NetBT error

Hi,

I have the same error message in event viewer coming up between every
5-20 mins.

Event Type:	Error
Event Source:	NetBT
Event Category:	None
Event ID:	4319
Date:		2/21/2007
Time:		12:30:39 AM
User:		N/A
Computer:	SFBRIEX2
A duplicate name has been detected on the TCP network.  The IP address
of the machine that sent the message is in the data. Use nbtstat -n in
a command window to see which name is in the Conflict state.

Data:
0000: 00 00 00 00 01 00 58 00   ......X.
0008: 00 00 00 00 df 10 00 c0   ....=DF..=C0
0010: 05 01 00 00 46 c8 64 0a   ....F=C8d.
0018: 7e 02 00 00 00 00 00 00   ~.......
0020: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00   ........

I have run the nbtstat - n and this is the result.

                NetBIOS Local Name Table

       Name               Type         Status
    SFBRIEX2       <00>  UNIQUE      Registered
    SMARTFOCUS.COM <00>  GROUP       Registered
    SMARTFOCUS.COM <1C>  GROUP       Registered
    SFBRIEX2       <20>  UNIQUE      Registered
    SMARTFOCUS.COM <1E>  GROUP       Registered

Local Area Connection:
Node IpAddress: [10.100.200.12] Scope Id: []

                NetBIOS Local Name Table

       Name               Type         Status
    SFBRIEX2       <00>  UNIQUE      Registered
    SMARTFOCUS.COM <00>  GROUP       Registered
    SMARTFOCUS.COM <1C>  GROUP       Registered
    SFBRIEX2       <20>  UNIQUE      Registered
    SMARTFOCUS.COM <1E>  GROUP       Registered

We are having problems with the exchange server in that people can't
access it for short periods.  I believe this is related.

I'm a little stuck where to go now.  Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,

Guy

0
glowin (6)

Hi,

Has SFBRIEX2 got two NIC adapters in use?

Both broadcasting NETBIOS and on the same subnet?

Did you cut any of the event information? I notice the first part of the
nbtstat -n command shows:

Local Area Connection:
Node IpAddress: [10.100.200.12] Scope Id: []

Yet nothing is under the second NetBIOS Local Name Table, so I can't see if
this is reporting on a different NIC.

Some info on what the 'types' mean:

      Unique Name Service
      <computer_name>[00] (space filled) 1
     Workstation Service

      <computer_name>[03] (space filled)
     Messenger Service

      <computer_name>[06] (space filled)
     RAS Server Service

      <computer_name>[1F] (space filled)
     NetDDE Service

      <computer_name>[20] (space filled)
     Server Service

      <computer_name>[21] (space filled)
     RAS Client Service

      <computer_name>[BE] (0xBE filled)
     Network Monitor Agent

      <computer_name>[BF] (0xBF filled)
     Network Monitor Application

      <user_name>[03] (space filled)
     Messenger Service

      <domain_name>[1D] (space filled)
     Master Browser

      <domain_name>[1B] (space filled)
     Domain Master Browser

      1 The number in brackets is a hexadecimal number. (space filled) means
that if the computer or domain name is not 15 characters long, the name is
filled with spaces up to 15 characters.

Table 2.3 Group NetBIOS Names Used by Microsoft Components

      Group Name Service
      <domain_name>[00] (space filled)
     Domain Name

      <domain_name>[1C] (space filled)
     Domain Controllers

      <domain_name>[1E] (space filled)
     Browser Service Elections

      [01h][01h]__MSBROWSE__[01h][01h]
     Master Browser

Oliver

0
o.moazzeziNO (822)
2/21/2007 11:26:03 AM
I have seen this error on several of my servers that have dual NICs,
what is the fix for it?

0
Whammer29 (8)
2/21/2007 2:05:51 PM
If your NICs are on the same network segment, then unless you see otherwise,
disabling dns regisration on one of them and also Netbios.

Oliver

0
o.moazzeziNO (822)
2/21/2007 2:10:11 PM
On 21 Feb 2007 06:05:51 -0800, "Whammer" <Whammer29@gmail.com> wrote:

>I have seen this error on several of my servers that have dual NICs,
>what is the fix for it?

Team them or disable one.

0
adavid (8731)
2/21/2007 3:11:07 PM
thanks all.

Ther fix was to disable netbios over tcp/ip.

0
glowin (6)

worksheet complete with errors.
When a worksheet(s) completes with errors, is there a log file with further information? How do we troubleshoot a completed worksheet? -- Biloxi Go to View > Event Log and choose the proper store Barry "Biloxi" <Biloxi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D4386B1E-A315-4753-B1DF-18D31457FDF1@microsoft.com... > When a worksheet(s) completes with errors, is there a log file with > further > information? How do we troubleshoot a completed worksheet? > -- > Biloxi ...

error
when i am opening the page its written that there is a error From http://guide.opendns.com/main?url=costomerror&client=ie6 Posted via DevelopmentNow.com Groups http://www.developmentnow.com/g/ ...

Error when Running Sales Reconcile
I am trying to run the Sales Reconcile, and am getting a Unhandled script exception: Value of range. EXCEPTION_CLASS_SCRIPT_OUT_OF_RANGE SCRIPT_CMD_SELECTED error, and I do not know why. Could it be a security issue? I am logged in as sa, but still receive the error.. Do you have access to partnersource or customer source the error is coming due to some value / percision in your database have you ever done any backend level modification in your database. Try to run Check Link for ItemMaster and Sales WOrk Transaction "steve" wrote: > I am trying to run the Sales Reconci...

error message #93
You don’t have permission to create an entry in this folder, right click the folder and they click properties to check your permission for the folder. See the folder owner or your administrator to change your permissions. can some one please helped. they have all require permission for the folder ...

How to correct errors: sending and receiving error # ox800cccof?
Keep getting this error message:Task" Microsoft Mail Server-Receiving and sending reported erroro800cccof : The connection to the server was interrupted. If this problem continues, contact your server admin or ISP> splicergte <splicergte@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Keep getting this error message:Task" Microsoft Mail Server-Receiving > and sending reported erroro800cccof : The connection to the server was > interrupted. If this problem continues, contact your server admin or > ISP> Outlook version and account types? -- Brian Tillman ...

error with exel
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel when opening excel files get error message saying not enough memory. Make sure Office & OS X are fully updated, repair disk permissions, then restart your Mac. HTH |:>) Bob Jones [MVP] Office:Mac On 5/18/10 6:41 PM, in article 59bb8aa5.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, "jaw@officeformac.com" <jaw@officeformac.com> wrote: > Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel when > opening excel files get error message saying not enough memory. ...

Error
Hi We are not being able to upload report from MS CRM3.0.While trying to upload report from reportmanager it worked!...Problem occurs while uploading the same from CRM. Error Displays like - Error in Server / Application.. Please Suggest?? Within ReportManager check to ensure that the account that is running your MSCRM appPool has publish for Microsoft CRM role within ReportManager. Open ReportManager click on show details (right hand side) and then select edit and then security. If using Network Services then ensure NTAUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE (upper case) has the publisher role. --...

Dexterity Runtime Error in Great Plains
After years of smooth operations, nobody can log into Great Plains. We are getting a Dexterity Runtime Error before the login screen appears. Does anyone have any suggestions? What exactly is the entire error message? Can you log into GP directly on the server? What version and service pack of GP? -- Victoria Yudin Dynamics GP MVP Flexible Solutions, Inc. "CStubin" <CStubin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1CD176F9-0AED-4F38-89D1-1941FD50E00E@microsoft.com... > After years of smooth operations, nobody can log into Great Plains. We > are >...

Error in formulas
I posted this in General Questions but didn’t get a satisfactory answer. I have a workbook that is used for estimating and manufacturing process control and has been used for many years. My problems have occurred since I tried to migrate to Excel 2007. I opened the workbook in 2007 and saved it as an .xls file compatible with older versions. The size of the file increased from 3.0mb to 3.6mb. It has numerous formula errors. I have deleted all data and code except for 2 of the many cells with formula errors. I have saved this as a workbook. It is now has 516k with only 2 cells ...

Retrieving Error Messages
I've happily been using Windows Mail for a few months but yesterday for no fathomable reason I became unable to send emails, although I can still receive them. I tried sending messages several times but they just sit in my outbox. When I open them and click send, nothing happens at all. Only once did an error message come up but I was on my way to a meeting and stupidly deleted it before copying it to get the problem sorted on here. I have not changed any settings, it still requires authentication and the details are correct. So my query is two-fold, can you either hel...

Error on saving Notes
I have again and again the case, that when I edited some Note and at the end want to close the window, that I get an error saying (paraphrasing from memory): "Error in messaging interface, The note will be closed and the changed content will be lost". Luckily at this point the alert offers a "cancel" button which allows me to keep the window open. I then copy the just edited note's content into a text editor and keep it there. Then I close the Note window (whose content is indeed lost). I close and reopen Outlook and then create the note again (or change its cont...

offending command error pp_clip pdf files
I can't get a pdf file created to save my life out of publisher... I've used both Adobe distiller and pdf995, and both give me "error: undefined; offending command: pp_clip" HELP! Send the file to me and let me see if I can recreate it. Send it to jl dot paules at gmail dot com. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "pstough" <pstough@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F0256F5B-79D6-4B0E-888F-705755D4830F@microsoft.com... >I can't get a pdf file created to save my life out of publisher... I've >used > both Adobe d...

runtime error 91 timeout
When processing transactions in Store Operations POS, we are getting a runtime error 91 - timeout message - happens sporadically. It shuts down Store Ops POS and loses the transaction. Has anyone seen this before? Sounds kind of like the connection to the database is timing out...maybe?? Is your database on the same machine, or is it on another machine? Anything common about the times when it has occurred? eg the computer been on standby then woken up, or it had been sitting idle for a long time...anything you can think of... "Greg Williams" wrote: > When processing...

IE7 and Excel marco "file error: data may have been lost" + "571212 application defined or object defined error"
Since i installed IE7 on one of the clients i cant open a certain excel file which includes some macro's. I can open this excel-file on every other pc without problems. The file contains some buttons which activate some macro's. After i open the file on the client with IE7 installed i receive the error 'file error: data may have been lost' after i click OK I receive the message 'runtime error 57121: application-defined or object defined-error' Does anyone know what may cause this problem? Joshua Does nobody has an idea?:-( BTW i'm using Excel 2000 and the client...

Outlook error Office2003 error
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0006_01C9D7C9.6DEF2FC0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi. Staring get realy tierd of Office 2003 crash. In the event view, the following message appears: "Faulting application outlook.exe, version 11.0.8169.0, stamp 465f28e3, = faulting module mso.dll, version 11.0.8172.0, stamp 46771b00, debug? 0, = fault address 0x0006b92a. For more information, see Help and Support Center at = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp" My office is up to d...

Jetstress "Change signature has an error" error message
Hello, when I am starting the Jetstress test, I am getting the error message : 1/3/2007 4:44:59 PM -- Validating input parameters, it may take a few minutes... 1/3/2007 4:44:59 PM -- Attaching databases ... (it may take a few minutes if the databases are in dirty shutdown state) 1/3/2007 4:45:04 PM -- Change signature has an error: Microsoft.Exchange.JetStress.Interop.JetInteropException: JetInit: 0xFFFFFB40 at Microsoft.Exchange.JetStress.Interop.JetInterop.ChangeSignatures(String[] databaseNames, String logFilePath, Boolean tryRecovery) at Microsoft.Exchange.JetStress.MainForm.changeJ...

Out of memory error
I upgraded to Office 2003 from Office 2000. The access program that I was developing now has a fault which displays the message "There isn't enough memory to perform this operation. Close unnecessary programs ....." Needless to say there are no other programs running on my pentium 3 with 256 k of memory. May be I do have a minimum machine but the point is I have to attribute the problem to the upgrade. The problem occurs every time on openning most forms. I have read article 823332 relating to a hot fix for access 2002. Should I be looking for a fix or should I be dicar...

Link error LNK2001
Hi, I received the following link error when a MFC project is linked with the non-MFC library. Does anyone know what could be causing this? EnhanceFiles.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: virtual void __thiscall GroupUser::SetExpiration(class std::basic_string<char,struct std::char_traits<char>,class std::allocator<char> >)" (?SetExpiration@GroupUser@@UAEXV?$basic_ string@DU?$char_traits@D@std@@V?$allocator@D@2@@std@@@Z) EnhanceFiles.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: virtual void __thiscall GroupUser::SetSerial...

Outlook 2007 persistent error LCID 1033
Ever since I installed Office Ultimate 2007 on my Vista Ultimate system Outlook frequently stops working or stops working temporarily. On every occasion a report is sent to Microsoft but as yet I am unaware of a solution. Can anyone please offer a solution to the following error message? Description Microsoft Office Outlook had an unexpected error. It was not critical so you were not interrupted when the problem occurred. Problem signature Problem Event Name: Office12AssertTimer Problem Signature 01: p1ml Problem Signature 02: 12.0.4518.0 Problem Signature 03: 5 Problem Signatur...

error message.
i have money 2000. when i called ms they told me this is an obsolete product and would not give support. when i click on balance my accounts, the 4 accounts i have are listed. then when i click on any of the accounts i get the following message in the error box: MSMoney caused an invalid Page Fault in Module MNYOB99.DLL at 0167:105dOb5f. i reinstalled and rebooted but no help. i am stumped. can i upgrade to MSMoney 2004 and then they will give me support? confused in ohio. dr. bob In microsoft.public.money, dr. bob wrote: >i have money 2000. when i called ms they told me this i...

error -2147417848
Hi All, I'm getting that error every time when try to get item properties. It says: " Runtime error '-2147417848 (80010108)' Automation Error The object invoked has disconnected from its clients. " Does anyone know what that ? Thanks, Arthur ...

Server error in aplication
If I start the CRM 3.0 website, the following error appears (it is Dutch, I'll add an Enlish description below): =================================================== Serverfout in toepassing /. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Configuratiefout Beschrijving: Er is een fout opgetreden tijdens het verwerken van een configuratiebestand dat vereist is om aan deze aanvraag te voldoen. Raadpleeg de hieronder weergegeven details van deze fout en pas uw configuratiebestand overeenkomstig aan. Parser-foutbericht: Kan de bestands- of assembly-na...

Error 2061 8004090a
I have an Exchange 2003 SP1 environment with 3 servers. On our primary mail server, I am receiving Event ID 2061, Process WMIPRVSE.EXE -EMBEDDING (PID=3676). An LDAP search call failed - Server=Forest Domain Controller Error code=8004090a. Base DN=<GUID=23212859-AECB-4A1D-B1BD-183CFDFD036F>, Filter=(objectclass=*), Scope=0. The only help I have found on this error is this Exchange 2000 doc, which a SP was suppost to resolve. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;309175 Does anyone have any ideas for me? The Exchange server is in the same child domain as the DC...

Outward Mail Error
--Sending mail using BCM contacts and receiving error message..sending reported error (0x80070057)'could not complete the operation. One or more parameter values are invalid' Outlook will accept pure email address but won't accept "display as" format. can anybody help Rod Auton ...

Error 3167 Record is deleted
Error 3167 Record is deleted And Sometimes the main entry form displays a record in the form where all fields are "#Delete" Why do we get this error sometimes (about 2 times a week)? It happens from different users and on different workstations. Also in this application no records are ever deleted and would be difficult for a user to delete a record Environment: Access 2003 (converted from Access 97) XP workstations, jet 4 with SP 2 Split into Front and Back end, both mdb's Large databases, FE, 39m, BE, 140m The main table has a large record length but the system functioned fin...