Multiple Users receiving same account

This is a newbie question, but I can't think for the life of me. I want to
setup 1 email address that will be received by 4 users. Do I set this up as a
Group then add the users to that group? What kind of group? I don't want to
have to go around and setup a pop3 account on each workstation. I know how to
acheive this in Linux, but can't think how to do it in MS. Thank you everyone
for helping I really appreciate it.

Kevin
0
Kevin105 (377)

Exchange versions would be helpful.
You could set up a distribution list and add those four users to it.

"Kevin" <Kevin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> This is a newbie question, but I can't think for the life of me. I want to
> setup 1 email address that will be received by 4 users. Do I set this up
> as a
> Group then add the users to that group? What kind of group? I don't want
> have to go around and setup a pop3 account on each workstation. I know how
> acheive this in Linux, but can't think how to do it in MS. Thank you
> everyone
> for helping I really appreciate it.
>
> Kevin

0
candeev (105)
11/15/2004 8:53:49 PM
Kevin wrote:
> This is a newbie question, but I can't think for the life of me. I want to
> setup 1 email address that will be received by 4 users. Do I set this up as a
> Group then add the users to that group? What kind of group? I don't want to
> have to go around and setup a pop3 account on each workstation. I know how to
> acheive this in Linux, but can't think how to do it in MS. Thank you everyone
> for helping I really appreciate it.
>
> Kevin

Hi Kevin,

	If you are running Windows Server 2003 with Active Directory you could
create a new group in AD and then add the users you want to recieve the
e-mails as members of that group. When you create the group in AD the
wizard should have an option for assigning it an exchange e-mail alias.
Then when people send an e-mail to the alias you created it will go to
all of the members you added to the group. I hope that makes sence, it
seems like this would solve your problem if you are running Server 2003,
the process should be similar in Windows Server 2000 Pro.

Take care,
Evan
0
efoster (4)

Removing multiple hyperlinks

Create a list with multiple criteria

Charting multiple multiples

Microsoft Outlook 2003
Problem - I installed Microsoft Outlook 2003, installed all the updates, about three weeks ago. I also installed PC Doctor as my spyware blocker, and all that stuff about the same time. Problem is now my friend from out of town is sending me emails and I do not receive them at all. He send 2 a day just to see if anything comes through. He also emailed my yahoo email address and it is not coming through there either. Is it possible for my server to be blocking his IP address? He does not receive any notification back that message was not delivered. We both are on Ebay, so he c...

Attempting to display only certain records related to user criteria input
I have an Excel spreadsheet with 100 records. Each record contains columns of information with one of those columns being age. What would like to do is have the user fill in a cell at the top of the pag and then have only those records meeting that criteria be displayed. For example, "Show records where age exceeds ____". If the user input 34 in the blank, then only those records where the value in the ag column exceeds 34 would be displayed. If the user then changes thei input to 15, then only those records where the value in the age colum exceeds 15 would be displayed. At fi...

New Mail Account
Hello Someone responded but the response has disappeared before I could try it. I am trying to create Accounts on exchange 2003. I can receive internal mail but cannot receive mail from the Internet. I am being asked for a user name and password which I assume that I must setup. But I cannot see where??? Please help. It has been 3 years since I have worked o Exchange and it has changed alot. Thank you -- Ever Learning Net Admin On Tue, 30 Aug 2005 10:22:03 -0700, Randaddyz <Randaddyz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hello Someone responded but the response has disappeared ...

distributing data into multiple cells

automation, choose e-mail account
Hi there, I am using automation in MS Access to send e-mails through outlook, this is working fine. The e-mails are send through the default e-mail account (there is several of them) Does anyone knows the code (VBA) to choose/select the account with which the e-mail will be sent? Thanks Philip ...

Replying to e-mails received
When I'm replying to e-mails received, sometimes the formatting toolbar comes up, and sometimes it doesn't. I can't find the pattern of when it's going to do it and when it's not. When the toolbar doesn't come up, I also cannot get to the formatting options by clicking on "Format." Any ideas? P Jenkins <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > When I'm replying to e-mails received, sometimes the > formatting toolbar comes up, and sometimes it doesn't. I > can't find the pattern of when it's going to do it and >...

Single click selects multiple cells

Sending to multiple addresses

Installing Excel Add-In's for all Windows users
When I install a peice of sw, it puts into the HKEY_CURRENT_USER the location to the XLA that this user is to use when using Excel. Now, I would like it so that any user who logs into Windows is able to launch Excel and have the XLA automatically loaded/installed so that the user does not have to do any extra work except work within Excel as normal. Is there somewhere where this path to the XLA can be put in the registry or elsewhere so that it becomes like a global setting, hence applying to all other existing and new users logging into that machine? Thanks, Jignesh. ...

Exchange 2000 Distribution Lists

multiple selection

Two users in the same database at the same time
I created a database in Access 2007. I located it on my server so two people can access it at the same time, but when one is in the database the other can't update a record or sometimes even open it. It tells them that they can only save it if you are the soul person using it. I'm not talking about design changes, just general changes, like address, phone... Why can't this be done? On Tue, 12 Jan 2010 13:28:01 -0800, Patty <Patty@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I created a database in Access 2007. I located it on my server so two people >can access...

error when receiving and sending e-mail
Error 0x800ccc0d, have tried all the remedies in knowledge base article 813514 without resolution of the problem. I no longer have a firewall. Was using McAfee firewall. I have been working on this problem for about a week now. HELP! ...

Multiple domains #6

Combine multiple tables into one

Does a User's Rules Run if the User is not logged on?
They will run only if using an Exchange server and the rule is not Client only. >-----Original Message----- > >. > ...

Documents & Settings vs. Users folders
OS: Vista Business; upgraded from Win XP Pro SP3. Joined to a WinSer 2003 domain. I just noticed that I have (near) identical files and folders in my C:\Documents and Settings folder and the C:\Users folder. Is this because it was an upgrade? Is there a way to eliminate one of them to free up some HD space? -- Mike Webb Platte River Whooping Crane Maintenance Trust, Inc. a conservation non-profit (501 (c)(3)) organization Wood River, NE In article <8B0B66B9-1E62-479D-BC74-BF79A50895E6@microsoft.com>, Mike_in_Nebraska@newsgroup.nospam says... > > OS: ...