NDRs after Sender ID framework is deployed

After we integrated the Sender ID Framework we started getting a lot of 5.7.1
SMTP code NDRs. So, spammer is sending email presenting her\him self as
somebody from our company and the corresponding email system is bouncing the
email back, and the particular NDR is being sent to the particular user on
our system which email address was used by spammer.

Is there any way to stop those type of NDRs, as they are very deceiving and
let users think that they sent the particular emails (and they didn't), so I
am spending a plenty of my time explaining what actually happened.....

contact your system administrator.             <SERVERNAME.domain.edu #5.7.1>

0
B1 (229)

Unattended install of DotNet Framework 3.5 SP1
Hi, We use Tivoli to do remote pushing and installation of software to PCs, and the PCs are already loaded with WinXP SP3, DotNet Framework 1.0, DotNet Framework 2.0, and DotNet Framework 3.0. Tivoli will not perform an unattended install of DotNet Framework 3.5 SP1. It fails and the error logs say: "DISSE0198I User program exit code: 1603 RGB9RAST -- Installation failed RGB Rast: [2] Error: Installation failed for component RGB Rast. MSI returned error code 1603" I am using the parameters "/q /norestart" However if I log in to one of the PCs and manuall...

Event ID 4153
Hi - Does anyone know how to allow certain email servers to submit email to exchange without getting the 4153 error? The error is mail.mx.domain.com attempted to submit without using authentication. The submission was not allowed. Source: MSExchangeIMC Event ID: 4153 (Error) This started after a security patch was applied a while back and I can't find information on it anywhere on the web. Thanks, Jim D. I would open a ticket with PSS. I have seen a number of questions on this and havent seen a resolution. Im guessing the patch you are referring to is MS03-046? On Fri, 2...

Exchange Queues filled with postmaster NDRs
My legitimate e-mail is being delayed up to 24 hrs. I know what the problem is, but would like to know if there are any suggestions to alleviate the issue. We're running Exch 2003 SP1. The server was subjected to a email attack where an attacker was guessing names@ourdomain.com attempting to harvest legit e-mails. By the time we blocked the source IPs they must have decided that all of the attempts were legit addresses because they're now spamming to those addresses. The SMTP queues are clogged with postmaster NDR notifications to non-legit domains and are very slow to pro...

changing name of sender
I forwarded some emails from another computer to my main computer. Now the main computer has the wrong sender (place forwarded from, not original sender). Is there a way I can change the name of the sender so that when I sort emails or search for emails by sender I get the original sender? thanks for any help Huck No. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "Huck Rorick" <huckrorick@groundwork.org> wrote in message news:uvyvdS8vKHA.4752@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... >I forwarded some emails from another computer ...

Sender ID
i have enabled the sender id on the virutual server and added all the ip on our servers on messages delivery/general tab ( still get the popup about.. it hvet to been anabled on virutual server etc.. ) but still nothing have sent mail to 'check-auth@verifier.port25.com' and get a "Neutral" resault back. what does it mean??? dosent it work??? do i have to restart something? dont get any new performence counters eighter. help :) Bj�rn <Bjrn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >i have enabled the sender id on the virutual server and added all the ip on >our ser...

This has been happening for some time now and I can't figure out if it's just a setting that I have. First of all I am not an exchange client. This is strictly a pop3 account that I have set up on my Outlook. When I do a reply all to a message, me being the sender gets added to the list in the to field and I get a copy of the message that I just replied to. There is an article listed on MS Support site only pertaining to exchange clients. Does anyone have any insights. It just gets kind of annoying having to delete myself everytime I do a reply to all. Thanks. which version of...

Event ID: 1000 error
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0022_01CA7D70.30CCFCB0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="big5" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable HI ALL Expert. I got the error below can anybody tell me what the problem is? TKNL Faulting application explorer.exe, version 6.0.2900.3156, faulting = module unknown, version 0.0.0.0, fault address 0x35f75fac. For more information, see Help and Support Center at = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp. __________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus = sign...

Blank Senders
I keep receiving messages form "unknown". When I check "properties", there is no sender. When I access the messages from the web (before they are downloaded to Outlook), there is also "no sender", and I can not Block them from future messages. My ISP is Verizon, and they insist that they have NOTHING to do with this, and that there is no way that they can keep the messages from coming to me. Does anyone know what causes this, and how to stop it? Thanks. > Does anyone know what causes this, and how to stop it? Thanks. I don't know the cause, but would gue...

How to block emails with empty sender?
I have an Exchange 5.5 (Build 2653.23 SP4) running on WinNT 4 SP6. I have set 'Hosts and clients that successfully authenticate' in Routing Restriction, but I still receive many junk emails with empty sender address. It seems like my server is still opened for relay for unauthorised people. Does MS have any patches for this? Please help. Put a . in message filering on the IMC. -- Hope that helps, Dan Townsend This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please do not send email to this address, post a reply to this newsgroup. Use of ...

Retaining blocked senders list for Exchange SP2 IMF
I noticed that when installing the new sp2 for exchange, one of the items is that if you have the v1 of the intelligent message filter installed, you might get a message to uninstall it during the exchange sp2 install process. My question is this: since I have a very big list of blocked senders that I spent a LOT of time inputting, is there a way to input them all back into the blocked senders list after I install the new sp2 for exchange? Is there a txt file that I could copy/paste the list into in the new intelligent message filter? The list is in the exchange system manager>"...

NDRs
Does anyone know if Exch 2K be setup to send NDRs to internal recipients when an external senders email has been blocked due to it's size? Thanks See my reply in previuos thread. Paul O'Hanlon wrote: > Does anyone know if Exch 2K be setup to send NDRs to > internal recipients when an external senders email has > been blocked due to it's size? > > Thanks ...

IMF and Sender exceptions question
Hi, I am having troubles with some emails that sometimes goes to user's junk folder and sometimes to the user�s inbox. These emails are to various users and I really can�t go to every user Outlook 2003 and add the sender to the recipients safe list. The same situation happen with Anothers emails that came from one of our company partners, In that case I want to make an exception for all the domain I want solve this situation doing something in the IMF or in a Group Policy. Is this possible ? thanks in advance Hi Javier If you know the IP address of the senders SMTP server you can ...

SNMP Object ID (oid)
We monitor the CPU Utilization of our Exchange Server to make sure it is not over 90% utilization. If it is; it is almost certain that store.exe is hanging and the server needs to be rebooted. We use the oid for Processor Activity - % percentProcessorTime which is 1.3.6.1.4.1.311.1.1.3.1.1.9.1.3.0. Does anyone know if there is an Oid for ExchangeIMC so we can track the amount of queues are in the Mail Connector? We use IPMonitor from mediahouse to page us if the thresholds are increased. Thanks for checking this out. ...

Printing Different Invoice Forms depending on Customer Class ID
We bill in multiple currencies for multiple countries. Does anyone know how to automate the procedure to print the SOP Invoice document on different forms based on customer Class ID or currency? -- Burke Gladding How different are the formats? You might be able to use one format with conditional formatting for elements on the report. "Burke Gladding" wrote: > We bill in multiple currencies for multiple countries. Does anyone know how > to automate the procedure to print the SOP Invoice document on different > forms based on customer Class ID or currency? > -- ...

550 Sender verify failed #2
I'm getting this error when trying to send to one particular domain. All other domains relay fine, as far as i can tell. These are the headers, edited for anonymity of course: Received: by canonical.domain.com id <01C3DBB2.5EF0B200@canonical.domain.com>; Thu, 15 Jan 2004 16:56:04 -0500 MIME-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: multipart/mixed; boundary="----_=_NextPart_002_01C3DBB2.5EF0B200" Content-Class: urn:content-classes:message X-MimeOLE: Produced By Microsoft Exchange V6.0.6249.0 Subject: Message status - undeliverable Date: 15 Jan 2004 16:56:04 -0500 Message-ID: <s006c624...

Product Key and Product ID
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I have the MAC Home and Student Edition of OFFICE and I have already installed 2 of the 3 licenses. I forgot which one 1 of the 3 licenses I haven't used yet. What could I do? Thank you. bumblebee168@officeformac.com wrote: > I have the MAC Home and Student Edition of OFFICE and I have already > installed 2 of the 3 licenses. I forgot which one 1 of the 3 licenses > I haven't used yet. What could I do? Thank you. Nothing after the install will tell you exactly what you've already installed. From ...

Changing the administrator's mailbox for NDRs
Hi all, I have a problem whereby when I get a non delivery report via email, I want to change the email address which this NDR comes from. I have an Exchange Server 2003, and the NDR comes from an smtp email address which belongs to the administrator account which was used to set up the mail server, although I would like to change which email address its coming from, can anyone advise please? Thanks. ...

Automate NDRs for Disabled queues
Hi, We run an internal-only Exchange 2003 server on our SBS 2K3 server, primarily for the calendar and tasks but also for sending memos as emails. Outbound mails are disabled at the server, so all the external domain queues are disabled. There are a few users who do have IMAP accounts with our ISP that send external messages. These users sometimes inadvertently send outbound mail using their exchange account, as opposed to their IMAP account. When this happens, the message sits in the disabled queue on the server until I open Exchange System Manager, see the presence of messages in the dis...

Exchange Server 2003 NDRs
Random users are getting this NDR with no x.x.x value associated with them. I was wondering if anyone had any insight... Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: Something Sent: 2/25/2004 6:53 PM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: SomeonesEmail@SomeCompany.com on 2/25/2004 6:53 PM You do not have permission to send to this recipient. For assistance, contact your system administrator. MSEXCH:MSExchangeIS:/DC=com/DC=domain/DC=subdomain:ExchServer I have altered some of the text to hide keep privacy, but the ema...

Deploying Windows Mobile-based devices with Exchange
Hello, Im a novice in Exchange 2003, I have an urgent request by my company CEO to get up and running windows Mobile phone with exchange server, Server has exchange sp2 installed and all components for direct push is select and configured properly. My problem is that I don’t know how to get My exchange server smtp or path name to enter on the windows mobile phone. I tried looking for it all over. Our exchange admin left the company and now im responsible for it Please help Eddie You configure the Exchange server under the ActiveSync settings on the device - there is a Configure Server ...

attaching unique id to each mail sent out through CRM while using quick Camapaign for a selected list of contacts
Microsoft CRM : how to attach unique id to each mail sent out through CRM while using quick Camapaign for a selected list of contacts? The ID should be different for each contact. Also , i need to have a mechanism to include a mail template from a set of available templates while the quick campaign is created. Any help will be appreciated. ...

searching NDRs
hello i am trying to search through all the NDR, i get, for all the "mailbox full" NDRs. however when i type "mailbox" or "full" (or even mailbox full!) into outlook's search bar it does not find any, yet i can wade through the load of ndrs and physical see them! the reason i want to do this is to try and clean up my database so i dont keep emailling people with bad email address', but if i take all the ndr's and ban them i am also banning proper customers who have full mailboxes! please help! all the best andrew andrew.pennynospam@checkmyfile....

Event id 9693 MsExchangeIS
Has anyone else in the world seen this? I used to get 9667 before upgrading to SP2. Hi Stillabdul, I need more information to be able to assist you with this. Can you please post the entire event here to the newsgroups ... please change and internal information to generic names like "Computer". Hope this Helps, -- Matthew Byrd Microsoft PSS Run Microsoft Exchange Server Best Practices Analyzer Today http://www.microsoft.com/exchange/exbpa When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader so that others may learn and benefit from your issue. ...

Data Migration Framework = Joke
This MS "Data Migration Framework" is nothing of the sort. It doesn't even migrate over a Contact's Email address...their email address! Probably the single most important thing you want to bring over other than their name. It also says it brings over Notes but it doesn't. It is cludgy and cumbersome and clearly just a last minute MS hack...thanks MS! Aaron, Thanks for the feedback. However, please elaborate on your statement that "It doesn't even > migrate over a Contact's Email address". The Data Migration Framework (DMF) does support the migr...

Preferred way to select IDs of duplicate rows
Hello, My table contains PK field ptID and nonunique nvarchar data field ptValue. Time to time I'd need to consolidate the duplicate values that have aggregated there over time. It's easy to select them: SELECT MAX(ptID), ptValue, COUNT(ptID) FROM PropertiesTxt GROUP BY ptValue HAVING COUNT(ptID)>1 Now, I'd like to have a list of ptID values that have those duplicate data. What I do now, is SELECT ptID FROM PropertiesTxt WHERE ptValue IN ( SELECT ptValue FROM PropertiesTxt GROUP BY ptValue HAVING COUNT(ptID)...