Named Property Quota Limit

The property names all seem to be generating from a product called
PreciseMail Anti-Spam Gateway, part of the PMDF PreciseMail product
which we use.  Does anyone know how to fix this error permanently
besides just expanding the quota limit and/or moving all of the
mailboxes in the store to a new store every time the quota limit is
reached.

Event Type:	Error
Event Source:	MSExchangeIS
Event Category:	General
Event ID:	9667
Date:		2/8/2007
Time:		5:23:15 PM
User:		N/A
Computer:	editservername
Description:
Failed to create a new named property for database "Fourth Storage
Group\Mailbox Store 4 (editedservername)" because the number of named
properties reached the quota limit (8192).
 User attempting to create the named property: "SYSTEM"
 Named property GUID: 00020386-0000-0000-c000-000000000046
 Named property name/id: "X-PMAS2-External"

For more information, click http://www.microsoft.com/contentredirect.asp.

0
2/8/2007 10:28:51 PM
exchange.admin 57650 articles. 2 followers. Follow

7 Replies
924 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 8

It creates a new named property with the same name and a different guid 
every time you receive spam?


"pitsnake" <michael_w_ward@yahoo.com> wrote in message 
news:1170973731.226028.108820@q2g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
> The property names all seem to be generating from a product called
> PreciseMail Anti-Spam Gateway, part of the PMDF PreciseMail product
> which we use.  Does anyone know how to fix this error permanently
> besides just expanding the quota limit and/or moving all of the
> mailboxes in the store to a new store every time the quota limit is
> reached.
>
> Event Type: Error
> Event Source: MSExchangeIS
> Event Category: General
> Event ID: 9667
> Date: 2/8/2007
> Time: 5:23:15 PM
> User: N/A
> Computer: editservername
> Description:
> Failed to create a new named property for database "Fourth Storage
> Group\Mailbox Store 4 (editedservername)" because the number of named
> properties reached the quota limit (8192).
> User attempting to create the named property: "SYSTEM"
> Named property GUID: 00020386-0000-0000-c000-000000000046
> Named property name/id: "X-PMAS2-External"
>
> For more information, click http://www.microsoft.com/contentredirect.asp.
> 


0
awebb7472 (650)
2/10/2007 2:18:24 AM
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;820379&amp;sd=ee

-- 
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Dgoldman
http://blogs.msdn.com/dgoldman


"andy webb" <awebb@swinc.com.spamsucks.com> wrote in message 
news:%23E0D$mLTHHA.3980@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
> It creates a new named property with the same name and a different guid 
> every time you receive spam?
>
>
> "pitsnake" <michael_w_ward@yahoo.com> wrote in message 
> news:1170973731.226028.108820@q2g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
>> The property names all seem to be generating from a product called
>> PreciseMail Anti-Spam Gateway, part of the PMDF PreciseMail product
>> which we use.  Does anyone know how to fix this error permanently
>> besides just expanding the quota limit and/or moving all of the
>> mailboxes in the store to a new store every time the quota limit is
>> reached.
>>
>> Event Type: Error
>> Event Source: MSExchangeIS
>> Event Category: General
>> Event ID: 9667
>> Date: 2/8/2007
>> Time: 5:23:15 PM
>> User: N/A
>> Computer: editservername
>> Description:
>> Failed to create a new named property for database "Fourth Storage
>> Group\Mailbox Store 4 (editedservername)" because the number of named
>> properties reached the quota limit (8192).
>> User attempting to create the named property: "SYSTEM"
>> Named property GUID: 00020386-0000-0000-c000-000000000046
>> Named property name/id: "X-PMAS2-External"
>>
>> For more information, click http://www.microsoft.com/contentredirect.asp.
>>
>
> 

0
Dgoldman9268 (137)
2/10/2007 4:26:25 AM
So, is the solution here the Named Props Quota or the NonMAPI Named Props 
Quota that was added in SP2?


"Dave Goldman [MSFT]" <Dgoldman@noreply.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:eQl$iuMTHHA.4076@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;820379&amp;sd=ee
>
> -- 
> This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no 
> rights.
>
> Dgoldman
> http://blogs.msdn.com/dgoldman
>
>
> "andy webb" <awebb@swinc.com.spamsucks.com> wrote in message 
> news:%23E0D$mLTHHA.3980@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
>> It creates a new named property with the same name and a different guid 
>> every time you receive spam?
>>
>>
>> "pitsnake" <michael_w_ward@yahoo.com> wrote in message 
>> news:1170973731.226028.108820@q2g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
>>> The property names all seem to be generating from a product called
>>> PreciseMail Anti-Spam Gateway, part of the PMDF PreciseMail product
>>> which we use.  Does anyone know how to fix this error permanently
>>> besides just expanding the quota limit and/or moving all of the
>>> mailboxes in the store to a new store every time the quota limit is
>>> reached.
>>>
>>> Event Type: Error
>>> Event Source: MSExchangeIS
>>> Event Category: General
>>> Event ID: 9667
>>> Date: 2/8/2007
>>> Time: 5:23:15 PM
>>> User: N/A
>>> Computer: editservername
>>> Description:
>>> Failed to create a new named property for database "Fourth Storage
>>> Group\Mailbox Store 4 (editedservername)" because the number of named
>>> properties reached the quota limit (8192).
>>> User attempting to create the named property: "SYSTEM"
>>> Named property GUID: 00020386-0000-0000-c000-000000000046
>>> Named property name/id: "X-PMAS2-External"
>>>
>>> For more information, click 
>>> http://www.microsoft.com/contentredirect.asp.
>>>
>>
>>
> 


0
awebb7472 (650)
2/10/2007 4:57:12 AM
Named Props Quota

-- 
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Dgoldman
http://blogs.msdn.com/dgoldman


"andy webb" <awebb@swinc.com.spamsucks.com> wrote in message 
news:%23Rg$t$MTHHA.4872@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
> So, is the solution here the Named Props Quota or the NonMAPI Named Props 
> Quota that was added in SP2?
>
>
> "Dave Goldman [MSFT]" <Dgoldman@noreply.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
> news:eQl$iuMTHHA.4076@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
>> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;820379&amp;sd=ee
>>
>> -- 
>> This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no 
>> rights.
>>
>> Dgoldman
>> http://blogs.msdn.com/dgoldman
>>
>>
>> "andy webb" <awebb@swinc.com.spamsucks.com> wrote in message 
>> news:%23E0D$mLTHHA.3980@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
>>> It creates a new named property with the same name and a different guid 
>>> every time you receive spam?
>>>
>>>
>>> "pitsnake" <michael_w_ward@yahoo.com> wrote in message 
>>> news:1170973731.226028.108820@q2g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
>>>> The property names all seem to be generating from a product called
>>>> PreciseMail Anti-Spam Gateway, part of the PMDF PreciseMail product
>>>> which we use.  Does anyone know how to fix this error permanently
>>>> besides just expanding the quota limit and/or moving all of the
>>>> mailboxes in the store to a new store every time the quota limit is
>>>> reached.
>>>>
>>>> Event Type: Error
>>>> Event Source: MSExchangeIS
>>>> Event Category: General
>>>> Event ID: 9667
>>>> Date: 2/8/2007
>>>> Time: 5:23:15 PM
>>>> User: N/A
>>>> Computer: editservername
>>>> Description:
>>>> Failed to create a new named property for database "Fourth Storage
>>>> Group\Mailbox Store 4 (editedservername)" because the number of named
>>>> properties reached the quota limit (8192).
>>>> User attempting to create the named property: "SYSTEM"
>>>> Named property GUID: 00020386-0000-0000-c000-000000000046
>>>> Named property name/id: "X-PMAS2-External"
>>>>
>>>> For more information, click 
>>>> http://www.microsoft.com/contentredirect.asp.
>>>>
>>>
>>>
>>
>
> 

0
Dgoldman9268 (137)
2/11/2007 1:20:38 PM
Thanks, Dave.

"Dave Goldman [MSFT]" <Dgoldman@noreply.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:u6Rgv9dTHHA.3980@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
> Named Props Quota
>
> -- 
> This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no 
> rights.
>
> Dgoldman
> http://blogs.msdn.com/dgoldman
>
>
> "andy webb" <awebb@swinc.com.spamsucks.com> wrote in message 
> news:%23Rg$t$MTHHA.4872@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
>> So, is the solution here the Named Props Quota or the NonMAPI Named Props 
>> Quota that was added in SP2?
>>
>>
>> "Dave Goldman [MSFT]" <Dgoldman@noreply.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
>> news:eQl$iuMTHHA.4076@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
>>> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;820379&amp;sd=ee
>>>
>>> -- 
>>> This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no 
>>> rights.
>>>
>>> Dgoldman
>>> http://blogs.msdn.com/dgoldman
>>>
>>>
>>> "andy webb" <awebb@swinc.com.spamsucks.com> wrote in message 
>>> news:%23E0D$mLTHHA.3980@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
>>>> It creates a new named property with the same name and a different guid 
>>>> every time you receive spam?
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> "pitsnake" <michael_w_ward@yahoo.com> wrote in message 
>>>> news:1170973731.226028.108820@q2g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
>>>>> The property names all seem to be generating from a product called
>>>>> PreciseMail Anti-Spam Gateway, part of the PMDF PreciseMail product
>>>>> which we use.  Does anyone know how to fix this error permanently
>>>>> besides just expanding the quota limit and/or moving all of the
>>>>> mailboxes in the store to a new store every time the quota limit is
>>>>> reached.
>>>>>
>>>>> Event Type: Error
>>>>> Event Source: MSExchangeIS
>>>>> Event Category: General
>>>>> Event ID: 9667
>>>>> Date: 2/8/2007
>>>>> Time: 5:23:15 PM
>>>>> User: N/A
>>>>> Computer: editservername
>>>>> Description:
>>>>> Failed to create a new named property for database "Fourth Storage
>>>>> Group\Mailbox Store 4 (editedservername)" because the number of named
>>>>> properties reached the quota limit (8192).
>>>>> User attempting to create the named property: "SYSTEM"
>>>>> Named property GUID: 00020386-0000-0000-c000-000000000046
>>>>> Named property name/id: "X-PMAS2-External"
>>>>>
>>>>> For more information, click 
>>>>> http://www.microsoft.com/contentredirect.asp.
>>>>>
>>>>
>>>>
>>>
>>
>>
> 


0
awebb7472 (650)
2/12/2007 3:41:16 PM
I am currently experiencing this also, I did the registry entry for "Named 
Props Quota"  and unmount the store, this did not work for me at all.

This is happening on an active-active cluster.



"andy webb" <awebb@swinc.com.spamsucks.com> wrote in message 
news:OgCw%23wrTHHA.920@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
> Thanks, Dave.
>
> "Dave Goldman [MSFT]" <Dgoldman@noreply.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
> news:u6Rgv9dTHHA.3980@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
>> Named Props Quota
>>
>> -- 
>> This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no 
>> rights.
>>
>> Dgoldman
>> http://blogs.msdn.com/dgoldman
>>
>>
>> "andy webb" <awebb@swinc.com.spamsucks.com> wrote in message 
>> news:%23Rg$t$MTHHA.4872@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
>>> So, is the solution here the Named Props Quota or the NonMAPI Named 
>>> Props Quota that was added in SP2?
>>>
>>>
>>> "Dave Goldman [MSFT]" <Dgoldman@noreply.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
>>> news:eQl$iuMTHHA.4076@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
>>>> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;820379&amp;sd=ee
>>>>
>>>> -- 
>>>> This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no 
>>>> rights.
>>>>
>>>> Dgoldman
>>>> http://blogs.msdn.com/dgoldman
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> "andy webb" <awebb@swinc.com.spamsucks.com> wrote in message 
>>>> news:%23E0D$mLTHHA.3980@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
>>>>> It creates a new named property with the same name and a different 
>>>>> guid every time you receive spam?
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> "pitsnake" <michael_w_ward@yahoo.com> wrote in message 
>>>>> news:1170973731.226028.108820@q2g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
>>>>>> The property names all seem to be generating from a product called
>>>>>> PreciseMail Anti-Spam Gateway, part of the PMDF PreciseMail product
>>>>>> which we use.  Does anyone know how to fix this error permanently
>>>>>> besides just expanding the quota limit and/or moving all of the
>>>>>> mailboxes in the store to a new store every time the quota limit is
>>>>>> reached.
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Event Type: Error
>>>>>> Event Source: MSExchangeIS
>>>>>> Event Category: General
>>>>>> Event ID: 9667
>>>>>> Date: 2/8/2007
>>>>>> Time: 5:23:15 PM
>>>>>> User: N/A
>>>>>> Computer: editservername
>>>>>> Description:
>>>>>> Failed to create a new named property for database "Fourth Storage
>>>>>> Group\Mailbox Store 4 (editedservername)" because the number of named
>>>>>> properties reached the quota limit (8192).
>>>>>> User attempting to create the named property: "SYSTEM"
>>>>>> Named property GUID: 00020386-0000-0000-c000-000000000046
>>>>>> Named property name/id: "X-PMAS2-External"
>>>>>>
>>>>>> For more information, click 
>>>>>> http://www.microsoft.com/contentredirect.asp.
>>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>
>>>
>>>
>>
>
> 


0
sabo_e (163)
2/22/2007 1:33:04 AM
Why would the solution be to add a quota for the named props quota when the 
quota was hit on the 8192 non mapi name props quota?  Is there a way to find 
out what or where the name props are spawned?



"Dave Goldman [MSFT]" wrote:

> Named Props Quota
> 
> -- 
> This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
> 
> Dgoldman
> http://blogs.msdn.com/dgoldman
> 
> 
> "andy webb" <awebb@swinc.com.spamsucks.com> wrote in message 
> news:%23Rg$t$MTHHA.4872@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
> > So, is the solution here the Named Props Quota or the NonMAPI Named Props 
> > Quota that was added in SP2?
> >
> >
> > "Dave Goldman [MSFT]" <Dgoldman@noreply.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
> > news:eQl$iuMTHHA.4076@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
> >> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;820379&sd=ee
> >>
> >> -- 
> >> This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no 
> >> rights.
> >>
> >> Dgoldman
> >> http://blogs.msdn.com/dgoldman
> >>
> >>
> >> "andy webb" <awebb@swinc.com.spamsucks.com> wrote in message 
> >> news:%23E0D$mLTHHA.3980@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
> >>> It creates a new named property with the same name and a different guid 
> >>> every time you receive spam?
> >>>
> >>>
> >>> "pitsnake" <michael_w_ward@yahoo.com> wrote in message 
> >>> news:1170973731.226028.108820@q2g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
> >>>> The property names all seem to be generating from a product called
> >>>> PreciseMail Anti-Spam Gateway, part of the PMDF PreciseMail product
> >>>> which we use.  Does anyone know how to fix this error permanently
> >>>> besides just expanding the quota limit and/or moving all of the
> >>>> mailboxes in the store to a new store every time the quota limit is
> >>>> reached.
> >>>>
> >>>> Event Type: Error
> >>>> Event Source: MSExchangeIS
> >>>> Event Category: General
> >>>> Event ID: 9667
> >>>> Date: 2/8/2007
> >>>> Time: 5:23:15 PM
> >>>> User: N/A
> >>>> Computer: editservername
> >>>> Description:
> >>>> Failed to create a new named property for database "Fourth Storage
> >>>> Group\Mailbox Store 4 (editedservername)" because the number of named
> >>>> properties reached the quota limit (8192).
> >>>> User attempting to create the named property: "SYSTEM"
> >>>> Named property GUID: 00020386-0000-0000-c000-000000000046
> >>>> Named property name/id: "X-PMAS2-External"
> >>>>
> >>>> For more information, click 
> >>>> http://www.microsoft.com/contentredirect.asp.
> >>>>
> >>>
> >>>
> >>
> >
> > 
> 
> 
0
ultremann (3)
3/1/2007 8:06:31 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Chart Names
Hi everyone, I'm sorry if this is an easy one but I just can't figure it out. I have a worksheet with 3 charts on it. I need to write some VBA to select each chart in turn and change its axis settings. So I figured the first thing to do is to name the charts so that I can select them properly in the VBA. But how do I name a chart??? If I select the chart I get "Chart Area" in the name box and I can't edit it. Many thanks for any help, Tony M As answered in .programming -- Hold the Ctrl key and click on the chart to select it. Click in the Name Box, type a new ...

Naming a range
I have a such macro : Private Sub Macro1(arkusz As Worksheet) arkusz.Range(arkusz.PageSetup.PrintArea).Copy Sheets("Sheet1").Select Range("A" & Trim(Str(zLastRow))).Select Arkusz50.Paste Application.CutCopyMode = False ActiveWorkbook.Names.Add Name:="A1", RefersToR1C1:=Selection zLastRow = zLastRow + arkusz.Range(arkusz.PageSetup.PrintArea).Rows.Count Range("A" & Trim(Str(zLastRow))).Select ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets.HPageBreaks.Add Before:=ActiveCell End Sub However the above macro doesnt work (this part: ActiveWorkbook.Names.Add Name:=&quo...

Name Assignment
I need to assign a staff memeber to a group of clients Staff Names Clients Milk Shoe A-F Form Code G-L John DOe M-P The table that contains the client information CREATE TABLE [dbo].[FD__CLIENTS]( [OP__DOCID] [int] NOT NULL, [Fullname] [varchar](68) NULL, [NameF] [varchar](20) NULL, [NameL] [varchar](20) NULL, [NameMI] [varchar](20) NULL CONSTRAINT [PK_FD__CLIENTS] PRIMARY KEY CLUSTERED There is a staff table but there is nothing that ties it to the clients table. So the staf names will have to be hardcoded. Any ideas? On...

How do I remove the sheet name from a named formula?
I would like to use the same name to refer to the same set of cells on different worksheets: SheetTitle=$A$1 but when I try this it reverts to SheetTitle=Sheet1!$A$1 Any ideas how to do it? I could use =IF(,,,) if I knew how to look up the currently active sheet; =IF(SheetName="Sheet1",TRUE,FALSE) Any ideas how to reference the name of the sheet? Well, you could do something like this: SheetTitle=!$A$1 The exclamation point means that the Name will refer to A1 on the active worksheet. Excel uses the SheetName to tell things apart. If I try to give to different A1'...

Auto populate Email when Name is chosen
I have a list of names which i present in a combo box on the userform. I have an email textbox. I want the email to be auto-populated based on the name chosed. May I ask your help with this? Hi Jerry, Only the first procedure is really relevant in this post the others are to show how you may want to call it but, that entirely depends on your needs. Private sub BuildAndSend has 4 required parameters “ToWhom”, “Subject”,”Body”, and “Send”. Pass the appropriate values to the procedure and it will send or display an email to the user to send. HTH. Private Sub BuildAndSend( _ ...

Custom entity with same display name as out of the box?
I tried to create a new entity "new_InvoiceDDI" with a display name of "Invoice" and it won't allow the display name to be the same as a "out of the box" entity. Why is this? Anyone know a way around it? CRM 4.0 Mark Hi Mark, There's no way around it except renaming the existing invoice entity to something else. One obvious reason is the Outlook Client. It uses the display names to show folders, but folders needs to have a unique name. The web client uses the display names as well, so how can a user differentiate between two entities having the...

Populate combobox with folder names
I had found this code to show folder names that displays in a msgbox, is it possible to get the list of folder names into a combobox? --------------------------------------- Sub ListFolders() Dim fs, f, f1, fc, s Dim folderspec folderspec = "C:\Excel\" Set fs = CreateObject("Scripting.FileSystemObject") Set f = fs.GetFolder(folderspec) Set fc = f.SubFolders For Each f1 In fc s = s & f1.Name s = s & vbCrLf Next MsgBox s End Sub ---------------------------------------- This is for exc...

Instance name must be the same name as the computer name ...
I've seen many posts about this installation issue and ran across it myself during an install on an existing SBS server. When running Select @@servername I received a null answer. I looked in the sysservers table in the master database and found that there was no '0' server listed as I've seen on all other installs of SQL. I took a chance and changed the value to 0, restarted SQL and ran the @@servername and it now came back as the name of the server as expected and I was able to install CRM with no problems. Long term I don't know if this will cause issues with ...

Change the name of an employee class
Is there a way in the SQL table to change the name of employee classes? Patti, Where did you want to change them (cards, trx, history, etc). There are several tables involved. Would it be possible to make new classes starting with the class you want to duplicate as a default. Please let us know what you are trying to accomplish by changing classes. Kind regards, Leslie "Patti Anderson" wrote: > Is there a way in the SQL table to change the name of employee classes? Our naming convention has changed, and requires changing the names of all employee classes...

Named Reference
Hi, Can someone tell me what the pros and cons are (if any) of these 2 ways of naming a range. ActiveWorkbook.Names.Add NAME:="HOME", RefersTo:=ActiveCell Range("HOME").Select or Dim HOME As Range Set HOME = ActiveCell HOME.Select Thanks, DaveU It seems to me that the first method creates a named range that is essentially meaningless to the user and is only used for VBA processing. Additionally, if you don't write code to delete the named range it will just sit there in the workbook waiting for somebody to ask what it means. The second alternative is a clea...

"Name Conflict" when Excel 2007 open an old worksheet
Hi all, An "Name Conflict" error message pop-up "Name cannot be the same as a built-in name". That worksheet was created by Excel 2000 and also could open on Excel 2003 without any error message. Change the worksheet file name could not solve the problem after tested. Why? Thank you, Chik "Chik" <c...@netvigator.com> wrote... >An "Name Conflict" error message pop-up "Name cannot be the same as >a built-in name". That worksheet was created by Excel 2000 and also >could open on Excel 2003 without any error message. Change th...

Find a time value in one column based on names in another
Hi - I have a list of names. (40 Different names that may occur 30 - 40 times a piece in column B). In Column C I have a list of times that each person made an entry. Is there a formula that will give me the earliest time that appears in column C for each person on the list in column B? I already have a list of all of the unique names that will appear in column B that I can use as a reference. Example: col A col B col C smith 6:00am jones 5:03pm smith 7:05am jones 4:02pm adams 2:05pm adams 2:33p...

convert from last name, first name TO first name, last name
How can I convert my contacts (as a group menaing all of them at once0 from the last name, first name to first name last name, without having to enter EACH cotnact and perform it almost 400 times? Also, in what format would you suggest trying to print my contacts showing fields name mobile, home, work phone and email address? I assume there is a way to make used defined fields? You'll need to create a post with enough information that others could understand it. How are we to know which field or view you are trying to "convert?" Be specific. I would suggest pri...

Separating a name into first name and last name columns
I have a series of full names in single cells that are formatted the following way: <Last Name>,<Space><First Name> - thus it looks like the following: ADAMS, ROSEMARY I would like to separate this into two columns and eliminate the comma. I appreciate any help. I am working in Microsoft Excel 2000 and need answers in Excel, not in Visual Basic. Thank you, THEFALLGUY David(s) - thank you for the help. Problem solved. The Davids stick together!!!! Thanks, David "THEFALLGUY" wrote: > I have a series of full names in single cells that are formatted the ...

Edit Licensed to Name
I need to edit my last name in the Office 2004 registration (Splash screen). How can I do this? Thanks In article <news-AC4BCA.12232514102004@msnews.microsoft.com>, news@biggerhammer.org wrote: > I need to edit my last name in the Office 2004 registration (Splash > screen). How can I do this? > > Thanks Take a look at http://www.mcgimpsey.com/macoffice/office/pid.html ...

Name Tags
I'm working on putting together some name tags using Publisher but when I get to the name tags and what one's to use, it will only let me print the same name tag on one sheet. How can I put more then one name on a sheet of name tags? Thanks Use mail merge. Create a database with the names, you can do this in Publisher. Click Mail Merge on the toolbar (Publisher 2000), create Publisher Address List. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/clipart/ http://mvps.org/msauer/ "Gideon" <gideonkaine@hotmail.com> wrote in message news...

to create nametags, I want 8 names per sheet, not 1 name 8 times
After using an excell database as the source and mail merging, I am getting a sheet of 8 nametags with the smae person's name instead of 8 different names per sheet. How do I fix this? Are you looking at print preview? There is a bug in Publisher that when you view print preview the same information is on all labels. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "fred" <fred@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:22F2F053-3985-4D41-8F0B-E1E20119DF92@microsoft.com... > After using an excell datab...

How do I view Pivot Table source data file and field names?
I'd like information on how you can view the name/reference for the source data of a Pivot Table. For Example, in MS Access and Cognos Impromptu you can go to SQL view and see where data in a Query is coming from. It's easy to find the source of formulas in Excel, using the Audit Toolbar. I'd like a way to quickly view the file name (whether an Excel file or external source) and field names that were used to create the Pivot Table. chocolate2346 Wrote: > I'd like information on how you can view the name/reference for the > source > data of a Pivot Table. Fo...

Limit on contacts
I'm synchronizing my Pocket PC with Contacts in Outlook 2000. I have a lot of contacts (almost 25,000), but when I synchronize, it stops me after about 16,000 and won't synchronize the rest. How do I get the Contacts folder to accept more contacts? =?Utf-8?B?TmVlZCB0byBleHBhbmQgIyBvZiBPdXRsb29rIGNvbnRhY3Rz?= <Need to expand # of Outlook contacts@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:23CC1A90-24CF-4581-AC87-F31AA9F7E198@microsoft.com: > I'm synchronizing my Pocket PC with Contacts in Outlook 2000. I have > a lot of contacts (almost 25,000), but when I synchro...

Sandbox problem with Dirty property in a control
Hi, I have applications which have been working well for many years using Access 2000. When moving to Access 2003, a problem occurred which I have isolated down to an unsafe expression in sandbox mode. I have a field which flags whether a subform has changed to a dirty state. Basically it is a function which used as the Control Source on a control on the main form. A parameter to that function is the reference to the "dirty" property of a subform. When the subform goes dirty it causes the main form to go dirty and that triggers code to set navigation buttons, save, cancel etc. I a...

how to list files in a directory with a certain name
How can I list files in a directory starting by something and put the names in an wchart_t array. For instance I have in my directory the following files : R0SampFingerPic.raw R1SampFingerPic.raw R2SampFingerPic.raw R3SampFingerPic.raw R4SampFingerPic.raw L0SampFingerPic.raw L1SampFingerPic.raw L2SampFingerPic.raw L3SampFingerPic.raw L4SampFingerPic.raw blabla.txt bldlsdls.dat and i want to write a function that list only the files with a SampFingerPic string. FindFiles(L"*SampFingerPic.raw"); While I am at it, is it possible to use regexp for this function ? Take a look ...

Rogue Password on Properties and References
I just merged some password protected code (modules, class modules and forms)into another file with code that was not password protected. The original passworded code stopped users from viewing modules and userforms. It stopped the user from being able to expand the module/form trees in the project window. It never prevented me from viewing Tools/References I started having problems with the new merged file. Its prompting me for passwords when I go to Tool/References or when I try to look at the Properties of modules. When I try my old passwords, they do not work. So I deleted th...

Wrong name in Outlook
Hi group Win 2003, Exc. 2003 sp2 and Outlook 2003. During creation of a new user, there where a spelling error in the users name. The username, display name is changed in AD Users & Computers. But in Outlook, the name is stille shown wrong. How do I change this? I know I can export e-mails to .pst file, delete the mailbox create a new and exchange take's the display name from AD, check that property "Lars" <news@microsoft.com> wrote in message news:eY9ZFUyNHHA.3944@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Hi group > > Win 2003, Exc. 2003 sp2 and Outlook 2003. > ...

how do I reveerse name order last name, first name to first name, last name
I have a long database, 27k with names that I want to mail to. The list is last name, first name. I want to do a global change to first name, last name. I also want to add "Mr" to it. For example: the list now is Smith, John. I want to change it to Mr. John Smith for the entire list. Assuming there is only one comma in each: ="Mr. "&TRIM(MID(A1,FIND(",",A1)+1,LEN(A1)-FIND(",",A1)))&" "&LEFT(A1,FIND(",",A1)-1) Note that some of the women might be offended.... 27k names, all male? Scott Don Smith wrote: > I hav...

Display name
how do you stop outlook from displaying your name when sending an email??? Hi, go to "Tools, Accounts" then "Properties, General" tab Delete "Name" from "User information" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ee6101c3bd4a$b27be740$a601280a@phx.gbl... > how do you stop outlook from displaying your name when > sending an email??? >-----Original Message----- >Hi, go to >"Tools, Accounts" then "Properties, General" tab >Delete "Name" from "User information" > >...