NDR 5.1.1 caused by old delegate

Greetings All,

We have a user that gets the 5.1.1 NDR when sending a meeting request or
appointment because someone on the recipient list has an old delegate entry
for a deleted user. Unfortunately the recipient list is quite large. Is there
a way of determining where the old delegate entry is that does not involve
checking the delegate setup in Outlook Tools...Options for all recipients?

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

PeteK
0
PeteK (11)

Pete

Jaycee posted a script on Feb 9 (12:26pm). Use with the usual caution.

Here's a script that will list the delegates for users.  Just copy the text
below and paste it into a text file.  Then rename the file to delegates.vbs.
Double-click the file to exectute.  It will create a output.txt file that
will list accounts with delegates.

strComputer = "."
Set objWMIService = GetObject("winmgmts:\\" & strComputer &
"\root\directory\LDAP")
Set colItems = objWMIService.ExecQuery( _
    "SELECT * FROM ds_user",,48)

dim oFso, oFile

strOutputFile = "output.txt"

set oFso = createObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")
set oFile = oFso.CreateTextFile(strOutputFile, True)

For Each objItem in colItems
    If isNull(objItem.DS_publicDelegates) Then

    Else
        oFile.WriteLine "DS_sAMAccountName: " & objItem.DS_sAMAccountName
        oFile.WriteLine "DS_publicDelegates: " &
Join(objItem.DS_publicDelegates, ",")
        oFile.WriteLine ""
    End If
Next

wscript.Echo "Done!"
oFile.Close
"PeteK" <PeteK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Greetings All,
>
> We have a user that gets the 5.1.1 NDR when sending a meeting request or
> appointment because someone on the recipient list has an old delegate
> entry
> for a deleted user. Unfortunately the recipient list is quite large. Is
> there
> a way of determining where the old delegate entry is that does not involve
> checking the delegate setup in Outlook Tools...Options for all recipients?
>
> Any suggestions greatly appreciated.
>
> PeteK

0
imaneophyte (3005)
2/16/2006 2:16:43 PM
Thanks for the tip. We already had a pearl script looking for the same thing
but it doesn't help if the delegate was originally setup from the Outlook end
rather than the AD end. We need something that will help from that starting
point.

PeteK

"Nuevo" wrote:

> Pete
>
> Jaycee posted a script on Feb 9 (12:26pm). Use with the usual caution.
>
> Here's a script that will list the delegates for users.  Just copy the text
> below and paste it into a text file.  Then rename the file to delegates.vbs.
> Double-click the file to exectute.  It will create a output.txt file that
> will list accounts with delegates.
>

> strComputer = "."
> Set objWMIService = GetObject("winmgmts:\\" & strComputer &
> "\root\directory\LDAP")
> Set colItems = objWMIService.ExecQuery( _
>     "SELECT * FROM ds_user",,48)
>
> dim oFso, oFile
>
> strOutputFile = "output.txt"
>
> set oFso = createObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject")
> set oFile = oFso.CreateTextFile(strOutputFile, True)
>
> For Each objItem in colItems
>     If isNull(objItem.DS_publicDelegates) Then
>
>     Else
>         oFile.WriteLine "DS_sAMAccountName: " & objItem.DS_sAMAccountName
>         oFile.WriteLine "DS_publicDelegates: " &
> Join(objItem.DS_publicDelegates, ",")
>         oFile.WriteLine ""
>     End If
> Next
>
> wscript.Echo "Done!"
> oFile.Close
> "PeteK" <PeteK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Greetings All,
> >
> > We have a user that gets the 5.1.1 NDR when sending a meeting request or
> > appointment because someone on the recipient list has an old delegate
> > entry
> > for a deleted user. Unfortunately the recipient list is quite large. Is
> > there
> > a way of determining where the old delegate entry is that does not involve
> > checking the delegate setup in Outlook Tools...Options for all recipients?
> >
> > Any suggestions greatly appreciated.
> >
> > PeteK

0
PeteK (11)

Stopping NDR's
Is there away to stop NDR's for users that no longer exist in Exchange 2000, and also keep the "Bad Mail" folder from filling up? Thanks Brad Create an Emtpy Distribution List with no members. Add the ex-employee email address to the DL list. They will simply disappear. For the Bad Mail, you can write a simple batch file to purge or delete the folder. -- John Oliver, Jr. MCSE, MCT, CCNA, Exchange MVP Microsoft Certified Partner "Brad" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:057a01c3d3e0$48730b60$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Is there away ...

Finding old items in Outlook 2003 Calendar
We have recently created a shared Calendar to use as a holiday planner. I have entered the history so that a full year can be recorded. When I do a find on an individuals name I cannot retrieve anything before the current date. Nothing has been archived and I cannot find anything to change in advanced search. "pav" <pav@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:511DC033-4DF8-4119-BC1D-87EF134FEE92@microsoft.com... > We have recently created a shared Calendar to use as a holiday planner. I > have entered the history so that a full year can be rec...

2 sheets on 1 paper
Ive created several sheets in Excel....now I want to have it printet on a duplex printer...so I want the 2 sheets to be on same paper...one on front and the other on the back.. So far I havent found a solution...can anybody help me, plzzz ??? Hi One way http://www.rondebruin.nl/print.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin (Win XP Pro SP-1 XL2000-2003) www.rondebruin.nl "DJE" <junkmail2dje@nettaxi.com> wrote in message news:9B4677C2-A836-420C-9414-833B0DBACA13@microsoft.com... > Ive created several sheets in Excel....now I want to have it printet on a duplex printer...so I want...

NDR ?
I get one of the following messages whenever I try to send messages to certain recipients: The following recipient(s) could not be reached: 'betsy@xyz.com' on 4/12/04 9:39 AM The recipient name is not recognized The MTS-ID of the original message is: c=US;a=PRIMARY;p=ELLIST;l=HERAD-040412133844Z-433 ------------------------------------------------- The following recipient(s) could not be reached: 'adam@abc.com' on 3/25/2004 1:53 PM Unable to deliver the message due to a communications failure The MTS-ID of the original message is: c=US;a=PRIMARY;p=ELLIST;l=HERAD-040325185233...

CRM 1.2 Internet Explorer crashing
Has anyone experienced IE crashing when changing windows in CRM 1.2 or know a fix for it? All my users here are reporting CRM closing down when trying to go from one screen to another in CRM, but it only happens at random. The error message logged is Faulting application iexplore.exe, version 6.0.2900.2180, faulting module mshtml.dll, version 6.0.2900.2963, fault address 0x0006cfce. TIA Hits Hello Hitesh, This looks like its covered under another thread. do a search for mshtml.dll and you'll find thread that ends with a note that MS is looking at it. I went down the same path myself,...

Unique user reports people are getting NDR's when sending him messages within my organization
Strange behavior. About 5 users report that sending messages to "Smith, John" (a valid user in my organization) returns an NDR. I attempted to send message to "Smith, John" and it works fine. I noticed that users who complain messages are failing are housed in the same Mailbox Store, Storage and Exchange server than John, Smith. I attempted to track message below using Messaging Tracking center but no results were returned. Please advise how can I troubleshoot this ? What this error could be ? From: System Administrator Sent: Monday, November 07, 2005 7:28 AM T...

NDR
Have a remote user who connects to LAN via VPN, using XP professional and Office XP small business. Email worked fine yesterday but now user cannot send mail, gets following error message: Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: RE: test Sent: 10/16/2003 11:44 AM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: recipients name on 10/16/2003 11:44 AM None of your e-mail accounts could send to this recipient. User can receive email without any problems. I cannot find this in the knowledge base so any help would be g...

Url Routing in ASP.NET 3.5 breaks AJAX
Hello I created custom URL routing in ASP.NET 3.5 (http://blogs.msdn.com/b/mikeormond/archive/2008/05/14/using-asp-net-routing-independent-of-mvc.aspx), but my AJAX code is giving me error now: 'Sys' is undefined. When I remove the routing, AJAX works fine. I am using standard Microsoft AJAX libraries. Please help! this happens when you have wildcarding in place one way to solve this to add a constraint to your routes so they only work for .aspx , ... files - something like this : RouteValueDictionary constraints = new RouteValueDictionary( new { Page = @"....

Upgrade Excel 5.0
I currently have Excel 5.0. Is it possible to purchase upgrades for this version? I would like to upgrade it to at least Excel 97 but preferably further. Thanks. Hi Elizabeth 5 is old. Old like vintage. I don't think upgade licenses go more than a version or two back, so 5 wouldn't qualify for that. Worse perhaps is that only the current version is for sale at any time. That would be Excel XP for a few more days, until 2003 version arrives. You could always check the secondhand market and online auctions like www.ebay.com for older versions. There are a few new cool things in ea...

exchange 5.5 problem, please help
on a clients exch5.5 server the internet mail service is set to use their isp's smtp server as a relay. MUST it be like this? cant i leave that field blank and let exchange send mail directly? please advise <jjd228@NOSPAMoptonline.net> wrote in news:TFxJc.36153$_b.14512945@news4.srv.hcvlny.cv.net: > on a clients exch5.5 server the internet mail service is set to use > their isp's smtp server as a relay. MUST it be like this? cant i leave > that field blank and let exchange send mail directly? please advise It should be able to be blank, but it depends on how your I...

Connecting to boxes moved from 5.5 to 2003
I have a small organization, with about 60 clients and I'm working on an AD converison. I worked with a consultant to setup a new AD domain with the requisite trust with my old NT domain and the ADC. I have no problem moving test boxes over to the AD/Exchange03 machine, but I am not certain what the next steps in the process for accessing the moved boxes should be. I though I could simply "enable" the moved accounts I see in AD Users and Computers, but even after resetting pw's and enableing the acct, I am immediately challenged with a bad pw/username error when I atte...

Cannot open original message in NDR
Hello, When I receive a NDR I cannot open the original message in Outlook 2003. When I use Outlook Express I can open and view the original message. What do I have to do to see the original message in Outlook 2003? Kind regards: Emiel Kempen. what's NDR? nntp://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.outlook/<OcPrtbI0EHA.1392@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl> Hello, When I receive a NDR I cannot open the original message in Outlook 2003. When I use Outlook Express I can open and view the original message. What do I have to do to see the original message in Outlook 2003? ...

Switching 5.5 service account
Our one Exchange 5.5 SP4 box is using the domain admin account as its service account. I created a new user account and gave it domain admin rights and then pointed the six Exchange services to that new account and password and rebooted. When the box came back up, only the MS Directory Service was running. The others wouldn't start. I then switched back to the admin account, rebooted and all was well??? What am I forgetting here? Thanks, Mark Read this: http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/55/support/changing.mspx -- Martin Blackstone MVP - Exchange http://www.s...

allowing user@[sample.ip.address] in Exchange 5.5
is ther a way to enable our mail server to accept inbound/outbound mail in the form of: user@[ipaddress] ex. allow abuse@tcl.com.ph with ip 203.160.172.233 to recevied mail form of: abuse@[203.160.172.233] i have exchange 5.5 sp 6. on win NT thanks "disk0nek" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:08bc01c3be1c$eba9a070$a101280a@phx.gbl... > is ther a way to enable our mail server to accept > inbound/outbound mail in the form of: > > user@[ipaddress] > > ex. > > allow abuse@tcl.com.ph with ip 203.160.172.233 to recevied > ...

NDR's and Virus's
I recieved a e-mail from my T-1 provider stating "A host (my domain ip) within your IP block appears to be the source of an email containing the virus: Worm.Sober.U. The email address listed in the from field in messages sent by most viruses is generally spoofed. Please ensure that your mail server is not sending a virus notification or NDR (non delivery report) to this address as these methods can be used directly or indirectly to propagate email viruses." I have determined that it is indeed a NDR report being generated causing the issue. I also notice that when I do a ...

need help #5
Humaneyes from Israel really sucks! ...

Error 451 4.1.8
Recently our domain hosting was changed and was never relayed to the IT Dept. The person who set up the Exchange server is not available. Now we have a problem with some emails in queue only to one address. Also some people cannot send emails to us, they are rejected. I tried to get the company who hosted our domain to tell me the MX records but no help from them. My new MX record is mail.greenford.com and 199.72.155.18. The error is <armphotos@phh.com> 451 4.1.8 Domain of sender address moliver@greenford.com does not resolve. Any help would be great, I am not an exchange guru....

What's wrong in this formula???? #5
Hm.... Using this formula: =IF(J3>2,G3*(J3*25),IF(J3>3,G3*(J3*50),IF(J3>4,G3*(J3*75),IF(J3>5,G3*(J19*100))))) I get this: G3 = 3 J3 returns result of 4 So I should get (3*150) = 450....but I get 600.00 Same J3, and G3 = 2. I should have (2*150) = 300 ... but I get 400 G3=3 J3 returns 3 I should get (3*125) = 375... but I get 450 Any idea -- Ekse ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Ekser's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1140 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=...

OOO and NDR Security Risk Solutions
Hi, I'd like to enable NDRs and external OOO messages, which have been disabled by the previous IT Manager, but I am aware of the potential security risks. Can someone please recommend security tools which help prevent some of these risks? Thanks, Matt I know that guns kill people. Can someone recommend a gun that doesn't kill people as much? -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" <mlaufer@srg.com> wrote in message news:1160520993.355412.165180@b28g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > > I'd like to enable N...

Publisher 2002 #5
I just had Publisher 2002 installed. For some reason I cannot now use my mouse roller to zoom in and out on the document like I could on the prior version. Can anyone help me? Try CTRL-mousewheel to zoom, mousewheel alone to scroll. Randall Arnold "anne" <anne@cityofmillcreek.com> wrote in message news:a2ae01c35c5e$cc0f45a0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > I just had Publisher 2002 installed. For some reason I > cannot now use my mouse roller to zoom in and out on the > document like I could on the prior version. Can anyone > help me? ...

NDR #6
Hi I get the follwoing message Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: test Sent: 26/10/2004 08:27 The following recipient(s) could not be reached: Wright, Doug . on 26/10/2004 08:27 A configuration error in the e-mail system caused the message to bounce between two servers or to be forwarded between two recipients. Contact your administrator. <server.domain.com #5.4.6> I have the ADC in place I only get this message when sending to the this exchange 5.5 site from 2003 server the connector shows no e...

why do I get sending message 2 of 2 when I only sent 1 email
When I send an e-mail, the status says sending 1 of 2 , sending 2 of 2. I only sent one e-mail. What was the second one for? There are no attachments, CCs or BCCs. Using Outlook 2007? This is quite common then when you have multiple accounts configured. Outlook 2007 has a counting bug which is partly fixed with Service Pack 2. It's just a counting issue, no additional mail is actually sent. Of course, it never hurts to look if you actually have a stuck Read Receipt. To do this see; http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/deletereadreceipt.htm -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Ou...

E2k3 NDR's
Hi folks, This is a silly one I know, but is there a way of collecting alls messages for domain to one mailbox without sending an NDR where the name came not be found. IE user John@123.com will receive mail direct to John, but Daivd will receive all other mail to @123.com without entering all the different names. Want I want is a catch all. Thanks in advance Stephen Why dont you try the "forward all unresolved" recipients to host on the SMTP virtual server. If you use a windows 2000 SMTP service as the forwarding server, the messages can go into the DROP directory. "...

formula bar #5
Does anyone know how to change the size of the font in the formula bar, i've forgotten Change the standard font on Tools >> Options >> General /Marcus "Cassie" wrote: > Does anyone know how to change the size of the font in the formula bar, i've > forgotten Thanks Marcus, i tried that before but silly me forgot to close excel and restart it for the new font size to take effect. "Marcus Langell" wrote: > Change the standard font on Tools >> Options >> General > > /Marcus > > "Cassie" wrote: > >...

Outlook Client v 1.2 not working in offline mode
Hello, we have installed several CRM Outlook Clients, version 1.2, on the laptops of our salespeople. They are able to work online perfectly, and when going offline, synchronization seems to work, as well. However, after going offline and synchronizing, when they try to open any of the CRM folders, they get an "Access Denied" message (this does not happen in online mode!). I have adjusted the permissions on the UNC Snapshot share on the SQL server, and the Publication Access Lists on the SQL server, and still get the same errors (identical on all of the clients). Does anyone have a...