Multiple recipient update services

We have a single domain environment with 7 sites, a DC in each site which is
also a GC. All servers are server 2003

I have just installed Exchange 2003 with sp2 into our head office site onto
a server 2003 member server.

I want to configure Multiple recipient update services as per this technote
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=294792

When i go to finish adding in a new server i get this error:
'before createing a recipient update service a member of the domain admins
security group in the chosen domain must run Exchange svr setup with the
/domainprep command.'

Does this mean i need to run dominprep on every DC that i want too add as a
recipent update service?

I ran domain prep before installing exchange on the exchange member server
before installing exchange without a problem.
0
Luca (19)

If all DCs are in the same domain, you don't need to run domainprep again.
--
Bharat Suneja
MCSE, MCT

"Luca" <Luca@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> We have a single domain environment with 7 sites, a DC in each site which
> is
> also a GC. All servers are server 2003
>
> I have just installed Exchange 2003 with sp2 into our head office site
> onto
> a server 2003 member server.
>
> I want to configure Multiple recipient update services as per this
> technote
> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=294792
>
> When i go to finish adding in a new server i get this error:
> 'before createing a recipient update service a member of the domain admins
> security group in the chosen domain must run Exchange svr setup with the
> /domainprep command.'
>
> Does this mean i need to run dominprep on every DC that i want too add as
> recipent update service?
>
> I ran domain prep before installing exchange on the exchange member server
> before installing exchange without a problem.

0
bharat3597 (1006)
3/8/2006 7:17:17 AM
Just wait for the replication to finish.

--
My Regards,
Omar El-Sherif
"Luca" <Luca@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> We have a single domain environment with 7 sites, a DC in each site which
> is
> also a GC. All servers are server 2003
>
> I have just installed Exchange 2003 with sp2 into our head office site
> onto
> a server 2003 member server.
>
> I want to configure Multiple recipient update services as per this
> technote
> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=294792
>
> When i go to finish adding in a new server i get this error:
> 'before createing a recipient update service a member of the domain admins
> security group in the chosen domain must run Exchange svr setup with the
> /domainprep command.'
>
> Does this mean i need to run dominprep on every DC that i want too add as
> recipent update service?
>
> I ran domain prep before installing exchange on the exchange member server
> before installing exchange without a problem.

0
omarse (13)

Removing multiple hyperlinks

Create a list with multiple criteria

Charting multiple multiples

Task updates are lost in PS2007
We are using timesheets only and the resource enters their actual hours and remaining hours within thie timesheet. We only alllow resources to provide thier task updates via the timesheet. We are also using the codeplex and do not use the my task page at all. Sometimes the status manager does not get their task updates, but the actual hours show in the timesheet that was saved and submitted. Do you know of a fix for this, or is this a known bug? Hi, This NG is for the desktop versions of MS Project. Better repost in microsoft.public.project.server Greetings, -- Jan D...

Why does change in IV00102 update DEX_ROW_TS in IV00101?
We've had some performance problems since upgrading to GP10. In researching this problem I discovered that the item quantities table, IV00102, has an AFTER UPDATE trigger called zDT_IV00102U that updates the item master table, IV00101 (specifically, it is setting IV00101.DEX_ROW_TS to the current date and time). We had auditing set up on IV00101, thinking that auditing changes in a master table would not have much impact on performance, but because of this trigger every time a document posts that changes inventory quantities our auditing on IV00101 fires also. What is th...

distributing data into multiple cells

Single click selects multiple cells

Sending to multiple addresses

Updated to SP1, now no sig
I just updated my system to XP SP2, and Office 2003 SP1. When I compose a new email now, either I get no signature or I get a big red X where it should go. The sig has a couple of marques setup in it ... but they aren't working now. Anybody got any ideas? Thanks, --Jim ...

Exchange 2000 Distribution Lists

multiple selection

GAL not updated immediately
Hi! My platform is a Windows Server 2003, with Exchange Server 2003 SP2 installed. Whenever I create a new user with his or her Exchange mailbox set up, I can't see this new user in the Global Address List from another Microsoft Outlook 2003 client. I need to wait 24 hours... I did open a Windows session and configure the Outlook client for this new user, but it doesn't help. Any idea? Help greatly appreciated. Nicolas Check if the Outlook is configured in cache mode; if yes it will show the new entires only when it downloads new OAB. -- Cheers, Bhalchandra, MCSE-Messaging...

Multiple domains #6

Combine multiple tables into one

Help Regarding an update query
Hi, iam trying to run an update query. the situation is as follows, i have linked excel sheets in my table. so i am using the update query to update all the records that i have them in my access tables. i tried this before many times and i was successful in doing that. But in some tables, it gave me an error message "Type mismatch in expression". i checked each and every field in my access table and in the excel sheets and they are all with the correct format. any help?? any ideas? On Fri, 31 Aug 2007 08:47:16 -0700, Samer <samoora44@gmail.com> wrote: >Hi, iam trying to r...

Check out critical update for Internet Explorer
--cduvkyhvenmzawxtz Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="bvapawmftmzs"; type="multipart/alternative" --bvapawmftmzs Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="xmgldqcengw" --xmgldqcengw Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Client this is the latest version of security update, the "September 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which resolves all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Install now t...

Finding Data in multiple worksheets
Using Excel 2000, how can I find data in multiple worksheets; example: any number between 200 & 299 in 32 worksheets? If you mean you want to find a single number across 32 worksheets, group your worksheets (click on the first, ctrl-click on subsequent (or even shift-click)). Then Edit|Find But I think I'd use Jan Karel Pieterse's FlexFind: http://www.oaltd.co.uk/MVP/ If you meant you wanted to find all 100 numbers (200-299) in all 32 sheets, then I think I'd have a macro search for each number and report the results on a new worksheet. "mark@southwestconst.com&quo...

Update Query in VBA
Hello, I am using Access 2003. I am trying to run an update query through VBA. My SQL is this: UPDATE CostSummarySheet SET CostSummarySheet.Active = Forms!fsubLOA!Active WHERE (((CostSummarySheet.Proj_Name)=[Forms]![frmCSSheetEdit]![Proj_Name])); and the code I am attempting to use is this: Dim db As DAO.Database Dim strSql As String strSql = "UPDATE CostSummarySheet SET [Active] = [Forms]![frmCSSheetEdit]![fsubLOA]![Active] WHERE [Proj_Name]= [Forms]![frmCSSheetEdit]![Proj_Name];" Set db = DBEngine(0)(0) db.Execute strSql, dbFailOnError ...

show multiple values that add to total in bar graph
Is there a way to show multiple values in a single bar (in a bar graph) that add up to a total (example: 127, 129, 87, 85, 60, 126, 89 add up to 703)? I want a sigle bar that goes to 703 but breaks the single bar down into these segments (preferrably by color showing the smaller segment amounts within the color. HELP!!!! Thanks! Hi, Is that not what the stacked column chart does? Cheers Andy Green Goose 89 wrote: > Is there a way to show multiple values in a single bar (in a bar graph) that > add up to a total (example: 127, 129, 87, 85, 60, 126, 89 add up to 703)? I > want...

IIF / OR
I want the OnPrint of a report to check three fields and run code if any ONE of the conditions is met: Iif ([MyTextOne]=1 OR [MyTextTwo]=2 OR [MyTextThree]=3) Then RunSomeCode Else RunOtherCode I thought of using Select Case and calling procedures as each condition is met: Select Case Me![MyTextOne] Case is = 1 Call Check2 Case else Stop End Select Check2 () Select Case Me![MyTextTwo] Case is = 2 Call Check3 Case else Stop End select Check3 () and so on......... It will work, but gets a bit too long as the test conditions increase. It gets just as long with nested select case or nest...