NDR for msg over specified limit

I have set up mail forwarding to a non-local contact who is set up in the 
active directory, and have specified a limit on the message size that can 
be forwarded. How can I stop NDR's being returned to the sender when their 
message to the contact is over this size?

TIA,

Andy
0
bob (43)
7/25/2005 1:31:55 PM
exchange.admin 57650 articles. 2 followers. Follow

9 Replies
686 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 59

On Mon, 25 Jul 2005 06:31:55 -0700, Andy <bob@bob.com> wrote:

>I have set up mail forwarding to a non-local contact who is set up in the 
>active directory, and have specified a limit on the message size that can 
>be forwarded. How can I stop NDR's being returned to the sender when their 
>message to the contact is over this size?
>
>TIA,
>
>Andy


http://support.microsoft.com/?id=308303

0
adavid (8731)
7/25/2005 1:40:46 PM
Andy David - MVP <adavid@pleasekeepinngcheesebucket.com> wrote in
news:iuq9e1du92toehf1r111p5h8dmfpd607c2@4ax.com: 

> On Mon, 25 Jul 2005 06:31:55 -0700, Andy <bob@bob.com> wrote:
> 
>>I have set up mail forwarding to a non-local contact who is set up in
>>the active directory, and have specified a limit on the message size
>>that can be forwarded. How can I stop NDR's being returned to the
>>sender when their message to the contact is over this size?
>>
>>TIA,
>>
>>Andy
> 
> 
> http://support.microsoft.com/?id=308303
> 

Thanks. That article covers a slightly different problem... I want the 
original message to be delivered to the main recipient's mailbox as usual, 
with a copy of the message being forwarded to his offsite address. This is 
working fine. However, when the message contains an attachment, I don't 
want it to be forwarded to the offsite address, as it's a small mobile 
device. So the maximum message size is set in the properties of the offsite 
contact. However, this generates an NDR to the original sender when the 
message exceeds this size, and is the behaviour that I want to stop.
0
bob (43)
7/25/2005 2:46:25 PM
On Mon, 25 Jul 2005 07:46:25 -0700, Andy <bob@bob.com> wrote:

>Andy David - MVP <adavid@pleasekeepinngcheesebucket.com> wrote in
>news:iuq9e1du92toehf1r111p5h8dmfpd607c2@4ax.com: 
>
>> On Mon, 25 Jul 2005 06:31:55 -0700, Andy <bob@bob.com> wrote:
>> 
>>>I have set up mail forwarding to a non-local contact who is set up in
>>>the active directory, and have specified a limit on the message size
>>>that can be forwarded. How can I stop NDR's being returned to the
>>>sender when their message to the contact is over this size?
>>>
>>>TIA,
>>>
>>>Andy
>> 
>> 
>> http://support.microsoft.com/?id=308303
>> 
>
>Thanks. That article covers a slightly different problem... I want the 
>original message to be delivered to the main recipient's mailbox as usual, 
>with a copy of the message being forwarded to his offsite address. This is 
>working fine. However, when the message contains an attachment, I don't 
>want it to be forwarded to the offsite address, as it's a small mobile 
>device. So the maximum message size is set in the properties of the offsite 
>contact. However, this generates an NDR to the original sender when the 
>message exceeds this size, and is the behaviour that I want to stop.


I'll assume you have the forwarding set in ADUC rather then by OUtlook
rule. In this case you can create a SMTP connector, and set delivery
and size restrictions for that domain or by the specific contact.



0
adavid (8731)
7/25/2005 2:58:40 PM
Andy David - MVP <adavid@pleasekeepinngcheesebucket.com> wrote in
news:c9v9e11n6fdsvf4f0dhcgl9giufohuana9@4ax.com: 

> On Mon, 25 Jul 2005 07:46:25 -0700, Andy <bob@bob.com> wrote:
> 
>>Andy David - MVP <adavid@pleasekeepinngcheesebucket.com> wrote in
>>news:iuq9e1du92toehf1r111p5h8dmfpd607c2@4ax.com: 
>>
>>> On Mon, 25 Jul 2005 06:31:55 -0700, Andy <bob@bob.com> wrote:
>>> 
>>>>I have set up mail forwarding to a non-local contact who is set up
>>>>in the active directory, and have specified a limit on the message
>>>>size that can be forwarded. How can I stop NDR's being returned to
>>>>the sender when their message to the contact is over this size?
>>>>
>>>>TIA,
>>>>
>>>>Andy
>>> 
>>> 
>>> http://support.microsoft.com/?id=308303
>>> 
>>
>>Thanks. That article covers a slightly different problem... I want the
>>original message to be delivered to the main recipient's mailbox as
>>usual, with a copy of the message being forwarded to his offsite
>>address. This is working fine. However, when the message contains an
>>attachment, I don't want it to be forwarded to the offsite address, as
>>it's a small mobile device. So the maximum message size is set in the
>>properties of the offsite contact. However, this generates an NDR to
>>the original sender when the message exceeds this size, and is the
>>behaviour that I want to stop. 
> 
> 
> I'll assume you have the forwarding set in ADUC rather then by OUtlook
> rule. In this case you can create a SMTP connector, and set delivery
> and size restrictions for that domain or by the specific contact.
> 
> 
> 
> 

Ok that sounds like good idea, as I can then specify not to send system 
messages on this new connector. How do I make the forwards use the new 
connector whilst leaving everything else on the original one???
0
bob (43)
7/25/2005 3:36:13 PM
On Mon, 25 Jul 2005 08:36:13 -0700, Andy <bob@bob.com> wrote:

>Andy David - MVP <adavid@pleasekeepinngcheesebucket.com> wrote in
>news:c9v9e11n6fdsvf4f0dhcgl9giufohuana9@4ax.com: 
>
>> On Mon, 25 Jul 2005 07:46:25 -0700, Andy <bob@bob.com> wrote:
>> 
>>>Andy David - MVP <adavid@pleasekeepinngcheesebucket.com> wrote in
>>>news:iuq9e1du92toehf1r111p5h8dmfpd607c2@4ax.com: 
>>>
>>>> On Mon, 25 Jul 2005 06:31:55 -0700, Andy <bob@bob.com> wrote:
>>>> 
>>>>>I have set up mail forwarding to a non-local contact who is set up
>>>>>in the active directory, and have specified a limit on the message
>>>>>size that can be forwarded. How can I stop NDR's being returned to
>>>>>the sender when their message to the contact is over this size?
>>>>>
>>>>>TIA,
>>>>>
>>>>>Andy
>>>> 
>>>> 
>>>> http://support.microsoft.com/?id=308303
>>>> 
>>>
>>>Thanks. That article covers a slightly different problem... I want the
>>>original message to be delivered to the main recipient's mailbox as
>>>usual, with a copy of the message being forwarded to his offsite
>>>address. This is working fine. However, when the message contains an
>>>attachment, I don't want it to be forwarded to the offsite address, as
>>>it's a small mobile device. So the maximum message size is set in the
>>>properties of the offsite contact. However, this generates an NDR to
>>>the original sender when the message exceeds this size, and is the
>>>behaviour that I want to stop. 
>> 
>> 
>> I'll assume you have the forwarding set in ADUC rather then by OUtlook
>> rule. In this case you can create a SMTP connector, and set delivery
>> and size restrictions for that domain or by the specific contact.
>> 
>> 
>> 
>> 
>
>Ok that sounds like good idea, as I can then specify not to send system 
>messages on this new connector. How do I make the forwards use the new 
>connector whilst leaving everything else on the original one???

You can set the address space for the domain of the external contact.

0
adavid (8731)
7/25/2005 3:42:17 PM
Andy David - MVP <adavid@pleasekeepinngcheesebucket.com> wrote in
news:qq1ae15fqdce7nh9skrf1fmnsa0ur3h9di@4ax.com: 

> On Mon, 25 Jul 2005 08:36:13 -0700, Andy <bob@bob.com> wrote:
> 
>>Andy David - MVP <adavid@pleasekeepinngcheesebucket.com> wrote in
>>news:c9v9e11n6fdsvf4f0dhcgl9giufohuana9@4ax.com: 
>>
>>> On Mon, 25 Jul 2005 07:46:25 -0700, Andy <bob@bob.com> wrote:
>>> 
>>>>Andy David - MVP <adavid@pleasekeepinngcheesebucket.com> wrote in
>>>>news:iuq9e1du92toehf1r111p5h8dmfpd607c2@4ax.com: 
>>>>
>>>>> On Mon, 25 Jul 2005 06:31:55 -0700, Andy <bob@bob.com> wrote:
>>>>> 
>>>>>>I have set up mail forwarding to a non-local contact who is set up
>>>>>>in the active directory, and have specified a limit on the message
>>>>>>size that can be forwarded. How can I stop NDR's being returned to
>>>>>>the sender when their message to the contact is over this size?
>>>>>>
>>>>>>TIA,
>>>>>>
>>>>>>Andy
>>>>> 
>>>>> 
>>>>> http://support.microsoft.com/?id=308303
>>>>> 
>>>>
>>>>Thanks. That article covers a slightly different problem... I want
>>>>the original message to be delivered to the main recipient's mailbox
>>>>as usual, with a copy of the message being forwarded to his offsite
>>>>address. This is working fine. However, when the message contains an
>>>>attachment, I don't want it to be forwarded to the offsite address,
>>>>as it's a small mobile device. So the maximum message size is set in
>>>>the properties of the offsite contact. However, this generates an
>>>>NDR to the original sender when the message exceeds this size, and
>>>>is the behaviour that I want to stop. 
>>> 
>>> 
>>> I'll assume you have the forwarding set in ADUC rather then by
>>> OUtlook rule. In this case you can create a SMTP connector, and set
>>> delivery and size restrictions for that domain or by the specific
>>> contact. 
>>> 
>>> 
>>> 
>>> 
>>
>>Ok that sounds like good idea, as I can then specify not to send
>>system messages on this new connector. How do I make the forwards use
>>the new connector whilst leaving everything else on the original
>>one??? 
> 
> You can set the address space for the domain of the external contact.
> 

I see, that looks good. So if I leave the address space of the original
connector as *, then all except the domain of the external contact
(which will go in the address space of the new connector) will still be
routed through the original connector? Or do I have to somehow
explicitly exclude this domain? 
0
bob (43)
7/25/2005 3:55:28 PM
On Mon, 25 Jul 2005 08:55:28 -0700, Andy <bob@bob.com> wrote:

>Andy David - MVP <adavid@pleasekeepinngcheesebucket.com> wrote in
>news:qq1ae15fqdce7nh9skrf1fmnsa0ur3h9di@4ax.com: 
>
>> On Mon, 25 Jul 2005 08:36:13 -0700, Andy <bob@bob.com> wrote:
>> 
>>>Andy David - MVP <adavid@pleasekeepinngcheesebucket.com> wrote in
>>>news:c9v9e11n6fdsvf4f0dhcgl9giufohuana9@4ax.com: 
>>>
>>>> On Mon, 25 Jul 2005 07:46:25 -0700, Andy <bob@bob.com> wrote:
>>>> 
>>>>>Andy David - MVP <adavid@pleasekeepinngcheesebucket.com> wrote in
>>>>>news:iuq9e1du92toehf1r111p5h8dmfpd607c2@4ax.com: 
>>>>>
>>>>>> On Mon, 25 Jul 2005 06:31:55 -0700, Andy <bob@bob.com> wrote:
>>>>>> 
>>>>>>>I have set up mail forwarding to a non-local contact who is set up
>>>>>>>in the active directory, and have specified a limit on the message
>>>>>>>size that can be forwarded. How can I stop NDR's being returned to
>>>>>>>the sender when their message to the contact is over this size?
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>TIA,
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>Andy
>>>>>> 
>>>>>> 
>>>>>> http://support.microsoft.com/?id=308303
>>>>>> 
>>>>>
>>>>>Thanks. That article covers a slightly different problem... I want
>>>>>the original message to be delivered to the main recipient's mailbox
>>>>>as usual, with a copy of the message being forwarded to his offsite
>>>>>address. This is working fine. However, when the message contains an
>>>>>attachment, I don't want it to be forwarded to the offsite address,
>>>>>as it's a small mobile device. So the maximum message size is set in
>>>>>the properties of the offsite contact. However, this generates an
>>>>>NDR to the original sender when the message exceeds this size, and
>>>>>is the behaviour that I want to stop. 
>>>> 
>>>> 
>>>> I'll assume you have the forwarding set in ADUC rather then by
>>>> OUtlook rule. In this case you can create a SMTP connector, and set
>>>> delivery and size restrictions for that domain or by the specific
>>>> contact. 
>>>> 
>>>> 
>>>> 
>>>> 
>>>
>>>Ok that sounds like good idea, as I can then specify not to send
>>>system messages on this new connector. How do I make the forwards use
>>>the new connector whilst leaving everything else on the original
>>>one??? 
>> 
>> You can set the address space for the domain of the external contact.
>> 
>
>I see, that looks good. So if I leave the address space of the original
>connector as *, then all except the domain of the external contact
>(which will go in the address space of the new connector) will still be
>routed through the original connector? Or do I have to somehow
>explicitly exclude this domain? 

Yes, thats the way it should work! :)

0
adavid (8731)
7/25/2005 5:02:25 PM
Andy David - MVP <adavid@pleasekeepinngcheesebucket.com> wrote in 
news:6o6ae156mrihhojem4creoua9jt9u8ibfv@4ax.com:

> On Mon, 25 Jul 2005 08:55:28 -0700, Andy <bob@bob.com> wrote:
> 
>>Andy David - MVP <adavid@pleasekeepinngcheesebucket.com> wrote in
>>news:qq1ae15fqdce7nh9skrf1fmnsa0ur3h9di@4ax.com: 
>>
>>> On Mon, 25 Jul 2005 08:36:13 -0700, Andy <bob@bob.com> wrote:
>>> 
>>>>Andy David - MVP <adavid@pleasekeepinngcheesebucket.com> wrote in
>>>>news:c9v9e11n6fdsvf4f0dhcgl9giufohuana9@4ax.com: 
>>>>
>>>>> On Mon, 25 Jul 2005 07:46:25 -0700, Andy <bob@bob.com> wrote:
>>>>> 
>>>>>>Andy David - MVP <adavid@pleasekeepinngcheesebucket.com> wrote in
>>>>>>news:iuq9e1du92toehf1r111p5h8dmfpd607c2@4ax.com: 
>>>>>>
>>>>>>> On Mon, 25 Jul 2005 06:31:55 -0700, Andy <bob@bob.com> wrote:
>>>>>>> 
>>>>>>>>I have set up mail forwarding to a non-local contact who is set 
up
>>>>>>>>in the active directory, and have specified a limit on the 
message
>>>>>>>>size that can be forwarded. How can I stop NDR's being returned 
to
>>>>>>>>the sender when their message to the contact is over this size?
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>TIA,
>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>Andy
>>>>>>> 
>>>>>>> 
>>>>>>> http://support.microsoft.com/?id=308303
>>>>>>> 
>>>>>>
>>>>>>Thanks. That article covers a slightly different problem... I want
>>>>>>the original message to be delivered to the main recipient's 
mailbox
>>>>>>as usual, with a copy of the message being forwarded to his offsite
>>>>>>address. This is working fine. However, when the message contains 
an
>>>>>>attachment, I don't want it to be forwarded to the offsite address,
>>>>>>as it's a small mobile device. So the maximum message size is set 
in
>>>>>>the properties of the offsite contact. However, this generates an
>>>>>>NDR to the original sender when the message exceeds this size, and
>>>>>>is the behaviour that I want to stop. 
>>>>> 
>>>>> 
>>>>> I'll assume you have the forwarding set in ADUC rather then by
>>>>> OUtlook rule. In this case you can create a SMTP connector, and set
>>>>> delivery and size restrictions for that domain or by the specific
>>>>> contact. 
>>>>> 
>>>>> 
>>>>> 
>>>>> 
>>>>
>>>>Ok that sounds like good idea, as I can then specify not to send
>>>>system messages on this new connector. How do I make the forwards use
>>>>the new connector whilst leaving everything else on the original
>>>>one??? 
>>> 
>>> You can set the address space for the domain of the external contact.
>>> 
>>
>>I see, that looks good. So if I leave the address space of the original
>>connector as *, then all except the domain of the external contact
>>(which will go in the address space of the new connector) will still be
>>routed through the original connector? Or do I have to somehow
>>explicitly exclude this domain? 
> 
> Yes, thats the way it should work! :)
> 
> 
Thanks very much I will try it!
0
bob (43)
7/27/2005 10:24:00 AM
Andy <bob@bob.com> wrote in news:Xns96A073F7BD115andy@207.46.248.16:

> Andy David - MVP <adavid@pleasekeepinngcheesebucket.com> wrote in 
> news:6o6ae156mrihhojem4creoua9jt9u8ibfv@4ax.com:
> 
>> On Mon, 25 Jul 2005 08:55:28 -0700, Andy <bob@bob.com> wrote:
>> 
>>>Andy David - MVP <adavid@pleasekeepinngcheesebucket.com> wrote in
>>>news:qq1ae15fqdce7nh9skrf1fmnsa0ur3h9di@4ax.com: 
>>>
>>>> On Mon, 25 Jul 2005 08:36:13 -0700, Andy <bob@bob.com> wrote:
>>>> 
>>>>>Andy David - MVP <adavid@pleasekeepinngcheesebucket.com> wrote in
>>>>>news:c9v9e11n6fdsvf4f0dhcgl9giufohuana9@4ax.com: 
>>>>>
>>>>>> On Mon, 25 Jul 2005 07:46:25 -0700, Andy <bob@bob.com> wrote:
>>>>>> 
>>>>>>>Andy David - MVP <adavid@pleasekeepinngcheesebucket.com> wrote in
>>>>>>>news:iuq9e1du92toehf1r111p5h8dmfpd607c2@4ax.com: 
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>> On Mon, 25 Jul 2005 06:31:55 -0700, Andy <bob@bob.com> wrote:
>>>>>>>> 
>>>>>>>>>I have set up mail forwarding to a non-local contact who is set 
> up
>>>>>>>>>in the active directory, and have specified a limit on the 
> message
>>>>>>>>>size that can be forwarded. How can I stop NDR's being returned 
> to
>>>>>>>>>the sender when their message to the contact is over this size?
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>TIA,
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>Andy
>>>>>>>> 
>>>>>>>> 
>>>>>>>> http://support.microsoft.com/?id=308303
>>>>>>>> 
>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>Thanks. That article covers a slightly different problem... I want
>>>>>>>the original message to be delivered to the main recipient's 
> mailbox
>>>>>>>as usual, with a copy of the message being forwarded to his 
offsite
>>>>>>>address. This is working fine. However, when the message contains 
> an
>>>>>>>attachment, I don't want it to be forwarded to the offsite 
address,
>>>>>>>as it's a small mobile device. So the maximum message size is set 
> in
>>>>>>>the properties of the offsite contact. However, this generates an
>>>>>>>NDR to the original sender when the message exceeds this size, and
>>>>>>>is the behaviour that I want to stop. 
>>>>>> 
>>>>>> 
>>>>>> I'll assume you have the forwarding set in ADUC rather then by
>>>>>> OUtlook rule. In this case you can create a SMTP connector, and 
set
>>>>>> delivery and size restrictions for that domain or by the specific
>>>>>> contact. 
>>>>>> 
>>>>>> 
>>>>>> 
>>>>>> 
>>>>>
>>>>>Ok that sounds like good idea, as I can then specify not to send
>>>>>system messages on this new connector. How do I make the forwards 
use
>>>>>the new connector whilst leaving everything else on the original
>>>>>one??? 
>>>> 
>>>> You can set the address space for the domain of the external 
contact.
>>>> 
>>>
>>>I see, that looks good. So if I leave the address space of the 
original
>>>connector as *, then all except the domain of the external contact
>>>(which will go in the address space of the new connector) will still 
be
>>>routed through the original connector? Or do I have to somehow
>>>explicitly exclude this domain? 
>> 
>> Yes, thats the way it should work! :)
>> 
>> 
> Thanks very much I will try it!
> 
Ok I have tried it, and the NDR's still happen. I have also tried setting 
the restriction on msg size in the new smtp connector instead of in the 
active directory contact. Is the NDR sent by the SMTP virtual server 
before the msg goes through the connector? If so this could be why this 
solution is not working...
0
bob (43)
7/28/2005 3:30:10 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

outlook send recieve msg timing
How do I change the time setting on send/recieve on outlook 2000. Thanks ...

PST Limit and Retention Area
Hi, in Outlook 2003 is there still the 2 GB limit of size? How can I see the Retention Area in Exchange? Thank you Luiz No, default limit is 20GB for OL2003. Retention Area in Exchange? Please explain what you are referring too? -- John Oliver, Jr. MCSE, MCT, CCNA, Exchange MVP Microsoft Certified Partner "Luiz" <Luiz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CBD111F7-3095-4100-B51F-B4039AA3BEA9@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > in Outlook 2003 is there still the 2 GB limit of size? > How can I see the Retention Area in Exchange? > > Thank you > &g...

Stopping NDR's
Is there away to stop NDR's for users that no longer exist in Exchange 2000, and also keep the "Bad Mail" folder from filling up? Thanks Brad Create an Emtpy Distribution List with no members. Add the ex-employee email address to the DL list. They will simply disappear. For the Bad Mail, you can write a simple batch file to purge or delete the folder. -- John Oliver, Jr. MCSE, MCT, CCNA, Exchange MVP Microsoft Certified Partner "Brad" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:057a01c3d3e0$48730b60$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Is there away ...

6MB msg. stuck in Outbox,tried help method, to cumbersome-ideas?
6MB msg. stuck in Outbox,tried help method, to cumbersome-ideas? "DeLoy" <DeLoy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6D2AC4BE-5044-42D6-8F86-CCE55F79534D@microsoft.com... > 6MB msg. stuck in Outbox,tried help method, to cumbersome-ideas? Click File and check Work Offline. Stop and restart Outlook. Delete the message. Click File and uncheck Work Offline. -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] ...

OWA and junk email size limit
Outlook 2003 and OWA - user gets the following message when using OWA to access mailbox data: "An error occurred processing your junk e-mail lists. You are over the size limit allowed on the server. Contact your server administrator." I do not know if the user gets this message when working locally because the user is out of town. Any idea what causes this and how to fix it? Thank you, LMoore ljmoore@dover.de.us It sounds like the mailbox needs some cleaning. When a mailbox is over its quota you (sometimes) cannot move a message without deleting one first. For more assis...

Counting cells with a specified frequency(how many times it appear
Hi, I want to sum up cells thats has any word appearing 10 times in the column. In the other words, the specified word can be anything. The end result is to the sum up cells that has any word appear 10 times in the column. eg. column 1 row 1 a two the row 2 two 924 the row 3 the desk to row 4 let's can to two if i want to sum up the cells that has any word appearing twice, the result will be 1 word frequency of 3, the answer will be 2 (row 1 - the & two, row 2, row 3 - the, row 4 two) Thanks ...

NDR ?
I get one of the following messages whenever I try to send messages to certain recipients: The following recipient(s) could not be reached: 'betsy@xyz.com' on 4/12/04 9:39 AM The recipient name is not recognized The MTS-ID of the original message is: c=US;a=PRIMARY;p=ELLIST;l=HERAD-040412133844Z-433 ------------------------------------------------- The following recipient(s) could not be reached: 'adam@abc.com' on 3/25/2004 1:53 PM Unable to deliver the message due to a communications failure The MTS-ID of the original message is: c=US;a=PRIMARY;p=ELLIST;l=HERAD-040325185233...

Cannot open original message in NDR
Hello, When I receive a NDR I cannot open the original message in Outlook 2003. When I use Outlook Express I can open and view the original message. What do I have to do to see the original message in Outlook 2003? Kind regards: Emiel Kempen. what's NDR? nntp://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.outlook/<OcPrtbI0EHA.1392@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl> Hello, When I receive a NDR I cannot open the original message in Outlook 2003. When I use Outlook Express I can open and view the original message. What do I have to do to see the original message in Outlook 2003? ...

NDR
Have a remote user who connects to LAN via VPN, using XP professional and Office XP small business. Email worked fine yesterday but now user cannot send mail, gets following error message: Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: RE: test Sent: 10/16/2003 11:44 AM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: recipients name on 10/16/2003 11:44 AM None of your e-mail accounts could send to this recipient. User can receive email without any problems. I cannot find this in the knowledge base so any help would be g...

Unique user reports people are getting NDR's when sending him messages within my organization
Strange behavior. About 5 users report that sending messages to "Smith, John" (a valid user in my organization) returns an NDR. I attempted to send message to "Smith, John" and it works fine. I noticed that users who complain messages are failing are housed in the same Mailbox Store, Storage and Exchange server than John, Smith. I attempted to track message below using Messaging Tracking center but no results were returned. Please advise how can I troubleshoot this ? What this error could be ? From: System Administrator Sent: Monday, November 07, 2005 7:28 AM T...

DPM error 2033, the system cannot find the file specified
Hello all I'm running DPM 2007 to backup our Home Directories, about 25 millions files. Since 2 days, it always stop on an error 2033, "the system cannot find the file specified." It's not always the same file. Except from restarting the synchronization, what can I do ? I find this tool particularly weak, if it stops working because of this kind of error. Pierrot Thanks for your feedback. We have heard about this issue from multiple customers. In DPM 2010, we have added the ability to continue backup even if we see such failures. At the end of the backup,...

NDR's and Virus's
I recieved a e-mail from my T-1 provider stating "A host (my domain ip) within your IP block appears to be the source of an email containing the virus: Worm.Sober.U. The email address listed in the from field in messages sent by most viruses is generally spoofed. Please ensure that your mail server is not sending a virus notification or NDR (non delivery report) to this address as these methods can be used directly or indirectly to propagate email viruses." I have determined that it is indeed a NDR report being generated causing the issue. I also notice that when I do a ...

Approval Limit per User/Company in Requisistion Management
Would like the ability to set an approval limit per User in each company in Requisition Management. Currently you can set just one limit per user which is then global for all companies ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesss...

Database Size Limit and Old Mailboxes
I have a two quick questions if anyone has any answers that would be great. 1) I have upgraded my Exchange 2000 Standard (16GB Database Limit) to Exchange 2003 Standard. Is the database limit still the same 2) I have deleted some ex-employee accounts and mailboxes but I am still having people email these addresses. Is there a way to assign an autoreply short of recreating the accounts and setting up out of office? Currently the mail is being forwarded to a receptionist Thanks Darix 1. Yes 2. So do you want the ex-empolyee mail to stop all together? If not, you could setup a Moderat...

OOO and NDR Security Risk Solutions
Hi, I'd like to enable NDRs and external OOO messages, which have been disabled by the previous IT Manager, but I am aware of the potential security risks. Can someone please recommend security tools which help prevent some of these risks? Thanks, Matt I know that guns kill people. Can someone recommend a gun that doesn't kill people as much? -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" <mlaufer@srg.com> wrote in message news:1160520993.355412.165180@b28g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > > I'd like to enable N...

NDR #6
Hi I get the follwoing message Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: test Sent: 26/10/2004 08:27 The following recipient(s) could not be reached: Wright, Doug . on 26/10/2004 08:27 A configuration error in the e-mail system caused the message to bounce between two servers or to be forwarded between two recipients. Contact your administrator. <server.domain.com #5.4.6> I have the ADC in place I only get this message when sending to the this exchange 5.5 site from 2003 server the connector shows no e...

256 column limit
hi, I have read all the posts on the 256 column limit. irritating. i only want about 500 columns and about 200 rows - could i transpose the data, but view it reverse transposed - if you know what i mean. i don't want to read the data down, but across. i am assuming the limit is to control the overall number of cells? this would not affect that. ellebelle Next version of Excel has 16384 columns and 1048576 rows but until it's released you can't do anything about it except using another layout -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "ellebelle" <ellebelle@discussions.mic...

How do I specify an address when using "ActiveDocument.SendMail"
Hi Here is my code: If Not IsNull(([Forms]![Process Bookings]![Booking Form].Form.Email)) Then Options.SendMailAttach = True objWord.ActiveDocument.SendMail How do I specify the recipients address? Stapes ...

E2k3 NDR's
Hi folks, This is a silly one I know, but is there a way of collecting alls messages for domain to one mailbox without sending an NDR where the name came not be found. IE user John@123.com will receive mail direct to John, but Daivd will receive all other mail to @123.com without entering all the different names. Want I want is a catch all. Thanks in advance Stephen Why dont you try the "forward all unresolved" recipients to host on the SMTP virtual server. If you use a windows 2000 SMTP service as the forwarding server, the messages can go into the DROP directory. "...

NDR
I'm getting a NDR on my E2003 server with the following error in it: #5.5.0 smtp error 552 recipient counts exceeds maximum I'm not able to find anything about the error message and I'm wondering what it means and what to do about it. Regards, Rob ...

Limitation on number of predecessors?
Can anyone tell me if there is a limitation on the number of tasks that can be assigned as predecessors to a single task (single task with multiple predecessors)? I am trying to import from MS-Access. I am finding that the predecessors are being truncated (looks like 255 characters limit). I tried cutting and pasting the predecessors in manually, but still seems to be truncating them. I am trying to paste in 150 tasks as predecessors (4 characters per task plus the comma). I am using MS-Project 2007. The reason I have so many preds. is because I believe I should avoid us...

Exchange 2000 modifies NDR's from outside
Hello, whenever a NDR generated by remote servers comes to our exchange server, exchange modifies the NDR, including attached message. As a result, we can't safely detect where the problem started and what server generated the NDR. Is there any possibility to set up exchange not to modify the NDR, and to show it exactly as it came in? (except Received: headers, which of course should be added). Thank you. -- Matus UHLAR - fantomas, uhlar@fantomas.sk ; http://www.fantomas.sk/ Warning: I wish NOT to receive e-mail advertising to this address. Varovanie: na tuto adresu chcem NEDOSTAVAT a...

can't see body of msg in Outlook
On my home computer, I don't get any body in the msg from one particular sender sent in HTML. The top part looks normal, but the body is blank. Second time this has happened in two days from the same sender, but other messages are OK. I'm using Outlook Microsoft Office 2003. I just changed to Outlook from Outlook Express. Check the font colour, it could be it's set to the same as the background or even set as Automatic. See if you can highlight anything in the body of the email. If you can, try setting the font to Black to see if that makes a difference. -- Kathleen ...

NDR return with attachment
I have exchange 2000 on windows 2000 with sigle domain, when our users send a mail with file attachment to external users and by mistacke they make typo mistake in email address then they will received NDR mail with same attachment. Can it be configurable in exchane 2000 that users received NDR but without attachment Nagori ...

Size limits on outgoing mail
I am getting this error: "This message is larger than the current system limit or the recipient's mailbox is full. Create a shorter message body or remove attachments and try sending it again." I dont have any limits set on the users, its an internal email, is there some place to look for restrictions regarding sending mail? I checked the SMTP Protocol. Is there any place else. This mail message is 20 mb Thanks What version EX are you running. In 5.5 the setting was in one place and in 2000 it is in another. Do you have mailbox limits turned on in the store? >...