New DST time zone tool ALERT!!!

We are going through the DST changes here this weekend and it is a PAIN.  We
have over 600 Public Folders that we are having to update manually.

BEWARE!!!!!

If you use the tool built into MS Outlook 7, it will update all calendar
items regardless of the date.  Some of our calendars have over 6000
appointments and the tool in Outllok 7 tries to update them ALL.

If you run the TZMove.msi file, it only updates the affected appointments,
NOT ALL OF THEM!!!!!

Of course Microsoft neglected to mention that in all of their documentation
on this issue.

Thanks Microsoft for another omission of critical information!  Your the
best!

Terry Ball

------=_NextPart_000_1C54_01C75908.F684B090

I am sure that you dont research very much. Right here in the main DST =
kb article it tells you to run TZMove and do NOT do it with Outlook 2007

Microsoft Outlook
In January 2007, the Time Zone Data Update Tool for Microsoft=AE Office =
Outlook=AE (Time Zone Data Update Tool or "Outlook tool") is available =
from Microsoft Download Center. The Time Zone Data Update Tool can =
update calendar items in Outlook to accommodate the changes in DST =
during the extended DST period.

The Time Zone Data Update Tool is required to update calendar items that =
occur during the extended DST periods for the following versions of =
Microsoft Outlook:. Microsoft Office Outlook 2007=20
.. Microsoft Office Outlook 2003=20
.. Microsoft Outlook 2002=20
.. Microsoft Outlook 2000=20

Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 can automatically detect the DST change =
and prompt the process that updates a person's calendar to comply with =
the new daylight saving time rules. However, the Time Zone Data Update =
Tool contains enhancements that improve what is available in Outlook =
2007 and should be run instead of the out-of-the-box Outlook 2007 =
experience.

The reason why the tool was written is due to the fact that Outlook 2007 =
had this functionality built in to it and we wrote a smaller version to =
handle the 3 week DST change that the goverment imposed. Having a =
smaller version of the tool is much faster to run that doing it from =
within Outlook and much more affective.

--=20
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no =
rights.

Dgoldman
http://blogs.msdn.com/dgoldman

"Terry Ball" <terry.v.ball@hitchcock.org> wrote in message =
> We are going through the DST changes here this weekend and it is a =
PAIN.  We=20
> have over 600 Public Folders that we are having to update manually.
>=20
> BEWARE!!!!!
>=20
> If you use the tool built into MS Outlook 7, it will update all =
calendar=20
> items regardless of the date.  Some of our calendars have over 6000=20
> appointments and the tool in Outllok 7 tries to update them ALL.
>=20
> If you run the TZMove.msi file, it only updates the affected =
appointments,=20
> NOT ALL OF THEM!!!!!
>=20
> Of course Microsoft neglected to mention that in all of their =
documentation=20
> on this issue.
>=20
> Thanks Microsoft for another omission of critical information!  Your =
the=20
> best!
>=20
>=20
>=20
> Terry Ball
>=20
>=20
>=20

------=_NextPart_000_1C54_01C75908.F684B090

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I am sure that you dont research very =
much. Right=20
here in the main DST kb article it tells you to run TZMove and do NOT do =
it with=20
Outlook 2007</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Microsoft Outlook<BR>In January 2007, =
the Time Zone=20
Data Update Tool for Microsoft=AE Office Outlook=AE (Time Zone Data =
Update Tool or=20
"Outlook tool") is available from Microsoft Download Center. The Time =
Zone Data=20
Update Tool can update calendar items in Outlook to accommodate the =
changes in=20
DST during the extended DST period.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>The Time Zone Data Update Tool is =
required to=20
update calendar items that occur during the extended DST periods for the =

following versions of Microsoft Outlook:=95 Microsoft Office Outlook =
2007 <BR>=95=20
Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 <BR>=95 Microsoft Outlook 2002 <BR>=95 =
Microsoft=20
Outlook 2000 </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT><BR><FONT face=3DArial =
size=3D2>Microsoft Office=20
Outlook 2007 can automatically detect the DST change and prompt the =
process that=20
updates a person=92s calendar to comply with the new daylight saving =
time rules.=20
<FONT color=3D#ff0000 size=3D3>However, the Time Zone Data Update Tool =
contains=20
enhancements that improve what is available in Outlook 2007 and should =
be run=20
<FONT size=3D4><FONT color=3D#0000ff>instead</FONT> </FONT>of the =
out-of-the-box=20
Outlook 2007 experience.</FONT></FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>The reason why the tool was written is =
due to the=20
fact that Outlook 2007 had this functionality built in to it and we =
wrote a=20
smaller version to handle the 3 week DST change that the goverment =
imposed.=20
Having a smaller version of the tool is much faster to run that doing it =
from=20
within Outlook and much more affective.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><BR><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>-- <BR>This posting is provided "AS =
IS" with no=20
warranties, and confers no rights.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Dgoldman<BR></FONT><A=20
href=3D"http://blogs.msdn.com/dgoldman"><FONT face=3DArial=20
size=3D2>http://blogs.msdn.com/dgoldman</FONT></A></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>"Terry Ball" &lt;</FONT><A=20
href=3D"mailto:terry.v.ball@hitchcock.org"><FONT face=3DArial=20
size=3D2>terry.v.ball@hitchcock.org</FONT></A><FONT face=3DArial =
size=3D2>&gt; wrote=20
in message </FONT><A =
href=3D"news:ejwHSdQWHHA.5092@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl"><FONT=20
face=3DArial =
size=3D2>news:ejwHSdQWHHA.5092@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl</FONT></A><FONT=20
face=3DArial size=3D2>...</FONT></DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>&gt; =
We are going=20
through the DST changes here this weekend and it is a PAIN.&nbsp; We =
<BR>&gt;=20
have over 600 Public Folders that we are having to update =
manually.<BR>&gt;=20
<BR>&gt; BEWARE!!!!!<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; If you use the tool built into MS =
Outlook=20
7, it will update all calendar <BR>&gt; items regardless of the =
date.&nbsp; Some=20
of our calendars have over 6000 <BR>&gt; appointments and the tool in =
Outllok 7=20
tries to update them ALL.<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; If you run the TZMove.msi =
file, it=20
only updates the affected appointments, <BR>&gt; NOT ALL OF =
THEM!!!!!<BR>&gt;=20
<BR>&gt; Of course Microsoft neglected to mention that in all of their=20
documentation <BR>&gt; on this issue.<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; Thanks Microsoft =
for=20
another omission of critical information!&nbsp; Your the <BR>&gt; =
best!<BR>&gt;=20
<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; Terry Ball<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; <BR>&gt;=20
<BR>&gt;</FONT></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_1C54_01C75908.F684B090--

0
Dgoldman9268 (137)
2/25/2007 11:15:43 PM
On Sun, 25 Feb 2007 18:15:43 -0500, "Dave Goldman [MSFT]"
<Dgoldman@noreply.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I am sure that you dont research very much. Right here in the main DST kb article it tells you to run TZMove and do NOT do it with Outlook 2007
>
>Microsoft Outlook
>In January 2007, the Time Zone Data Update Tool for Microsoft� Office Outlook� (Time Zone Data Update Tool or "Outlook tool") is available from Microsoft Download Center. The Time Zone Data Update Tool can update calendar items in Outlook to accommodate the changes in DST during the extended DST period.
>
>The Time Zone Data Update Tool is required to update calendar items that occur during the extended DST periods for the following versions of Microsoft Outlook:. Microsoft Office Outlook 2007
>. Microsoft Office Outlook 2003
>. Microsoft Outlook 2002
>. Microsoft Outlook 2000
>
>Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 can automatically detect the DST change and prompt the process that updates a person's calendar to comply with the new daylight saving time rules. However, the Time Zone Data Update Tool contains enhancements that improve what is available in Outlook 2007 and should be run instead of the out-of-the-box Outlook 2007 experience.
>
>The reason why the tool was written is due to the fact that Outlook 2007 had this functionality built in to it and we wrote a smaller version to handle the 3 week DST change that the goverment imposed. Having a smaller version of the tool is much faster to run that doing it from within Outlook and much more affective.

Its the automatic part of Outlook 2007 that bites people.

It also says in the same article:

"You do not have to use the Time Zone Data Update Tool. However, we
recommend that you run the tool because it includes many improvements
over the tool that is included in Outlook 2007. "

That isnt a strong enough statement to tell people that letting
Outlook 2007 do the DST changes is not a good decision.

0
adavid (8731)

------=_NextPart_000_000F_01C7591F.636C7920

I will see what I can do to have that article changed to something more =
substantial. Ill put this in ASAP.

Thanks Andy :)
--

  "Andy David {MVP}" <adavid@pleasekeepinngcheesebucket.com> wrote in =
message news:m974u2hgu1dj9riq67fd168j79ue78cq52@4ax.com...
  On Sun, 25 Feb 2007 18:15:43 -0500, "Dave Goldman [MSFT]"
  <Dgoldman@noreply.microsoft.com> wrote:

  >I am sure that you dont research very much. Right here in the main =
DST kb article it tells you to run TZMove and do NOT do it with Outlook =
2007

  >Microsoft Outlook
  >In January 2007, the Time Zone Data Update Tool for Microsoft=AE =
Office Outlook=AE (Time Zone Data Update Tool or "Outlook tool") is =
available from Microsoft Download Center. The Time Zone Data Update Tool =
can update calendar items in Outlook to accommodate the changes in DST =
during the extended DST period.

  >The Time Zone Data Update Tool is required to update calendar items =
that occur during the extended DST periods for the following versions of =
Microsoft Outlook:. Microsoft Office Outlook 2007=20
  >. Microsoft Office Outlook 2003=20
  >. Microsoft Outlook 2002=20
  >. Microsoft Outlook 2000=20
  >
  >Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 can automatically detect the DST change =
and prompt the process that updates a person's calendar to comply with =
the new daylight saving time rules. However, the Time Zone Data Update =
Tool contains enhancements that improve what is available in Outlook =
2007 and should be run instead of the out-of-the-box Outlook 2007 =
experience.

  >The reason why the tool was written is due to the fact that Outlook =
2007 had this functionality built in to it and we wrote a smaller =
version to handle the 3 week DST change that the goverment imposed. =
Having a smaller version of the tool is much faster to run that doing it =
from within Outlook and much more affective.

  Its the automatic part of Outlook 2007 that bites people.=20

  It also says in the same article:

  "You do not have to use the Time Zone Data Update Tool. However, we
  recommend that you run the tool because it includes many improvements
  over the tool that is included in Outlook 2007. "

  That isnt a strong enough statement to tell people that letting
  Outlook 2007 do the DST changes is not a good decision.=20

------=_NextPart_000_000F_01C7591F.636C7920

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I will see what I can do to have that =
article=20
changed to something more substantial. Ill put this in =
ASAP.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT><BR><FONT face=3DArial =
size=3D2>Thanks Andy=20
:)</FONT><BR>--<BR>This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, =
and=20
confers no rights.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Dgoldman<BR><A=20
href=3D"http://blogs.msdn.com/dgoldman">http://blogs.msdn.com/dgoldman</A=
></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
  <DIV>"Andy David {MVP}" &lt;<A=20
  =
href=3D"mailto:adavid@pleasekeepinngcheesebucket.com">adavid@pleasekeepin=
ngcheesebucket.com</A>&gt;=20
  wrote in message <A=20
  =
href=3D"news:m974u2hgu1dj9riq67fd168j79ue78cq52@4ax.com">news:m974u2hgu1d=
j9riq67fd168j79ue78cq52@4ax.com</A>...</DIV>On=20
  Sun, 25 Feb 2007 18:15:43 -0500, "Dave Goldman [MSFT]"<BR>&lt;<A=20
  =
href=3D"mailto:Dgoldman@noreply.microsoft.com">Dgoldman@noreply.microsoft=
..com</A>&gt;=20
  wrote:<BR><BR>&gt;I am sure that you dont research very much. Right =
here in=20
  the main DST kb article it tells you to run TZMove and do NOT do it =
with=20
  Outlook 2007<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt;Microsoft Outlook<BR>&gt;In January 2007, =
the Time=20
  Zone Data Update Tool for Microsoft=AE Office Outlook=AE (Time Zone =
Data Update=20
  Tool or "Outlook tool") is available from Microsoft Download Center. =
The Time=20
  Zone Data Update Tool can update calendar items in Outlook to =
accommodate the=20
  changes in DST during the extended DST period.<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt;The Time =
Zone=20
  Data Update Tool is required to update calendar items that occur =
during the=20
  extended DST periods for the following versions of Microsoft Outlook:. =

  Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 <BR>&gt;. Microsoft Office Outlook 2003=20
  <BR>&gt;. Microsoft Outlook 2002 <BR>&gt;. Microsoft Outlook 2000=20
  <BR>&gt;<BR>&gt;Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 can automatically detect =
the DST=20
  change and prompt the process that updates a person's calendar to =
comply with=20
  the new daylight saving time rules. However, the Time Zone Data Update =
Tool=20
  contains enhancements that improve what is available in Outlook 2007 =
and=20
  should be run instead of the out-of-the-box Outlook 2007=20
  experience.<BR>&gt;<BR>&gt;The reason why the tool was written is due =
to the=20
  fact that Outlook 2007 had this functionality built in to it and we =
wrote a=20
  smaller version to handle the 3 week DST change that the goverment =
imposed.=20
  Having a smaller version of the tool is much faster to run that doing =
it from=20
  within Outlook and much more affective.<BR><BR><BR>Its the automatic =
part of=20
  Outlook 2007 that bites people. <BR><BR>It also says in the same=20
  article:<BR><BR>"You do not have to use the Time Zone Data Update =
Tool.=20
  However, we<BR>recommend that you run the tool because it includes =
many=20
  improvements<BR>over the tool that is included in Outlook 2007. =
"<BR><BR>That=20
  isnt a strong enough statement to tell people that letting<BR>Outlook =
2007 do=20
  the DST changes is not a good decision. =
<BR></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_000F_01C7591F.636C7920--

------=_NextPart_000_0017_01C75922.0AB20EF0

Hey Andy, I just put in a request to have this article documented with =
more information as to why this tool needs to be used.

--
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no =
rights.

Dgoldman
http://blogs.msdn.com/dgoldman
  "Andy David {MVP}" <adavid@pleasekeepinngcheesebucket.com> wrote in =
message news:m974u2hgu1dj9riq67fd168j79ue78cq52@4ax.com...
  On Sun, 25 Feb 2007 18:15:43 -0500, "Dave Goldman [MSFT]"
  <Dgoldman@noreply.microsoft.com> wrote:

  >I am sure that you dont research very much. Right here in the main =
DST kb article it tells you to run TZMove and do NOT do it with Outlook =
2007

  >Microsoft Outlook
  >In January 2007, the Time Zone Data Update Tool for Microsoft=AE =
Office Outlook=AE (Time Zone Data Update Tool or "Outlook tool") is =
available from Microsoft Download Center. The Time Zone Data Update Tool =
can update calendar items in Outlook to accommodate the changes in DST =
during the extended DST period.

  >The Time Zone Data Update Tool is required to update calendar items =
that occur during the extended DST periods for the following versions of =
Microsoft Outlook:. Microsoft Office Outlook 2007=20
  >. Microsoft Office Outlook 2003=20
  >. Microsoft Outlook 2002=20
  >. Microsoft Outlook 2000=20
  >
  >Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 can automatically detect the DST change =
and prompt the process that updates a person's calendar to comply with =
the new daylight saving time rules. However, the Time Zone Data Update =
Tool contains enhancements that improve what is available in Outlook =
2007 and should be run instead of the out-of-the-box Outlook 2007 =
experience.

  >The reason why the tool was written is due to the fact that Outlook =
2007 had this functionality built in to it and we wrote a smaller =
version to handle the 3 week DST change that the goverment imposed. =
Having a smaller version of the tool is much faster to run that doing it =
from within Outlook and much more affective.

  Its the automatic part of Outlook 2007 that bites people.=20

  It also says in the same article:

  "You do not have to use the Time Zone Data Update Tool. However, we
  recommend that you run the tool because it includes many improvements
  over the tool that is included in Outlook 2007. "

  That isnt a strong enough statement to tell people that letting
  Outlook 2007 do the DST changes is not a good decision.=20

------=_NextPart_000_0017_01C75922.0AB20EF0

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Hey Andy, I just put in a request to =
have this=20
article documented with more information as to why this tool needs to be =

used.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><BR><BR>--<BR>This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, =
and=20
confers no rights.</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Dgoldman<BR><A=20
href=3D"http://blogs.msdn.com/dgoldman">http://blogs.msdn.com/dgoldman</A=
></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE=20
  <DIV>"Andy David {MVP}" &lt;<A=20
  =
  wrote in message <A=20
  =
[...]

I agree that this is a bit vague.  Most people are being overwhelmed by the
DST switchover.  In most companies I work with that are affected by the DST
switch, they are really only getting serious about it in the past two or
three weeks.   Well, if it is any consolation for the Exchagne folks out
there, the other e-mail system vendors are not having any better results.
Maybe even worse!

--
Jim McBee
Blog - http://mostlyexchange.blogspot.com

"Andy David {MVP}" <adavid@pleasekeepinngcheesebucket.com> wrote in message
> On Sun, 25 Feb 2007 18:15:43 -0500, "Dave Goldman [MSFT]"
> <Dgoldman@noreply.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
>>I am sure that you dont research very much. Right here in the main DST kb
>>article it tells you to run TZMove and do NOT do it with Outlook 2007
>>
>>Microsoft Outlook
>>In January 2007, the Time Zone Data Update Tool for Microsoft� Office
>>Outlook� (Time Zone Data Update Tool or "Outlook tool") is available from
>>Microsoft Download Center. The Time Zone Data Update Tool can update
>>calendar items in Outlook to accommodate the changes in DST during the
>>extended DST period.
>>
>>The Time Zone Data Update Tool is required to update calendar items that
>>occur during the extended DST periods for the following versions of
>>Microsoft Outlook:. Microsoft Office Outlook 2007
>>. Microsoft Office Outlook 2003
>>. Microsoft Outlook 2002
>>. Microsoft Outlook 2000
>>
>>Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 can automatically detect the DST change and
>>prompt the process that updates a person's calendar to comply with the new
>>daylight saving time rules. However, the Time Zone Data Update Tool
>>contains enhancements that improve what is available in Outlook 2007 and
>>should be run instead of the out-of-the-box Outlook 2007 experience.
>>
>>The reason why the tool was written is due to the fact that Outlook 2007
>>had this functionality built in to it and we wrote a smaller version to
>>handle the 3 week DST change that the goverment imposed. Having a smaller
>>version of the tool is much faster to run that doing it from within
>>Outlook and much more affective.
>

> Its the automatic part of Outlook 2007 that bites people.
>
> It also says in the same article:
>
> "You do not have to use the Time Zone Data Update Tool. However, we
> recommend that you run the tool because it includes many improvements
> over the tool that is included in Outlook 2007. "
>
> That isnt a strong enough statement to tell people that letting
> Outlook 2007 do the DST changes is not a good decision.

0
jmcbee9404 (625)
2/26/2007 3:06:08 AM
Hey Jim, I have a thread going on internally about this.

Dgoldman
http://blogs.msdn.com/dgoldman

"Terry Ball" <terry.v.ball@hitchcock.org> wrote in message
> We are going through the DST changes here this weekend and it is a PAIN.
> We have over 600 Public Folders that we are having to update manually.
>
> BEWARE!!!!!
>
> If you use the tool built into MS Outlook 7, it will update all calendar
> items regardless of the date.  Some of our calendars have over 6000
> appointments and the tool in Outllok 7 tries to update them ALL.
>
> If you run the TZMove.msi file, it only updates the affected appointments,
> NOT ALL OF THEM!!!!!
>
> Of course Microsoft neglected to mention that in all of their
> documentation on this issue.
>
> Thanks Microsoft for another omission of critical information!  Your the
> best!
>

> Terry Ball

0
Dgoldman9268 (137)
2/26/2007 4:39:27 AM
On Sun, 25 Feb 2007 21:15:14 -0500, "Dave Goldman [MSFT]"
<dgoldman@noreply.msft.com> wrote:

>Hey Andy, I just put in a request to have this article documented with more information as to why this tool needs to be used.

Sweet. Thanks for the update!

0
adavid (8731)
2/26/2007 3:37:36 PM
I have a question too:  do we need to apply the patch KB926666 on the
exchange server or do we get to choose between running 926666 or running the
Update tool 930879 .   I read the articles concering these patches and it's
still not clear to me.
--
ulyses96

"Dave Goldman [MSFT]" wrote:

> Hey Jim, I have a thread going on internally about this.

> Dgoldman
> http://blogs.msdn.com/dgoldman
>

> "Terry Ball" <terry.v.ball@hitchcock.org> wrote in message
> > We are going through the DST changes here this weekend and it is a PAIN.
> > We have over 600 Public Folders that we are having to update manually.
> >
> > BEWARE!!!!!
> >
> > If you use the tool built into MS Outlook 7, it will update all calendar
> > items regardless of the date.  Some of our calendars have over 6000
> > appointments and the tool in Outllok 7 tries to update them ALL.
> >
> > If you run the TZMove.msi file, it only updates the affected appointments,
> > NOT ALL OF THEM!!!!!
> >
> > Of course Microsoft neglected to mention that in all of their
> > documentation on this issue.
> >
> > Thanks Microsoft for another omission of critical information!  Your the
> > best!
> >

> > Terry Ball

0
ulyses96 (22)
2/27/2007 12:15:07 AM
You will want to install 926666 and then you have the option of running the
update tool for exchange and OR the outlook client tool.

"ulyses_96" <ulyses96@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a question too:  do we need to apply the patch KB926666 on the
> exchange server or do we get to choose between running 926666 or running
> the
> Update tool 930879 .   I read the articles concering these patches and
> it's
> still not clear to me.
> --
> ulyses96
>

> "Dave Goldman [MSFT]" wrote:
>
>> Hey Jim, I have a thread going on internally about this.
>>
>> --
>> rights.
>>
>> Dgoldman
>> http://blogs.msdn.com/dgoldman
>>

>> "Terry Ball" <terry.v.ball@hitchcock.org> wrote in message
>> > We are going through the DST changes here this weekend and it is a
>> > PAIN.
>> > We have over 600 Public Folders that we are having to update manually.
>> >
>> > BEWARE!!!!!
>> >
>> > If you use the tool built into MS Outlook 7, it will update all
>> > calendar
>> > items regardless of the date.  Some of our calendars have over 6000
>> > appointments and the tool in Outllok 7 tries to update them ALL.
>> >
>> > If you run the TZMove.msi file, it only updates the affected
>> > appointments,
>> > NOT ALL OF THEM!!!!!
>> >
>> > Of course Microsoft neglected to mention that in all of their
>> > documentation on this issue.
>> >
>> > Thanks Microsoft for another omission of critical information!  Your
>> > the
>> > best!
>> >

>> > Terry Ball

0
Dgoldman9268 (137)
2/27/2007 2:55:13 AM
Actually, the latest versions of KB930879 specify to run the Exchange tool
(930879) then apply KB926666.

"Dave Goldman [MSFT]" wrote:

> You will want to install 926666 and then you have the option of running the
> update tool for exchange and OR the outlook client tool.

> Dgoldman
> http://blogs.msdn.com/dgoldman
>

> "ulyses_96" <ulyses96@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have a question too:  do we need to apply the patch KB926666 on the
> > exchange server or do we get to choose between running 926666 or running
> > the
> > Update tool 930879 .   I read the articles concering these patches and
> > it's
> > still not clear to me.
> > --
> > ulyses96
> >

> > "Dave Goldman [MSFT]" wrote:
> >
> >> Hey Jim, I have a thread going on internally about this.
> >>
> >> --
> >> rights.
> >>
> >> Dgoldman
> >> http://blogs.msdn.com/dgoldman
> >>

> >> "Terry Ball" <terry.v.ball@hitchcock.org> wrote in message

0
LoganBurt (19)
2/27/2007 2:53:21 PM
Which one is it?

Run KB930879 first then KB926666
or
Run KB926666 then KB930879?

Can someone clarify this?

Mike

"Logan Burt" wrote:

> Actually, the latest versions of KB930879 specify to run the Exchange tool
> (930879) then apply KB926666.
>
> "Dave Goldman [MSFT]" wrote:
>
> > You will want to install 926666 and then you have the option of running the
> > update tool for exchange and OR the outlook client tool.
> >
> > --
> >
> > Dgoldman
> > http://blogs.msdn.com/dgoldman
> >

> > "ulyses_96" <ulyses96@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > >I have a question too:  do we need to apply the patch KB926666 on the
> > > exchange server or do we get to choose between running 926666 or running
> > > the
> > > Update tool 930879 .   I read the articles concering these patches and
> > > it's
> > > still not clear to me.
> > > --
> > > ulyses96

0
Mike1154 (1216)
2/27/2007 8:50:10 PM
Run KB930879 then KB926666.  If you have already installed KB926666,
uninstall it then run KB 930879, the install KB926666 again.

BTW, KB931836 must be installed on both the Exchange server and the
workstation from which you are running KB930879 prior to any on this.

"Mike" wrote:

> Which one is it?
>
> Run KB930879 first then KB926666
> or
> Run KB926666 then KB930879?
>
> Can someone clarify this?
>
> Mike
>

> "Logan Burt" wrote:
>
> > Actually, the latest versions of KB930879 specify to run the Exchange tool
> > (930879) then apply KB926666.
> >
> > "Dave Goldman [MSFT]" wrote:
> >
> > > You will want to install 926666 and then you have the option of running the
> > > update tool for exchange and OR the outlook client tool.
> > >
> > > --
> > > This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
> > >
> > > Dgoldman
> > > http://blogs.msdn.com/dgoldman
> > >

> > > "ulyses_96" <ulyses96@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
LoganBurt (19)
2/28/2007 3:29:06 PM
On Feb 28, 10:29 am, Logan Burt <LoganB...@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:
> Run KB930879 then KB926666.  If you have already installed KB926666,
> uninstall it then run KB 930879, the install KB926666 again.
>
> BTW, KB931836 must be installed on both the Exchange server and the
> workstation from which you are running KB930879 prior to any on this.

Uh, what if you've already done everything according to the "old"
recommended order? Meaning, we patched the OS on the Exchange server,
installed KB92666 (Update for DST 2007 for Exchange 2003+SP2), then
ran KB930879 (Exchange Calendar Update tool). What are the
ramifications of that?

- RAM

0
rmilbrand (41)
3/1/2007 3:38:45 PM
I would guess your OWA created calendar entries.

Originally, CDO before calendar update tool. Then, CDO before calendar
update tool UNLESS you had a large community of OWA calendaring folks. In
that case, calendar update then CDO.

Now, calendar update then CDO.

Think about this: What if Congress reviews the (energy) impact of this
year's changed dates and decides to adjust them again next year???? Fun stuff.

I had less trouble with Y2K changes back in my dinosaur days!

"RAM" wrote:

> On Feb 28, 10:29 am, Logan Burt <LoganB...@discussions.microsoft.com>
> wrote:
> > Run KB930879 then KB926666.  If you have already installed KB926666,
> > uninstall it then run KB 930879, the install KB926666 again.
> >
> > BTW, KB931836 must be installed on both the Exchange server and the
> > workstation from which you are running KB930879 prior to any on this.
> >

> Uh, what if you've already done everything according to the "old"
> recommended order? Meaning, we patched the OS on the Exchange server,
> installed KB92666 (Update for DST 2007 for Exchange 2003+SP2), then
> ran KB930879 (Exchange Calendar Update tool). What are the
> ramifications of that?
>
> - RAM

0
REHilliard (10)

How to add the show time for Tooltip control
I want to add the show time (for example 5 minutes) or alway show tip until mouse leave the control, but seem the tooltip control can not do that. Thank you To have the ToolTip visible remain until the user moves the mouse off the control, use the Show method of the ToolTip control to show the tool tip when teh mouse enters the control, and use the Hide method to remove the ToolTip when the mouse leaves the control. "yxq" <gayxq@163.net> wrote in message news:OmHVbzreKHA.6096@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... >I want to add the show time (for example 5 minutes) ...

Totaling how many times a specific word is listed in a spreadsheet
I have a very large spreadsheet that list various projects completed and the county in which it was completed for. I need a the total number of projects completed for each county which is always changing. How can I get a total without manually counting? On Tue, 29 Jun 2004 13:38:02 -0700, "Cindy" <Cindy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a very large spreadsheet that list various projects completed and the county in which it was completed for. I need a the total number of projects completed for each county which is always changing. How can I get a total without ...

Must buy new computer...Ideas?

How to add up separate periods of time in Excel
Greetings. I am a NYC criminal attorney who uses Excel for a lot of my case-management. I've recently found that formula that allows you to calculate the time between two dates ("=YEAR(I45)-YEAR(R45)- IF(OR(MONTH(I45)<MONTH(R45),AND(MONTH(I45)=MONTH(R45), DAY(I45)<DAY(R45))),1,0)&" years, "&MONTH(I45)- MONTH(R45)+IF(AND(MONTH(I45)<=MONTH(R45),DAY(I45)<DAY(R45)), 11,IF(AND(MONTH(I45)<MONTH(R45),DAY(I45)>=DAY(R45)), 12,IF(AND(MONTH(I45)>MONTH(R45),DAY(I45)<DAY(R45)),-1)))&" months, "&I45-DATE(YEAR(I45),MONTH(I45)-IF(DAY(I45)...

Default properties for new folders

Time to text conversion
I have Mac's version of Office (Office 2004), but it shouldn't matter.. The problem: I have a column in a table containing times (for some events). Data found in the cells looks like this: 1) "20:00 2) "20:00/22:00" (starting/ending time) Excel has automatically formated type 1 cells as "time", and type 2 cells as "text". I need all the cells to be formatted as "text". How? If i change the formatting of a cell, it displays something like "0.833333" (20.00 divided by 24). The only solution I came out with is copying the whole co...

New Email Messages

New Location/New setup

How do I activate the new mail button

Can a front-end server be a bridgehead at the same time?
Is such a configuration even recommended? (Personally, I don't see why not.) Thanks. On Thu, 16 Jun 2005 17:34:23 GMT, "jdee" <jdee@trunk.net> wrote: >Is such a configuration even recommended? > >(Personally, I don't see why not.) > >Thanks. > it's fine, it's supported, it's recommended. Yar. Do it all the time. Just remember you need to leave that first storage group & mailstore up and running. -- Thanks, Brian Desmond Windows Server MVP www.briandesmond.com "jdee" <jdee@trunk.net> wrote in message news:zK...

Style available all sheets new or old

Adding new pages

New messages comes up in Deleted folder

New User has admin rights

Creating new row in other table
Dear All, Please teach me, how to make a new row/list in other table by entering number in other table. Sample, In the table A and in the field "Details", I put the number 2 and it automatically creates two rows in table B. Can this be done in MS Access? Thank you for your help. Regards, Maulwy Why? What business need are you attempting to solve with this approach? It's generally considered not very good database design to be creating 'empty' rows in a second table. Why do you want empty rows? And if the number you enter in TableA is a 'limit&...

AP
What would be the best tool to add a new field in the AP invoice screen to deploy to a client? Extender? Modifier? the ideal would be to add a field for "Job No." that is text info so the user can get some info out on certain jobs that they are paying bills for. thanks -- Linda W. Linda, You can use any tool, really, to accomplish this: - Modifier with VBA. You can add the fields to the window with Modifier, then use VBA and ADO or DUOS to store and retrieve the data. - Modifier with Dexterity. You can add the fields with Modifier, then trigger off the form with Dex...

REMOVAL OF TOOL BARS
I NEED HELP ON HOW TO REMOVE "Hot" tool bars from outlook express.. This bar was downloaded to add emoticons and was downloaded by mistake. please advise Go to Control Panels and choose Add/Remove programs. You should be able to uninstall it there. It might be called MyWebSearch, HotBar, or one of several other names. -- Patricia Cardoza Outlook MVP http://blogs.officezealot.com/cardoza/ Author, Special Edition Using Microsoft Outlook 2003 Author, Absolute Beginner's Guide to OneNote 2003 Lead Author, Access 2003 VBA Programmer's Reference ***Please post all replies ...

Button "New Account" in Sub-Accountsview opens Parent account
When I open an account, and then go to the subaccounts of that account, I click on the Button "New Account" to create a new subaccount for this account. Instead of opening a new account form, the application opens the original Account form. Anybody an idea how this is possible? Regards, Sanne groenhof -- MSCRM, hosted as ASP, and configured for your business. Sanne, Have you installed any specific toolbars in your Internet Explorer? Like google toolbar/msn toolbar? -- Rob Bakkers, Avanade Netherlands "Sanne" wrote: > When I open an account, and then go to...

Time settings get lost when Chart animation for diagramms are used
Through chart animations it is possible to define timing effects for specific elements within a diagramm. So lets say you choose the Chart animation "By Category" for you diagramm and your diagramm has 4 Categories. Now when I configure the timing for the first three categories with the Option "With Previous" and the last one by the next mouse click, everything works as expectet. But as soon as you try to open the diagramm in excel through a double click, all the time settings previously set, are lost and all 4 categories come up again at the same time. Doe...