New DST Questions

I have one Exchange 2003 server and 50 Outlook 2003 clients on XP.

In 20 words or less, can someone tell me what I need to run, and when I need
to run it?
0
dlw (166)

On Feb 8, 3:02 pm, dlw <d...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> I have one Exchange 2003 server and 50 Outlook 2003 clients on XP.
>
> In 20 words or less, can someone tell me what I need to run, and when I need
> to run it?

Short answer: no.  The DST changes are complex and require some
legwork and decisions before you even perform the first patching.  You
should go to the Microsoft DST web page (http://www.microsoft.com/
dst2007) and fully read everything there as there will need to be some
decisions to make based off of your situation.

The basic path we're taking is:

1 - patch client OS's
2 - patch all windows servers OS's
3 - patch exchange CDO
4 - run server based rebasing tool against all mailboxes to fix re-
occuring meetings *only*
5 - communicate to users about time differences in their single
instance meetings/appointments for the extended DST period and give
them options to fix them

0
subsoniq (10)
2/9/2007 12:06:09 AM
Here is a short and sweet look at install/work order...

1) DST Update for Windows operating system (client & server)
   http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928388

2) DST Update for Exchange 2003 SP2
   http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=926666

NOTE: If your site has a Blackberry server and/or shared mailboxes and you
never applied a hotfix after SP2 for Exchange 2003 that updates the
"store.exe" file, pay attention to "important" link right at the top of the
article before applying this update.

3) Once the above is done at this point, you have a choice.

Exchange Calendar Update Tool
 http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=930879

or

Outlook Calendar Update Tool
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/931667/

"dlw" <dlw@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have one Exchange 2003 server and 50 Outlook 2003 clients on XP.
>
> In 20 words or less, can someone tell me what I need to run, and when I
> need
> to run it?

0
Neo (372)
2/9/2007 12:14:17 AM
I plan on following this plan but I have a problem.  If I don't have extended
support and can't get the patch for Exchange 2000, but I do have the Server
OS patch and the Outlook tool (since I plan to change the calendars on the
Outlook 2000 clients instead of Exchange), what problems can I expect?

"neo [mvp outlook]" wrote:

> Here is a short and sweet look at install/work order...
>
> 1) DST Update for Windows operating system (client & server)
>    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928388
>
> 2) DST Update for Exchange 2003 SP2
>    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=926666
>
> NOTE: If your site has a Blackberry server and/or shared mailboxes and you
> never applied a hotfix after SP2 for Exchange 2003 that updates the
> "store.exe" file, pay attention to "important" link right at the top of the
> article before applying this update.
>

> 3) Once the above is done at this point, you have a choice.
>
> Exchange Calendar Update Tool
>  http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=930879
>
> or
>
> Outlook Calendar Update Tool
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/931667/
>

> "dlw" <dlw@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have one Exchange 2003 server and 50 Outlook 2003 clients on XP.
> >
> > In 20 words or less, can someone tell me what I need to run, and when I
> > need
> > to run it?

0
neil7418 (200)
2/9/2007 2:19:00 PM
The patch for Exchange 2000 is available to you from Microsoft for $4,000.
That may or may not be a good choice for you.

Anything using CDO will be messed up without the Exchange patch. OWA,
Blackberry Enterprise Servers, GoodLink Messaging and many third-party
products.

If you don't have any of those, your users may not notice anything then.

Ray

"Neil" <Neil@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I plan on following this plan but I have a problem.  If I don't have
>extended
> support and can't get the patch for Exchange 2000, but I do have the
> Server
> OS patch and the Outlook tool (since I plan to change the calendars on the
> Outlook 2000 clients instead of Exchange), what problems can I expect?
>

> "neo [mvp outlook]" wrote:
>
>> Here is a short and sweet look at install/work order...
>>
>> 1) DST Update for Windows operating system (client & server)
>>    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928388
>>
>> 2) DST Update for Exchange 2003 SP2
>>    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=926666
>>
>> NOTE: If your site has a Blackberry server and/or shared mailboxes and
>> you
>> never applied a hotfix after SP2 for Exchange 2003 that updates the
>> "store.exe" file, pay attention to "important" link right at the top of
>> the
>> article before applying this update.
>>

>> 3) Once the above is done at this point, you have a choice.
>>
>> Exchange Calendar Update Tool
>>  http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=930879
>>
>> or
>>
>> Outlook Calendar Update Tool
>> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/931667/
>>

>> "dlw" <dlw@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I have one Exchange 2003 server and 50 Outlook 2003 clients on XP.
>> >
>> > In 20 words or less, can someone tell me what I need to run, and when I
>> > need
>> > to run it?

0
Ray
2/9/2007 3:30:33 PM
I do use Outlook Web Access.  Do you know what kind of problems I could run
into with it?  Will it not work at all, or will just the calendar entries be
messed up?  Thanks!

"Ray" wrote:

> The patch for Exchange 2000 is available to you from Microsoft for $4,000.
> That may or may not be a good choice for you.
>
> Anything using CDO will be messed up without the Exchange patch. OWA,
> Blackberry Enterprise Servers, GoodLink Messaging and many third-party
> products.
>
> If you don't have any of those, your users may not notice anything then.
>
> Ray
>
> "Neil" <Neil@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I plan on following this plan but I have a problem.  If I don't have
> >extended
> > support and can't get the patch for Exchange 2000, but I do have the
> > Server
> > OS patch and the Outlook tool (since I plan to change the calendars on the
> > Outlook 2000 clients instead of Exchange), what problems can I expect?
> >

> > "neo [mvp outlook]" wrote:
> >
> >> Here is a short and sweet look at install/work order...
> >>
> >> 1) DST Update for Windows operating system (client & server)
> >>    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928388
> >>
> >> 2) DST Update for Exchange 2003 SP2
> >>    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=926666
> >>
> >> NOTE: If your site has a Blackberry server and/or shared mailboxes and
> >> you
> >> never applied a hotfix after SP2 for Exchange 2003 that updates the
> >> "store.exe" file, pay attention to "important" link right at the top of
> >> the
> >> article before applying this update.
> >>

> >> 3) Once the above is done at this point, you have a choice.
> >>
> >> Exchange Calendar Update Tool
> >>  http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=930879
> >>
> >> or
> >>
> >> Outlook Calendar Update Tool
> >> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/931667/
> >>

> >> "dlw" <dlw@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
neil7418 (200)
2/9/2007 3:43:00 PM
Supposedly any time stamps on emails will be off by an hour, calendar items
will be off by an hour, and calendar items CREATED on OWA for use during the
extended DST periods will be sent to attendees and recipients with an hour
difference between what shows on the OWA calendar and what they actually
receive.

>I do use Outlook Web Access.  Do you know what kind of problems I could run
> into with it?  Will it not work at all, or will just the calendar entries
> be
> messed up?  Thanks!
>
> "Ray" wrote:
>
>> The patch for Exchange 2000 is available to you from Microsoft for
>> $4,000.
>> That may or may not be a good choice for you.
>>
>> Anything using CDO will be messed up without the Exchange patch. OWA,
>> Blackberry Enterprise Servers, GoodLink Messaging and many third-party
>> products.
>>
>> If you don't have any of those, your users may not notice anything then.
>>
>> Ray
>>
>> "Neil" <Neil@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I plan on following this plan but I have a problem.  If I don't have
>> >extended
>> > support and can't get the patch for Exchange 2000, but I do have the
>> > Server
>> > OS patch and the Outlook tool (since I plan to change the calendars on
>> > the
>> > Outlook 2000 clients instead of Exchange), what problems can I expect?

0
Ray
2/9/2007 5:02:10 PM
It will work, you'll just have meetings at the wrong time in some
situations.

"Neil" <Neil@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I do use Outlook Web Access.  Do you know what kind of problems I could run
> into with it?  Will it not work at all, or will just the calendar entries
> be
> messed up?  Thanks!
>
> "Ray" wrote:
>
>> The patch for Exchange 2000 is available to you from Microsoft for
>> $4,000.
>> That may or may not be a good choice for you.
>>
>> Anything using CDO will be messed up without the Exchange patch. OWA,
>> Blackberry Enterprise Servers, GoodLink Messaging and many third-party
>> products.
>>
>> If you don't have any of those, your users may not notice anything then.
>>
>> Ray
>>
>> "Neil" <Neil@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I plan on following this plan but I have a problem.  If I don't have
>> >extended
>> > support and can't get the patch for Exchange 2000, but I do have the
>> > Server
>> > OS patch and the Outlook tool (since I plan to change the calendars on
>> > the
>> > Outlook 2000 clients instead of Exchange), what problems can I expect?

0
awebb7472 (650)
2/10/2007 3:26:23 AM
We are having a hard time understanding why either the Exchange Calendar
Update Tool or the Outlook Calendar Update Tool are required at all in our
environment.

We have one Exchange Server 2003 SP2 of which we have applied the DST Update
for Exchange 2003 SP2.  On one of our XP workstations, I created an
appointment for 9:00, unconnected the network connection so that I could
modify my date and time otherwise it would sync up with the DC, change the
time to one hour ahead, opened outlook, and the calendar appointment was not
an hour behind.  If I change my system clock to be 2 months ahead even,
opening outlook opens at the same date and time as my XP OS system time.

Why do we need to run some sort of tool either on Exchange or on the client?

"neo [mvp outlook]" wrote:

> Here is a short and sweet look at install/work order...
>
> 1) DST Update for Windows operating system (client & server)
>    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928388
>
> 2) DST Update for Exchange 2003 SP2
>    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=926666
>
> NOTE: If your site has a Blackberry server and/or shared mailboxes and you
> never applied a hotfix after SP2 for Exchange 2003 that updates the
> "store.exe" file, pay attention to "important" link right at the top of the
> article before applying this update.
>

> 3) Once the above is done at this point, you have a choice.
>
> Exchange Calendar Update Tool
>  http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=930879
>
> or
>
> Outlook Calendar Update Tool
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/931667/
>

> "dlw" <dlw@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have one Exchange 2003 server and 50 Outlook 2003 clients on XP.
> >
> > In 20 words or less, can someone tell me what I need to run, and when I
> > need
> > to run it?

On Mon, 12 Feb 2007 13:15:00 -0800, Carol Deavy
<CarolDeavy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>We are having a hard time understanding why either the Exchange Calendar
>Update Tool or the Outlook Calendar Update Tool are required at all in our
>environment.
>

>We have one Exchange Server 2003 SP2 of which we have applied the DST Update
>for Exchange 2003 SP2.  On one of our XP workstations, I created an
>appointment for 9:00, unconnected the network connection so that I could
>modify my date and time otherwise it would sync up with the DC, change the
>time to one hour ahead, opened outlook, and the calendar appointment was not
>an hour behind.  If I change my system clock to be 2 months ahead even,
>opening outlook opens at the same date and time as my XP OS system time.

Is the client OS already patched? If so, then any appt created now
will be correct. Its the appts created befire the patches in the
affected delta period that need to updated with the tool.

>Why do we need to run some sort of tool either on Exchange or on the client?
>

>"neo [mvp outlook]" wrote:
>
>> Here is a short and sweet look at install/work order...
>>
>> 1) DST Update for Windows operating system (client & server)
>>    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928388
>>
>> 2) DST Update for Exchange 2003 SP2
>>    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=926666
>>
>> NOTE: If your site has a Blackberry server and/or shared mailboxes and you
>> never applied a hotfix after SP2 for Exchange 2003 that updates the
>> "store.exe" file, pay attention to "important" link right at the top of the
>> article before applying this update.
>>

>> 3) Once the above is done at this point, you have a choice.
>>
>> Exchange Calendar Update Tool
>>  http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=930879
>>
>> or
>>
>> Outlook Calendar Update Tool
>> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/931667/
>>

>> "dlw" <dlw@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I have one Exchange 2003 server and 50 Outlook 2003 clients on XP.
>> >
>> > In 20 words or less, can someone tell me what I need to run, and when I
>> > need
>> > to run it?

0
adavid (8731)
2/12/2007 9:23:19 PM
Hello Andy,

You replied:

Is the client OS already patched? If so, then any appt created now
will be correct. Its the appts created befire the patches in the
affected delta period that need to updated with the tool.

I'm still confused as the client I performed the simple test was not patched
and did not have any issues when I pushed the time ahead.  The Outlook
calendar seems to be in sync with what ever time and date I set on the XP
workstation...

"Andy David {MVP}" wrote:

> On Mon, 12 Feb 2007 13:15:00 -0800, Carol Deavy
> <CarolDeavy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >We are having a hard time understanding why either the Exchange Calendar
> >Update Tool or the Outlook Calendar Update Tool are required at all in our
> >environment.
> >

> >We have one Exchange Server 2003 SP2 of which we have applied the DST Update
> >for Exchange 2003 SP2.  On one of our XP workstations, I created an
> >appointment for 9:00, unconnected the network connection so that I could
> >modify my date and time otherwise it would sync up with the DC, change the
> >time to one hour ahead, opened outlook, and the calendar appointment was not
> >an hour behind.  If I change my system clock to be 2 months ahead even,
> >opening outlook opens at the same date and time as my XP OS system time.
>
> Is the client OS already patched? If so, then any appt created now
> will be correct. Its the appts created befire the patches in the
> affected delta period that need to updated with the tool.
>

> >Why do we need to run some sort of tool either on Exchange or on the client?
> >

> >"neo [mvp outlook]" wrote:
> >
> >> Here is a short and sweet look at install/work order...
> >>
> >> 1) DST Update for Windows operating system (client & server)
> >>    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928388
> >>
> >> 2) DST Update for Exchange 2003 SP2
> >>    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=926666
> >>
> >> NOTE: If your site has a Blackberry server and/or shared mailboxes and you
> >> never applied a hotfix after SP2 for Exchange 2003 that updates the
> >> "store.exe" file, pay attention to "important" link right at the top of the
> >> article before applying this update.
> >>

> >> 3) Once the above is done at this point, you have a choice.
> >>
> >> Exchange Calendar Update Tool
> >>  http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=930879
> >>
> >> or
> >>
> >> Outlook Calendar Update Tool
> >> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/931667/
> >>

> >> "dlw" <dlw@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

If you pushed the time ahead 2 months, the time would be correct.

What happens if you view the time of a meeting created for 3/12?

"Carol Deavy" <CarolDeavy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello Andy,
>
> You replied:
>
> Is the client OS already patched? If so, then any appt created now
> will be correct. Its the appts created befire the patches in the
> affected delta period that need to updated with the tool.
>
> I'm still confused as the client I performed the simple test was not
> patched
> and did not have any issues when I pushed the time ahead.  The Outlook
> calendar seems to be in sync with what ever time and date I set on the XP
> workstation...
>
> "Andy David {MVP}" wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 12 Feb 2007 13:15:00 -0800, Carol Deavy
>> <CarolDeavy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>>
>> >We are having a hard time understanding why either the Exchange Calendar
>> >Update Tool or the Outlook Calendar Update Tool are required at all in
>> >our
>> >environment.
>> >

>> >We have one Exchange Server 2003 SP2 of which we have applied the DST
>> >Update
>> >for Exchange 2003 SP2.  On one of our XP workstations, I created an
>> >appointment for 9:00, unconnected the network connection so that I could
>> >modify my date and time otherwise it would sync up with the DC, change
>> >the
>> >time to one hour ahead, opened outlook, and the calendar appointment was
>> >not
>> >an hour behind.  If I change my system clock to be 2 months ahead even,
>> >opening outlook opens at the same date and time as my XP OS system time.
>>
>> Is the client OS already patched? If so, then any appt created now
>> will be correct. Its the appts created befire the patches in the
>> affected delta period that need to updated with the tool.
>>

>> >Why do we need to run some sort of tool either on Exchange or on the
>> >client?

0
awebb7472 (650)
2/13/2007 12:18:02 AM
Thank you Andy.  You are absolutely correct ...as I'm sure you probably new
you would be ;-)

My test today consisted of creating a meeting for March 12th, disconnecting
from the newtwork, applying the XP DST patch, changing my system clock to
March 12th, opening outlook to find the meeting is now an hour later than
orginally configured.

What a pain because at a glance the literature for using the Exchange tool
to update mailboxes is not pretty and providing users with the outlook tool
will not function in an environment such as ours whereby users do not do IT
related tasks (either cause they simply ignor the requests to perform certain
items or simply because they are unable to follow instructions).

We have not yet run the Exchange tool, have you successfully?  Any pointers
or recommendations?

"andy webb" wrote:

> If you pushed the time ahead 2 months, the time would be correct.
>
> What happens if you view the time of a meeting created for 3/12?
>

> "Carol Deavy" <CarolDeavy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hello Andy,
> >
> > You replied:
> >
> > Is the client OS already patched? If so, then any appt created now
> > will be correct. Its the appts created befire the patches in the
> > affected delta period that need to updated with the tool.
> >
> > I'm still confused as the client I performed the simple test was not
> > patched
> > and did not have any issues when I pushed the time ahead.  The Outlook
> > calendar seems to be in sync with what ever time and date I set on the XP
> > workstation...
> >
> > "Andy David {MVP}" wrote:

> >> Is the client OS already patched? If so, then any appt created now
> >> will be correct. Its the appts created befire the patches in the
> >> affected delta period that need to updated with the tool.

Pointers:
1. run the windows patch on the server and push to the desktops
2. run the exchange patch on the server
3. push the outlook patch to the desktops
4. use the server-side tool to rebase the appointments
5. do all of the above in as short a period of time as possible.
6. resource accounts are a mess.

i don't like the option of pushing the action to the users.  the alternative
is running all of the above as fast as you can.  if you go slow, then some
of the users' stuff will be created in a way that it shouldn't be moved.  As
soon as you enter a situation where some should be rebased and some not, you
/must/ use the outlook tool rather than the server tool, even if you have to
run it centrally on behalf of the users.

> Thank you Andy.  You are absolutely correct ...as I'm sure you probably
> new
> you would be ;-)
>
> My test today consisted of creating a meeting for March 12th,
> disconnecting
> from the newtwork, applying the XP DST patch, changing my system clock to
> March 12th, opening outlook to find the meeting is now an hour later than
> orginally configured.
>
> What a pain because at a glance the literature for using the Exchange tool
> to update mailboxes is not pretty and providing users with the outlook
> tool
> will not function in an environment such as ours whereby users do not do
> IT
> related tasks (either cause they simply ignor the requests to perform
> certain
> items or simply because they are unable to follow instructions).
>
> We have not yet run the Exchange tool, have you successfully?  Any
> pointers
> or recommendations?
>

> "andy webb" wrote:
>
>> If you pushed the time ahead 2 months, the time would be correct.
>>
>> What happens if you view the time of a meeting created for 3/12?
>>

>> "Carol Deavy" <CarolDeavy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Hello Andy,
>> >
>> > You replied:
>> >
>> > Is the client OS already patched? If so, then any appt created now
>> > will be correct. Its the appts created befire the patches in the
>> > affected delta period that need to updated with the tool.
>> >
>> > I'm still confused as the client I performed the simple test was not
>> > patched
>> > and did not have any issues when I pushed the time ahead.  The Outlook
>> > calendar seems to be in sync with what ever time and date I set on the
>> > XP
>> > workstation...

0
awebb7472 (650)
2/14/2007 7:03:08 AM
On Feb 14, 2:03 am, "andy webb" <a...@swinc.com.spamsucks.com> wrote:
> Pointers:
> 1. run the windows patch on the server and push to the desktops
> 2. run the exchange patch on the server
> 3. push the outlook patch to the desktops
> 4. use the server-side tool to rebase the appointments
> 5. do all of the above in as short a period of time as possible.
> 6. resource accounts are a mess.
>
> i don't like the option of pushing the action to the users.  the alternative
> is running all of the above as fast as you can.  if you go slow, then some
> of the users' stuff will be created in a way that it shouldn't be moved.  As
> soon as you enter a situation where some should be rebased and some not, you
> /must/ use the outlook tool rather than the server tool, even if you have to
> run it centrally on behalf of the users.
>
> "Carol Deavy" <CarolDe...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> > Thank you Andy.  You are absolutely correct ...as I'm sure you probably
> > new
> > you would be ;-)
>
> > My test today consisted of creating a meeting for March 12th,
> > disconnecting
> > from the newtwork, applying the XP DST patch, changing my system clock to
> > March 12th, opening outlook to find the meeting is now an hour later than
> > orginally configured.
>
> > What a pain because at a glance the literature for using the Exchange tool
> > to update mailboxes is not pretty and providing users with the outlook
> > tool
> > will not function in an environment such as ours whereby users do not do
> > IT
> > related tasks (either cause they simply ignor the requests to perform
> > certain
> > items or simply because they are unable to follow instructions).
>
> > We have not yet run the Exchange tool, have you successfully?  Any
> > pointers
> > or recommendations?
>
> > "andy webb" wrote:
>
> >> If you pushed the time ahead 2 months, the time would be correct.
>
> >> What happens if you view the time of a meeting created for 3/12?
>
> >> "Carol Deavy" <CarolDe...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Hi Everyone,

Now that both the Server and Workstation DST patches are available
through WSUS, what are the ramifications of installing those patches
now (or in the next couple days), but waiting to do the Exchange/CDO
patch and Outlook Updater Tool closer to March 11th?  I would like to
get the servers and workstations knocked out if it won't mess up
anything.

As far as the Outlook Updater took is concerned...

Our information store is HUGE (and we only have 59 users) - some
mailboxes are 6 GB.  I am worried that running the updater tool from
Exchange could take a long time, so we are thinking of  giving our
users the option of us running the Outlook tool for them OR them
manually updating their calendar entries themselves.

If they update their calendars manually, will they only need to update
appointments that fall into the 3 week extended period (both spring
and fall)?  Or ALL calendar entries from March 11th on?

Has anyone already done all of their updating/patching, etc.?  If so,
I would be interested to hear your feedback.  What about BES and
Blackberry devices?  Anyone have anything to share on that front?

Thank you!!

Tara

0
TSBallard (6)
2/21/2007 5:43:13 PM
Hello Tara,

We have updated the Server OS, XP OS, deployed the Outlook -tzmove - for the
users to update their own appointments.

Since this was all required rather quickly and there wasn't much time, we
didn't deploy the patch for outlook which is supposed to clear up some of the
issues with respect to users attempt to update their own calendar.

So far, there have been reported problems with a few of the users who
attempted to update their calendars and/or other calendars as they are admin
assistants but I don't have much more to let you know at this time as there
is a good chance users ignored (as usual) running the tool and will be
screeming come the following three weeks!

My suggestion is to remind people that they need to follow up with all
meetings and confirm if they want to ensure everyone is going to be there.
Has everyone forgotten how to use the phone? ;-)

"TSBallard@gmail.com" wrote:

> [...]
> get the servers and workstations knocked out if it won't mess up
> anything.
>
> As far as the Outlook Updater took is concerned...
>
> Our information store is HUGE (and we only have 59 users) - some
> mailboxes are 6 GB.  I am worried that running the updater tool from
> Exchange could take a long time, so we are thinking of  giving our
> users the option of us running the Outlook tool for them OR them
> manually updating their calendar entries themselves.
>
> If they update their calendars manually, will they only need to update
> appointments that fall into the 3 week extended period (both spring
> and fall)?  Or ALL calendar entries from March 11th on?
>
> Has anyone already done all of their updating/patching, etc.?  If so,
> I would be interested to hear your feedback.  What about BES and
> Blackberry devices?  Anyone have anything to share on that front?

Must buy new computer...Ideas?

Group By
I have a view which uses group by - containing 2 aggragate functions, Sum() and Count(). What I want to do is include in my Select portion of my view , a column that I do not want to be included in the Group by. Is there a simple way to do this? Example: Select A.Field1,B.Field2,A.Field3,A.Field4,A.Field5,Sum(Field2),Count(*) From tablename A Left Outer Join Tablename2 B on B.Rec_ID = A.Rec_ID Group by A.Field1, B.Field2 A.Field3 A.Field4 (Note: In this case A.Field5 is EXCLUDED in the Group by) Your help is greatly appreciated. -Ray Field2 is in the ...

Default properties for new folders

New Email Messages

New Location/New setup

ChartLabeler Question??
I have been using the ChartLabeler from appspro.com that by the way it is fantastic!!!!!!. in all my charts to add difference kind of labels However, I have noticed that every time I have new data to load in my chart the chartlabeler does not update automatically the new points loaded in the graph. I have more than 30 graphs in this file and I have to add the label again to each graph to get the new point with the label. Do you know if there is any way to automate this chartlabeler? I will appreciate you helping with this matter. Maperalia ...

Database-design question
I'm designing a database which tracks people's experience and preference for working abroad. People apply at least for one or more categories of jobs and sometimes they also have preferences for certain countries for those categories. I'm thinking about the following many-table for preferences: ID_preference ID_person ID_category ID_country Btw: If they change their preferences I don't need to keep the former preferences. For experience and current or future workplace I'm thinking about a table like: ID_experience ID_person ID_category ID_country Da...

How do I activate the new mail button

Style available all sheets new or old

Named Range Question
If naming a range, Excel 2003 and 2007, I usually clcik the Name box, type the name and press Enter. I then select the name from the Name box drop-down Someone just noticed that if you use GoTo to select the named range, after the first or second time in doing this, and absolute reference to a cell not within the named range is also present in the GoTo dialog box. I have never seen this before.Can some please explain why the reference to the unrelated cell. This is the "go back to cell" You are in B5 and use GoTo to move to cell named Total Now you move to H1 and call up Go...

Adding new pages

Front End Services Question
I was going through one of my books and came across advise that Exchange Management, MTA Stack, and Routing Engine should be set to disabled on then front end server. I had never heard of this. Has anyone else? Fred T2 http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/guides/E2k3SecHardGuide/e466094f-c287-4498-aa2b-8845d107f8f3.mspx -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT www.zenprise.com blog: www.suneja.com/blog ----------------------------------- "FredT2" <Fredt2@mail.com> wrote in message news:%23OJ5hSZAGHA.3496@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... >I was going through one of m...

New messages comes up in Deleted folder

New User has admin rights

Creating new row in other table
Dear All, Please teach me, how to make a new row/list in other table by entering number in other table. Sample, In the table A and in the field "Details", I put the number 2 and it automatically creates two rows in table B. Can this be done in MS Access? Thank you for your help. Regards, Maulwy Why? What business need are you attempting to solve with this approach? It's generally considered not very good database design to be creating 'empty' rows in a second table. Why do you want empty rows? And if the number you enter in TableA is a 'limit&...

AP
What would be the best tool to add a new field in the AP invoice screen to deploy to a client? Extender? Modifier? the ideal would be to add a field for "Job No." that is text info so the user can get some info out on certain jobs that they are paying bills for. thanks -- Linda W. Linda, You can use any tool, really, to accomplish this: - Modifier with VBA. You can add the fields to the window with Modifier, then use VBA and ADO or DUOS to store and retrieve the data. - Modifier with Dexterity. You can add the fields with Modifier, then trigger off the form with Dex...

Button "New Account" in Sub-Accountsview opens Parent account
When I open an account, and then go to the subaccounts of that account, I click on the Button "New Account" to create a new subaccount for this account. Instead of opening a new account form, the application opens the original Account form. Anybody an idea how this is possible? Regards, Sanne groenhof -- MSCRM, hosted as ASP, and configured for your business. Sanne, Have you installed any specific toolbars in your Internet Explorer? Like google toolbar/msn toolbar? -- Rob Bakkers, Avanade Netherlands "Sanne" wrote: > When I open an account, and then go to...

Equation Layout Question
Can someone make a suggestion where I can post this question please. It has to do with equation layout in Word 2010. Please see the screen shot url below: http://lh3.ggpht.com/_4Fz7Um3aXFY/S6kQVJpdZwI/AAAAAAAAARU/1T14idbS1Is/s800/equation1.JPG The Unicode medium shade character in the Microsoft Word 2010 Equation Editor seems to have the effect of making the integral sign larger. I am sure there is more going on than just that, but I am not sure what. Is there a more specialized place where I can post this question. Thank you. Try posting one question to several groups rat...

new to old
hi, A web designing company has just done us a website, and part of it includes the database of our stock. They have written/created it on access xp, but we have only got and old version of access. Can we open/use/update files written in access xp on an older version of access? thanks very much jethro Hi Jethro, It depends. By default Access 2002 (XP) uses the Access 2000 file format, so if you have Access 2000 you may be able to use the database as is. However, if the database is in the form of an mde file created by Access 2002 it will be in Access 2002 format. Otherwise (i.e. if t...