NDR -- Bilateral agreement required ??

Does anyone know what the following NDR is and its resolution?

"Delivery of the message required a bilateral agreement where not such
agreement exists"

I've searched KnowledgeBase and Google to no avail.

If you know anything about this please help!  Thx.

0
Itrcb4 (27)

Check the domain you are sending to...see if they have an email faq on their
web site, or some other contact information by which you can ask them what
is needed.

"itrcb4" <itrcb4@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Does anyone know what the following NDR is and its resolution?
>
> "Delivery of the message required a bilateral agreement where not such
> agreement exists"
>
> I've searched KnowledgeBase and Google to no avail.
>
> If you know anything about this please help!  Thx.

0
betelgeuse (144)
10/18/2006 5:53:06 PM
itrcb4 <itrcb4@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Does anyone know what the following NDR is and its resolution?
>
>"Delivery of the message required a bilateral agreement where not such
>agreement exists"
>
>I've searched KnowledgeBase and Google to no avail.
>
>If you know anything about this please help!  Thx.

Do you have any X.400 connectors, or X.400 connections with other
e-mail systems?

You should find more information in the Applications Log (look for a
290 EventID with MSExchangeMTA as the source).

Are you running Exchange 5.5?

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

Requirements for Outlook Offline synchronization?
All of the official documentation I can dig up describes a normal office user that brings his laptop into the office, logs on to the local domain, works for the day, and then clicks "Go Offline" to do a sync before he goes home. Next time he comes into the office, he clicks the button to resync his changes, and goes on working. But what about a TRUE remote user? (Never or seldom in the office) Assuming we find some way to manage the large size of the first sync, what are client/server requirements to make this work? Obviously, that user needs an account on the company's d...

Stopping NDR's
Is there away to stop NDR's for users that no longer exist in Exchange 2000, and also keep the "Bad Mail" folder from filling up? Thanks Brad Create an Emtpy Distribution List with no members. Add the ex-employee email address to the DL list. They will simply disappear. For the Bad Mail, you can write a simple batch file to purge or delete the folder. -- John Oliver, Jr. MCSE, MCT, CCNA, Exchange MVP Microsoft Certified Partner "Brad" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:057a01c3d3e0$48730b60$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Is there away ...

NDR ?
I get one of the following messages whenever I try to send messages to certain recipients: The following recipient(s) could not be reached: 'betsy@xyz.com' on 4/12/04 9:39 AM The recipient name is not recognized The MTS-ID of the original message is: c=US;a=PRIMARY;p=ELLIST;l=HERAD-040412133844Z-433 ------------------------------------------------- The following recipient(s) could not be reached: 'adam@abc.com' on 3/25/2004 1:53 PM Unable to deliver the message due to a communications failure The MTS-ID of the original message is: c=US;a=PRIMARY;p=ELLIST;l=HERAD-040325185233...

NDR's and Virus's
I recieved a e-mail from my T-1 provider stating "A host (my domain ip) within your IP block appears to be the source of an email containing the virus: Worm.Sober.U. The email address listed in the from field in messages sent by most viruses is generally spoofed. Please ensure that your mail server is not sending a virus notification or NDR (non delivery report) to this address as these methods can be used directly or indirectly to propagate email viruses." I have determined that it is indeed a NDR report being generated causing the issue. I also notice that when I do a ...

OOO and NDR Security Risk Solutions
Hi, I'd like to enable NDRs and external OOO messages, which have been disabled by the previous IT Manager, but I am aware of the potential security risks. Can someone please recommend security tools which help prevent some of these risks? Thanks, Matt I know that guns kill people. Can someone recommend a gun that doesn't kill people as much? -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" <mlaufer@srg.com> wrote in message news:1160520993.355412.165180@b28g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > > I'd like to enable N...

Required Field Code
I am trying to create code that will make a field required depending on the value of another field. "Priorpap" is a required field and may contain two possible values, either 0 or 1. If "priorpap" is equal to 1 then "ppdate" needs to be a required field. If "priorpap" is equal to 0 then "ppdate" is not required. Any help would be appreciated. If me.priorpap = 1 Then MsgBox "ppdate is now required", vbCritical Cancel = True Me!ppdate.SetFocus End If And what if ppdate has already been filled in? Won't the...

Cannot open original message in NDR
Hello, When I receive a NDR I cannot open the original message in Outlook 2003. When I use Outlook Express I can open and view the original message. What do I have to do to see the original message in Outlook 2003? Kind regards: Emiel Kempen. what's NDR? nntp://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.outlook/<OcPrtbI0EHA.1392@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl> Hello, When I receive a NDR I cannot open the original message in Outlook 2003. When I use Outlook Express I can open and view the original message. What do I have to do to see the original message in Outlook 2003? ...

NDR
Have a remote user who connects to LAN via VPN, using XP professional and Office XP small business. Email worked fine yesterday but now user cannot send mail, gets following error message: Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: RE: test Sent: 10/16/2003 11:44 AM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: recipients name on 10/16/2003 11:44 AM None of your e-mail accounts could send to this recipient. User can receive email without any problems. I cannot find this in the knowledge base so any help would be g...

Unique user reports people are getting NDR's when sending him messages within my organization
Strange behavior. About 5 users report that sending messages to "Smith, John" (a valid user in my organization) returns an NDR. I attempted to send message to "Smith, John" and it works fine. I noticed that users who complain messages are failing are housed in the same Mailbox Store, Storage and Exchange server than John, Smith. I attempted to track message below using Messaging Tracking center but no results were returned. Please advise how can I troubleshoot this ? What this error could be ? From: System Administrator Sent: Monday, November 07, 2005 7:28 AM T...

E2k3 NDR's
Hi folks, This is a silly one I know, but is there a way of collecting alls messages for domain to one mailbox without sending an NDR where the name came not be found. IE user John@123.com will receive mail direct to John, but Daivd will receive all other mail to @123.com without entering all the different names. Want I want is a catch all. Thanks in advance Stephen Why dont you try the "forward all unresolved" recipients to host on the SMTP virtual server. If you use a windows 2000 SMTP service as the forwarding server, the messages can go into the DROP directory. "...

PowerShell2 on xp, sp3 required?
I'm a PS beginner. I found a download named 'Windows Management Framework Core' which is supposed (?) to contain ps ver 2. It doesn't install on my xppro sp2 because 'At minimum, you must have Service Pack 3 installed'. SP3 is required as prerequisite for PS or for the whole Windows Management Framework Core ? Where can i find the PS2 - alone installer? tnx in advance Ago agostino;1267948 Wrote: > I'm a PS beginner. > I found a download named 'Windows Management Framework Core' which is > supposed (?) to contain ps v...

Outgoing Mail server requires authentication
What reasons would you need to supply this information in your Outlook settings?? Would there be a reason that you would need to have to seperate accounts, say a pop3 and smtp with different credentials? The reason for requiring authentication is so others, such as spammers, can't use the server - authentication helps insure only account holders can access the server. If you have more than one account and your ISP prevents use of other SMTP servers, you'll need to authenticate to the ISP's SMTP, not the one used by the account. <matthewpascucci@yahoo.com> wrote in m...

NDR #6
Hi I get the follwoing message Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: test Sent: 26/10/2004 08:27 The following recipient(s) could not be reached: Wright, Doug . on 26/10/2004 08:27 A configuration error in the e-mail system caused the message to bounce between two servers or to be forwarded between two recipients. Contact your administrator. <server.domain.com #5.4.6> I have the ADC in place I only get this message when sending to the this exchange 5.5 site from 2003 server the connector shows no e...

Email Field Requirements
Is there a way to remove email field requirements / validation. Some of our clients are fax reciepients only and we were able to send faxes using [fax: @2125551212] in the email field but CRM requires @something.com. Thanks, Joe ...

NDR
I'm getting a NDR on my E2003 server with the following error in it: #5.5.0 smtp error 552 recipient counts exceeds maximum I'm not able to find anything about the error message and I'm wondering what it means and what to do about it. Regards, Rob ...

NDR #2
how does one change permission on the system 32 directory from everyone read to everyone change ...

ADC and recipient agreement.
I'm upgrading exchange 5.5 to exchange 2000. We only have one server. Both Exchange 5.5 and Win2000 server are on it. Do I still need to do the ADC and the two way recipient agreement stuff??? Dan... I was under the impression that microsoft discouraged in place upgrades from ex5.5. If you get a second server and set it up with ex2000 you would need the ADC, but I've no idea for an in place upgrade. >-----Original Message----- >I'm upgrading exchange 5.5 to exchange 2000. We only have >one server. Both Exchange 5.5 and Win2000 server are on >it. Do I...

gridview edits requires a double click
Why is that I need to click the edit link twice, in a gridview control, before my row enters into edit mode? Is there a workaround? -- Arne Garvander Certified professional Geek "Arne Garvander" <ArneGarvander@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:637F0D30-A7B1-47DE-8141-CD9E18C5E8BC@microsoft.com... > Why is that I need to click the edit link twice, in a gridview control, > before my row enters into edit mode? > Is there a workaround? Common problem, hundreds of web pages, easily fixed: http://www.google.co.uk/search?rlz=1C1CHMA_en-GBGB3...

Exchange 2000 modifies NDR's from outside
Hello, whenever a NDR generated by remote servers comes to our exchange server, exchange modifies the NDR, including attached message. As a result, we can't safely detect where the problem started and what server generated the NDR. Is there any possibility to set up exchange not to modify the NDR, and to show it exactly as it came in? (except Received: headers, which of course should be added). Thank you. -- Matus UHLAR - fantomas, uhlar@fantomas.sk ; http://www.fantomas.sk/ Warning: I wish NOT to receive e-mail advertising to this address. Varovanie: na tuto adresu chcem NEDOSTAVAT a...

NDR return with attachment
I have exchange 2000 on windows 2000 with sigle domain, when our users send a mail with file attachment to external users and by mistacke they make typo mistake in email address then they will received NDR mail with same attachment. Can it be configurable in exchane 2000 that users received NDR but without attachment Nagori ...

NDR: 552
HI Everyone, One of my exchange 2003 users receive this error when they try sending mail to a particular domain. the error is: The following recipient(s) could not be reached: someone@somewhere on 10/07/2006 9:48 AM There was a SMTP communication problem with the recipient's email server. Please contact your system administrator. <isdex001.intra.swsahs.nsw.gov.au #5.5.0 smtp;552 imsss01.intra.swsahs.nsw.gov.au: your "received:" header counts of 21 exceeds maximum setting 20> Any ideas as to why we receive this error i am kind apretty su...

NDR Report
We get this NDR error when someone sends to a particular address: 550 Only 1 recipients accepted with null sender address Again, the emails are sent using Outlook to a listing in our GAL for the Custom Recipient. I have checked the outgoing messages and they do contain a sender address. Any ideas? Thanks. BSchmidt Have you contacted the recipient's admin folk on this? BSchmidt wrote: > We get this NDR error when someone sends to a particular address: > > 550 Only 1 recipients accepted with null sender address > > Again, the emails are sent using Out...

Terminal Server Hardware Requirements
Is there a document specifying the hardware require (more specific) for using Great Plains on Terminal Server? There is a TK that shows 1 GB (or More) for 15 to 20 users. This seems low to me. This TK is named Microsoft Great PLains 8.0 Remote Connectivity Configuration Requirements. thanks -- Doug I just checked here, if I run it as a published app it's about 27MB per user. If you run it from the desktop it's about 35MB. You have to consider what other apps you are going to run though. Most of the Office programs use about 5-6MB each. I would compute the memory for ...

Outlook NDR 5.1.0
I have a newly migration exchange 2003 sp2 on windows 2003 r2 DC - it's a GC and has Symantec Mail Security for MS Exchange and GFI Antispam. Have another windows 2003 r2 server that is also a GC. When I send emails to a group of 16 or more users (eg. a mailing list of most of our staff of 40) AND some of the users have a inbound delivery restriction to receive mail from a specific query distribution group I get an undeliverable with a 5.1.0 - Event ID 3009, MSExchangeTransport, Cause: This is categorizer failure caused by a bad address. Solution: Either the recipient address is...

Screen Prompt Data Enrty Requirement
If users selects "In Garage - Service" from drop down box then want Screen Prompt requesting "User to Enter Replacement Van Reg Number" this information must be entered in the Screen Prompt Box and placed into a cell F2. Can someone please recommend a solution? -- Ant_Sky ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Ant_Sky's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=25558 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=389906 ...