Need advice moving data in mailboxes to another server

Hi,

Due to corporate restructuring, we are setting up a new domain. In the
process, we are upgrading our servers, etc. as well.

Our task is to move user data i.e. saved mails, calendar items, etc. FROM a
server running Exchange 2000 Standard in Domain A TO a server running
Exchange 2003 Standard in Domain B.

What is the best way to do this?
--
Thanks,

Sam
0
SAM4137 (239)

Hi,

Use exchange migration wizard or exmerge:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/328871/en-us

Leif

"Sam" <Sam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> Due to corporate restructuring, we are setting up a new domain. In the
> process, we are upgrading our servers, etc. as well.
>
> Our task is to move user data i.e. saved mails, calendar items, etc. FROM
> server running Exchange 2000 Standard in Domain A TO a server running
> Exchange 2003 Standard in Domain B.
>
> What is the best way to do this?
> --
> Thanks,
>
> Sam

I am wondering what is the processs of using ADMT and Exmerge.

Must you move users and computres first, security seconds, groups, third
using ADMT ..then move email using  exmerge.  What is teh recommended method.
 Also are there any webcast on ADMT and Exmerge....for big moves.

--
cestrada

"Leif Pedersen [MVP]" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Use exchange migration wizard or exmerge:
>
> Leif
>
> "Sam" <Sam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> >
> > Due to corporate restructuring, we are setting up a new domain. In the
> > process, we are upgrading our servers, etc. as well.
> >
> > Our task is to move user data i.e. saved mails, calendar items, etc. FROM
> > server running Exchange 2000 Standard in Domain A TO a server running
> > Exchange 2003 Standard in Domain B.
> >
> > What is the best way to do this?
> > --
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Sam

0
cestrada (1)

Extracting Data #2
Dear All, I need a help on data extracting... I have a data abt 12 col and 40 rows with header in each col. the header like --- Inv no, Inv Dt, Customer Name, amount, chq no Chq date etc.... there are mutiple records (ie. rows) for a customer, i want to lis all the records / rows pertining to a customer and make report in a diff worksheet. I can do this using advance filter, but if i change the the custome name resepective rows will not get changed dynamically, again i have to do the whole process of advance filter.. cud u plz suggest same other method so that records are dynamicall chan...

Not sure if Excel can do what i need

How do I plot Excel data on a floorplan?
I'm trying to find a way to plot data from an Excel worksheet on a floorplan diagram. The data reflects room assignments for a hospital, so some data stays the same for days while other data changes on a twice a day basis. I want to enable someone to be able to enter the data on the worksheet and have excel output the names, etc in the proper room assignments on the floorplan automatically. The users could then print this floorplan to locate the assignments more easily. I can either scan a hardcopy of the floorplan, or I have access to Visio so I could also quickly construct a d...

Excel need help

Need Help Linking Sheets

Macro help needed........

Link to a cell in another workbook by name rather than absolute c.
I need to get data from a total cell in one worksheet into a cell in another worksheet. Because the source worksheet will have lines added to it, I wanted to reference the cell by its row and column label (e.g. "Jan Sales"), rather than by an absolute cell reference. I tried several variations and keep getting the #REF and #NAME errors. Does anyone know how to do this? Thanks. Name the actual cell and then reference the cell's name. -- Cutter ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Cutter's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/membe...

create user mailbox rules from admin/server
If I want to make a rule in a users mailbox so that certain emails go to certain folders etc, I have usually logged in as that user and created the rule using the outlook rules wizard. Is there a way I can create rules like this from the server, or admin account, so i dont have to log in as every user each time i want to add a rule? Not that I'm aware of, and I'm sure you couldn't do it without some fancy scripting. Why not leave this up to the user, and send them basic instructions? Aaron wrote: > If I want to make a rule in a users mailbox so that certain emails go > ...

Need to test a mobo

Data Lables, series and Scatterplots
Is there any way to get excel scatterplots to recognize a third column (or row) as a series for a scatterplot? FOr example I have data as: Sequence Long Lat 1 49.12 28.05 2 49.17 28.34 3 49.5 28.48 4 49.17 28.36 I would like to plot Long(itude) as X axis and Lat(itude) as Y on scatterplot (which I can do). But I would also like to identify the sequence number fopr each point. I thought I could do that by getting the Sequence numbers to represent a series, but can't sseem to get that in a scatterplot. Is there any other chart...

Help needed

Need help on this....thanks

Repeat Data from Cell Above
Hello All: I have a report that has been imported in to XL and am trying to wor with the data but have a pain staking task ahead. Example: Serial No TitleName Units OrderNo 35270 International Views 20 123 15 667 18 445 50 552 41155 RoloText 12 124 My goal is to have the TitleName repeat in the blank cells, as th values in the adj. cells belong to TitleName. TIA, Dheera -- Dheeraj_ -----------------------------------------------------------...

I need Help

need help badly

combining data
I have two sets of data (1) Jan - June and (2) July - December. The reason I have the data on two different sheets is because it goes past the number of rows allowed on one. I would like to run one report, Pivot Table, to show Jan - December together. Is there a way to do this? Thank you in advance for your help. ...

Can't move mailbox
My question is similar to "Can't Purge Mailbox". I have one mailbox left to move in a migration from exchange 2000 to 2003, and it will not move. I can move it between 2000 stores and servers but not to exchange 2003. I recieve the following error when I try to move it: - <summary isWarning="false" errorCode="0xc1054005"> The MAPI call failed. MAPI or an unspecified service provider. ID no: 80004005-0000-00000000 There are no corrupted messages, I have checked each one. The mailbox size is under 200mb. This is the only mailbox left to move??? I ...

Need Help Despertly!

Plug in needed

Need to Hire Outlook 2003 Help

Summary of data using array formula
I have a spreadsheet where there are several columns with data using validation picklists as well as free-entry columns. I would like to create a summary of the data in the form of counts based on the existence of specific values in these columns with the ability to change the date range. I've created the array formula and have set up a 'startdate' and 'enddate' cells where the user can enter the range they're looking for. No matter what I do the value always reports a zero. I have used these types of array formulas before, however, not using date rang...