NDR in 2 Exchange Servers 2003 on 2 domains

Hi,

2 Exchange servers 2003. 2 domains. a.fr and b.fr. The Active Directory
domain is xxx.local.

Each domain is hosted on a distinct server, on the same Exchange
organization. When an email arrives from outside the non delivery receipt is
sent from postmaster@xxx.local. As almost every MTA now is checking if the
'from' belongs to a valid domain, this does not work.

It is possible to change the NDR originator to postmaster@a.fr or
postmaster@b.fr. But this is valid for the whole organisation. And I need
the a.fr server to answer with postmaster@a.fr and the b.fr server answer
from postmaster@b.fr.

Any clues ?

Thanks,

Alex

0
alex2903 (8)

autoreply #2
Goodmorning, We are using Outlook2003 with Exchange server 5.5. Is it possible to make a rule with ''have server reply using a specific message '' with the original message? I want when: a message arrives to send a reply, always, but WITH the original message, otherwise people don't know on which message this reply is send. Thanks. John No. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "John Knijn" <john.knijn@p...

Exchange not releasing e-mail fast
I have an Exchange 2000 server with clients using Outlook 2000 and some have Outlook 2003. Several of the users experience delays when sending e-mais to other users of the same Exchange Server. In other words the internal e-mails that are sent stay in the "Outbox" for a long time and sometimes they have to go to Tools > Send/Recive All to get the e-mails to leave the outlook. outbox. Any suggestions? Pat Aloha Pat, Does this happen with OWA too or just Outlook? Only happens when sending mail to other users on the same server? Not when sending messages to Internet re...

Stopping NDR's
Is there away to stop NDR's for users that no longer exist in Exchange 2000, and also keep the "Bad Mail" folder from filling up? Thanks Brad Create an Emtpy Distribution List with no members. Add the ex-employee email address to the DL list. They will simply disappear. For the Bad Mail, you can write a simple batch file to purge or delete the folder. -- John Oliver, Jr. MCSE, MCT, CCNA, Exchange MVP Microsoft Certified Partner "Brad" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:057a01c3d3e0$48730b60$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Is there away ...

Exchange events not firing
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0008_01C5A4FE.1FC54E80 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi I have an Exchange server and an application that relies on Exchange = events being fired on a folder when items are added/deleted. This has been working fine, but now the events do not appear to be = firing. I have checked that permissions on the mailbox and the event = handler in COM+ are fine, and there is still a SystemMaibox on the = server that looks OK (although how do I tell?) The only chan...

2 sheets on 1 paper
Ive created several sheets in Excel....now I want to have it printet on a duplex printer...so I want the 2 sheets to be on same paper...one on front and the other on the back.. So far I havent found a solution...can anybody help me, plzzz ??? Hi One way http://www.rondebruin.nl/print.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin (Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2000-2003) www.rondebruin.nl "DJE" <junkmail2dje@nettaxi.com> wrote in message news:9B4677C2-A836-420C-9414-833B0DBACA13@microsoft.com... > Ive created several sheets in Excel....now I want to have it printet on a duplex printer...so I want...

Sheets #2
Hello, I have a macro that opens workbooks on demand using vba code. I would like to be able to create an error if a particular worksheet is not in the Excel file. I would like the error to display a message if the sheet is not in the file. How can I prepare my if statement to determine if a particular worksheet is in the file or not? Also, I would like to do this using vba code. Thank You, Here is one I use to activate,if open, or open if not. It's from a typed name in a cell using a double click event. Private Sub Worksheet_BeforeDoubleClick(ByVal Target As Range, Cancel As...

Am I running out of Exchange folder storage?
Win 2003 - Exchange Standard 2003 Please tell me if I am running out of alloted storage on both Public folder and mailbox folder. Do I need to move up to Enterprise Exchange to avoid 16GB limit in total folder storage? Thanks a million! Bill ------------ Event Type: Information Event Source: MSExchangeIS Public Store Event Category: General Event ID: 1221 Date: 9/15/2005 Time: 4:17:19 AM User: N/A Computer: EXCHANGESERVER Description: The database "First Storage Group\Public Folder Store (EXCHANGESERVER)" has 5 megabytes of free space after online defragmentation has termin...

Finding old items in Outlook 2003 Calendar
We have recently created a shared Calendar to use as a holiday planner. I have entered the history so that a full year can be recorded. When I do a find on an individuals name I cannot retrieve anything before the current date. Nothing has been archived and I cannot find anything to change in advanced search. "pav" <pav@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:511DC033-4DF8-4119-BC1D-87EF134FEE92@microsoft.com... > We have recently created a shared Calendar to use as a holiday planner. I > have entered the history so that a full year can be rec...

Export troubles #2
I am currently trying to get the following fields to export from the Task items into an Excel spreadsheet or even a .csv for that matter Subject, % Complete, Created Date, Due Date, Date Completed, Owner, Requested by I can get 4 of the 7 fields to export, but am unable to export the others. I have defined them in my views so they are visible. When I try to define custom mappings, I am unable to see 'Owner, Requested by, Created Date' fields in order to map them. I have tried following the KB#236903 with no success and I am unable to find the field names on the list provided in KB...

NDR ?
I get one of the following messages whenever I try to send messages to certain recipients: The following recipient(s) could not be reached: 'betsy@xyz.com' on 4/12/04 9:39 AM The recipient name is not recognized The MTS-ID of the original message is: c=US;a=PRIMARY;p=ELLIST;l=HERAD-040412133844Z-433 ------------------------------------------------- The following recipient(s) could not be reached: 'adam@abc.com' on 3/25/2004 1:53 PM Unable to deliver the message due to a communications failure The MTS-ID of the original message is: c=US;a=PRIMARY;p=ELLIST;l=HERAD-040325185233...

Linking Error: Using VC6 dll in VC.Net 2003
I wrote a program in MFC linking with another MFC extend DLL in VC6.0 before. But now I am writing another program in VC.Net2003 linking the same VC6 DLL said as before. While I compile my program, it said that Linking Error. I already set the project setting to link to that LIB. How should I do now? Thanks, Kevin Tang ...

Why is Exchange only allowing one MAPI connection?
I posted a question yesterday called "Outlook could not log on error msg". I found out that an existing user I was setting up on a new computer could not logon to Exchange more than once simultaneously. Other users have posted saying that Exchange 2003 should allow multiple simultaneous connections with no problem. I have been using multiple simultaneous connections from one user with Exchange 2000 for years now with no problems. I either have a problem with this one particular user or a problem with my Exchange 2003 server not allowing more than one simultaneous connecti...

O2003/O2007: How to delete E-mail from server when I move it from Inbox (Netscape-style functionality)
Hello, all. We're using Netscape, and would like to switch to Outlook. However, there's a problem: Netscape has the option to [X] Leave messages on server .... [X] Until I delete or move them from Inbox. <------ Outlook does not seem to allow this option - only deleting messages from server when deleted from "Deleted Items" folder. Reason this is a problem: we need to keep all E-mails archived in local folders, on each computer. Deleting them is NOT an option. So, here's my question: Is it possible to set up Outlook to delete a message from server when ...

Removing Space #2
Hello, I have a text string look like "xxx xxxx", 2 spaces between those x's. I would like to remove those spaces between the two strings. The left , right function cannot be used as i have different combination of word between the two words in the cell. Please advice. Thanks much. Hi Kaci, Try: '=============>> Public Sub Tester1() Dim sStr As String sStr = "abc xyz123" '<<==== CHANGE sStr = Replace(sStr, " ", "", 1) End Sub '<<============= Alternatively, if the strings are values held on...

set up multiple users in outlook #2
I am currently using and ISP that provides me with 7 different email and would like to start using Outlook to receive email opposed to the online website. I have been able to add the different email address into my mail accounts, however I am receiving all the emails into one inbox. Is there a way for a prompt to come up asking which user will be using Outlook and only the email pertaining to that user to be received in that session and that when email is sent out it is sent from that user. I understand that I can do it with Outlook Express under Identities Management however I would...

Cannot open original message in NDR
Hello, When I receive a NDR I cannot open the original message in Outlook 2003. When I use Outlook Express I can open and view the original message. What do I have to do to see the original message in Outlook 2003? Kind regards: Emiel Kempen. what's NDR? nntp://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.outlook/<OcPrtbI0EHA.1392@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl> Hello, When I receive a NDR I cannot open the original message in Outlook 2003. When I use Outlook Express I can open and view the original message. What do I have to do to see the original message in Outlook 2003? ...

Office 2003
-- This was posted in m.p.office.misc on Jan 7 2005 with no replies - trying here as well; hope crosspost doesn't annoy anyone -- ----------------------------- Hi - I have a client with Office 2003 SP1 on WinXP SP2 - a heavy Word user & generally quite tech-savvy. He says that recently, the default behavior in Word (and, all his Office applications) has changed - he used to be able to select File | Open, and enter the first letter of a filename, and it would autocomplete/suggest the file name both in-line and in a drop-down list. Now it isn't, and he can't think of anything...

How do I Full screen an Email??? #2
I looking for a way to look at an email that I receive in a full screen mode. The way I'm trying to see it is like I was in I.E. and pressed the f11 key or if I was in Word or Excel & used the Alt+V+U function for full screen. What I am trying to see just the heart of the email not the header or anything else but the email body ...

Auto Update #2
I have a password protected Excel document that contains links. Is there a way to have Excel automatically update these links on a daily basis without having to open the document, enter the password, then save the document? Thank you in advance, Tony Maybe you could have a macro do it for you. But you'll have to embed the passwords in the code. Tony wrote: > > I have a password protected Excel document that contains links. > > Is there a way to have Excel automatically update these links on a daily > basis without having to open the document, enter the password, t...

CRM 1.2 Internet Explorer crashing
Has anyone experienced IE crashing when changing windows in CRM 1.2 or know a fix for it? All my users here are reporting CRM closing down when trying to go from one screen to another in CRM, but it only happens at random. The error message logged is Faulting application iexplore.exe, version 6.0.2900.2180, faulting module mshtml.dll, version 6.0.2900.2963, fault address 0x0006cfce. TIA Hits Hello Hitesh, This looks like its covered under another thread. do a search for mshtml.dll and you'll find thread that ends with a note that MS is looking at it. I went down the same path myself,...

NDR
Have a remote user who connects to LAN via VPN, using XP professional and Office XP small business. Email worked fine yesterday but now user cannot send mail, gets following error message: Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: RE: test Sent: 10/16/2003 11:44 AM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: recipients name on 10/16/2003 11:44 AM None of your e-mail accounts could send to this recipient. User can receive email without any problems. I cannot find this in the knowledge base so any help would be g...

Unique user reports people are getting NDR's when sending him messages within my organization
Strange behavior. About 5 users report that sending messages to "Smith, John" (a valid user in my organization) returns an NDR. I attempted to send message to "Smith, John" and it works fine. I noticed that users who complain messages are failing are housed in the same Mailbox Store, Storage and Exchange server than John, Smith. I attempted to track message below using Messaging Tracking center but no results were returned. Please advise how can I troubleshoot this ? What this error could be ? From: System Administrator Sent: Monday, November 07, 2005 7:28 AM T...

Sumif??? #2
Okay I have a formula now that I am using to calc. the Year-to-date point will be deleted. "=SUM(EDATE(B8,12)+10" I want it to only calc. if there is a point value >0 in D. So I would use Sumif but Im not quite sure how to nest that together -- KellyMcG0 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- KellyMcG03's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1454 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26169 Hi still not very clear what you're trying to do. Try to post some data rows (p...

Terminal Server
We intend to use a terminal server for GP Dynamics. The client machines are LINUX. Is there any remote desktop connection for Linux desktop to be connected to the Windows Server? Thank you, Anila WinConnect from ThinSoft, Inc. www.thinsoftinc.com "anila" <anila@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2D3598C4-2336-4374-809A-9027FDE0A5CD@microsoft.com... > We intend to use a terminal server for GP Dynamics. The client machines > are > LINUX. Is there any remote desktop connection for Linux desktop to be > connected to the Windows Server? > >...

Exchange enterprise question
Can I install Exchange 2003 ENT on windows 2003 STD or does it have to be ENT too? Thanks Yes you can install Exchange 2003 Ent on Windows 2003 Server STD Regards D "Peretz Stern" <peretzstern@optonline.net> wrote in message news:e2vy48iWFHA.3320@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Can I install Exchange 2003 ENT on windows 2003 STD or does it have to be > ENT too? > > Thanks > > ...