my server is down help!!!!

i keep getting error generic host processes for win32 encountered a problem..
  it's' error #1030 but i can't find a fix for exchange help please
0
tmolaee (26)

This is not a lot of info to go on.  Please post the relevant Event ID's.
In addition, check your Antivirus logs, have you run any Windows Updates
lately and what version of Exchange are you talking about with SP Level?

--
John Oliver, Jr
MCSE, MCT, CCNA

"tmolaee" <tmolaee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>i keep getting error generic host processes for win32 encountered a
>problem..
>  it's' error #1030 but i can't find a fix for exchange help please

0
jcoliverjr (1013)
9/5/2006 3:09:29 PM
need a lot more information...the server is down?  will not boot?  if it's
an OS problem, you should post in an OS NewsGroup or contact Microsoft...if
it's an Exchange issue, there should be all kinds of information in the
application logs...

--
Susan Conkey [MVP]

"tmolaee" <tmolaee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> i keep getting error generic host processes for win32 encountered a
problem..
>   it's' error #1030 but i can't find a fix for exchange help please

0
sconkey (3059)
9/5/2006 3:10:15 PM
http://eventid.net/display.asp?eventid=1030
--
Ed Crowley
MVP - Exchange

"tmolaee" <tmolaee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>i keep getting error generic host processes for win32 encountered a
>problem..
>  it's' error #1030 but i can't find a fix for exchange help please

0
curspice6401 (3487)

NO DEFAULT SMTP SERVER..
Hello, I had a problem with exadmin.dll, unregistered it, copied new one and registered it and now the default smtp server is gone under SMTP in my systems manager but everything still works.... HELP where is it ? and how can i get it back ? tnnx. Philippe ...

Upgrading from server 2000 to server 2008R2?
We would like to upgrade our servers to Windows server 2008 R2. Currently we have two Windows 2000 (SP 4) domain controllers, we want to replace the Forest Root Domain box with new hardware & upgrade the other DC to server 2008 R2. I understand it's not possible to upgrade from 2000 straight to 2008 but is server 2003 still available to ugrade to in between? I'm also not sure of what the implications of retiring the Forest Root Domain box would be? Would the best plan be to add the new 2008 server (domain function & forest function level: 2000); upgrade the se...

Need help solving a threading issue
Hi folks, I have an MFC application that has some GUI functionality. It's main thead creates a worker thread (using AfxBeginThread), and this worker thread needs to create an instance of a class (which we'll call 'network' for now) which does some TCP/IP networking stuff; functionality achieved by inheriting from another class. Also, The 'network' class and the main thead talk to each other via PostMessage. Now my problem is that I can't figure out how to instantiate the network class to get everything to work. Here's my attempts and resultant failures: AT...

HELP: Business Contact Menu
I have noticed that the 'business contact' menu does not display. I have already, (a) reinstalled, (b) repair and detect, (c) looked in the disabled items area, and (d) verified that outlook.exe is not running after quitting the app. --- anyone have some advice or suggestions? thanks, ot BCM will disable itself if the profile contains an Exchange account. This behavior is by design, but can be circumvented (but not in a supported fashion). See http://www.slipstick.com/bcm/bcmfaq_more.aspx?id=52 If you don't see the Business Tools menu, BCM probably failed to load when O...

MS Project Server Admin // Denver, CO
MS Project Server Admin Location: Denver, CO Duration: 6 months Pay Rate: DOE =95 MSProject Server ver 2010, SQL database and Sharepoint 2010 =95 Ongoing support and maintenance involving activities such as =96 Monitoring logs, Patches, resolving support tickets, Dev/Test/Prod support =95 Routine troubleshooting =95 Technical APS maintenance (Project Server & SharePoint 2010) =95 User administration / Password resets etc. =95 Work with Microsoft for any critical issues that might need intervention from Microsoft =95 Application of Patches & migration to Production =95 SQL services mo...

Can Recovery Storage Groups be used if original server gone?
We had an Exchange server die on us a few months back due to hardware issues. All accounts were moved to another box and that one was flattened and taken out of the Exchange org. It was replaced by new hardware that does NOT have the storage groups or databases that the old one did. We have a request to recover data from an info store back up prior to the events above and are running into problems with our backup vendor. Would it be possible to use a Recovery Storage Group to retrieve this data? The mailbox still exists (but may have been moved via Exmerge) so I believe I will pas...

HELP with VC++ DIALOG
I am trying to write a simple dialog form and use the appwizard that comes with MS V C++ 6.0. Under "Resource View" tab I have layed out my form as I would like it to look. I want to be able on the click of a radio button to enable or disable the Edit region I have created. I do not understand how to expose that object so that other classes can have access to it. So i have two classes called CDSXGUIApp AND CDSXGUIDlg. When I go to create a function for the action of lick on the radio button it puts the function in CDSXGUIApp. If I define a Edit Region called IDC_EDIT_FNAME ...

The Access 2007 Help System
The quality of the help responses seem to reflect less 'involved' authorship. In fact, in Access 2007, the help system seems more of an obfuscation engine than a help system on many occasions. Access 97 help was about as good as it gets. Access 2000 help was a step backwards for Microsoft - and it has gotten progressively worse. Somebody in top corporate management should have the guts to declare that the consolidation of help systems authorship 'experiment' needs to be terminated. It isn't working, it won't ever work. You need disciples, product advocates, enth...

Removed server, exchange still looking for it?
Exchange 5.5, I removed a server from the site using exchange admin, and now am getting event 9318, saying MTA can't contact it. Why is it doing that? I had the same problem after a 5.5 to 2000 migration. Rebooting the Exchange server that was trying to connect resolved the problem. MTA must keep the information cached. Tim "dlw" <dlw@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C431500C-F78D-47E5-AAC5-B8C611592E97@microsoft.com... > Exchange 5.5, I removed a server from the site using exchange admin, and > now > am getting event 9318, saying MTA can...

Small Business Server in Windows Server 2000 Environment
I have a requirement to install Microsoft CRM for about 10 CRM Users. The existing Windows 2000 has about 120 users with two Exchange Servers. Is it possible to set up a separate Small Business Server to run CRM within the Windows 2000 domain as this is the most cost effective way of implementing CRM for such a low User count? ...

Help with Report Grouping
If I have 2 sections in a report like this: Reviewer Header Vendor Header Detail Vendor Footer Reviewer Footer with a txtbox in each section. I want the txtbox in the Vendor Footer to calculate the total for each Vendor and I want the txtbox in the Reviewer Footer to sum up all the values in the Vendor Footer and put it in the txtbox of the Reviewer Footer. Is this possible? If so, how would I do this? Thank you. Ayo wrote: >If I have 2 sections in a report like this: > >Reviewer Header >Vendor Header >Detail >Vendor Footer >Reviewer Footer > > with a txtbox...

windows 2008 server cord and windows 2008 std
we have 20+ New server to install windows 2008 for trading purpose. still can not decide to install server core or std full, can someone advise what is the benefit to install core rather than std edition or to install std edition ? DD, There is: Server Standard Server Standard Core Server Enterprise Server Enterprise Core Core is (not quite correctly called) 'Server without Graphical User Interface (GUI)'. There are several reasons why Core was introduced: - *Nix purists were saying that there's no real need/use for GUI on a server and *real* sysadmins ar...

Outlook won't leave messages on the server
I have tried and tried to keep Outlook 2003 from deleting my email off my server. I have found the check box under advanced send\receive setting in "options" and I have tried variations of the 3 check boxes in this window and they work until I close Outlook and reopen it, then all of my settings return to the default of deleting my email off the server. Wasn't MS suppose to stop doing things like this? Any help in steering me to the answer (which i am sure is here) to this question is appreciated. Regards Paul A. Walters Hi, Goto Tools --> Email Accounts --> V...

flag for follow up Help
Using Microsoft Outlook 2000 SP-3. My Flag for Follow Up quit working, in my in box, but I can flag in other folders. Anyone else ever have this problem? Please advise. Thank you, Chris Jametski ...

Project Server Provisioned
Hello, I have provisioned Project Server and added it to the trusted zone, but it still comes up unresolved. Hello, You mean PWA home page is not loading or issue with connecting from MS Project Professional? Also mention the version of Project Server. Thanks Chak pVector Technologies http://www.pvectortech.com http://www.epmcentral.com On Apr 16, 11:04=A0am, me <mtyso...@yahoo.com> wrote: > Hello, I have provisioned Project Server and added it to the trusted > zone, but it still comes up unresolved. On Apr 16, 12:20=A0pm, Chak <chak...@hotmail.com>...

OT: SVN server
Hi, Sorry for the OT, I am not 100% sure where to ask. I want to setup a subversion repo on a personal website. Would anyone know the best forum/NG to ask such a question? (Or where I could find a tutorial for installing such a repo). Thanks Simon Simon wrote: > Hi, > > Sorry for the OT, I am not 100% sure where to ask. > > I want to setup a subversion repo on a personal website. > Would anyone know the best forum/NG to ask such a question? > (Or where I could find a tutorial for installing such a repo). > > Thanks > > Simon ...

Q, PLEASE help me!!!
I created an autoshape using the connector tool in Publisher 2002. I snapped it to a fully connected single object, now I want to put a fill color into it, but the fill tool is gray (not available). PLEASE help me to create, and fill an object! E-mail me at GallysfoodsInc@sbcglobal.net ~ John Gallenstein please please please somebody respond to this e-mail, NEED help! Are you sure you have the shape selected and not the connector? I cannot replicate this... -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.mvps.org/msauer/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "John Gallens...

Fonts! Going crazy please help
I produce an ad in pub '03. I usually just copy and paste the info that I need because the layout remains the same. However, this time... when I send my publisher document to Adobe, apparently it has changed somehow and the company I am sending it to says that they cannot use it because of some problem with the "font embedding". I am not very familiar with publisher and this is driving me crazy!! Any help? ...

Windows Server 2008 RC2 in Windows Server 2003 Domain
I'm having trouble with one domain controller that has all of the FSMO roles (I have 6 Domain controllers in total running server 2003) I updated my schema to version 47 (Windows server 2008 RC2) and would like to add a new physical server with W2K8 R2 on it and transfer all of the FSMO roles on it. I don't want to upgrade all DC's yet to 2008 R2 yet, so the domain functional level will stay the same for a while (Windows Server 2003). Is there anything I should watch out for with this scenario? Or by just adding a W2k8 R2 box with all the FSMO roles and then decomm...

Exchange Router setup/Setting More than one Exchange Server up in one organisation with two active directories?
Forgive the version difference, but on Exchange 2003 is there a way to install a secondary Exchange Server on a different domain and somehow have it routed to from the other domain or act as a connector to be able to see those emails without removing them? I don't know enough about routing on Exchange to figure if its capable. Or perhaps I need to utilise a different registered email domain and I should use this for testing instead of trying to somehow route emails from one to the other? eg instead of companyname.com I could use companynamecrm.com or something. Would I still want to setu...

pop3 server response
When opening outlook recently it has been saying my pop3 server hasn't respoded in 60 seconds and asks if I would like to wait longer for the server to respond. but sometimes it goes right through. is there any reason why this might be happening. i can only get e-mail about 60% of the time. any help would be greatly appreciated. J.H. Try removing and reinstalling your mail account settings. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to my actual account will be deleted w/out reading. After...

E-Mail Messages Reappear When Server is rebooted
Hello All, I had reason to reboot a windows2003 SBS a few months ago. When it rebooted clients reported old emails had reappeared in their inbox. I was then on a windows2000 SBS site yesterday and when I rebooted the server old emails reappeared. The Windows2003 server rebooted today and again old email reappear. I cannot find any info on web re: this problem. Any help would be appreciated. Sam wrote: > Hello All, > > I had reason to reboot a windows2003 SBS a few months ago. When it > rebooted clients reported old emails had reappeared in their inbox. I > was then on...

Manually run message rules on the server
Hi, Is there a way to run message rules (created by the end-user on Outlook) on the server, say on a daily basis ? The reason is that that person has ~50 rules, moving all incoming messages from his inbox to specific folders. Since he now owns a BES-enabled BlackBerry, these rules prevent him from getting his emails onto his handheld. The idea would be to run all the rules once a day, on his behalf, on the server. Exchange 2007 SP1 Thanks Christian Some rules, like moving messages to another folder in the same mailbox, will run server-side by default, depending on how they're create...

web server and exchange server on 2 different servers.
Is there a way to redirect traffic through my web server to my mail server to use OWA with out setting up a front end/back end? If I do have to set up a front end do I have to purchase a separate license? What version of Exchange? If E2k/2003, you have to use FE/BE....and for E2k, the FE server has to be Enterprise. Gonzosez wrote: > Is there a way to redirect traffic through my web server to my mail > server to use OWA with out setting up a front end/back end? > > If I do have to set up a front end do I have to purchase a separate > license? You can install OWA on the w...

Lookup Help... Again.
You guys were so great last time here is another one for you... I have two 'scorecards' with an id number, name, and score. Both are sorted by score in descending order. I would like to generate cumulative scorecard with both scores and a summary score but when I try and look up the score up based upon the ID I am getting incorrect results. There is a match for every name so it isn't a a null error. The formula I'm using is as follows... =IF(ISNA(LOOKUP($E43,'Phase I Scorecard'!$E$13:$E43,'Phase I Scorecard'!$H$13:$H43)),"",LOOKUP($E43,...