NDR's Post Org to Org migration

I am involved in a org to org migration. Since the merger the 2
companies were using the Galsynch part of MIIS to create contact
objects for newly created mailbox accounts in each domain in the
opposite domain.  This was turned off just recently and now contacts
are created manually on each side as the new user count is very small.

Each domain shares the same domain name: @company.com
Recipient policy on Domain/Org A creates a user@company.com and
user@company.local SMTP address for mailboxes created on the Org

Recipient policy on Domain/Org B creates a user@company.com and
user@company.local SMTP address for mailboxes created on the Org for
contacts created on the Org

Scenario:

Mailbox user1 in Domain/Org A sends mail to mailbox user2 in Domain/
Org A
Mailbox user1 is migrated to Domain/OrgB

Mailbox user2 replies to an old email from Mailbox user1
Mailbox user2 gets the following error:

Subject: Undeliverable: Delivery failure (IMCEAex-
_O=COMPANY_OU=COMPANYSJ_CN=RECIPIENTS_CN=YDAGAN@company.local)

IMCEAex-_O=COMPANY_OU=COMPANY_CN=RECIPIENTS_CN=YDAGAN@company.local on
4/10/2007 10:30 AM

Mailbox user 2's outlook cache on the old message has: /O=COMPANY/
OU=COMPANYSJ/CN=RECIPIENTS/CN=YDAGAN in the Display field

Solutions tried:
Added x.500 address to Mailbox User1's new contact in Domain/Org A
that matches that listed in Mailbox user2 outlook cache for user1.
Didn't stop the same NDR message so removed the newly added address.

Added x.500 address in Mailbox user1's new contact in Domain/Org A
that matches that listed in the NDR.

Still getting NDR's, removed the newly added address

Any help would be greatly appreciated

0
gmosedale (4)

Stopping NDR's
Is there away to stop NDR's for users that no longer exist in Exchange 2000, and also keep the "Bad Mail" folder from filling up? Thanks Brad Create an Emtpy Distribution List with no members. Add the ex-employee email address to the DL list. They will simply disappear. For the Bad Mail, you can write a simple batch file to purge or delete the folder. -- John Oliver, Jr. MCSE, MCT, CCNA, Exchange MVP Microsoft Certified Partner "Brad" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:057a01c3d3e0$48730b60$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Is there away ...

Org Grouping with XLS
Hi, Im trying to produce an updatable visio org chart from XLS. Ive had some success with the wizard, however I need to visually "group" contacts by PROJECT. I want to Group Contacts from different Companies to the same Project. Reports_To seems to circular, can it be altered? by design the OrgChart wizard drops shapes on the page randomly to increase performance (every time it is run), which plays havoc with sorting and updating .... If the teams are static, you might consider a role based fixed chart and then use data linking for updating positions (you don't get a...

Data Migration in CRM 1.2
Hi I have CRM Server installed on a IIS server, with the SQL part installed on a second SQL server and Then on a third server i have the CRM Email part installed with active directory. I have SQL DB backup files from a previos CRM installation which i want to import into CRM. The DB backup file is under the MSDN_Subscriber key and with the current installation we are using the company name(so Database and company names are different, if that makes a diffrence i dont know. When i try to install the CRM data migration framework it starts installing and then stops with no error msg bu...

NDR ?
I get one of the following messages whenever I try to send messages to certain recipients: The following recipient(s) could not be reached: 'betsy@xyz.com' on 4/12/04 9:39 AM The recipient name is not recognized The MTS-ID of the original message is: c=US;a=PRIMARY;p=ELLIST;l=HERAD-040412133844Z-433 ------------------------------------------------- The following recipient(s) could not be reached: 'adam@abc.com' on 3/25/2004 1:53 PM Unable to deliver the message due to a communications failure The MTS-ID of the original message is: c=US;a=PRIMARY;p=ELLIST;l=HERAD-040325185233...

test post #3
I've posted a couple messages today that havn't shown up. Just testing my account. Frank ...

Yet Another "Can Receive but not Send Mail" Post
Sending on behalf of my parents: After having to rebuild Vista after SP1 killed the laptop, am now in the not uncommon situation where trying to send mail results in: "Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Subject 'b', Account: 'mail.talktalk.net', Server: 'smtp.talktalk.net', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10053, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F" I have uninstalled Norton Firewall and A/V (including using t...

posting setup #4
Posting Setup needs a Mark All / Unmark All above the ?, Screen, Printer, File check boxes to facilitate setting these checkboxes. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.ms...

Migrating CRM and Customizations
We're customizing CRM on a test machine, and intend to implement it on another server. Is it enough to back up our databases from the test machine and restore then on the 2nd server or do we need to export our customizations from the test machine as well ? What is the order of these operations ? Any help would be appreciated. Hi, There is new Redeployment tool out by Microsoft for this task, Get this tool from them and your task is simplified. Let me know if you need help in getting this tool or using the tool. Q >-----Original Message----- >We're customizing CRM on a test ...

Cannot open original message in NDR
Hello, When I receive a NDR I cannot open the original message in Outlook 2003. When I use Outlook Express I can open and view the original message. What do I have to do to see the original message in Outlook 2003? Kind regards: Emiel Kempen. what's NDR? nntp://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.outlook/<OcPrtbI0EHA.1392@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl> Hello, When I receive a NDR I cannot open the original message in Outlook 2003. When I use Outlook Express I can open and view the original message. What do I have to do to see the original message in Outlook 2003? ...

Add Option in US Payroll that stops posting PR in prior Year
Add an option in Microsoft Dynamics GP that doesn't allow the processing and posting of payroll in a prior calendar year. It can easily happen at the beginning of a new calendar year or even in the middle of a calendar year that payroll's are accidently processed and posted to the prior calendar year which requires restoring from a backup or You could even make this a part of the US Payroll closing routine to automatically mark this setting in payroll setup. While the Company periods closing options helps some, a setting in payroll itself would make it more difficult for us...

NDR
Have a remote user who connects to LAN via VPN, using XP professional and Office XP small business. Email worked fine yesterday but now user cannot send mail, gets following error message: Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: RE: test Sent: 10/16/2003 11:44 AM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: recipients name on 10/16/2003 11:44 AM None of your e-mail accounts could send to this recipient. User can receive email without any problems. I cannot find this in the knowledge base so any help would be g...

Unique user reports people are getting NDR's when sending him messages within my organization
Strange behavior. About 5 users report that sending messages to "Smith, John" (a valid user in my organization) returns an NDR. I attempted to send message to "Smith, John" and it works fine. I noticed that users who complain messages are failing are housed in the same Mailbox Store, Storage and Exchange server than John, Smith. I attempted to track message below using Messaging Tracking center but no results were returned. Please advise how can I troubleshoot this ? What this error could be ? From: System Administrator Sent: Monday, November 07, 2005 7:28 AM T...

Posting date in general ledger
I would like to have a warning of a post date for manual entries in the general ledger module. It automatic defaults to the system date and I have posted to future months in error. Ex. I am doing adjusting journal entries for May in June and it posted to June. Since you cannot completely delete entry, my june general ledger has a entries that should not be their (along with the voids). Messy looking. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" b...

OOO and NDR Security Risk Solutions
Hi, I'd like to enable NDRs and external OOO messages, which have been disabled by the previous IT Manager, but I am aware of the potential security risks. Can someone please recommend security tools which help prevent some of these risks? Thanks, Matt I know that guns kill people. Can someone recommend a gun that doesn't kill people as much? -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" <mlaufer@srg.com> wrote in message news:1160520993.355412.165180@b28g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > > I'd like to enable N...

Outlook cannot perform this search
Hi, On using advanced search and search from the context menu I get the following error when the advanced search box opens. "Outlook cannot perform your search. Outlook cannot display this view. The folders specified are not available." The feature worked fine earlier. I have tried the fix outlook /cleanfilters suggested in the KB and on this newsgroup with not success. I have also started outlook in safe mode and deleted all but the default search folders. I have also used the outlook /resetfolders switch to start Outlook. Even after all the above the error still persists. Is the...

NDR's and Virus's
I recieved a e-mail from my T-1 provider stating "A host (my domain ip) within your IP block appears to be the source of an email containing the virus: Worm.Sober.U. The email address listed in the from field in messages sent by most viruses is generally spoofed. Please ensure that your mail server is not sending a virus notification or NDR (non delivery report) to this address as these methods can be used directly or indirectly to propagate email viruses." I have determined that it is indeed a NDR report being generated causing the issue. I also notice that when I do a ...

Data Migration
Unable to migrate data into MSCRM... this is just a test run (thats leading to nowhere). I'm eventually goint to go direct using the crm framework but need something up and running asap to convince the brass to go with MS CRM package (currently using SalesForce) Recieving "User ID or Team ID is missing" error... does anyone know to resolve this or has anyone ever come across this error? Details: Only have basic information for Accounts, Contacts & Leads (i.e. Name, address, phone, and their relations) TerritoryID has been set on Accounts and Contacts. OwningUserName ha...

NDR #6
Hi I get the follwoing message Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: test Sent: 26/10/2004 08:27 The following recipient(s) could not be reached: Wright, Doug . on 26/10/2004 08:27 A configuration error in the e-mail system caused the message to bounce between two servers or to be forwarded between two recipients. Contact your administrator. <server.domain.com #5.4.6> I have the ADC in place I only get this message when sending to the this exchange 5.5 site from 2003 server the connector shows no e...

Cheque run - post batch
Hope someone can give me a few suggestions I have a customer (V9) who recently (last couple of weeks) occasionally gets an issue with cheque posting. When posting batch - they get a message re data errors and the batch can go into batch recovery. However when they mark the batch in batch recovery , there are no errors and the batch just posts. Once when this happened, the creditor had been updated ok but duplicates were posted to the chequebook and the GL. A second time, the batch went into batch recovery but there were no actual transactions left unposted - only the batch header left wh...

E2k3 NDR's
Hi folks, This is a silly one I know, but is there a way of collecting alls messages for domain to one mailbox without sending an NDR where the name came not be found. IE user John@123.com will receive mail direct to John, but Daivd will receive all other mail to @123.com without entering all the different names. Want I want is a catch all. Thanks in advance Stephen Why dont you try the "forward all unresolved" recipients to host on the SMTP virtual server. If you use a windows 2000 SMTP service as the forwarding server, the messages can go into the DROP directory. "...

NDR
I'm getting a NDR on my E2003 server with the following error in it: #5.5.0 smtp error 552 recipient counts exceeds maximum I'm not able to find anything about the error message and I'm wondering what it means and what to do about it. Regards, Rob ...

test Post #4
Please ignore ...

Data Migration Install
I keep getting an error installing the Migration Framework. I have done the following. 1) using same user as was when installing Server 2) user is a domain admin 3) user has a professional suite license 4) workflow services stopped Any suggestions? ...

Posting Setup Changing
I have a question regarding the posting setup for transaction or batch jorunal entry. My client has an issue where they want all transactions for the gl to be posted as a jounral entry per batch. We have set this options for all series and origins. But it does not seem to be sticking. We made sure the settings were right this am and when the Receivables Cash Reciepts got posted this afternoon they were posted to the gl as transactions not batch. I have verified that the system was only changed this am, by running the security set-up report. I am wondering if for some reason the ...