Need help setting up Front-End/Back End system with RPC/HTTP!

------=_NextPart_000_000D_01C46459.171D7550

Hopefully someone can give me a quick answer to this problem.

Previously I had setup a Ex2003 server with RPC/HTTP and everything =
worked great.  Just today we moved to a front end/back end setup and =
I've moved all the SSL certs and setup RPC front end back end settings =
on all servers.  The problem is that clients using RPC/HTTP can connect =
to the server just fine while inside the LAN but when they leave the lan =
it does not work.  It sits there "Trying to connect....".  I can't =
figure it out, I've tried everything.  OWA which is also on the front =
end server works fine from the outside, and I can connect to the /rpc =
directory from the outside just fine also.  Any ideas??

--=20
NATHAN WALTER
Santa Barbara, CA

------=_NextPart_000_000D_01C46459.171D7550

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DVerdana size=3D2>Hopefully someone can give me a quick =
answer to=20
this problem.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DVerdana size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DVerdana size=3D2>Previously I had setup a Ex2003 =
server with=20
RPC/HTTP and everything worked great.&nbsp; Just today we moved to a =
front=20
end/back end setup and I've moved all the SSL certs and setup RPC front =
end back=20
end settings on all servers.&nbsp; The problem is that clients using =
RPC/HTTP=20
can connect to the server just fine while inside the LAN but when they =
leave the=20
lan it does not work.&nbsp; It sits there "Trying to connect....".&nbsp; =
I can't=20
figure it out, I've tried everything.&nbsp; OWA which is also on the =
front end=20
server works fine from the outside, and I can connect to the /rpc =
directory from=20
the outside just fine also.&nbsp; Any ideas??</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DVerdana size=3D2><BR>-- <BR>NATHAN WALTER<BR>Santa =
Barbara,=20
CA<BR></FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_000D_01C46459.171D7550--

0
nwalter (25)

Did you add the IP address on the FE Server in their
Hosts files?

0
anonymous (74722)
7/8/2004 2:38:28 AM
Sorry, meant did you add the FE Server IP Address in the
users' hosts files?

0
anonymous (74722)
7/8/2004 2:43:01 AM
Aye.. I have..

--
NATHAN WALTER
Santa Barbara, CA

> Sorry, meant did you add the FE Server IP Address in the
> users' hosts files?

0
nwalter (25)
7/8/2004 3:26:08 AM
IIS logs show the following info at the end of all connection attempts to
the RPC directory:

MSRPC 404 2 1260

--
NATHAN WALTER
Santa Barbara, CA

"Nathan Walter" <nwalter@fielding.edu> wrote in message
> Aye.. I have..
>
> --
> NATHAN WALTER
> Santa Barbara, CA
>
> <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Sorry, meant did you add the FE Server IP Address in the
> > users' hosts files?

0
nwalter (25)
7/8/2004 5:40:09 AM
If anyone needs to know I figured out the problem here.  Apparently
something got screwed up in the install of RPC Proxy and the location listed
in the IIS web services folder for the rpcproxy.dll was wrong.  It somehow
thought it was in \system32 and not \system32\rpcproxy\...  Chaning it to
the appropriate directory fixed it.

--

> IIS logs show the following info at the end of all connection attempts to
> the RPC directory:
>
> MSRPC 404 2 1260
>

> --
> NATHAN WALTER
> Santa Barbara, CA
>
> "Nathan Walter" <nwalter@fielding.edu> wrote in message
> > Aye.. I have..
> >
> > --
> > NATHAN WALTER
> > Santa Barbara, CA
> >
> > <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > Sorry, meant did you add the FE Server IP Address in the
> > > users' hosts files?

0
nwalter (25)

Not sure if Excel can do what i need

Excel need help

How do I Set up a Invoice in Microsoft Office 2000 Professional (.
How do I Set up a Invoice Formate Template in Microsoft Office 2000 Professional (Excel) With detailed one (Rate, qty,Discount,Total,Tax) Check out the templates at http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/CT011377071033.aspx "Chandrasekar G Yadav" wrote: > How do I Set up a Invoice Formate Template in Microsoft Office 2000 > Professional (Excel) > With detailed one (Rate, qty,Discount,Total,Tax) ...

Need Help Linking Sheets

Macro help needed........

Opening blank sheet with set format
Hi, apologies for asking what's probably a common question... How can I change the blank Excel sheet default (the one you get if you click on the toolbar icon) so that it comes up with the font being Arial Narrow size 8 in every cell? Thanks in advance Daniel Create a new workbook. change the font setting to what you want. Save it as Book.xlt in your XLStart folder (as a template) Daniel Bonallack wrote: > > Hi, apologies for asking what's probably a common question... > > How can I change the blank Excel sheet default (the one you get if you click > on the toolb...

Need to test a mobo

Help needed

Great Plains Companies should allow window color settings
It would be helpful if Great Plains would allow different window color schemes for each Company. This would be especially beneficial to identify when you are in a Test company. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions...

Help with formula 12-17-09

Need help on this....thanks

Help with Error
I got this error recently, and just want to make sure I'm reading it right. Logon Failure on database "First Storage Group\Mailbox Store (EXCHANGE)" - Windows 2000 account PARADIGM\user1; mailbox /o=Paradigm/ou=First Administrative Group/cn=Recipients/cn=user2. Error: -2147221231 Does this mean the user1 tried to access the user2 mailbox and failed? Thanks in advance hello albert, well, this looks familiar to: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;260782 and http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;309113 regards, Alex "AlbertP&quo...

Setting colors in Outlook
I'd like to darken the color that corresponds to the first entry in the contacts listing when searching for a contact. When I hit "b" for the Bs, the grey coloration for the first name is so faint, I can't always see which one is the one selected. Eye sight taxed typer <Eye sight taxed typer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I'd like to darken the color that corresponds to the first entry in > the contacts listing when searching for a contact. When I hit "b" > for the Bs, the grey coloration for the first name is so faint, I > can'...

I need Help

need help badly

help with a table
now that I set up a table through importing the data. I realized that I had some other data being emailed to me. how do i import it in that same table? On Fri, 29 Jun 2007 11:39:05 -0700, Maggie <schmidt.margaret@gmail.com> wrote: >now that I set up a table through importing the data. I realized that >I had some other data being emailed to me. how do i import it in that >same table? Use File... Get External Data... Link to link to a textfile containing the information from the EMail, and run an Append query to append it into your stored table. John W. Vinso...

Help, MVP!
Milly, Sue, Vince.. Can you help 'fix' this- I have still not found the cure, thank you! Outlook 2000 (Internet Only) is set to check for mail ever five minutes. However, when it does so, Outlook now insists on displaying the dialog box stating that the "Requested tasks were completed successfully." The dialog box has a "Hide this message" box which is checked, and the push pin is not 'set'. I must have messed up a setting when I reset my toolbars... (issue resolved - I accidentally pinned the toolbar to the desktop, went nuts till I figure out a doub...

Need Help Despertly!

How can you get back a lost part of a document?
After typing 3 or 4 additional pages to saved document, I don't know what I hit but I lost all the added work. Is there a way to get it back? If the document has not been closed since the error - CTRL+Z (Undo) will restore the text. If the document has been closed and the changes not saved, then there is nothing to recover. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>>< ><<...

Plug in needed

SSRS
Is it possible to change the list of reports a user can access through stored procedures? At the moment I run a stored procedure to get a list of all reports a user has access to but then change permissions manually as I don't have a definitive list of all relevant SQL Server tables. SQL Servant ...