New Accounts on Exchange 2003

This week I entered two new people and the reciepent
policy is not providing the necessary email addresses.  Of
course without those, the GAL does not get updated and no
one can email them.

I have Exchange 2003 running on Server 2003 with a w2k AD.

Any suggestions for jump starting the default reciepent
policy?
0
anonymous (74722)

Omer,

Thanks for the response.

The Recipient Update Service was scheduled for once an
hour.  I changed it to every 15 minutes.

I also tried the "Update Now" feature.

For both of these, there were no events generated.
I remember setting up trace logs earlier this year for
another problem.  I am trying to find my notes to see
where I did that and maybe I can do something there.

Carl
definistions in ESM to make
>sure that the schedule is not set to Never? have you
tried to force RUS to
>update by clicking "Update now"? have you had any events?
>
>--
>
>Omer Maydan
>MCSE, Security+
>"Carl" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message
>> This week I entered two new people and the reciepent
>> policy is not providing the necessary email addresses.
Of
>> course without those, the GAL does not get updated and
no
>> one can email them.
>>
>> I have Exchange 2003 running on Server 2003 with a w2k
AD.

>> Any suggestions for jump starting the default reciepent
>> policy?
>

>.

0
anonymous (74722)
7/23/2004 1:57:29 PM
have you looked on the Recipient Update Service definistions in ESM to make
sure that the schedule is not set to Never? have you tried to force RUS to
update by clicking "Update now"? have you had any events?

--

Omer Maydan
MCSE, Security+
"Carl" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> This week I entered two new people and the reciepent
> policy is not providing the necessary email addresses.  Of
> course without those, the GAL does not get updated and no
> one can email them.
>
> I have Exchange 2003 running on Server 2003 with a w2k AD.
>
> Any suggestions for jump starting the default reciepent
> policy?

0
omermaydan (98)
7/23/2004 2:02:15 PM
you can turn on diagnostics logging on the exchange server object in ESM.
there you will have Recipient Update Service Diagnostics objects, to trace
your problem individually.
what is your domain structure? where is the exchange resides and where are
the 2 new users?

--

Omer Maydan
MCSE, Security+
> Omer,
>
> Thanks for the response.
>
> The Recipient Update Service was scheduled for once an
> hour.  I changed it to every 15 minutes.
>
> I also tried the "Update Now" feature.
>
> For both of these, there were no events generated.
> I remember setting up trace logs earlier this year for
> another problem.  I am trying to find my notes to see
> where I did that and maybe I can do something there.
>
> Carl

0
omermaydan (98)
7/23/2004 8:32:45 PM
Have you fixed the problem? I have the same thing.
0
wzwhi (1)

Must buy new computer...Ideas?

Default properties for new folders

Dynamics CRM-Accounting Pro 2007
Why is there not a connector for CRM to Account Pro 2007? Especially since there is one from CRM to business contact manager?! I thought microsofts big plan was to integrate everything, yet these two softwares, which would seem like a perfect fit to me, do not even talk to each other. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Ne...

New Email Messages

New Location/New setup

cleaning up exchange from AD?
I need to delete an exchange 2003 server and i want to make sure that = ALL references to exchange or mail management are deleted from active = directory. How can i do this? Is there some AD cleaning tool out there? Do you have other Exchange servers? As long as this is not the first Exchange server in the org, simply running Exchange setup and choosing Uninstall should do the trick for you. Otherwise, you'll probably want to look at http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/Remove-Exchange-server-entire-Exchange-organization.html and keep in mind that the schema has already been extended ...

OWA in mixed mode 5.5 and 2003 organization
Hi I have a mixed mode organization. 2 Exchange 5.5 SP4 servers and 2 Exchange 2003 servers. I instaled a Exchange 2003 front-end server in my DMZ so my external user can connect using OWA, but it's only working for Exchange 2003 users. Exchange 5.5 users gets the error : "HTTP/1.0 503 Service Unavailable" Is there any way I can publish OWA for Exchange 5.5 users in my Exchange 2003 front-end server? Thanks Isaac No, accessing a 5.5 server through a 2003 Front-end is not supported. -- Mark Fugatt Microsoft Exchange MVP www.exchangetrainer.com www.msexchange.org &quo...

How do I activate the new mail button

Style available all sheets new or old

Mass Delete of Accounts
We seem to have thousands of accts that were added that have had no activity and I would like to mass delete them (without SQL, if possible). I did a query between GL30000 and GL00100 pulling in all accts from GL0100 where there were no records in GL30000 which was a lot. I also filted on accts created before the beginning of the year. I know about Mass Modify and the ability to delete; but there isn't any rhyme or reason to the population of accts so that really isn't an option. Is there any way via Integration manager or something similar where I can delete these old, unused acct...

Word 2003 Forms (JUMP TO Fields)
I am creating a word 2003 form and was wondering if it is possible to skip fields depending on the selection in a drop down menu. ie. QUESTION: Is there a requirement for a COSHH Assessment ? DROP DOWN ANSWER-----Yes/NO If yes just go to the next field box if NO then Jump this section to another section/Field further down the form? Any takers? -- Regards Martin D It is possible, but only with a macro. The basic idea of changing which form field is "next" is discussed at http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFldsFms/SetTabOrder.htm. The macros in that article can b...

Exchange 5.5 ADC Removal Problem
I installed an exchange 2003 server. I migrated all the data and removed the last 5.5 server. When I run the Exchange Best Practices Analyzer it reports that the 5.5 server still has 2 connection agreements and the server is down and the adc cannot be located. The old server has been decommissioned, rebuilt, and re-deployed in another capacity. What can I do to resolve this? -- Go speed racer! Use AdsiEdit to remove the references to the Exch 5.5 server from AD. This article (the section on removing from AD) will point you in the right direction: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/83...

Money 2003 Deluxe Call Progress
When I attempt to update prices on line, Money appears to get hung up. The call progress window says that it is updating securities but it stays on screen and nothing is downloaded. Even when I try to cancel the call, the window will not close. The only way for me to stop the call is for me to shut Money down using ctrl-alt-delete. This happens about 75% of the time that I try to update prices. I am connected through a cable modem. You're not alone Bill. It happens to me frequently as well. Prior to 2003 version, the update was fast. Once I installed the 2003 version, it seem...

Adding new pages

New messages comes up in Deleted folder

Username Rejected on Exchange 5.5
I am using Exchange Server 5.5 and in a sudden all users in my LAN cannot receive or send e-mails. when they try to connect to the exchange server they receive the following error: There was a problem logging onto your mail server.Your User Name was rejected. Account: '<Account name>', Server: '<Server name>', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR unknown username or bad password', Port:110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC91. I've tryied some solutions, even to remove and re-install the exchange server, but no...

Send/Receive option doesn't work with Hotmail account
How do I setup outlook 2003 for automatic send/receive e-mails for hotmail account. Send/Receive groups is already schedule for automatic send/receive every 2 minutes and Inbox folder set for download headers only but it does not work with Hotmail account. Is there third party software that I can use to send/receive automatically E-mails? Note: Just reinstalled completely and updated Windows XP sp2 and Microsoft office 2003 from scratch and the same problem. Send should be automatically with hotmail. Note that you are just viewing a copy of the mailbox, so it may refresh only wh...

New User has admin rights

cannot uninstall Exchange 2000
Just finished a migration from Exchange 2007 to Exchange 2000, and I'm not able to uninstall Exchange 2000 from the old server to demote it gracefully. I realize I can manually uninstall, but I'm trying to avoid that if possible to keep it clean. The error I'm getting is: Setup encountered an error while checking prerequisites for the component "Microsoft Exchange 2000": 0x80072030 (8240): There is no such object on the server. The bottom portion of the log is: [05:51:15] Entering CCompDomainPrep::ScGetEffectiveMode [05:51:15] Leaving CCompDomainPrep::...