Multiplying My Calendars

I have 10 "resource" users set up, and I have AutoAcceptAgent configured for
all of them. Now I need to connect to each user using Outlook and share the
calendar, so other users can see what is scheduled, not just that something
is scheduled. To do that I have created a second profile in Outlook called
Resources, and I have been connecting to a Resource, setting up the calendar,
then changing the User in that Profile and doing it again.
And here is where the weirdness starts. With each change in User, I get
another item under My Calendars, just called Calendar, and when I select one
I get an error. It is almost like each new iteration remembers the old
calendars, as well as the new, but cannot connect to the old. On the last
Resource I worked on, I had 8 check boxes under My Calendars, but only the
first works for the current user calendar.
Has anyone seen this? Is it a problem? If need be, I could export all the
calendar data to PST, create new Resource Users, then create seperate
Profiles for each. That, However, sounds like a pain if it is not necessary.
Any help is greatly appreciated.

Gordon

On Sat, 14 Jan 2006 12:12:02 -0800, Gordon Price
<GordonPrice@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I have 10 "resource" users set up, and I have AutoAcceptAgent configured for
>all of them. Now I need to connect to each user using Outlook and share the
>calendar, so other users can see what is scheduled, not just that something
>is scheduled. To do that I have created a second profile in Outlook called
>Resources, and I have been connecting to a Resource, setting up the calendar,
>then changing the User in that Profile and doing it again.
>And here is where the weirdness starts. With each change in User, I get
>another item under My Calendars, just called Calendar, and when I select one
>I get an error. It is almost like each new iteration remembers the old
>calendars, as well as the new, but cannot connect to the old. On the last
>Resource I worked on, I had 8 check boxes under My Calendars, but only the
>first works for the current user calendar.
>Has anyone seen this? Is it a problem? If need be, I could export all the
>calendar data to PST, create new Resource Users, then create seperate
>Profiles for each. That, However, sounds like a pain if it is not necessary.
>Any help is greatly appreciated.
>
>Gordon

That's your client getting somewhat screwy. Have you asked about this
in an Outlook group? I would imagine the advice would have been to do
it differently but you're where you are.
Have you tried completely removing all your mapi profiles and then
starting from scratch?
Also, if you had the right permissions, you could simply have added
the mailboxes to your own, running, mapi profile and then done the
permissions from there, removing the resource mailboxes as you went.

0
mark7219 (5666)
1/14/2006 8:54:57 PM

"Mark Arnold [MVP]" wrote:

> That's your client getting somewhat screwy. Have you asked about this
> in an Outlook group? I would imagine the advice would have been to do
> it differently but you're where you are.
> Have you tried completely removing all your mapi profiles and then
> starting from scratch?
> Also, if you had the right permissions, you could simply have added
> the mailboxes to your own, running, mapi profile and then done the
> permissions from there, removing the resource mailboxes as you went.

Not a specific Outlook group, as I figured this was more of on Exchange
issue. I did post to Exchange Clients, which probably means Outlook for most
people.
Anyway, you are right, I didn't even have to clear all the profiles, I just
created on fresh for that last Resource and no extranious calendars.
As for adding the mailbox to my own, I am not clear on how to do that. If I
try to add an Exchange mailbox to my own Profile, I get an error that I can
only have one Exchange mailbox. That is what lead me down this road
initially, as I had posted to the group looking for a way to modify the
calendars in mass, but got no answers.

Thanks,
Gordon

Multiplying...
Help! I have some data that I am importing into Excel. I have a range of cells that is 11 rows x 2 columns. What I need to do is simple. I need to multiply each cell in this range by 60 without going in to each one and typing =PRODUCT(60*........). Anybody got any suggestions? ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Put 60 in an empty cell, copy it, select the 11 x 2 range and do edit>paste special and select multiply -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom &quo...

Windows Live Calendar
Please add a way to associate an ICS file with the calendar accessible from the Windows Live Mail menu! It makes no sense to have to go to the Live Calendar online, share calendar, import ICS file, turn off sharing and then go back to the WLM calendar! Dave Right pew, wrong church! You'll find support for Windows Live Mail (WLMail) in this public newsgroup: microsoft.public.windows.live.mail.desktop Via the web-interface: http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/list/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.windows.live.mail.desktop Via your newsreader: news://msn...

Calendar Meeting / appointment not updating
Apologies if this is duplicated, I tried posting a new question and it crashed on submission so not sure if it will appear twice or not...apologies if it does. Hi all I have a strange problem with the Outlook calendar that I am hoping that someone can give me some help with. I have several users that are assistants to departmental heads, if they edit/delete meetings/appointments from their bosses calendar then the changes are not reflected when their boss looks at their calendar within Outlook. I havent checked as of the time of posting this message whether its the same vi...

Strange problem with dragging mails to the calendar.
Hey, i use outlook 2000 SR 1 here. When we drag a mail to our calendar the mail is added to the calendar. But we have a strange problem. The body of the mail is not shown when the mail has been dropped in the calendar. When we go out of the calendar and into the calendar again and open the appointment then the body is shown. but this is not easy to work with. because when you drop the mail in the calendar you are not able to adjust the body because it is not show. is their anyone who knows what may cause this problem and how to solve it maybe? greetz. Have you tried right clicking and dr...

Office calendars
Can conflicting appointments in Microsoft Office Calendars be prohibited? ...

Permissions for Calendar/Inbox, etc
As the Exchange admin, can I set Calendar Permissions for another person's calendar or do they have to do it themselves? If so, how do I do this? A secretary needs to make entries into her boss's calendar, and he's out of town, and never gave her the permissions to do it. Thanks, Blake There is no interface in Exchange for allowing the administrator to set individual permissions on a mailbox's folders. A quick-n-dirty (and lazy) solution would be to give secretary "Full Mailbox Access" to the bosses mailbox (using Exchange System Manager). However, this...

Calendar 2008 version
I am having real problems with my Entourage calendar, all new meetings I enter seem to disappear? I upgraded from 2004 - 2008 around 2 months ago and although there were a few glitches importing data at first, I had no problems entering diary appointments. All the dates I imported are still present, it is just the new ones I enter?? I have been using Entourage for years and never had this problem before..... help!! wendy9479 wrote: > I am having real problems with my Entourage calendar, all new meetings I > enter seem to disappear? I upgraded from 2004 - 2008 around 2 month...

Share Calendar
Is there a way I can grant family members access to my WLM Calendar? Can I post it online somewhere and they can go in and look at it? If you are aware of a way to do this, can you please offer small, simple bits of info so I can actually do it. I am not all that tech smart. Thank you. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_Live_Calendar "Maegan" <Maegan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BC7C5B1C-89C5-434E-9E9A-131CC7905C2B@microsoft.com... > Is there a way I can grant family members access to my WLM Calendar? Can I > post it online somewher...

Spacing Problems with Messages and Calendar Entries
Hello all, I hope my note finds you doing well. My problem is with paragraphs and spacing when I send Outlook email or calendar events with information in the Notes section. I send a message with single spacing, but when it arrives to the recipient it has double spaces in between. For example, I may send an email or calendar event with a note that looks like this: Contact Information: Dr. Mary Jane Department of Nursing Street City, State 11111 Phone: 555-555-5555 But when it is received it by the recipient or my manger's calendar (in the Notes section), it looks like this: Conta...

Multiplying two columns
How do I multiply column A (length) by column B (width)? All I want is a new column C (area) where the cells correspond to what I just multiplied if one were to look from left to right. A x B = C. I can do it for two numbers but not whole columns.... In (eg) C1 =A1*B1 Select C1 Point to bottom right corner until you see the plus Double click To get the sum of all A*B you can use: =SUMPRODUCT(A1:A50,B1:B50) -- Regards Norman Harker MVP (Excel) Sydney, Australia njharker@optusnet.com.au Excel and Word Function Lists (Classifications, Syntax and Arguments) available free to good homes. ...

Link a Sharepoint Calendar to another SharePoint calendars?
Is there a way to create a SharePoint calendar that links and brings in the information from other SharePoint calendars? Have a look at http://sharepointresourcecenter.com/sharepoint-calendars-aggregate-roll-up-create-master-calendars.html - you can play with SPD and marged data sources or play with different content types within a single calendar. None of the approaches is perfect however - you'd be better off using a commercial roll-up webpart or use Sharepoint 2010 Calendar Overlay feature. Greg Osimowicz -- http://SharepointResourceCenter.com ....your gateway to ...

Multiple emails being received: Calendar
The system has sent me 12 acceptance mails for the same meeting. Now I have cancelled a meeting and the system is generating multiple cancellation acceptances for this meeting. Please advise . Submitted using http://www.outlookforums.com Are you or any of the attendees using an iphone? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO...

Julian Calendar
I have a form with a auto assign number for the ID field. My question is that if there is a way to attach the Julian date to the assigned ID? Thanks for your assistance in advance, Bob I'm assuming that by Julian Date you mean something like 07320 for today, November 16, 2007, the 320th day of the year. (That's not actually the Julian Date, but it's a common misuse of the term). You cannot change the value assigned to an AutoNumber field, but you could add a second field to the table, with its default as Date, so that it'll have today's date in it. Once you'...

How to multiply time?
I'm trying to do a quick and dirty time sheet where all I enter is hours worked and hourly rate. If the hours were whole numbers this would be simple but if someone works 40 hours 28 minutes That would be 40.4666666... I guess one way would be to have the whole numbers in one column and the partials in another and then add them both once I convert the partials from 60th's to 100ths Try this... A1 = total time in [h]:mm format as a true Excel time value B1 = hourly rate =A1*24*B1 You will probably want to round the result to 2 decimal places: =ROUND(A...

Calendar Access via OWA
I have been assigned delegate permissions to a users calendar and I can connect to her calendar from my Outlook. I want to connect to her calendar via the OWA and I type this in the URL but no luck .. https://webmail.domain.com/exchange/username/calendar. Advsie please, Thank you. "WILDPACKET" <WILDPACKET@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:69E558E7-2608-4F06-812D-37CE813BE100@microsoft.com... > > I have been assigned delegate permissions to a users calendar and I can > connect to her calendar from my Outlook. I want to connect to her calendar >...

Calendars for Publisher 2003
Here it is September 2006 and NO 2006 calendars for Publisher. When is someone going to get up to speed and get templates for 2006 and 2007? ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=45906e5a-1759-...

accept/decline not updating Exchange calendar
I use Outlook 2003 with Exchange. My settings delivers the mail to the Exchange Mailbox, but then I have a rule to move it to my local PST inbox. A problem started occurring recently where when I accept/decline a meeting from the PST inbox, it doesn't update the status on my Exchange calendar (the meeting is there, but the status didn't change). It only updates the status on the PST calendar. (I think if I accept/decline the meeting directly on the Exchange calendar, it works; it only fails when I accept/decline from PST inbox). What's strange is I've had this setu...

Why does it multiply my 'sum' by 17?
Ok. I am working with a select queury and all I am trying to do is sum two numbers in a column together that share the same 'queue'. For some reason it's adding the two numbers and then multiplying by 17 for every 'group'. Any ideas? Thanks for your help. Post your SQL. -- KARL DEWEY Build a little - Test a little "Love Buzz" wrote: > Ok. I am working with a select queury and all I am trying to do is sum two > numbers in a column together that share the same 'queue'. > > For some reason it's adding the two numbers and then mul...

Exchange calendar
I would like to know is it possible to add my Company's holidays on exchange 5.5 calendar at the server level so that everyone in the company can find? ray3d84 This would be a job for the Public Folders section. Very easy to do. Create a calendar folder in the Public Folders, set permissions on the folder and add dates to it. Now, everyone with permissions can see it and only those with edit permissions can change it. "ray3d" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:013a01c3cf00$7786d2e0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I would like to know is it possibl...

Outlook Calendar Appointments
Hi, When I create a CRM Appointment and invite an attendee who is also a MS CRM user the appointment does not go into their outlook calendar until they have accepted the invite. But what about if they are out of the office and therefore cannot accept the invite? I want it to work like an outlook appointment. This way inviting an attendee will tentatively put the appointment in their calendar until they accept the invite. Does anyone know of a way to achieve this? Best regards Lee Lee, The problem is, the actual synch to Exchange doesn't take place until the user acts upon the invite ...

multiplying
if I have two columns A and B. A is filled with numbers that I want to multiply by the same number and have that total fill B. But I want also to be able to change the number and have all the totals update....how? Can't be done (without a lot of programming). This is not how Excel is designed. Spreadsheets have lots of columns. Simply put the result of the multiplication in column C. Regards, Fred. "wineforyou" <wineforyou@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EDBEF9D9-E3E3-407C-A09B-8958152EDCA4@microsoft.com... > if I have two columns A a...

Add holidays public calendar??
How can you add holidays to a public calendar? When I add them , it goes to my personal calendar, not to the public one. Any ideas? Thanks Ron Montgomery Drag and drop from your Personal Calendar, changing the View on your Personal Calendar to Categories makes this process easier "ronmont" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0c2401c3c02e$a6654870$3101280a@phx.gbl... > How can you add holidays to a public calendar? When I add > them , it goes to my personal calendar, not to the public > one. > > Any ideas? > > Thanks > Ron Mo...

Publishing Outlook Calendar
Hi All, Question: How many days does an Outlook Calendar remain available through Outlook 2007 or Outlook 2010 Beta, before the subscribers start having problems getting Calendar Updates? Scenario: Person who shared the Calendar gets sick and doesn't update the Calendar for over 3 days or connect to the Server. Now it is like every time I open Outlook, I need to enter my Username and Password to download the information. Does the Calendar get remove after a period of time? -- thecreator No, it doesn't get removed, but there was a problem with the pu...

Resizing the delegated calendar screen
Hello! An associate has been given delegate authority to her supervisor's calendar. This associate use to be able to open her supervisor's calendar full screen. Now, the calendar is always half size when opened. Is there a way to get it back to full screen? Help! Thank you! Maximize button not showing up? Collin Jew wrote: > Hello! > An associate has been given delegate authority to her > supervisor's calendar. This associate use to be able to > open her supervisor's calendar full screen. Now, the > calendar is always half size when opened. Is there ...

Turn off calendar background colors
Hi there, Can anyone tell me how to turn off the background colors in Outlook 2007 calendar? I have appointment items that are categorized and so carry their respective color, whichis what I want, but I don't want the whole day colored that color as well. Any clues? Thanks John tools, options, calendar options to change the color. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-r...