NDR Codes - System Administrator

When a message bounces back due to some errors, there's a code at the bottom
of the form: #x.x.x

Anyone know of a good site that explains each of these in laymen's terms? I
found microsofts (http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=284204) but I was
hoping there would be another site that someone put together in simpler
terms. Our students at the college provide level one troubleshooting and I'm
trying to put together a list for them.

Thanks for the help.

On Fri, 10 Feb 2006 16:26:12 -0500, "GC Postmaster"
<email_accounts@gordon.edu> wrote:

>When a message bounces back due to some errors, there's a code at the bottom
>of the form: #x.x.x
>
>Anyone know of a good site that explains each of these in laymen's terms? I
>found microsofts (http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=284204) but I was
>hoping there would be another site that someone put together in simpler
>terms. Our students at the college provide level one troubleshooting and I'm
>trying to put together a list for them.
>
>Thanks for the help.

Google "Enhanced Mail System Status Codes" and see if you find a list
that you like.

0
adavid (8731)

Stopping NDR's
Is there away to stop NDR's for users that no longer exist in Exchange 2000, and also keep the "Bad Mail" folder from filling up? Thanks Brad Create an Emtpy Distribution List with no members. Add the ex-employee email address to the DL list. They will simply disappear. For the Bad Mail, you can write a simple batch file to purge or delete the folder. -- John Oliver, Jr. MCSE, MCT, CCNA, Exchange MVP Microsoft Certified Partner "Brad" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:057a01c3d3e0$48730b60$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Is there away ...

C++ Managed. Where to find sample-code resource??
Hi! -Where to find sample-code resource, about DataSet and using things like DataGrid TableStyle objects, inside VC++ (not in C#). -I use Windows Form inside my project which uses MFC. is there any sample program from Microsoft on the Internet? Thanks in advance. you are in the best place to find sample codes and resources about everything concerning VC++, it is the Microsoft MSDN site, okay here is the url of the page where all the MFC Samples are listed: http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp? url=/library/en- us/vcsample/html/_core_microsoft_foundation_class_library_ s...

Need VB code to edit cell values
I need some VB to do the following please (My VB is not good enough yet) Starting from the active cell (call it the StartCell) In the cell to the left.. ThreeChars = Value.right(3) (the last three chars) Value = Value - last three characters (assume value is text & at least 3 chars present) In StartCell.. value = ThreeChars (as text, overwrite any contents of StartCell) move active cell one down from StartCell Examples of before/after -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett@gmail.com "Stephen Ford" <Stephen_Ford_no@spam_uwclub....

Windows Update Does Not Recognize Administrator
Vista SP1. I just completed many updates from the Windows update site. With several non critical ones left, I went back to finish. Now I can't download / install because it says I need Administrator permission. I checked user accounts and of course there is only one account listed and it being administrator, which I'm logged in on. I tried changing the account and it recognizes me as an administrator and allowed me to make changes. Applications requiring administrator work just fine but the update site does not :( As per an earlier post I read here, I ran Update Agent 3, s...

Zip Code Formatting
I have a spreadsheet with data imported from a database program. One of the columns is the zip code. Some of the zip codes have zip-plus-4 and others just have the old 5-digit zip code. I want to be able to sort by the zip code, meaning I'd end up with 5-digit zip codes interspersed amoung the zip + 4 codes. If I format the cells in the column as "special" zip + 4 formatting, it adds a five-digit field before those that don't already have the "plus 4" part. So what was 01080 becomes 00000-1080. Not acceptable. If I format the cells as text I loose the l...

Exchange Server 2003 Administration
We currently have Exchange 2003 up and running. We have created an AD Security Group called ExAdmin we have added a few helpdesk AD accounts to this group, we would now like to delegate this group the ability to create mailbox and modify e-mail address. We are getting the following message. An Exchange server could not be found in the domain. Check if the Microsoft System Attendant service is running on the Exchange Server. ID no: c10308a2 Microsoft Active Directory - Exchange Extension Any suggestions. Thanks More details, please. Where are you getting this message? What are you t...

Why does code Loop
When I click on a command button to show a report I have a break point on the command_click. Upon clicking the command button it opens a report. DoCmd.OpenReport stDocName, acPreview As I step through the code I noticed that as I come to the end sub I expect the code to stop. But It starts back at the report_activate event and loops through the code again then opens the form. Thanks in advance for you help If I had to take a guess, opening a report causes more than one event to fire, and one of those events calls another... Does this sound like what's happening?...

vba code to enable macros
Hi, Can we write a vba code to enable macros. In most of the sites it says we cant do that . The only thing we can do is change the macro setting or work around is hide the sheet which has macros. But none of them will work in my case. Can we change an excel security setting to from macro on open so that macros are enabled. No. If we can do that with code, then so could a hacker with bad intentions. Mike F "varsha12" <varsha12@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DBEB1614-C956-491B-B351-02DD9F711891@microsoft.com... > Hi, > Can we w...

Error trying to Export Store in HQ Administrator
I have HQ 1.2 and 38 stores running SO. I have exported new stores many times before without problem. I created a few new stores and attempted to export today, and I am having a problem. I connect to the DB in HQ Admin, Choose Database, Export, select the store and the template DB as usual, create the new store DB copy the tables and click to Export (the last step of the process). It will begin the export process then then a dialog box appears that says: "Export Database Wizard - An error was encountered while exporting data. Your Store Operations database is not complete and ...

zip codes starting with 0
When doing a mail merge from excel to word zip codes starting with 0 (zero) drop the first number "0" from the address. ie zip code 01560 prints out as 1560. How do I get all 5 numbers to show? An Excel way: Format all your Zip Codes as Text. A Word way: Before you start the merge, Tools | Options | General. Place a check next to Confirm merge at open. Start the Merge. When you go to pick the Data Source, a box will pop up. Pick wirksheets via DDE. tj "Joe Mac" wrote: > When doing a mail merge from excel to word zip codes starting with 0 (zero) > drop the fi...

NDR ?
I get one of the following messages whenever I try to send messages to certain recipients: The following recipient(s) could not be reached: 'betsy@xyz.com' on 4/12/04 9:39 AM The recipient name is not recognized The MTS-ID of the original message is: c=US;a=PRIMARY;p=ELLIST;l=HERAD-040412133844Z-433 ------------------------------------------------- The following recipient(s) could not be reached: 'adam@abc.com' on 3/25/2004 1:53 PM Unable to deliver the message due to a communications failure The MTS-ID of the original message is: c=US;a=PRIMARY;p=ELLIST;l=HERAD-040325185233...

VBA code importe txt file
Hello! How can I, in VBA, create a code that I import a txt file, without going through the window of data import. That is, vba should have all the code to import directly. Thank -- HC Check out DoCmd.TransferText action in VBA help. -- Ken Snell http://www.accessmvp.com/KDSnell/ "lena_form" <lenaform@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BAE8C781-B540-4960-8C63-F07474739E8E@microsoft.com... > Hello! > How can I, in VBA, create a code that I import a txt file, without going > through the window of data import. That is,...

Cannot open original message in NDR
Hello, When I receive a NDR I cannot open the original message in Outlook 2003. When I use Outlook Express I can open and view the original message. What do I have to do to see the original message in Outlook 2003? Kind regards: Emiel Kempen. what's NDR? nntp://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.outlook/<OcPrtbI0EHA.1392@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl> Hello, When I receive a NDR I cannot open the original message in Outlook 2003. When I use Outlook Express I can open and view the original message. What do I have to do to see the original message in Outlook 2003? ...

Postal Code
I'd like to run a query that only includes the first part of a postal code. There are post codes that run from "EH1 1AA" to "EH20 9ZZ" but I only want entries that have "EH8" in my query. Thank you for your help. Sounds like your string of data changes. With that said why not try a left statement for the first three characters in one query. Then in a second query search for only records that return EH8. -- GS "Adam" wrote: > I'd like to run a query that only includes the first part of a postal code. > There are post codes that r...

Custom error code when XSD validation fails?
Hi, Is there any way to tell an XSD Schema that you want custom error codes for particular validation failures in an XML document? To show what I mean, here's an example: XSD excerpt: <xs:element name = "EmployeeID"> <xs:simpleType> <xs:restriction base = "xs:string" > <xs:length value = "3"/> <xs:pattern value = "[0-9]{3}"/> </xs:restriction> </xs:simpleType> </xs:element> XML excerpt: <EmployeeID>1234</EmployeeID> When the XML fails to validate aga...

OnCick Code
If I have 2 Combo Boxes on the same form cmbSource cmbTarget What code do I need in OnClick in cmbSource to send any data in that combo to cmbTarget Thanks for any help..................Bob me.cmbTarget.additem me.cmbSource.text cmbTarget's data type must be list. "Bob V" wrote: > > > If I have 2 Combo Boxes on the same form > cmbSource > cmbTarget > What code do I need in OnClick in cmbSource to send any data in that combo > to cmbTarget > Thanks for any help..................Bob > > > Thanks Lance, But I should have thought be...

NDR
Have a remote user who connects to LAN via VPN, using XP professional and Office XP small business. Email worked fine yesterday but now user cannot send mail, gets following error message: Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: RE: test Sent: 10/16/2003 11:44 AM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: recipients name on 10/16/2003 11:44 AM None of your e-mail accounts could send to this recipient. User can receive email without any problems. I cannot find this in the knowledge base so any help would be g...

Unique user reports people are getting NDR's when sending him messages within my organization
Strange behavior. About 5 users report that sending messages to "Smith, John" (a valid user in my organization) returns an NDR. I attempted to send message to "Smith, John" and it works fine. I noticed that users who complain messages are failing are housed in the same Mailbox Store, Storage and Exchange server than John, Smith. I attempted to track message below using Messaging Tracking center but no results were returned. Please advise how can I troubleshoot this ? What this error could be ? From: System Administrator Sent: Monday, November 07, 2005 7:28 AM T...

exclude administrator login to OWA ?
Is it possible to prevent the Domain Administrator account (which has a mailbox) from being able to log on to OWA from outside ? This would be meant as a security precaution. Exch 2000, AD 2003. Thanks. On Wed, 14 Dec 2005 19:51:28 GMT, "JAQK" <johnny@tamtam.com> wrote: >Is it possible to prevent the Domain Administrator account (which has a >mailbox) from being able to log on to OWA from outside ? > >This would be meant as a security precaution. > >Exch 2000, AD 2003. > > > >Thanks. > > > In ADU&C on the Exchange server g...

OOO and NDR Security Risk Solutions
Hi, I'd like to enable NDRs and external OOO messages, which have been disabled by the previous IT Manager, but I am aware of the potential security risks. Can someone please recommend security tools which help prevent some of these risks? Thanks, Matt I know that guns kill people. Can someone recommend a gun that doesn't kill people as much? -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" <mlaufer@srg.com> wrote in message news:1160520993.355412.165180@b28g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > > I'd like to enable N...

Required Field Code
I am trying to create code that will make a field required depending on the value of another field. "Priorpap" is a required field and may contain two possible values, either 0 or 1. If "priorpap" is equal to 1 then "ppdate" needs to be a required field. If "priorpap" is equal to 0 then "ppdate" is not required. Any help would be appreciated. If me.priorpap = 1 Then MsgBox "ppdate is now required", vbCritical Cancel = True Me!ppdate.SetFocus End If And what if ppdate has already been filled in? Won't the...

NDR's and Virus's
I recieved a e-mail from my T-1 provider stating "A host (my domain ip) within your IP block appears to be the source of an email containing the virus: Worm.Sober.U. The email address listed in the from field in messages sent by most viruses is generally spoofed. Please ensure that your mail server is not sending a virus notification or NDR (non delivery report) to this address as these methods can be used directly or indirectly to propagate email viruses." I have determined that it is indeed a NDR report being generated causing the issue. I also notice that when I do a ...

NDR #6
Hi I get the follwoing message Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: test Sent: 26/10/2004 08:27 The following recipient(s) could not be reached: Wright, Doug . on 26/10/2004 08:27 A configuration error in the e-mail system caused the message to bounce between two servers or to be forwarded between two recipients. Contact your administrator. <server.domain.com #5.4.6> I have the ADC in place I only get this message when sending to the this exchange 5.5 site from 2003 server the connector shows no e...

Tax code disappearing after Payroll Tax Update.
Has anyone faced issues with state tax code disappearing after applying payroll tax update? We had a tax code "Exempt" for state "CA" and this code disappeared from few of our companies after applying Payroll Tax Update. Is it possible we might have a maintenance disconnect somewhere? as this code disappeared only from few of our companies. Thanks, Hetal. ...

Is There A Way To Paste Standard Error Trapping Code
While using the Visual Basic code editor, is there a way to paste my standard error trapping code into a new (i.e., blank) sub procedure? I say "my" because I have my own favorite way of trapping and displaying trapped error messages. Standard error trapping code gets created when one uses the Control Wizard and I wonder if there is a way to create, or find, a similar tool that recognizes what event procedure I am in, grabs the event- name, and produces (i.e., pastes in) the "On Error GoTo . . ." and other error trapping code so I don't have to type it into every new s...