NDR 4.4.6?

I get the following error when attempting to send to a particular DL.

A configuration error in the e-mail system caused the message to bounce
between two servers or to be forwarded between two recipients.  Contact your
administrator.
<SERVER #4.4.6>

How do I check the possibility of looping?

0
pscottlee (21)

Do the users in the DL have forwarding turned on within their mail
properties in AD?
"pscottlee" <pscottlee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I get the following error when attempting to send to a particular DL.
>
> A configuration error in the e-mail system caused the message to bounce
> between two servers or to be forwarded between two recipients.  Contact
> your
> administrator.
> <SERVER #4.4.6>
>
> How do I check the possibility of looping?

you might start with some message tracking...

--
Susan Conkey [MVP]

"pscottlee" <pscottlee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I get the following error when attempting to send to a particular DL.
>
> A configuration error in the e-mail system caused the message to bounce
> between two servers or to be forwarded between two recipients.  Contact
> your
> administrator.
> <SERVER #4.4.6>
>
> How do I check the possibility of looping?

0
sconkey (3059)
10/18/2006 7:12:57 PM
I know for a fact that we have a few accounts that are being forwarded to
other users, but they are all within the same org.

"JoeAHM" wrote:

> Do the users in the DL have forwarding turned on within their mail
> properties in AD?
> "pscottlee" <pscottlee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I get the following error when attempting to send to a particular DL.
> >
> > A configuration error in the e-mail system caused the message to bounce
> > between two servers or to be forwarded between two recipients.  Contact
> > your
> > administrator.
> > <SERVER #4.4.6>
> >
> > How do I check the possibility of looping?

0
pscottlee (21)
10/18/2006 7:20:01 PM
Like Susan said I would start with some message tracking if the DL is large.
If there are many users that belong to the DL it could take some time to
figure out who is causing th issue.
>I know for a fact that we have a few accounts that are being forwarded to
> other users, but they are all within the same org.
>
> "JoeAHM" wrote:
>
>> Do the users in the DL have forwarding turned on within their mail
>> properties in AD?
>> "pscottlee" <pscottlee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I get the following error when attempting to send to a particular DL.
>> >
>> > A configuration error in the e-mail system caused the message to bounce
>> > between two servers or to be forwarded between two recipients.  Contact
>> > your
>> > administrator.
>> > <SERVER #4.4.6>
>> >
>> > How do I check the possibility of looping?

Stopping NDR's
Is there away to stop NDR's for users that no longer exist in Exchange 2000, and also keep the "Bad Mail" folder from filling up? Thanks Brad Create an Emtpy Distribution List with no members. Add the ex-employee email address to the DL list. They will simply disappear. For the Bad Mail, you can write a simple batch file to purge or delete the folder. -- John Oliver, Jr. MCSE, MCT, CCNA, Exchange MVP Microsoft Certified Partner "Brad" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:057a01c3d3e0$48730b60$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Is there away ...

posting setup #4
Posting Setup needs a Mark All / Unmark All above the ?, Screen, Printer, File check boxes to facilitate setting these checkboxes. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.ms...

Pivottable #4
I am trying to sort my data first and then refresh pivot tables using the following macro, Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) Range("Data1").Sort Key1:=Range("P18"), Order1:=xlAscending, Header:=xlYes, _ OrderCustom:=10, MatchCase:=False, Orientation:=xlTopToBottom, _ DataOption1:=xlSortNormal ActiveWorkbook.RefreshAll End Sub The problem is that the pivottables are not refreshing correctly. Is the reason due to the fact that the data being sorted has not completed when the pivot starts to refresh? I don't ...

NDR ?
I get one of the following messages whenever I try to send messages to certain recipients: The following recipient(s) could not be reached: 'betsy@xyz.com' on 4/12/04 9:39 AM The recipient name is not recognized The MTS-ID of the original message is: c=US;a=PRIMARY;p=ELLIST;l=HERAD-040412133844Z-433 ------------------------------------------------- The following recipient(s) could not be reached: 'adam@abc.com' on 3/25/2004 1:53 PM Unable to deliver the message due to a communications failure The MTS-ID of the original message is: c=US;a=PRIMARY;p=ELLIST;l=HERAD-040325185233...

Cannot open original message in NDR
Hello, When I receive a NDR I cannot open the original message in Outlook 2003. When I use Outlook Express I can open and view the original message. What do I have to do to see the original message in Outlook 2003? Kind regards: Emiel Kempen. what's NDR? nntp://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.outlook/<OcPrtbI0EHA.1392@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl> Hello, When I receive a NDR I cannot open the original message in Outlook 2003. When I use Outlook Express I can open and view the original message. What do I have to do to see the original message in Outlook 2003? ...

time formula #6
Hi all, (office 97) You guys helped me the other day with some formula where I wanted to convert say a figure of 93 into seconds. This was done & works fine, the formula was as follows; In cell A2 enter =INT(A1/60) + MOD(A1,60)/100 I now need help changing the format slightly. Say for example there was a figure of 3666, I need to make the formula diaplay as 01:01:06 ie 1 hour, 1 min & 6 secs Have set the cell format to the above. If you have any ideas it would be appreciated as I am out of my depth Thanks again in advance Hi when 3666 is in cell A2 Into another cell enter ...

Office 12.2.4 update crashes the system
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I returned from vacation to a computer that had worked fine and downloaded this update. For some reason the update wouldn't install. I quit the update and now my computer has all sorts of problems: disks won't eject, the computer won't sleep, logging out and restarting don't work, several applications, including System Preferences don't respond. I really, really, really don't want to erase the hard drive and begin again. Any suggestions, aside from slowly roasting the writer of this last ...

Unique user reports people are getting NDR's when sending him messages within my organization
Strange behavior. About 5 users report that sending messages to "Smith, John" (a valid user in my organization) returns an NDR. I attempted to send message to "Smith, John" and it works fine. I noticed that users who complain messages are failing are housed in the same Mailbox Store, Storage and Exchange server than John, Smith. I attempted to track message below using Messaging Tracking center but no results were returned. Please advise how can I troubleshoot this ? What this error could be ? From: System Administrator Sent: Monday, November 07, 2005 7:28 AM T...

NDR
Have a remote user who connects to LAN via VPN, using XP professional and Office XP small business. Email worked fine yesterday but now user cannot send mail, gets following error message: Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: RE: test Sent: 10/16/2003 11:44 AM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: recipients name on 10/16/2003 11:44 AM None of your e-mail accounts could send to this recipient. User can receive email without any problems. I cannot find this in the knowledge base so any help would be g...

404.4
What is the solution to that? IIS with vista home edition? http://support.microsoft.com/kb/942052/ "GW" wrote: > What is the solution to that? IIS with vista home edition? > . > ...

NDR's and Virus's
I recieved a e-mail from my T-1 provider stating "A host (my domain ip) within your IP block appears to be the source of an email containing the virus: Worm.Sober.U. The email address listed in the from field in messages sent by most viruses is generally spoofed. Please ensure that your mail server is not sending a virus notification or NDR (non delivery report) to this address as these methods can be used directly or indirectly to propagate email viruses." I have determined that it is indeed a NDR report being generated causing the issue. I also notice that when I do a ...

JavaScript Error on this Page if trying to print a list in CRM 4.0
Hi all, we have the problem that if we click on for example Contact and in the List view we click the print icon we get a javascript error on this page. Has someone a solution for that?! Thanks Daniel You need to provide more background to enable anyone to help... did you do any customizations? yes but not to the print view. The Problem occurs on Internet Explorer 6 and 7. The Problem occurs if you try to print a list view from contact or advanced find. It works if there is only one dataset, if there are more then one it gives the javascript error. "Andy" wrote: > You n...

Data Labels #4
I have two data labels that overlap on a chart. Is there a way to wrap text or change the data label box sizing so I can see both labels? Help please Cody Cody - Unfortunately you don't have a lot of control over the data labels. They look like text boxes, but the little black handles are merely decoration, and do not allow resizing. You can move a label: click on the label to select the series of labels, then click again to select the single label. Drag the label by its edges to a new position. You can edit the text of the label: click on the label to select the series of lab...

OOO and NDR Security Risk Solutions
Hi, I'd like to enable NDRs and external OOO messages, which have been disabled by the previous IT Manager, but I am aware of the potential security risks. Can someone please recommend security tools which help prevent some of these risks? Thanks, Matt I know that guns kill people. Can someone recommend a gun that doesn't kill people as much? -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" <mlaufer@srg.com> wrote in message news:1160520993.355412.165180@b28g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > > I'd like to enable N...

Error 451 4.1.8
Recently our domain hosting was changed and was never relayed to the IT Dept. The person who set up the Exchange server is not available. Now we have a problem with some emails in queue only to one address. Also some people cannot send emails to us, they are rejected. I tried to get the company who hosted our domain to tell me the MX records but no help from them. My new MX record is mail.greenford.com and 199.72.155.18. The error is <armphotos@phh.com> 451 4.1.8 Domain of sender address moliver@greenford.com does not resolve. Any help would be great, I am not an exchange guru....

Entourage #4
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Hi, recently I have starting having two different problems with entourage 2004. version 11.3.3 One is that when i try to send mail a window appears saying: " Mail could not be sent The server account returned the error 5.7.0 error authentication failure. Your user name or security password or settings may be incorrect". I haven't changed the setting. I have checked with my server and my settings and password are correct . I have also tried to rebuild the identity but the problem persist. If i send the mail manually accessing ...

hi #4
hi, i am not well expect in c.i want to read data from text file which contains floating points value.i have to store the data by using array of structure.i have to compare the previous value and check the condition. if te condition is true, it will be print in some new file.pls give some tips and codings.thanking you. Homework prolem? --- Ajay <mettildhamary@gmail.com> wrote in message news:252ca5e0-315e-45e2-b444-7a49609955a8@e10g2000prf.googlegroups.com... > hi, > > i am not well expect in c.i want to read data from text file which > contains floating points value.i h...

pfbackup.exe #4
Hello, I installed Office 2000 and Outlook 2003 on my computer. With my outlook2000 version, I used to use a small utily of microsoft that allow me to backup my pst files (pfbackup.exe). Now i'm trying it but it's not working. I realise that when a user had Outlook2000 with the pfbackup.exe installed and correctly working, when he makes an update to the 2003 version, it's still working. But when we erase everything and make a new installation of directly Outlook2003 and the fpbackup.exe, it don't work. Thanks for your help Jean-Luc <jlamou2@yahoo.fr> wrote: > I in...

4.0 Duplicate Detection Permissions
How are duplicates handled when a user does not have permissions to see records not owned by them? Hi, Duplicate rules takes only those records into consideration on which user have atleast read permission. This should be considered while designing/configuring the CRM system. If you are setting duplicate detection rule on entity, then all users who have have create/update permission on that entity should have Organization level read access on that entity. Otherwise duplicate records would be created in the system and user would not be notified about that. Please let me know if you req...

Conditional Formatting Question #6
I want the formattin of a series of cells to be dependent on the data i another cell. For instance, if A1 is a result of "something" then A1:A will all turn red. How do I get that done? -- livifivi ----------------------------------------------------------------------- livifivil's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3691 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=56628 On Sat, 29 Jul 2006 12:31:02 -0400, livifivil <livifivil.2bptsg_1154190996.9165@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote: > >I want the formattin of...

OWA on Exchange 5.5 #4
I have a different domain/different site/same org exchange server that I can't get an OWA problem resolved for. Other domains can launch owa, but this one can't - they get a page cannot be displayed. We have verified the firewall settings are the same for this domain as are the others, we have a two way trust. I'm not sure what I'm missing here. Any ideas? TIA Nancy Stevens nstevens@tycoint.com Stupid question, but how about simple connectivity/name resolution for that HTTP page? Can you netmon the traffic coming to the OWA box? Do you have any sort of URLScan produc...

E2k3 NDR's
Hi folks, This is a silly one I know, but is there a way of collecting alls messages for domain to one mailbox without sending an NDR where the name came not be found. IE user John@123.com will receive mail direct to John, but Daivd will receive all other mail to @123.com without entering all the different names. Want I want is a catch all. Thanks in advance Stephen Why dont you try the "forward all unresolved" recipients to host on the SMTP virtual server. If you use a windows 2000 SMTP service as the forwarding server, the messages can go into the DROP directory. "...

NDR #6
Hi I get the follwoing message Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: test Sent: 26/10/2004 08:27 The following recipient(s) could not be reached: Wright, Doug . on 26/10/2004 08:27 A configuration error in the e-mail system caused the message to bounce between two servers or to be forwarded between two recipients. Contact your administrator. <server.domain.com #5.4.6> I have the ADC in place I only get this message when sending to the this exchange 5.5 site from 2003 server the connector shows no e...

Where is the Resume Wizard or function for Word on a Mac OSX 10.4
I realize that this seems like a trite question but I really can't find it anywhere on Word in my new Mac. I can see all the other document types, excel, word blank document, etc., but not the resume builder. Any hints. Thanks Hi, The resume wizard has gone away (although I liked it a lot). It looks like the replacement is to go to the Microsoft web site and download a template: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/CT063470421033.aspx I tried downloading this template using Safari: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/TC063685361033.aspx When it came to the Mac it was...

send email (VC++6.0)
Hi I'm using VC 6.0 and the project needs to read/reply email . Is there code sample I can follow ? THANKS ! Bonjour, bangwo a �mis l'id�e suivante : > Hi > I'm using VC 6.0 and the project needs to read/reply email . > Is there code sample I can follow ? > THANKS ! http://www.codeproject.com/internet/#Email+%26+SMTP http://www.codeproject.com/info/search.asp?cats=2&searchkw=send+mail&Submit1=Search&author=&sd=11%2F15%2F1999&ed=7%2F11%2F2005 Hope this helps -- Alni Alni, It helps. Thanks! "Alni" wrote: > Bonjour, > >...