NDR's (Why wasn't I getting them w/ Exch. 5.5)

We have been getting numerous NDR's since we remoived the
last Exch. 5.5 server from our network and are using only
Exch.2003. The emails seem to be going to the address of
our router rather than the address of the firewall(which
is where they previously went). I know that Ex5.5 used
IMS, but when I changed to Ex2003 it wouldn't allow me to
start the service reporting some error about clustering.
Now I am running SMTPVS and have a routing group connector
to the firewall address, but the email NDR's still return
with the address of the router. Any suggestions.
0
ftoner (6)

Getting started with Macros
Can someone provide a good web site that details how to use macros. I have never used them and I have no idea where to start. Thanks, Ant Hi see: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/getstarted.htm -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Ant wrote: > Can someone provide a good web site that details how to use macros. > I have never used them and I have no idea where to start. > > Thanks, > Ant "Ant" <Ant@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8B8ADCB9-4F0A-451F-A1F7-0392112AF5AB@microsoft.com... > Can someone provide a good web site tha...

Exchange 5.5 and blocking incoming emails
Hello, And thanks in advance for any help you can give. I have several domains I do not wish to receive emails from the Interent via SMTP. Is there a way to specifically restrict email coming in from these domains? I searched thru the help files and search on Microsoft with no luck. On Tue, 5 Jul 2005 12:38:07 -0700, "TooTired" <TooTired@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hello, >And thanks in advance for any help you can give. I have several domains I >do not wish to receive emails from the Interent via SMTP. Is there a way to >specifically restrict ema...

Why can't I get my hotmail account linked to office 2000?
I have Office 2000 installed on my laptop and I am trying to link hotmail to my mail service. I am not able to import my hotmail account or send messages and would like guidance on how I can get this set up. I am using a cable connection, thanks for the help! I know this is about using outlook, but you may want to consider Thunderbird as an alternative. It's free and it's a pretty darn good replacement for Outlook. Currently Yahoo, Hotmail, Lycos (Europe), MailDotCom, Gmail, Libero, and AOL domains are supported. "Eddie" <Eddie@discussions.microsoft.com> ...

New mailboxes not getting added to store
We have a running Exc 2003 server that has been working fine for several months now, but recently when adding users in AD and making sure the 'create mailbox' box is ticked on user add screen, the mailbox is not added to the store. The user is set up in AD and can be seen across all servers, and the Exc settings are seen, but no mailbox, email address etc. HELP?!?! "AG" <andrew.griffiths@xko.co.uk> wrote: >We have a running Exc 2003 server that has been working >fine for several months now, but recently when adding >users in AD and making sure the &#...

Size of Excel file keeps getting bigger
I have a fairly small Excel file (~300K), that I update frequently. Mostly I am just replacing some text data, on which a lot of calculations are done. The text is being copied from a web page, so there is some HTML formatting and graphics data associated that make it about 30K in size The text being replaced is the same size as the new text, but when I close the file the size of the file goes up 30K or so. I can't figure out why it keeps increasing. The data is actually replaced, in that the cells have been overwritten. Any ideas? Is it keeping the old data around somehow, even ...

Stopping NDR's
Is there away to stop NDR's for users that no longer exist in Exchange 2000, and also keep the "Bad Mail" folder from filling up? Thanks Brad Create an Emtpy Distribution List with no members. Add the ex-employee email address to the DL list. They will simply disappear. For the Bad Mail, you can write a simple batch file to purge or delete the folder. -- John Oliver, Jr. MCSE, MCT, CCNA, Exchange MVP Microsoft Certified Partner "Brad" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:057a01c3d3e0$48730b60$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Is there away ...

Calendar #5
I have two calendars in Outlook, one for my business appointments and one for my personal appointments. I have all the holidays until 2007 on my business calendar but can't get them to appear on my personal calendar. -- Jim, You'll need to copy them from the business calendar to the personal calendar. Switch the view on your business calendar folder to "By Category". The holidays will all appear in the Holiday category. Select all items, then right-click and drag them to the personal calendar folder and drop. Choose "Copy" from the popup menu. -- Jocelyn ...

Get an email to pick up an attachment
What I want to achieve is to have excel open outlook and send a specific email which is to pick up an attachment (which will be created by excel) witha specific name and then emailed. Does anybody know if this is at all possible? Any help much appreciated, kind regards, Mark Ron de Bruin is an Excel MVP and "King of Emailing from Excel" (IMHO). He's got tons of information here: http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm ******************* ~Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "Mark Stephens" <mark@sentryi.com> wrote in message news:dciv6n$ec5$1@mawar.singnet.c...

Blocking inbound mail with Exch 2003
Has anyone had any success blocking inbound mail in 2k3. If so what steps did you take to make it happen I have an older version than you but in 5.5 this is done in Internet Mail Service, Connections Tab, Message filtering button. >-----Original Message----- >Has anyone had any success blocking inbound mail in 2k3. >If so what steps did you take to make it happen >. > It depends on HOW you want to block it. If you want to block ANY email from a specific server or IP address, then you use the "connection filtering" (in ESM, under Global Settings, R-click &quo...

Cannot copy table from Excel 2007 to Word 2007 w invisible grid li
How do I copy a table from Excel 2007 to Word 2007 with invisible grid lines? In previous version of Word, it was possible to do so by clicking on "insert special" and choose one of the categories (I have forgotten which). With Word 2007, the grid lines become visible no matter which option I choose under "insert special". Is it possible for you to help me? Thanks! To hide the gridlines, click the View Gridlines button (to deselect the option) on the Table Tools Layout tab. This setting will be preserved between Word sessions. If you are in fact referr...

getting pixels in an array out of an picture control
Hi, I just could get an CImage out of an picture control. But this CImage is not an Dib so I can't use the methode GetBits or GetPitch. How can I get the picture data in an array out of an picture control? Thank you for your help kind regards jorge try this on image.m_hBitmap use GetDIBits(...) on the handle you obtain above to get the data. "J�rg Weber" <j.weber@wincan.com> wrote in message news:#M3hMh6qEHA.536@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > I just could get an CImage out of an picture control. But this CImage is not > an Dib so I can't use the...

Can't get rid of "Microsoft User Data" folder in Documents Folder
I've tried to move and delete the Microsoft User Data folder which appears in my main Documents Folder. Every time I use Office VX, it reapears. Changing the name of the Documents folder didn't work, Office VX just created a new one Does anyone know how to move it to another location? Very grateful for any suggestions Thanks Paul On Tue, 23 Nov 2004 18:36:29 -0600, Paul Sweeney wrote (in article <ef3e5d49.0411231636.74f3ad9c@posting.google.com>): > I've tried to move and delete the Microsoft User Data folder which > appears in my main Documents Folder. Every time ...

Can't get Firefox to open .html files as a limited user
I have set Firefox to open .html and .htm under my admin account but under a limited user it uses Internet Explorer to open them. How can I fix that? Thanks. change the settings in the account, elevate it temporarily to make the changes. Mint wrote: > I have set Firefox to open .html and .htm under my admin account but > under a limited user it uses Internet Explorer to open them. > > How can I fix that? > > Thanks. Ask in a Firefox newsgroup, HoopleHead. "Mint" <chocolatemint77581@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:024004f0-a8ae...

Get Your Competitiors Domain Deleted
Get Your Competitiors Domain Deleted Just send me 50$ to my paypal account sethb at panix.com and join http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/laptop-tapers/ and post about your competitiors domain I will complain to the domain registrar of your competitiors domain 50 times and get your competitior's domain deleted This is so easy and you are getting all these for only 50$ Regards, Seth Breidbart On 24 Sep 2006 05:44:15 -0700, SethBreidbart@gmail.com wrote: >Get Your Competitiors Domain Deleted > >Just send me 50$ to my paypal account sethb at panix.com >and join >http://...

NDR ?
I get one of the following messages whenever I try to send messages to certain recipients: The following recipient(s) could not be reached: 'betsy@xyz.com' on 4/12/04 9:39 AM The recipient name is not recognized The MTS-ID of the original message is: c=US;a=PRIMARY;p=ELLIST;l=HERAD-040412133844Z-433 ------------------------------------------------- The following recipient(s) could not be reached: 'adam@abc.com' on 3/25/2004 1:53 PM Unable to deliver the message due to a communications failure The MTS-ID of the original message is: c=US;a=PRIMARY;p=ELLIST;l=HERAD-040325185233...

Get a listing of files with WMI
Hi, Can anyone point me to an example (in C#) of how to get a listing of files from a remote machine using WMI & C#? I have no problem using cross-domain log in and getting a list of processes from the machine, and I've found how to get a list of directories on the machine - I just can't seem to find how to get the files and file information from a specific directory on the machine. Really appreciate your help. CSharpWorker wrote: > Hi, > Can anyone point me to an example (in C#) of how to get a listing of files > from a remote machine using WMI & ...

How do you get the XPath expression of the current node?
Hi, I am moving through an XML document using an XPath Navigator, and I'd like to be able to get the xpath expression for the location of the current node from the root node. Any ideas how to do this? I was hoping for a property of the navigator object, but I can't find it..... Thanks in advance for any help! Rob Code sample: private void Page_Load(object sender, System.EventArgs e) { XPathNavigator nav; XPathDocument docNav; docNav = new XPathDocument(@"c:\template.xml"); nav = docNav.CreateNavigator(); nav.MoveToRoot(); nav.MoveToFirstChild(); do { if (na...

Desktop vanished! How can I get my desktop back?
This morning all the links and icons on my desktop have disappeared. After I started Windows this morning they are just not there, althouth the picture I have long used for a background remains. And the links, shortcuts and files are still in documents and settings/......./desktop. What could have happened? I have tried to drag from the folder to the desktop, but, of course, I get the error"source and destination are same." I created a folder and dragged it to the desktop and it vanished. A search for the folder I created lists it on the desktop, but there is nothin...

need help #5
Humaneyes from Israel really sucks! ...

NDR's and Virus's
I recieved a e-mail from my T-1 provider stating "A host (my domain ip) within your IP block appears to be the source of an email containing the virus: Worm.Sober.U. The email address listed in the from field in messages sent by most viruses is generally spoofed. Please ensure that your mail server is not sending a virus notification or NDR (non delivery report) to this address as these methods can be used directly or indirectly to propagate email viruses." I have determined that it is indeed a NDR report being generated causing the issue. I also notice that when I do a ...

allowing user@[sample.ip.address] in Exchange 5.5
is ther a way to enable our mail server to accept inbound/outbound mail in the form of: user@[ipaddress] ex. allow abuse@tcl.com.ph with ip 203.160.172.233 to recevied mail form of: abuse@[203.160.172.233] i have exchange 5.5 sp 6. on win NT thanks "disk0nek" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:08bc01c3be1c$eba9a070$a101280a@phx.gbl... > is ther a way to enable our mail server to accept > inbound/outbound mail in the form of: > > user@[ipaddress] > > ex. > > allow abuse@tcl.com.ph with ip 203.160.172.233 to recevied > ...

Anyone able to get Ameritrade stocks purchases to update in their portfolio
I'm sure I've seen this problem before and I can't remember what the fix is. (don't trade that often). Anyway seems that my downloaded stock transactions from Ameritrade don't seem to get updated prices online. I'm using money 2004 if that makes any difference, any advice would be appreciated. TIA, Brian Not since Sep 2001. I anxiously await the fix. Jim On Fri, 10 Dec 2004 04:17:43 -0800, "Brian H" <brianh4321@hotmail.com> wrote: > I'm sure I've seen this problem before and I can't remember what the fix is. (don't tr...

Automatic Updates Service is getting disabled, can you help
Hello folks I am experiencing next problem: When I run Windows Update, I am getting a message that One of the services - turns out Automatic Update - is disabled. I enable it and re-run update and again getting the same message. When I looked at the services - it's disabled again. I tried to disable Antivirus, it does not help. Any clues? Gene. wrote: > I am experiencing next problem: When I run Windows Update, I am > getting a message that One of the services - turns out Automatic > Update - is disabled. I enable it and re-run update and again > getting the same m...

OOO and NDR Security Risk Solutions
Hi, I'd like to enable NDRs and external OOO messages, which have been disabled by the previous IT Manager, but I am aware of the potential security risks. Can someone please recommend security tools which help prevent some of these risks? Thanks, Matt I know that guns kill people. Can someone recommend a gun that doesn't kill people as much? -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" <mlaufer@srg.com> wrote in message news:1160520993.355412.165180@b28g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > > I'd like to enable N...

Publisher 2002 #5
I just had Publisher 2002 installed. For some reason I cannot now use my mouse roller to zoom in and out on the document like I could on the prior version. Can anyone help me? Try CTRL-mousewheel to zoom, mousewheel alone to scroll. Randall Arnold "anne" <anne@cityofmillcreek.com> wrote in message news:a2ae01c35c5e$cc0f45a0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > I just had Publisher 2002 installed. For some reason I > cannot now use my mouse roller to zoom in and out on the > document like I could on the prior version. Can anyone > help me? ...