? i.e. If the original seed worksheet cell B1 links to the worksheet cell A1, I would like the next instance of creating a new customer and his B1 information on his use of the seed worksheet to populate onto th...

mail server
Is Exchange an absolute must? Can I do without it? Can any other mail server do? Thank you. Hi Bill, Exchange is not required. There are 3 scenario's: 1) Exchange -> email can be sent and received in CRM 2) SMTP -> email can be sent from CRM but not received 3) Nothing -> email cannot be used from CRM. For more info http://blogs.msdn.com/midatlanticcrm/archive/2006/01/05/Running_Microsoft_CRM_without_Exchange_Server.aspx Hope this helps, -- Ronald Lemmen Avanade Netherlands http://ronaldlemmen.blogspot.com/ "bill tie" wrote: > > Is Exchange an abso...

Consulta Exchange 5.5 Mails con fondo
Estimados: Alguien sabe si es posible configurar un servidor Exchange 5.5 para que los mails enviados salgan con un fondo (bacground) predeterminado? Gracias. ...

E-Newsletter Doesn't Print All Pages
Outlook 2003 & 2007 =================== Hello, I have a customer who designs and sends out an E-Newsletter in MS Publisher. When I receive the e-newsletter and try to print it, it does not print all of the pages of the newsletter. Typically it only prints the first page (of 3 pages). I realize most would recommend that the customer send it out as a PDF attachment, but the preference is to send it out as an e-newsletter. Any thoughts on why I can not print all of the pages in the newsletter and what I can do to make it work? Thanks for giving this some thought. w...

Automatic Number Sequence
I would like to make a form in excel that automatically generates a number of the form in one of the cells. How can I go about doing this, that everytime I print a sheet it automatically generates a new number in the sequence? I have tried playing around with macros and it doesn't seem to change, only stay at a specific number. Is there an easier formula that this can be done with or do I have to use macro's and how do I do it with macro's if that's what's required?? It's a product information form for new products that need entering into the system. Hi Awissa, ...

OWA
When using OWA, I can View my Emails on the company's 5.5 SP4 Exchange Server, I can use Find Name, and it will Search.. But I cannot send an Email, I get a window that pops up and says: "Failed to Send Item" Thanks... Ask in an Exchange newsgroup as OWA is part of Exchange not Outlook. -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News Also Outlook FAQ, How To's, Downloads and more... Tip of the month: -Create your own fully customized Toolbar Subscribe to the newsletter to receive news and tips & tricks in your mailbox! www.spa...

Data in Fields Changing Automatically
We use a simple Access table to keep track of resolutions adopted by our City Council. It's always worked just fine until today. When I add information in the fields of a row and click in the next row, the information I just added changes. There doesn't seem to be a consistent pattern to how this happens. There is a column for the number of the resolution. Sometimes this will change to the number of the row above, or two rows above. I tried rebooting. Thanks in advance for any clues! ?Version of Access? ?Working directly in the table instead of, as recommended, in a fo...

Creating a Mail Merge template in 4.0
I am using the RC0 image for demo purposes and have not managed to do this. When editing the template in word I get the message "Record 1 contained too many data fields." If it is never going to work please just let me know and I will try to focus on teh live releasse. Cheers, Mike. I get the same behavior in the released version. I suspect the 'Edit Template in Word' operation is simply invoking the template as if it was doing a mail merge operation; because there is no data available (you are in the editor of the letter template afterall), the merge process get...

Combine multiple columns into one, automatically?
I'm trying to create a chart that will automatically combine into one column what are now several columns when displayed in an ordinary column chart. The columns I want to combine all have the same value on the Y-axis, but are shown (in an ordinary chart) as separate columns because they have different values along the X-axis. Is there any way to create a chart that will automatically add together the X-axis values and then display the results in a single column? Or, is this not really a "charting" problem, but instead a problem that requires me to recalculate my data bef...

Automatically Log of at a Certain Time of Day
Is there a way to set up XP SP3 to log of automatically. I need to be able to have my kids' PC's log off at night at a certain time. Use Scheduled Task that invokes Shutdown.exe. kjfrey55 wrote: > Is there a way to set up XP SP3 to log of automatically. I need to be able > to have my kids' PC's log off at night at a certain time. If you only want them to logoff and keep the pc running run a Scheduled Task that runs the Logoff command, if you want to shut down the PC have the task run the Shutdown command. John kjfrey55 wrote: > Is there a...

Outlook Junk mail filter and rules problem
Hello- I switched to Outlook from Mozilla Thunderbird. I did this because Thunderbird was unstable (at least for me). It did have a nice spam filter though. I was hoping that Outlook's spam filter would be comparable and the app would be stable. So far it's stable, but I am having a serious problem with the filter. I use Outlook 2004 to track several POP accounts. So when I download a message, I have a rule for each account that puts the message in an appropriate folder under the inbox folder. The problem is when I use the Spam filter, this is what happens. 1. Spam arrives to ...

Error message
I cannot create a new folder on an external HDD. Win XP Pro, SP3. I go to My Computer, and select the external HDD letter. Then go over to the right-hand pane, right click and select New, then Folder. This produces an error message "Unable to create the folder 'New Folder' The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable." I can save and retrieve a Word document all right to this same external HDD. I can use the above method to create a new folder on the desktop, and on the two HDDs that are internal to the computer. Virus and malware scans are negati...

how do I transfer file from Clipboard to an e-mail message
How do I transfer a file from Outlook clipboard or C drive to the body of an e-mail message NOT as an attachment. thanks you would need to open the file and copy the contents. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Subscribe to Exchange Messaging Outlook newsletter: EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOF...

Recurring e-mail
Hello all, I have a user who wants to send out a message to a list of recipients every Monday at 8:00. Exact same text, same recipents every time. Any suggestions on how to do this? I suggested a recurring Calendar item, but he wants an e-mail. OL2003/Exchange 2003 Thanks See if this info helps any: http://www.outlookcode.com/d/forms/skedrpt.htm "Andy Williams" <f_u_b_a_r_1_1_1_9@y_a_h_o_o_._c_o_m> wrote in message news:Os%23TSjzpFHA.3408@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Hello all, > > I have a user who wants to send out a message to a list of recipients > ...

Unable to install 2000 Publisher upgrade on new computer
I have a new computer with office xp professional, but the publisher application that came with xp does not have the same functionality of the office 2000 professional publisher that i created most of my publications with. I can not get the "2000 upgrade" that I purchased to install on my new computer. It says that there is not a valid product to update. Is there some way around this? Do you have any old Microsoft product disks that you can install? Works, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Lotus 1-2-3, Microsoft Project or Word. Publisher 2002 is superior to 2000. What features ...

Transferring files to a new computer
Hi - I'm in the process of configuring my new Windows XP with MSFT Small Biz. I was running Windows 98 and using Outlook 2000. Now I want to copy all my old emails, folders, addresses etc. into the new version of Outlook 2003 but I can't seem to find it. It's not recognizing my saved files as .PST files. Does anyone know how to do this? Thanks, daviskho "daviskho" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:052801c3dbb0$e46e5970$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Hi - I'm in the process of configuring my new Windows XP > with MSFT Small Biz. ...

Copy cell to a new cell #2
In Column B I have certain values which start with GB2 e.g GB2-02210. I would to like to copy these values and paste it in another cell. I would like to do this with only values which start with GB2. Many thanks -- Message posted via http://www.officekb.com I would use Data>Filter>Autofilter and use custom>begins with... -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Southampton, England www.nickhodge.co.uk nick_hodgeTAKETHISOUT@zen.co.uk.ANDTHIS "mohd21uk via OfficeKB.com" <u20517@uwe> wrote in message news:5ede27c5beb13@uwe... > In Column B I have certain values ...

New Task Duration Time
Where can I change the default "Duration" of (30 Minutes) when creating a new Task? ...

Generate powerpoint presentation from excel automatically
How can I automatically generate a powerpoint presentation file with data from an excel file (graphics and text)??? One slide per data sheet, nearly 50 sheets on the workbook. Best Regards and Happy New Year 2004 Hector Balanzar ...