Nested query-based distribution groups?

We are currently trying to implement some query-based distribution groups.
Is it possible to create one QBDG that has a couple of rules (for example
all people with a certain job title) and then create another dynamic group
that will start with all the users in the previous group (all people with a
certain title) and further narrow it down with more rules?

Basically does exchange 2003 allow for nested query-based groups? If so, how
do you go about doing it?

Thanks.

0
sms1 (1)

Yes they can be nested. You would nest them just like you would nest any
other group.

http://support.microsoft.com/?id=822897

"Jon" <sms@caenus.com> wrote in message
> We are currently trying to implement some query-based distribution groups.
> Is it possible to create one QBDG that has a couple of rules (for example
> all people with a certain job title) and then create another dynamic group
> that will start with all the users in the previous group (all people with
> certain title) and further narrow it down with more rules?
>
> Basically does exchange 2003 allow for nested query-based groups? If so,
how
> do you go about doing it?
>
> Thanks.

0
Megan

Nested Groups
We have nested groups (specialty areas) inside of a main discipline group. All groups are set to expand on the local server. We are experiencing issues with using this main group to assign permissions on Public Folders and to set it as allowed sender for message restrictions for other distribution groups. Has anyone come across this before? Does anyone know of a fix? Are these mail-enabled Security Groups? -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT www.zenprise.com blog: www.suneja.com/blog ----------------------------------------- "Heather Arnot" <HeatherArnot@discussions.microsoft.co...

~*~^" FREE web based business ~*~^"
Your own web based business FREE! the products are in BIG demand and commissions can be up to 80%. Nothing to pay now - NOTHING TO PAY EVER. Get your business now - FREE! http://www.cashring.com/?id=wil1194 !(Yqxp[HL$*fM3?6g ya ...

Nested IF & Nested AND
I'm trying to compare two cells to create two different outcomes. The formula I'm using is as follows; =IF((AND(H15="Capitol",I15="both")),F15/2,),IF((AND(H15="Capitol",I15="MPL41")),F15,) Cell H15 does equal Capitol, Cell I15 does equal both, Cell F15 does equal $3,094.36. When I use this formula I get the correct answer of $1,547.18 =IF((AND(H15="Capitol",I15="both")),F15/2,) When I try to nest another IF as shown above I get the error #value!. By adding the IF((AND(H15="Capitol",I15="MPL41")),F15,) I...

Changing Server on a Microsoft Query
I have a query in a spreadsheet. It is pointing at a server and SQL database. How do I change the location of the server? The query is not saved anywhere, it is only embedded in the sheet. Changing the ODBC I originally selected in Control Panel makes no difference. Where is it storing the connection information??? Thanks. G ...

excel web query url problem?
im using iqy file to retrieve web queries. it was made some changes on web urls on server side. therefore i also changed urls in iqy files. but excel still using old urls. where does excel store/cache url strings in excel. chancing urls in iqy files doesn't work... thanks. Look in c:\programfiles\microsoft office OR Do a WINDOWS filesearch for ALL files including hidden, etc or change to using external queries instead -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "eko007" <asdf@asdf.com> wrote in message news:B64FDE03-B369-4099-804E...

Nested IF
How can I overcome the limitation of having up to only 7 levels of nested IF functions? I want to display a name in a cell that corresponds to a number in another cell, and I have 16 numbers. e.g. =If(A1=1,"Name1",If(A2=2,"Name2",If(... how about using choose or vlookup =choose(a1,"name1","name2",etc) "Amjad" <amjadfarran@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:044b01c37255$9b8a13d0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > How can I overcome the limitation of having up to only 7 > levels of nested IF functions? > I want to display a name in a cell ...

Web Query Function
I'm having problems setting up a Web Query capability. I'm using EXCEL 2000 on WIN98. When I do a New Web Query, EXCEL tries to go to the web but never succeeds in getting to the page. I have my firewall -- ZONE ALARM -- disabled. Any ideas? Norm Kaufman ...

No network groups were returned.
While trying to add group at Office Smart Tags managaer, I got this error? ...

How to create nested nodes in XML in C#
Hi, I have to create an XML in the following syntax: <RESPONSE> <QueueItems> <Node1>..... <Node2>..... </QueueItems> <QueueItems> ... </QueueItems> </RESPONSE> Iam building this through a SqlDataReader object. My problem is I cannot get DOM object to create the QueueItems node. Please help! TIA Ramya Ramya A wrote: > I have to create an XML in the following syntax: > > <RESPONSE> > <QueueItems> > <Node1>..... > <Node2&...

query doesn't complete
Hi, the following query which has been used many times before, just never seems to complete this time. Other than a table name, nothing has changed. The table being updated has 16 million rows and the other views used in the select have 216 and 360 million rows. The query has been running for 18hrs now. It has necessary indexes. my search online, found some results where it says that sometimes with SQL 2005, SP2, some people have had this problem, but did not find anything that would help me. I checked for indexes, ran the DBCC free proccache killed and restarted the query ...

Update Query
I have designed and update query which resets fields to zero and an Onclick event procedure as follows: Private Sub RESET_ENTRIES_Click() On Error GoTo Err_RESET_ENTRIES_Click DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdSaveRecord Dim stDocName As String stDocName = "RESET CALCULATOR" DoCmd.OpenQuery stDocName, acNormal, acEdit Exit_RESET_ENTRIES_Click: Exit Sub Err_RESET_ENTRIES_Click: MsgBox Err.Description Resume Exit_RESET_ENTRIES_Click End Sub The problem is that when this button is clicked to reset, I find that I have to click in any field with the mouse or exit...

Export query to XML file
Hi, I am trying to export a select query to a XML file but didn't find any success. Here is the code I use...... Application.ExportXML ObjectType:=acExportTable, DataSource:="ForXML", DataTarget:="VendorData.xml" The ForXML is the select query. I noticed that when I export from a table it works just fine. How can I export from a query? thanks! Boon "Boon" <boonyawat.la-ongthong@cnh.com> wrote in message news:OfBCr8G8KHA.5476@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > I am trying to export a select query to a XML fi...

Custom Report Grouping
I have created a database in Access 2003 and am trying to group by months but the months set up in the database are based on a tradional month. We use 4,4,5 accounting months. How can I create a group to based on dates I set up? On Fri, 22 Jan 2010 08:18:09 -0800, CARRIE <CARRIE@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have created a database in Access 2003 and am trying to group by months but >the months set up in the database are based on a tradional month. We use >4,4,5 accounting months. How can I create a group to based on dates I set up? I'd suggest se...

Nesting
I have read several posts regarding nesting, but I haven't quite found what has perplexed me for the last couple of hours. I'm using a set of IF functions to check 12 different cells to see if they match a particular cell. If it does, it returns a value of a different cell, if false it returns zero. These are contained within a SUM function. Now, here is the perplexing part. They aren't "nested" per se, because they are all on the same level. I can get it to work by checking up to 11 of the cells, but on the 12th, it breaks. Here is the formula with only the 11 entries...

Hi Blinking/Flashing Text in cell based upon date value
Hi, I need a project completion sheet where .. the contents (TEXT) of the particular cell is to flash/blink upon some condition TRUE will any one respond pls Thank q, Syed Hi, Just a personal view but if I opened a workbook and it blinked at me I would close and delete it but if you must then have a look here. http://www.cpearson.com/excel/BlinkingText.aspx -- Mike When competing hypotheses are otherwise equal, adopt the hypothesis that introduces the fewest assumptions while still sufficiently answering the question. "EXCEL.SYED" wrote: > H...

Create Distribution LIst from Email #2
Is there an easy way to create a distribution list directly from the addressees listed in an email message? For examplge, rather than choosing "Add to Contacts" I am looking for something like "Add to Group". Thanks, Jim http://www.outlook-tips.net/archives/2004/20041105.htm -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] <jim_nospam_beasley@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1126213542.811008.172370@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Is there an easy way to create a distribution list directly from the > addressees listed in an email message? For examplge, rather than > c...

Ranking by Query
Hey All, I have a query which allows users to score projects by a number of factors which help determine that project's priority for funding. The various scores are totaled and the project given an overall score. I would like a query to rank these projects according to this score and fill a field, aptly called 'Priority', according to the ranking. The higher the total score, the higher priority. the priority values should be 1,2,3,4...etc. Many thanks in advance. Let me know if you need more info. Adam Kemp Have a calculated field in your Query to add those various scores...

Nested groups
Hi, It seems to me W2K8 R2 has problems regarding file and folders permissions and nested groups. Our domain has a mix of W2K8 R2 and W2K3 DCs. From a RDP session on a member server itself, I try to browse to a folder where the local "Administrators" group has full control. The "Domain Admins" group is in the local "Administrators" group and my user is in the "Domain Admins" group. However, when I double-click the folder, I get this dialog box "You don't currently have permission to access this folder". If I click "C...

Date and time query
I have a table that records time-stamps with the date and time contained in the same column. How do I query these fields to only show the time or only show the dates? LASTUPDATEDT 4/23/2007 11:48:30 AM For same date: WHERE DateValue(MyDateTimeField) = #04/23/2007# or WHERE MyDateTimeField BETWEEN #04/23/2007# AND #04/24/2007# For same time: WHERE TimeValue(MyDateTimeField) = #11:48:30# -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no private e-mails, please) "mpcoon" <mpcoon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:89547704-8235-4B9D-BE0...

how to make a mailed enabled group visible only for a few people
Exchange 2003 and AD 2003. Want to created a mail enabled group but only visible for a few people in the address book. Is there a way to do that? Any work around? I don't want to use distribution list in Outlook contacts at each user if possible. Thanks, Hi Chris: You might be able to do that or at least limit who can view the group membership. All that is done via AD permissions. See the post below that had a somewhat similar request. It should get you started on the right path. -- Regards, M MCTS, MCSA http://SysAdmin-E.com "M" <m@n.com...

Excel
I am trying to create an "if" formula to check cells in a particular column for different texts, but it only lets me add 7 before getting an error that I have exceeded the limit for nesting in the current file format. How do I work around this? =IF(D4378="LUNCH/OFFICER",O4378,IF(D4378="INFORMATION",O4378,IF(D4378="BUSY",O4378,IF(D4378="DETAIL",O4378,IF(D4378="END OF DUTY",O4378,IF(D4378="EQUIPMENT",O4378,IF(D4378="FUEL",O4378,IF(D4378="LIDAR CALIBRATION",O4378,"")))))))) Try: ...

Fill Down based on variable, offset?
Hi all and thanks for such an AMAZING site! You've vicariously gotte me out of several programming jams in the past, and I'm now a littl embarrassed to find myself between a code and a hard place. I am writing (trying, anyway) VBA to do the following: Once a macro is executed, excel looks at rows that have the followin information: ColA ColB ColC ColD ITEM# SLOT# DESCRIPTION # of Labels 5301 DF212 Black Beans 5 1624 CA172 Rice 2 I need to tell excel to (on a different sheet) create: 5301 Black Beans DF2...

Can I deny SMTP to a group or user?
Hi, I need to know if there is a way to deny SMTP sending of email to group or individual user, while still allowing them to receive external email and internal email. My client only wants to stop them sending external mail for security reasons. I have thought about a POP3 solution, but if I can keep all in Exchange it would be better. Hope you can help, Terry - Bucket On Thu, 16 Jun 2005 10:59:05 -0700, Bucket <Bucket@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi, I need to know if there is a way to deny SMTP sending of email to group >or individual user, while still allowing th...

Createdon Timezone query
We are utilising CRM to send auto updates on open CRM cases and also recording these updates within the CRM case, as part of this we are including the 'createdon' entry. The only problem is that this generates an entry that lists the following: Created on: 10/10/2007 4:20 AM (GMT-08:00) Pacific Time (US & Canada); Tijuana Now the case was actually created 10/10/2007 PM (GMT +08:00) Perth. The servers are set correctly, the Users PC is set correctly, and the timestamp for the actual record is set correctly as: 10/10/2007 7:20 PM by System, Administrator As we are using the ...