Need Rights to Exchange 5.5 Public Folder

I'm trying to find the location in Exchange Administrator that will
allow me to be able to create a new folder in the public folders. When
I go into Outlook and try and create a new item in All Public Folders
it comes back and says You do not have sufficient permission to perform
this operation on this subject.

Any help would be appreciated.

0
gabaus (2)

if you mean a "top level" folder, go to the Configuration container, then in
the right pane, double-click the "Information Store Site Configuration"
object...on the "Top Level Folder Creation" tab, grant yourself
permissions...

--
Susan Conkey [MVP]

<gabaus@gmail.com> wrote in message
> I'm trying to find the location in Exchange Administrator that will
> allow me to be able to create a new folder in the public folders. When
> I go into Outlook and try and create a new item in All Public Folders
> it comes back and says You do not have sufficient permission to perform
> this operation on this subject.
>
> Any help would be appreciated.

0
sconkey (3059)
11/30/2006 10:36:35 PM
OMG I have been looking for this off and on for months. Thanks for your
timely help!

Gabe

Susan wrote:
> if you mean a "top level" folder, go to the Configuration container, then in
> the right pane, double-click the "Information Store Site Configuration"
> object...on the "Top Level Folder Creation" tab, grant yourself
> permissions...
>
> --
> Susan Conkey [MVP]
>

> <gabaus@gmail.com> wrote in message
> > I'm trying to find the location in Exchange Administrator that will
> > allow me to be able to create a new folder in the public folders. When
> > I go into Outlook and try and create a new item in All Public Folders
> > it comes back and says You do not have sufficient permission to perform
> > this operation on this subject.
> >
> > Any help would be appreciated.

0
gabaus (2)
11/30/2006 10:49:52 PM
glad it helped...

--

> OMG I have been looking for this off and on for months. Thanks for your
> timely help!
>

> Gabe
>

> Susan wrote:
>> if you mean a "top level" folder, go to the Configuration container, then
>> in
>> the right pane, double-click the "Information Store Site Configuration"
>> object...on the "Top Level Folder Creation" tab, grant yourself
>> permissions...
>>
>> --
>> Susan Conkey [MVP]
>>

>> <gabaus@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> > I'm trying to find the location in Exchange Administrator that will
>> > allow me to be able to create a new folder in the public folders. When
>> > I go into Outlook and try and create a new item in All Public Folders
>> > it comes back and says You do not have sufficient permission to perform
>> > this operation on this subject.
>> >
>> > Any help would be appreciated.

0
sconkey (3059)

Not sure if Excel can do what i need

What are .ifs files used for Exchange 2003?
I am running Exchange 2003 SP1 Enterprise with the default install. So drive m should be disabled. Though I notice .ifs files popping up in the directory where the mailbox store is. The research that I found it that Exchange uses these files as temp files and the SA removes them when they are done. But I don't know how acurate the research is that I found. Does anyone know if this is normal operation for Exchange 2003? What does Exchange 2003 use .ifs files for? I have notice that one particualar .ifs file has not been removed for over a day. Thanks... Regan IFS - Installab...

Sends EVERYTHING to Junk Folder
I am running Office 2003 with all updates. I have the Junk Mail filters in Outlook turned off (No Automatic Filtering). I have no blocked senders. I don't have any Rules set. Yet everything still goes to the Junk Mail folder first - except for those things I've marked as 'Safe Senders'. Based upon another suggestion I tried the Outlook Safe Mode and it still sends things to the Junk Mail folder even with Junk mail option turned off. I use Norton Securty Suite as an anti-spam program but that sends things to the Norton Junk Folder (a seperate folder) and I had that off wh...

assign task from public folder
I am willing to have a task public folder to centralize all the task of my users. I find it impossible to assign a taks to someone from a public folder ? How can I manage to do this? Thanks Cyril ...

Excel need help

Linking CRM Contacts and Exchange Contacts
I've been looking for a few hours, and I can't find anything about linking CRM and Exchange Contacts. I want to update Exchange contacts when they are updated in CRM, and vice versa. Can anyone point me in the right direction? A book/online tutorial would be very helpful. This is only done through Sales For Outlook client See "Sales For Outlook Explained", from www.c360.com <joshm@susqtech.com> wrote in message news:1120569198.641354.108830@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > I've been looking for a few hours, and I can't find anything about > linking C...

Publisher Question #5
How can you select the toolbars that appear on your workspace Isbell wrote: > How can you select the toolbars > that appear on your workspace ============================ Not sure what you mean by "select". If you're asking how to toggle them on or off...just right click and check or uncheck the one you're interested in. Also you can access the settings at... View / Toolbars. -- John Inzer MS Picture It! - Digital Image MVP Digital Image Highlights and FAQs http://tinyurl.com/aczzp Notice This is not tech support I am a voluntee...

Need Help Linking Sheets

Exchange Archiving Solutions
Can anyone reccomend an e-mail arcvhing product that intergates with Outlook? Right now I am looking at GFI's but it requires you to view all mail through a web interface. Thanks, Forest http://eval.veritas.com/mktginfo/products/Datasheets/Data_Protection/ent_vault_6_microsoft_exchange_03172005_dsht.pdf -- John Oliver, Jr MCSE, MCT, CCNA Exchange MVP 2007 Microsoft Certified Partner "Forest Leonard" <fleonard@rvigroup.com> wrote in message news:e$d5kl9FHHA.1912@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > Can anyone reccomend an e-mail arcvhing product that intergates with >...

Address Rewrite Tool on Exchange 2003
Hi all, quick question for you, I have emails coming in from legacy email system to Exchange via SMTP. The To: recipient addresses have a subdomain in. e.g. instead of nick@company.com they are being sent as nick@dept.company.com. The side effect of this is if an email is sent From: bob@company.com To:nick@dept.company.com CC:john@hotmail.com John@hotmail.com will receive the email and cannot reply to nick because the email is set to nick@dept.company.com. If I turn on Address Rewrite, will it rewrite the TO: field of the email with nick@company.com - his primary SMTP address in AD. ...

Macro help needed........

Palm Treo 600 and Exchange 2003?
We have an entire new Exchange 2003 and Treo devices... I am currently trying to get the two to work together - Exchange 2003 and NEW Palm Treo 600. The Active sync for the Treo required a desktop sync software installation that read the Exchange 2003 server for mail - the PROBLEM is that I do not get mail when the computer that I installed the software is turned off. (1) How do I ensure that normal email still arrives to my Palm Treo device? (2) Do I need to enable POP or IMAP to get this to work? (3) How do I enable the IMAP or POP - when I go to Protocols and select ENABLE, it ...

Need to test a mobo

Help needed

Need help on this....thanks

Exchange Explorer problem
I can't get access at all to Exchange Explorer I get the below error after I say yes to the message 'This page is accessing information that is not under it's control. This poses a security risk. Do you want to continue.' 'Server not available or a unrecoverable error occurred" I can't get into exchange explorer at all, I've tried administrator accounts as the username and pass and also accounts like exmerge, I've tried going to just server/exchange and exchange/mailbox using the mailbox I'm trying to get to's username and password. I recen...

I need Help

need help badly

Autoarchive errors and exchange 2003
Beware. If you import .pst files into Exchange 2003 mailboxes a hidden modification date is created and set to the date the data is actually loaded on the server. All emails retain their actual sent/received dates but if you try to use autoarchive it looks at this hidden date and will not use the correct dates. Thus users cannot use this function properly. Does anyone have a answer please. Thks Phil OL2000: Message Modification Date Determines Archive Date ID: 197981 The following actions will change the message's modified date/time: - Moving or Copying It then gives you steps t...

Missing Text #5
Hello, I have a problem with Outlook XP (2002) that I can't find a solution for. When this particular user receives a reply to an email she sent, the frist couple of lines of the reply text will appear in the auto preview (the preview in the message listing in the inbox) but when she opens the message itself by double clicking it, that reply text is missing. I've updated Outlook to SP3 and even tried reinstalling it once. Does anyone know of a fix for this? Thanks, Rod ...

Exchange Server 2003 and SP1
I have an Exchange server with SP1 loaded and I use it for LAN email as well as WEb and POP for my remote consultants. I have had terrible problems with getting POP and SMTP working to my satisfaction to the regard that my remote users have permissions to submit emails to other address or relay them. I found out through Experts Exchange site that there is a bug in SP1 that corrupts the SMTP virtual server. They gave tips for a work around that I implimented. I had to configure DNS with forward lookup since my server sits behind a firewall device. I had everything working perfectly ...

Need Help Despertly!