NDR 5.1.6 #2

Hi,

When someone sends a mail too a user in our domain (AD) we get
sometimes a ndr 5.1.6 and sometimes it is delivered correctly.

We use Exchange 2000.

THX.

0
hdinf (12)

More info needed.

The actual NDR text would be helpful.

--
Ben Winzenz
Exchange MVP

"HDI" <hdinf@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> When someone sends a mail too a user in our domain (AD) we get
> sometimes a ndr 5.1.6 and sometimes it is delivered correctly.
>
> We use Exchange 2000.
>
> THX.

0
Ben
2/17/2006 2:20:52 PM
The message was undeliverable because the recipient specified has
changed
address permanently and forwarding was not applicable

0
hdinf (12)
2/17/2006 2:35:45 PM
"HDI" <hdinf@hotmail.com> wrote:

>The message was undeliverable because the recipient specified has
>changed
>address permanently and forwarding was not applicable

Did you delete that user and then add them again to the AD? What
you're describing usually happend when the legacyExchangeDN property
value of the use is different to what it was when they sent a message
that someone's replying to. It can also happen if people have added
the user to their Contacts and the legacyExchangeDN value in the
Contact is different to the legacyExchangeDN value assigned to the
user.

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

Where can I find that legacyExchangeDN in exchange.

0
hdinf (12)
2/20/2006 7:29:09 AM
It's an attribute of the user account in AD.  Use ADSIEdit (Windows Support
tools), or LDP.exe or any other LDAP browser to view the attributes for this
user.

--

> Only the display name has changed.
>
> Where can I find that legacyExchangeDN in exchange.

0
Ben
2/20/2006 2:16:49 PM
So if users add it to their contacts we can't do anything except ask
them too delete it from their contacts? What's is not an option.

Can this also happen when the displayname has changed?

0
hdinf (12)
2/21/2006 8:33:30 AM
The user is member of a group.

If a mails is send too the groups he gets 5.1.6.
If a mail was sent to his mail address it's ok.

0
hdinf (12)
2/27/2006 10:12:56 AM
Does someone has an answer??

Thx

0
hdinf (12)

autoreply #2
Goodmorning, We are using Outlook2003 with Exchange server 5.5. Is it possible to make a rule with ''have server reply using a specific message '' with the original message? I want when: a message arrives to send a reply, always, but WITH the original message, otherwise people don't know on which message this reply is send. Thanks. John No. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "John Knijn" <john.knijn@p...

Stopping NDR's
Is there away to stop NDR's for users that no longer exist in Exchange 2000, and also keep the "Bad Mail" folder from filling up? Thanks Brad Create an Emtpy Distribution List with no members. Add the ex-employee email address to the DL list. They will simply disappear. For the Bad Mail, you can write a simple batch file to purge or delete the folder. -- John Oliver, Jr. MCSE, MCT, CCNA, Exchange MVP Microsoft Certified Partner "Brad" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:057a01c3d3e0$48730b60$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Is there away ...

2 sheets on 1 paper
Ive created several sheets in Excel....now I want to have it printet on a duplex printer...so I want the 2 sheets to be on same paper...one on front and the other on the back.. So far I havent found a solution...can anybody help me, plzzz ??? Hi One way http://www.rondebruin.nl/print.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin (Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2000-2003) www.rondebruin.nl "DJE" <junkmail2dje@nettaxi.com> wrote in message news:9B4677C2-A836-420C-9414-833B0DBACA13@microsoft.com... > Ive created several sheets in Excel....now I want to have it printet on a duplex printer...so I want...

Sheets #2
Hello, I have a macro that opens workbooks on demand using vba code. I would like to be able to create an error if a particular worksheet is not in the Excel file. I would like the error to display a message if the sheet is not in the file. How can I prepare my if statement to determine if a particular worksheet is in the file or not? Also, I would like to do this using vba code. Thank You, Here is one I use to activate,if open, or open if not. It's from a typed name in a cell using a double click event. Private Sub Worksheet_BeforeDoubleClick(ByVal Target As Range, Cancel As...

NDR ?
I get one of the following messages whenever I try to send messages to certain recipients: The following recipient(s) could not be reached: 'betsy@xyz.com' on 4/12/04 9:39 AM The recipient name is not recognized The MTS-ID of the original message is: c=US;a=PRIMARY;p=ELLIST;l=HERAD-040412133844Z-433 ------------------------------------------------- The following recipient(s) could not be reached: 'adam@abc.com' on 3/25/2004 1:53 PM Unable to deliver the message due to a communications failure The MTS-ID of the original message is: c=US;a=PRIMARY;p=ELLIST;l=HERAD-040325185233...

Export troubles #2
I am currently trying to get the following fields to export from the Task items into an Excel spreadsheet or even a .csv for that matter Subject, % Complete, Created Date, Due Date, Date Completed, Owner, Requested by I can get 4 of the 7 fields to export, but am unable to export the others. I have defined them in my views so they are visible. When I try to define custom mappings, I am unable to see 'Owner, Requested by, Created Date' fields in order to map them. I have tried following the KB#236903 with no success and I am unable to find the field names on the list provided in KB...

CRM 1.2 Internet Explorer crashing
Has anyone experienced IE crashing when changing windows in CRM 1.2 or know a fix for it? All my users here are reporting CRM closing down when trying to go from one screen to another in CRM, but it only happens at random. The error message logged is Faulting application iexplore.exe, version 6.0.2900.2180, faulting module mshtml.dll, version 6.0.2900.2963, fault address 0x0006cfce. TIA Hits Hello Hitesh, This looks like its covered under another thread. do a search for mshtml.dll and you'll find thread that ends with a note that MS is looking at it. I went down the same path myself,...

Unique user reports people are getting NDR's when sending him messages within my organization
Strange behavior. About 5 users report that sending messages to "Smith, John" (a valid user in my organization) returns an NDR. I attempted to send message to "Smith, John" and it works fine. I noticed that users who complain messages are failing are housed in the same Mailbox Store, Storage and Exchange server than John, Smith. I attempted to track message below using Messaging Tracking center but no results were returned. Please advise how can I troubleshoot this ? What this error could be ? From: System Administrator Sent: Monday, November 07, 2005 7:28 AM T...

NDR
Have a remote user who connects to LAN via VPN, using XP professional and Office XP small business. Email worked fine yesterday but now user cannot send mail, gets following error message: Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: RE: test Sent: 10/16/2003 11:44 AM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: recipients name on 10/16/2003 11:44 AM None of your e-mail accounts could send to this recipient. User can receive email without any problems. I cannot find this in the knowledge base so any help would be g...

Sumif??? #2
Okay I have a formula now that I am using to calc. the Year-to-date point will be deleted. "=SUM(EDATE(B8,12)+10" I want it to only calc. if there is a point value >0 in D. So I would use Sumif but Im not quite sure how to nest that together -- KellyMcG0 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- KellyMcG03's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1454 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26169 Hi still not very clear what you're trying to do. Try to post some data rows (p...

Auto Update #2
I have a password protected Excel document that contains links. Is there a way to have Excel automatically update these links on a daily basis without having to open the document, enter the password, then save the document? Thank you in advance, Tony Maybe you could have a macro do it for you. But you'll have to embed the passwords in the code. Tony wrote: > > I have a password protected Excel document that contains links. > > Is there a way to have Excel automatically update these links on a daily > basis without having to open the document, enter the password, t...

Url Routing in ASP.NET 3.5 breaks AJAX
Hello I created custom URL routing in ASP.NET 3.5 (http://blogs.msdn.com/b/mikeormond/archive/2008/05/14/using-asp-net-routing-independent-of-mvc.aspx), but my AJAX code is giving me error now: 'Sys' is undefined. When I remove the routing, AJAX works fine. I am using standard Microsoft AJAX libraries. Please help! this happens when you have wildcarding in place one way to solve this to add a constraint to your routes so they only work for .aspx , ... files - something like this : RouteValueDictionary constraints = new RouteValueDictionary( new { Page = @"....

Upgrade Excel 5.0
I currently have Excel 5.0. Is it possible to purchase upgrades for this version? I would like to upgrade it to at least Excel 97 but preferably further. Thanks. Hi Elizabeth 5 is old. Old like vintage. I don't think upgade licenses go more than a version or two back, so 5 wouldn't qualify for that. Worse perhaps is that only the current version is for sale at any time. That would be Excel XP for a few more days, until 2003 version arrives. You could always check the secondhand market and online auctions like www.ebay.com for older versions. There are a few new cool things in ea...

Card Game Spreadsheet #2
Thanks for all your help Julie and Jeff, much appreciated! I'm using the following as a testbed before I start entering all th card data into the spreadsheet. The card details are defined in B1:G1 as follows:- (Card Name | Level | Element | ATK | DEF | Details) Levia | 6 | Water | 3000 | 2000 | A huge red Dragon The Bracketed Attributes aren't on the actual spreadsheet. I'm using the following in C6 to Vlookup card details from th user-entered data entered into B6. =VLOOKUP(B6,Sheet1!B1:G1,2,0) However it's only returning the "Level" statistic of "6"...

exchange 5.5 problem, please help
on a clients exch5.5 server the internet mail service is set to use their isp's smtp server as a relay. MUST it be like this? cant i leave that field blank and let exchange send mail directly? please advise <jjd228@NOSPAMoptonline.net> wrote in news:TFxJc.36153$_b.14512945@news4.srv.hcvlny.cv.net: > on a clients exch5.5 server the internet mail service is set to use > their isp's smtp server as a relay. MUST it be like this? cant i leave > that field blank and let exchange send mail directly? please advise It should be able to be blank, but it depends on how your I...

Cannot open original message in NDR
Hello, When I receive a NDR I cannot open the original message in Outlook 2003. When I use Outlook Express I can open and view the original message. What do I have to do to see the original message in Outlook 2003? Kind regards: Emiel Kempen. what's NDR? nntp://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.outlook/<OcPrtbI0EHA.1392@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl> Hello, When I receive a NDR I cannot open the original message in Outlook 2003. When I use Outlook Express I can open and view the original message. What do I have to do to see the original message in Outlook 2003? ...

set up multiple users in outlook #2
I am currently using and ISP that provides me with 7 different email and would like to start using Outlook to receive email opposed to the online website. I have been able to add the different email address into my mail accounts, however I am receiving all the emails into one inbox. Is there a way for a prompt to come up asking which user will be using Outlook and only the email pertaining to that user to be received in that session and that when email is sent out it is sent from that user. I understand that I can do it with Outlook Express under Identities Management however I would...

time formula #6
Hi all, (office 97) You guys helped me the other day with some formula where I wanted to convert say a figure of 93 into seconds. This was done & works fine, the formula was as follows; In cell A2 enter =INT(A1/60) + MOD(A1,60)/100 I now need help changing the format slightly. Say for example there was a figure of 3666, I need to make the formula diaplay as 01:01:06 ie 1 hour, 1 min & 6 secs Have set the cell format to the above. If you have any ideas it would be appreciated as I am out of my depth Thanks again in advance Hi when 3666 is in cell A2 Into another cell enter ...

Removing Space #2
Hello, I have a text string look like "xxx xxxx", 2 spaces between those x's. I would like to remove those spaces between the two strings. The left , right function cannot be used as i have different combination of word between the two words in the cell. Please advice. Thanks much. Hi Kaci, Try: '=============>> Public Sub Tester1() Dim sStr As String sStr = "abc xyz123" '<<==== CHANGE sStr = Replace(sStr, " ", "", 1) End Sub '<<============= Alternatively, if the strings are values held on...

How do I Full screen an Email??? #2
I looking for a way to look at an email that I receive in a full screen mode. The way I'm trying to see it is like I was in I.E. and pressed the f11 key or if I was in Word or Excel & used the Alt+V+U function for full screen. What I am trying to see just the heart of the email not the header or anything else but the email body ...

Connecting to boxes moved from 5.5 to 2003
I have a small organization, with about 60 clients and I'm working on an AD converison. I worked with a consultant to setup a new AD domain with the requisite trust with my old NT domain and the ADC. I have no problem moving test boxes over to the AD/Exchange03 machine, but I am not certain what the next steps in the process for accessing the moved boxes should be. I though I could simply "enable" the moved accounts I see in AD Users and Computers, but even after resetting pw's and enableing the acct, I am immediately challenged with a bad pw/username error when I atte...

Switching 5.5 service account
Our one Exchange 5.5 SP4 box is using the domain admin account as its service account. I created a new user account and gave it domain admin rights and then pointed the six Exchange services to that new account and password and rebooted. When the box came back up, only the MS Directory Service was running. The others wouldn't start. I then switched back to the admin account, rebooted and all was well??? What am I forgetting here? Thanks, Mark Read this: http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/55/support/changing.mspx -- Martin Blackstone MVP - Exchange http://www.s...

NDR's and Virus's
I recieved a e-mail from my T-1 provider stating "A host (my domain ip) within your IP block appears to be the source of an email containing the virus: Worm.Sober.U. The email address listed in the from field in messages sent by most viruses is generally spoofed. Please ensure that your mail server is not sending a virus notification or NDR (non delivery report) to this address as these methods can be used directly or indirectly to propagate email viruses." I have determined that it is indeed a NDR report being generated causing the issue. I also notice that when I do a ...

allowing user@[sample.ip.address] in Exchange 5.5
is ther a way to enable our mail server to accept inbound/outbound mail in the form of: user@[ipaddress] ex. allow abuse@tcl.com.ph with ip 203.160.172.233 to recevied mail form of: abuse@[203.160.172.233] i have exchange 5.5 sp 6. on win NT thanks "disk0nek" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:08bc01c3be1c$eba9a070$a101280a@phx.gbl... > is ther a way to enable our mail server to accept > inbound/outbound mail in the form of: > > user@[ipaddress] > > ex. > > allow abuse@tcl.com.ph with ip 203.160.172.233 to recevied > ...

need help #5
Humaneyes from Israel really sucks! ...