NDr EXHANGE 5.5

seen some suggestion, like DL
however I am getting multiples persecond of every name possible.
this makes impossible to create a DL to flush these.

I need a direct registry parm to turn off the NDR.

where do  I look?

There is no way to prevent generation of NDR to the sender. You can
disable generation of notifications to admin in IMC props\Internet
mail\Notifications.

BJ Freeman wrote:

> seen some suggestion, like DL
> however I am getting multiples persecond of every name possible.
> this makes impossible to create a DL to flush these.
>
> I need a direct registry parm to turn off the NDR.
>
> where do  I look?

0
kpalagin1 (1216)
1/30/2004 8:22:25 AM
the notification have been set to

send notification for these Non-delivery report is checked
 all  the condition below are unchecked.

still having NDR send for not email address not found.

 they are using this the  virus sent emails are using this to bounce the
virus to other domains. it is causing quite a storm.

do you know the registry settings that the notification set.

"Kirill S. Palagin" <kpalagin@nomail.phxint.please.ru> wrote in message
> There is no way to prevent generation of NDR to the sender. You can
> disable generation of notifications to admin in IMC props\Internet
> mail\Notifications.
>
> BJ Freeman wrote:
>
> > seen some suggestion, like DL
> > however I am getting multiples persecond of every name possible.
> > this makes impossible to create a DL to flush these.
> >
> > I need a direct registry parm to turn off the NDR.
> >
> > where do  I look?

The NDRs can NOT be disabled as per the RFC. However, if you notice, most of
these emails from MyDoom are to the same alias - Bob, Jose, Peter, etc - add
those as bob@yourdomain.com to the email addresses of an empty DL and you
will effectively blackhole the virus emails and not send NDRs. TrendMicro's
virus description page lists the aliases MyDoom.A is sending to.
--
hth,
SusanV

"BJ Freeman" <bj_newsgroups@free-man.net> wrote in message
> the notification have been set to
>
> send notification for these Non-delivery report is checked
>  all  the condition below are unchecked.
>
> still having NDR send for not email address not found.
>
>  they are using this the  virus sent emails are using this to bounce the
> virus to other domains. it is causing quite a storm.
>

> do you know the registry settings that the notification set.
>

> "Kirill S. Palagin" <kpalagin@nomail.phxint.please.ru> wrote in message
> > There is no way to prevent generation of NDR to the sender. You can
> > disable generation of notifications to admin in IMC props\Internet
> > mail\Notifications.
> >
> > BJ Freeman wrote:
> >
> > > seen some suggestion, like DL
> > > however I am getting multiples persecond of every name possible.
> > > this makes impossible to create a DL to flush these.
> > >
> > > I need a direct registry parm to turn off the NDR.
> > >
> > > where do  I look?

0
svanallen (210)
1/30/2004 5:48:47 PM
thanks.. I have many domains. so I guess I have to figure out how to load
all these into the DL without typing them all in.
I have created the list for each domain, just have to figure out how to put
then in the DLL.  know the registry key for the DL's
LOL

"Susan VanAllen [MVP]" <svanallen@nospam-mvps.org> wrote in message
> The NDRs can NOT be disabled as per the RFC. However, if you notice, most
of
> these emails from MyDoom are to the same alias - Bob, Jose, Peter, etc -
add
> those as bob@yourdomain.com to the email addresses of an empty DL and you
> will effectively blackhole the virus emails and not send NDRs.
TrendMicro's
> virus description page lists the aliases MyDoom.A is sending to.
> --
> hth,
> SusanV
>

> "BJ Freeman" <bj_newsgroups@free-man.net> wrote in message
> > the notification have been set to
> >
> > send notification for these Non-delivery report is checked
> >  all  the condition below are unchecked.
> >
> > still having NDR send for not email address not found.
> >
> >  they are using this the  virus sent emails are using this to bounce the
> > virus to other domains. it is causing quite a storm.
> >

> > do you know the registry settings that the notification set.
> >

> > "Kirill S. Palagin" <kpalagin@nomail.phxint.please.ru> wrote in message
> > > There is no way to prevent generation of NDR to the sender. You can
> > > disable generation of notifications to admin in IMC props\Internet
> > > mail\Notifications.

Also is there a way to get the MTA to send the outgoing message to another
folder than \imc\out.
then I can write a program to only put the non virus out going into the
\imc\out.

"Susan VanAllen [MVP]" <svanallen@nospam-mvps.org> wrote in message
> The NDRs can NOT be disabled as per the RFC. However, if you notice, most
of
> these emails from MyDoom are to the same alias - Bob, Jose, Peter, etc -
add
> those as bob@yourdomain.com to the email addresses of an empty DL and you
> will effectively blackhole the virus emails and not send NDRs.
TrendMicro's
> virus description page lists the aliases MyDoom.A is sending to.
> --
> hth,
> SusanV
>

> "BJ Freeman" <bj_newsgroups@free-man.net> wrote in message
> > the notification have been set to
> >
> > send notification for these Non-delivery report is checked
> >  all  the condition below are unchecked.
> >
> > still having NDR send for not email address not found.
> >
> >  they are using this the  virus sent emails are using this to bounce the
> > virus to other domains. it is causing quite a storm.
> >

> > do you know the registry settings that the notification set.
> >

> > "Kirill S. Palagin" <kpalagin@nomail.phxint.please.ru> wrote in message
> > > There is no way to prevent generation of NDR to the sender. You can
> > > disable generation of notifications to admin in IMC props\Internet
> > > mail\Notifications.

They aren't in the registry they're in the dir.mdb, which is a jet database
(the directory)

> thanks.. I have many domains. so I guess I have to figure out how to load
> all these into the DL without typing them all in.
> I have created the list for each domain, just have to figure out how to
put
> then in the DLL.  know the registry key for the DL's
> LOL
>
> "Susan VanAllen [MVP]" <svanallen@nospam-mvps.org> wrote in message
> > The NDRs can NOT be disabled as per the RFC. However, if you notice,
most
> of
> > these emails from MyDoom are to the same alias - Bob, Jose, Peter, etc -
> add
> > those as bob@yourdomain.com to the email addresses of an empty DL and
you
> > will effectively blackhole the virus emails and not send NDRs.
> TrendMicro's
> > virus description page lists the aliases MyDoom.A is sending to.
> > --
> > hth,
> > SusanV
> >

> > "BJ Freeman" <bj_newsgroups@free-man.net> wrote in message
> > > the notification have been set to
> > >
> > > send notification for these Non-delivery report is checked
> > >  all  the condition below are unchecked.
> > >
> > > still having NDR send for not email address not found.
> > >
> > >  they are using this the  virus sent emails are using this to bounce
the
> > > virus to other domains. it is causing quite a storm.
> > >

> > > do you know the registry settings that the notification set.
> > >

> > > "Kirill S. Palagin" <kpalagin@nomail.phxint.please.ru> wrote in
message

0
svanallen (210)
1/30/2004 6:32:18 PM
Um... no.

> Also is there a way to get the MTA to send the outgoing message to another
> folder than \imc\out.
> then I can write a program to only put the non virus out going into the
> \imc\out.
>

> "Susan VanAllen [MVP]" <svanallen@nospam-mvps.org> wrote in message
> > The NDRs can NOT be disabled as per the RFC. However, if you notice,
most
> of
> > these emails from MyDoom are to the same alias - Bob, Jose, Peter, etc -
> add
> > those as bob@yourdomain.com to the email addresses of an empty DL and
you
> > will effectively blackhole the virus emails and not send NDRs.
> TrendMicro's
> > virus description page lists the aliases MyDoom.A is sending to.
> > --
> > hth,
> > SusanV
> >

> > "BJ Freeman" <bj_newsgroups@free-man.net> wrote in message
> > > the notification have been set to
> > >
> > > send notification for these Non-delivery report is checked
> > >  all  the condition below are unchecked.
> > >
> > > still having NDR send for not email address not found.
> > >
> > >  they are using this the  virus sent emails are using this to bounce
the
> > > virus to other domains. it is causing quite a storm.
> > >

> > > do you know the registry settings that the notification set.
> > >

> > > "Kirill S. Palagin" <kpalagin@nomail.phxint.please.ru> wrote in
message

0
svanallen (210)
1/30/2004 7:03:28 PM
are you meaning the Dir.edb in then \DSDATA  directory ?

> They aren't in the registry they're in the dir.mdb, which is a jet
database
> (the directory)
>
> "BJ Freeman" <bj_newsgroups@free-man.net> wrote in message
> > thanks.. I have many domains. so I guess I have to figure out how to
load
> > all these into the DL without typing them all in.
> > I have created the list for each domain, just have to figure out how to
> put
> > then in the DLL.  know the registry key for the DL's
> > LOL
> >
> > "Susan VanAllen [MVP]" <svanallen@nospam-mvps.org> wrote in message
> > > The NDRs can NOT be disabled as per the RFC. However, if you notice,
> most
> > of
> > > these emails from MyDoom are to the same alias - Bob, Jose, Peter,
etc -
> > add
> > > those as bob@yourdomain.com to the email addresses of an empty DL and
> you
> > > will effectively blackhole the virus emails and not send NDRs.
> > TrendMicro's
> > > virus description page lists the aliases MyDoom.A is sending to.
> > > --
> > > hth,
> > > SusanV
> > >

> > > "BJ Freeman" <bj_newsgroups@free-man.net> wrote in message

> the

> message

Well I finally broke down and entered all the emails for the domains from
the reference you gave me.
Thanks..
It really cut down on the NDR's to the internet.
However I have gotten a few NDR's for Addresses in the DL.
Any Idea what I have to-do to fix this?

"Susan VanAllen [MVP]" <svanallen@nospam-mvps.org> wrote in message
> The NDRs can NOT be disabled as per the RFC. However, if you notice, most
of
> these emails from MyDoom are to the same alias - Bob, Jose, Peter, etc -
add
> those as bob@yourdomain.com to the email addresses of an empty DL and you
> will effectively blackhole the virus emails and not send NDRs.
TrendMicro's
> virus description page lists the aliases MyDoom.A is sending to.
> --
> hth,
> SusanV
>

> "BJ Freeman" <bj_newsgroups@free-man.net> wrote in message
> > the notification have been set to
> >
> > send notification for these Non-delivery report is checked
> >  all  the condition below are unchecked.
> >
> > still having NDR send for not email address not found.
> >
> >  they are using this the  virus sent emails are using this to bounce the
> > virus to other domains. it is causing quite a storm.
> >

> > do you know the registry settings that the notification set.
> >

> > "Kirill S. Palagin" <kpalagin@nomail.phxint.please.ru> wrote in message
> > > There is no way to prevent generation of NDR to the sender. You can
> > > disable generation of notifications to admin in IMC props\Internet
> > > mail\Notifications.

Duh..... was looking the In\archive.
no NDR are going out.
whew!!!!

> Well I finally broke down and entered all the emails for the domains from
> the reference you gave me.
> Thanks..
> It really cut down on the NDR's to the internet.
> However I have gotten a few NDR's for Addresses in the DL.
> Any Idea what I have to-do to fix this?
>

> "Susan VanAllen [MVP]" <svanallen@nospam-mvps.org> wrote in message
> > The NDRs can NOT be disabled as per the RFC. However, if you notice,
most
> of
> > these emails from MyDoom are to the same alias - Bob, Jose, Peter, etc -
> add
> > those as bob@yourdomain.com to the email addresses of an empty DL and
you
> > will effectively blackhole the virus emails and not send NDRs.
> TrendMicro's
> > virus description page lists the aliases MyDoom.A is sending to.
> > --
> > hth,
> > SusanV
> >

> > "BJ Freeman" <bj_newsgroups@free-man.net> wrote in message
> > > the notification have been set to
> > >
> > > send notification for these Non-delivery report is checked
> > >  all  the condition below are unchecked.
> > >
> > > still having NDR send for not email address not found.
> > >
> > >  they are using this the  virus sent emails are using this to bounce
the
> > > virus to other domains. it is causing quite a storm.
> > >

> > > do you know the registry settings that the notification set.
> > >

> > > "Kirill S. Palagin" <kpalagin@nomail.phxint.please.ru> wrote in
message

Watch out for message archival using all available disk space

> Duh..... was looking the In\archive.
> no NDR are going out.
> whew!!!!
>

> "BJ Freeman" <bj_newsgroups@free-man.net> wrote in message
> > Well I finally broke down and entered all the emails for the domains
from
> > the reference you gave me.
> > Thanks..
> > It really cut down on the NDR's to the internet.
> > However I have gotten a few NDR's for Addresses in the DL.
> > Any Idea what I have to-do to fix this?
> >

> > "Susan VanAllen [MVP]" <svanallen@nospam-mvps.org> wrote in message
> > > The NDRs can NOT be disabled as per the RFC. However, if you notice,
> most
> > of
> > > these emails from MyDoom are to the same alias - Bob, Jose, Peter,
etc -
> > add
> > > those as bob@yourdomain.com to the email addresses of an empty DL and
> you
> > > will effectively blackhole the virus emails and not send NDRs.
> > TrendMicro's
> > > virus description page lists the aliases MyDoom.A is sending to.
> > > --
> > > hth,
> > > SusanV
> > >

> > > "BJ Freeman" <bj_newsgroups@free-man.net> wrote in message

> the

> message

0
svanallen (210)
2/2/2004 1:02:16 PM
LOL Thanks. Have a separate 100 gig disk for that.  Tape backup cleans out
the achieve weekly.
Best the virus did so far was 2 gigs.

> Watch out for message archival using all available disk space
>
> "BJ Freeman" <bj_newsgroups@free-man.net> wrote in message
> > Duh..... was looking the In\archive.
> > no NDR are going out.
> > whew!!!!
> >

> > "BJ Freeman" <bj_newsgroups@free-man.net> wrote in message
> > > Well I finally broke down and entered all the emails for the domains
> from
> > > the reference you gave me.
> > > Thanks..
> > > It really cut down on the NDR's to the internet.
> > > However I have gotten a few NDR's for Addresses in the DL.
> > > Any Idea what I have to-do to fix this?
> > >

> > > "Susan VanAllen [MVP]" <svanallen@nospam-mvps.org> wrote in message
> > most
> > > of
> etc -
> > > add
> > you
> > > TrendMicro's

> > the

> > message
> can

Sounds like you're all set then - I just thought I'd warn ya about the space
issue as sometimes people forget, run out of space, then freak when the MTA
and/or IMS shutdown

;-)

> LOL Thanks. Have a separate 100 gig disk for that.  Tape backup cleans out
> the achieve weekly.
> Best the virus did so far was 2 gigs.
>

> "Susan VanAllen [MVP]" <svanallen@nospam-mvps.org> wrote in message
> > Watch out for message archival using all available disk space
> >
> > "BJ Freeman" <bj_newsgroups@free-man.net> wrote in message
> > > Duh..... was looking the In\archive.
> > > no NDR are going out.
> > > whew!!!!
> > >

> > > "BJ Freeman" <bj_newsgroups@free-man.net> wrote in message
> > from

> > > most
> > etc -
> and
> > > you

> bounce
> > > the

> > > message
You
> > can
> props\Internet

> possible.

0
svanallen (210)

Stopping NDR's
Is there away to stop NDR's for users that no longer exist in Exchange 2000, and also keep the "Bad Mail" folder from filling up? Thanks Brad Create an Emtpy Distribution List with no members. Add the ex-employee email address to the DL list. They will simply disappear. For the Bad Mail, you can write a simple batch file to purge or delete the folder. -- John Oliver, Jr. MCSE, MCT, CCNA, Exchange MVP Microsoft Certified Partner "Brad" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:057a01c3d3e0$48730b60$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Is there away ...

NDR ?
I get one of the following messages whenever I try to send messages to certain recipients: The following recipient(s) could not be reached: 'betsy@xyz.com' on 4/12/04 9:39 AM The recipient name is not recognized The MTS-ID of the original message is: c=US;a=PRIMARY;p=ELLIST;l=HERAD-040412133844Z-433 ------------------------------------------------- The following recipient(s) could not be reached: 'adam@abc.com' on 3/25/2004 1:53 PM Unable to deliver the message due to a communications failure The MTS-ID of the original message is: c=US;a=PRIMARY;p=ELLIST;l=HERAD-040325185233...

Cannot open original message in NDR
Hello, When I receive a NDR I cannot open the original message in Outlook 2003. When I use Outlook Express I can open and view the original message. What do I have to do to see the original message in Outlook 2003? Kind regards: Emiel Kempen. what's NDR? nntp://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.outlook/<OcPrtbI0EHA.1392@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl> Hello, When I receive a NDR I cannot open the original message in Outlook 2003. When I use Outlook Express I can open and view the original message. What do I have to do to see the original message in Outlook 2003? ...

Connecting to boxes moved from 5.5 to 2003
I have a small organization, with about 60 clients and I'm working on an AD converison. I worked with a consultant to setup a new AD domain with the requisite trust with my old NT domain and the ADC. I have no problem moving test boxes over to the AD/Exchange03 machine, but I am not certain what the next steps in the process for accessing the moved boxes should be. I though I could simply "enable" the moved accounts I see in AD Users and Computers, but even after resetting pw's and enableing the acct, I am immediately challenged with a bad pw/username error when I atte...

Switching 5.5 service account
Our one Exchange 5.5 SP4 box is using the domain admin account as its service account. I created a new user account and gave it domain admin rights and then pointed the six Exchange services to that new account and password and rebooted. When the box came back up, only the MS Directory Service was running. The others wouldn't start. I then switched back to the admin account, rebooted and all was well??? What am I forgetting here? Thanks, Mark Read this: http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/55/support/changing.mspx -- Martin Blackstone MVP - Exchange http://www.s...

Upgrade Excel 5.0
I currently have Excel 5.0. Is it possible to purchase upgrades for this version? I would like to upgrade it to at least Excel 97 but preferably further. Thanks. Hi Elizabeth 5 is old. Old like vintage. I don't think upgade licenses go more than a version or two back, so 5 wouldn't qualify for that. Worse perhaps is that only the current version is for sale at any time. That would be Excel XP for a few more days, until 2003 version arrives. You could always check the secondhand market and online auctions like www.ebay.com for older versions. There are a few new cool things in ea...

exchange 5.5 problem, please help
on a clients exch5.5 server the internet mail service is set to use their isp's smtp server as a relay. MUST it be like this? cant i leave that field blank and let exchange send mail directly? please advise <jjd228@NOSPAMoptonline.net> wrote in news:TFxJc.36153$_b.14512945@news4.srv.hcvlny.cv.net: > on a clients exch5.5 server the internet mail service is set to use > their isp's smtp server as a relay. MUST it be like this? cant i leave > that field blank and let exchange send mail directly? please advise It should be able to be blank, but it depends on how your I...

Url Routing in ASP.NET 3.5 breaks AJAX
Hello I created custom URL routing in ASP.NET 3.5 (http://blogs.msdn.com/b/mikeormond/archive/2008/05/14/using-asp-net-routing-independent-of-mvc.aspx), but my AJAX code is giving me error now: 'Sys' is undefined. When I remove the routing, AJAX works fine. I am using standard Microsoft AJAX libraries. Please help! this happens when you have wildcarding in place one way to solve this to add a constraint to your routes so they only work for .aspx , ... files - something like this : RouteValueDictionary constraints = new RouteValueDictionary( new { Page = @"....

NDR
Have a remote user who connects to LAN via VPN, using XP professional and Office XP small business. Email worked fine yesterday but now user cannot send mail, gets following error message: Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: RE: test Sent: 10/16/2003 11:44 AM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: recipients name on 10/16/2003 11:44 AM None of your e-mail accounts could send to this recipient. User can receive email without any problems. I cannot find this in the knowledge base so any help would be g...

Unique user reports people are getting NDR's when sending him messages within my organization
Strange behavior. About 5 users report that sending messages to "Smith, John" (a valid user in my organization) returns an NDR. I attempted to send message to "Smith, John" and it works fine. I noticed that users who complain messages are failing are housed in the same Mailbox Store, Storage and Exchange server than John, Smith. I attempted to track message below using Messaging Tracking center but no results were returned. Please advise how can I troubleshoot this ? What this error could be ? From: System Administrator Sent: Monday, November 07, 2005 7:28 AM T...

need help #5
Humaneyes from Israel really sucks! ...

NDR's and Virus's
I recieved a e-mail from my T-1 provider stating "A host (my domain ip) within your IP block appears to be the source of an email containing the virus: Worm.Sober.U. The email address listed in the from field in messages sent by most viruses is generally spoofed. Please ensure that your mail server is not sending a virus notification or NDR (non delivery report) to this address as these methods can be used directly or indirectly to propagate email viruses." I have determined that it is indeed a NDR report being generated causing the issue. I also notice that when I do a ...

allowing user@[sample.ip.address] in Exchange 5.5
is ther a way to enable our mail server to accept inbound/outbound mail in the form of: user@[ipaddress] ex. allow abuse@tcl.com.ph with ip 203.160.172.233 to recevied mail form of: abuse@[203.160.172.233] i have exchange 5.5 sp 6. on win NT thanks "disk0nek" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:08bc01c3be1c$eba9a070$a101280a@phx.gbl... > is ther a way to enable our mail server to accept > inbound/outbound mail in the form of: > > user@[ipaddress] > > ex. > > allow abuse@tcl.com.ph with ip 203.160.172.233 to recevied > ...

What's wrong in this formula???? #5
Hm.... Using this formula: =IF(J3>2,G3*(J3*25),IF(J3>3,G3*(J3*50),IF(J3>4,G3*(J3*75),IF(J3>5,G3*(J19*100))))) I get this: G3 = 3 J3 returns result of 4 So I should get (3*150) = 450....but I get 600.00 Same J3, and G3 = 2. I should have (2*150) = 300 ... but I get 400 G3=3 J3 returns 3 I should get (3*125) = 375... but I get 450 Any idea -- Ekse ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Ekser's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1140 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=...

Publisher 2002 #5
I just had Publisher 2002 installed. For some reason I cannot now use my mouse roller to zoom in and out on the document like I could on the prior version. Can anyone help me? Try CTRL-mousewheel to zoom, mousewheel alone to scroll. Randall Arnold "anne" <anne@cityofmillcreek.com> wrote in message news:a2ae01c35c5e$cc0f45a0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > I just had Publisher 2002 installed. For some reason I > cannot now use my mouse roller to zoom in and out on the > document like I could on the prior version. Can anyone > help me? ...

OOO and NDR Security Risk Solutions
Hi, I'd like to enable NDRs and external OOO messages, which have been disabled by the previous IT Manager, but I am aware of the potential security risks. Can someone please recommend security tools which help prevent some of these risks? Thanks, Matt I know that guns kill people. Can someone recommend a gun that doesn't kill people as much? -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" <mlaufer@srg.com> wrote in message news:1160520993.355412.165180@b28g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > > I'd like to enable N...

NDR #6
Hi I get the follwoing message Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: test Sent: 26/10/2004 08:27 The following recipient(s) could not be reached: Wright, Doug . on 26/10/2004 08:27 A configuration error in the e-mail system caused the message to bounce between two servers or to be forwarded between two recipients. Contact your administrator. <server.domain.com #5.4.6> I have the ADC in place I only get this message when sending to the this exchange 5.5 site from 2003 server the connector shows no e...

E2k3 NDR's
Hi folks, This is a silly one I know, but is there a way of collecting alls messages for domain to one mailbox without sending an NDR where the name came not be found. IE user John@123.com will receive mail direct to John, but Daivd will receive all other mail to @123.com without entering all the different names. Want I want is a catch all. Thanks in advance Stephen Why dont you try the "forward all unresolved" recipients to host on the SMTP virtual server. If you use a windows 2000 SMTP service as the forwarding server, the messages can go into the DROP directory. "...

formula bar #5
Does anyone know how to change the size of the font in the formula bar, i've forgotten Change the standard font on Tools >> Options >> General /Marcus "Cassie" wrote: > Does anyone know how to change the size of the font in the formula bar, i've > forgotten Thanks Marcus, i tried that before but silly me forgot to close excel and restart it for the new font size to take effect. "Marcus Langell" wrote: > Change the standard font on Tools >> Options >> General > > /Marcus > > "Cassie" wrote: > >...

OWA on Exchange 5.5 #4
I have a different domain/different site/same org exchange server that I can't get an OWA problem resolved for. Other domains can launch owa, but this one can't - they get a page cannot be displayed. We have verified the firewall settings are the same for this domain as are the others, we have a two way trust. I'm not sure what I'm missing here. Any ideas? TIA Nancy Stevens nstevens@tycoint.com Stupid question, but how about simple connectivity/name resolution for that HTTP page? Can you netmon the traffic coming to the OWA box? Do you have any sort of URLScan produc...

exchange 5.5 relaying
I have 5.5 running on 2000 Server. I am trying to use a perl script on a co-located webserver to send referral emails via my exchange. I don't want to allow other folks to use our server to send spam. I have not had any luck with this. Thanks for any help! "Jon Holman" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have 5.5 running on 2000 Server. I am trying to use a >perl script on a co-located webserver to send referral >emails via my exchange. I don't want to allow other folks >to use our server to send spam. I have not had any luck >...

NDR
I'm getting a NDR on my E2003 server with the following error in it: #5.5.0 smtp error 552 recipient counts exceeds maximum I'm not able to find anything about the error message and I'm wondering what it means and what to do about it. Regards, Rob ...

554 5.7.1 (IPT:S1) http://postmaster.info.aol.com/ipt AOL has identified this mail to be unsolicited bulk email.
Hi, I am not able to send email from Outlook 2003 - I get system undeliverable with error 554 5.7.1 (IPT:S1) http://postmaster.info.aol.com/ipt AOL has identified this mail to be unsolicited bulk email. I m using AOL as ISP. I have configured my business account in Outlook 2003, which has this problem. My AOL IMAP works fine in Outlook. The same account is working in Outlook Express. I used AOLs outgoing server, same problem. I also used smtp.mydomain.com:587 as outgoing Error 0x800ccc42108, 0x800ccc0f or 0x800ccc0D Imported the account setting from Outlook Express same error mess...

Exchange 2000 modifies NDR's from outside
Hello, whenever a NDR generated by remote servers comes to our exchange server, exchange modifies the NDR, including attached message. As a result, we can't safely detect where the problem started and what server generated the NDR. Is there any possibility to set up exchange not to modify the NDR, and to show it exactly as it came in? (except Received: headers, which of course should be added). Thank you. -- Matus UHLAR - fantomas, uhlar@fantomas.sk ; http://www.fantomas.sk/ Warning: I wish NOT to receive e-mail advertising to this address. Varovanie: na tuto adresu chcem NEDOSTAVAT a...

Mailbox rights in 5.5
I need to give multiple users access to a mailbox. I tried adding a group to the Primary NT account, but then I break pop access to the mailbox. I have users adding the mailbox to their outlook profile to access both their mailbox and this shared mailbox. In Exchange 2000/2003 it is mailbox rights in Active Directory. How did I do this for Exchaneg 5.5? If I remember correctly, you can do this in Exchange Administrator Program by going to the properties of the user and then under the "permissions" tab you can make changes. -- Mike Manjunath Microsoft Corp. "Please do not...