Multiple Recipient Policies #2

I have a dilema. I have created (2) storage groups in Exchange 2003
SP1. I had my default storage group for a while but I wanted to start
archiving. I allready had my maximum (4) mailbox stores on my default
so I created a second storage group called "Archive Storage Group" with
a single mailbox store also called "Archive".

Here is my question; How do I set a retention (recipient) policy on my
Archive storage group/user without affecting the default storage group?
Currently my recipient policy deletes anything in deleted items older
than 7 days. For my Exchange Archive user, I want a diffrent set of
retention policies such as all email older than 90 days be deleted,
etc.

How is this possible?

Thanks,
Brian

0
bjorgenson (31)

You need to modify the filter that the policy applies to, probably on both
policies.

--
Ben Winzenz
Exchange MVP

<bjorgenson@charter.net> wrote in message
>I have a dilema. I have created (2) storage groups in Exchange 2003
> SP1. I had my default storage group for a while but I wanted to start
> archiving. I allready had my maximum (4) mailbox stores on my default
> so I created a second storage group called "Archive Storage Group" with
> a single mailbox store also called "Archive".
>
> Here is my question; How do I set a retention (recipient) policy on my
> Archive storage group/user without affecting the default storage group?
> Currently my recipient policy deletes anything in deleted items older
> than 7 days. For my Exchange Archive user, I want a diffrent set of
> retention policies such as all email older than 90 days be deleted,
> etc.
>
> How is this possible?
>
> Thanks,
> Brian

0
Ben
5/19/2005 1:59:44 PM
Ok, I have 2 policies. One is filtered as "*" so it affects every
account. This filter deletes deleted items older than 7 days. My second
filter applies to only my archive user called "ExArchive" and it
deletes deleted items right away. When I run mailbox management,
everybody's deleted items are removed, even though I only have 1 user
applied to the second filter??? What am I doing wrong?

0
bjorgenson (31)
5/20/2005 6:31:26 PM
http://hellomate.typepad.com/exchange/2004/06/troubleshooting.html

Follow the steps from above to help you figure out which mailbox manager
policy is being applied.

--

> Ok, I have 2 policies. One is filtered as "*" so it affects every
> account. This filter deletes deleted items older than 7 days. My second
> filter applies to only my archive user called "ExArchive" and it
> deletes deleted items right away. When I run mailbox management,
> everybody's deleted items are removed, even though I only have 1 user
> applied to the second filter??? What am I doing wrong?

0
Ben

Removing multiple hyperlinks

Is there policy setting to prevent saving file without extension?
I previously posted related question in Office Developer Add-in group... http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?dg=microsoft.public.office.developer.com.add_ins&mid=869e5007-3e31-46be-9d2a-f24ed5a324c8 ....but I did not get any response, so I have reframed a more general question here. In one particular environment (Terminal Services session on MS windows server 2003 standard edition SP2 with Office Professional Plus 2007 SP2), when I try to save a file (programmatically) withOUT .docx extension, the file is automatically saved with the extension. (The ...

Create a list with multiple criteria

Date Formatting problem #2
I have a excel (professional xp). I have a problem formatting a text field into a date field. When I format the field nothing happens, until I double click on the field and then it formats. The problem is that I have over 8000 lines and I can't do this for every field. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks, Rick Rick Enter 1 in a blank cell and copy it. Highlight the 'dates' and Edit>Paste special...>Values+Multiply. With them still highlighted, reformat them as Date (Format>Cells...Number.Date). Don't worry that they all look like numbers before formatting....

Print 2 copies per page
I have a Publisher document that I would like to print 2 to a page (8-1/2 X 11 sheet). I keep getting only one smaller size document to page instead of two. What am I doing wrong. On Wed, 26 Oct 2005 00:24:02 +0100, Laurie wrote (in article <C2A6746C-8F2C-4884-ABE1-5838926874E9@microsoft.com>): > I have a Publisher document that I would like to print 2 to a page (8-1/2 X > 11 sheet). I keep getting only one smaller size document to page instead of > two. What am I doing wrong. What is this - a stupidity epidemic? A question ends in a '?' not a full stop. This...

Charting multiple multiples

2 lane setup with vital
is anyone using 2 lanes and processing through RMS? i recently started processing with RMS and lane 1 is processing fine but lane 2 gives me a declined. I have added the same info into edc for both the lanes. Do i need to change anything for lane 2 to start processing cards? ...

Saving emails on the server for 2 computers
We have two computers connected with a router and both have Windows XP home edition on them. Now my desktop I use Outlook Express for emails and I have it set up to save messages on the server until I delete same. That way I can receive emails on both computers. On the laptop I use Microsoft outlook for emails and if I go in and read the emails they automatically delete them from my server and I cannot retrieve them on my desktop in Outlook Express. So. I have tried going into Microsoft outlook on the laptop and gone into, tools, account settings, data files and then I'm lost on ...

unable to delete mailbox #2
Hi, I tried to delete an account, but I found its mailbox is still there and I have no way to delete it. I use Exchange 2003 in WIn 2003 server. Please tell me how to delete an account with removing everthing related to this account? I can reboot my server. Thanks in advance. Lisa you wanted to delete the mailbox or the account? when you delete an account in 2003, the mailbox is orphaned/deleted...is there a little red x on the mailbox? "Lisa" <Lisa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:29EAED62-64DB-4857-BC00-18C3B2040F6A@microsoft.com... > Hi, > >...

distributing data into multiple cells

Single click selects multiple cells

copy a workbook without copying any data #2
Is there a way to copy a workbook without copying any data. I would like to copy all tabs,micros,links and formulas without any data in the cells or notes for the cells being copied. Thank You No. You will have to delete the data yourself. Usually we set up a workbook and keep an empty copy -- Brian ----------------------------------------------------------------------- BrianB's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=5 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27550 ...

Pass optional parameters to a method in a Dictionary (C#2.0) ?
Hi, We have some test code where we would want to invoke a method with optional parameters. In C# 4.0, I believe we could use named parameters, but we're using C# 2.0 I found a Dictionary solved my problem, but I'm not sure it's the best pattern for C# 2.0?. Could anyone please comment on whether or not there's a more appropriate pattern? Cheers artie EXAMPLE: public void AddToDatabase(Dictionary<string,object> fields) { string _surname = ""; string _city = ""; int _employeeId; if (fields.ContainsKey("...

CPrintDialog question #2
I am using the following code to print a dialog. The problem is that the resulting print is blocked out under the print dialog (data missing that was under the printer selection dialog). void CResultsDlg::OnBnClickedPrint() { CPrintDialog dlg(FALSE); if (dlg.DoModal() == IDOK) { // Create a printer device context (DC) based on the information // selected from the Print dialog. HDC hdc = dlg.CreatePrinterDC(); ASSERT(hdc); CString strWindowTitle; GetWindowText(strWindowTitle); VERIFY(PrintWindow(m_hWnd,hdc,strWindowTitle)); CDC::FromHandle(hdc)->DeleteDC(); } } What can I do ...

Sending to multiple addresses

Cancel read receipt #2
Third attempt - thanks everyone, but I know how to turn read receipts off (which I've now done). The problem is that I sent a read receipt on a message which arrived via a mail service which doesn't support send (POP3 only, no SMTP service). Outlook 2003 is continually trying to send the receipt via the service on which it arrived (and therefore continually failing). As the message doesn't appear in Outbox or Sent Items - any ideas how I can get rid of it? ...

multiple selection

Exchange 2000 Distribution Lists

How to hide form from grid 2 to 4
I have a form that I’m using as main form menu, I need three different portions to be able to hide and view. I know how to hide acDetail section, Heared or footer but do not know how to hide a potion of the form only, i.e.: on detail section hide form from grid 2 to 4. Any help, tip or comment is greatly appreciated, Adnan hi Adnan, Adnan wrote: > I have a form that I’m using as main form menu, I need three different > portions to be able to hide and view. I know how to hide acDetail section, > Heared or footer but do not know how to hide a potion of the form only, i.e.: >...

Additional email addresses #2
Hi all, I'm really new to Exchange and i havce given a user 2 smtp email addresses. However in the contacts section of outlook under email addresses the user still only has the one. I've followed the manual but not sure if i have missed anything. Help... Is Outlook in cached mode? Four things have to happen--and in this order--before recipients show up in the GAL in Outlook 2003 with cached mode: 1. The object or change must replicate to the domain controller the RUS uses. 2. The RUS must run and stamp the user with Exchange attributes. 3. The offline address book must be ge...

Outlook 2007 adding contacts issue #2
Hello! I apologize in advance if this has been answered, but I couldn't find it anywhere... today I added contacts to outlook 2007...never had used it before on Vista ever...and closed out went to lunch... came back, I cannot add any new contacts. All options to add a greyed out... If I select file new.....adding contacts is there but greyed out... any ideas on what to change? Thanks! lori, Go to your contacts page and type CTRL + N. The new contact page will open. Or on your contacts page, click New on the button that appears just below the File menu item. Or on your contacts pa...