multiple OWA web sites on single server?

Hello, I would like to know if it's possible to have multiple OWA web sites
on a single server.

Reason I need to know is that we would like to use RSA's securid for OWA
but not everyone that uses OWA will be using securid. So I would like to
have 2 OWA websites, one using securid and the other not.

We are using Exchange 2003 server.

Thanks!
FC
-1
FC4585 (3)

You can have 2 web sites on the same server by 1) using the same ip address
but different ports 2) using different ip address and default ports (http 80
or https 443) or 3) same ip address and ports, but using different fqdns as
host headers.

Don't recommend using the last alternative for rsa, and won't work with ssl.

--
Bharat Suneja
MCSE, MCT

"FC" <FC@NOSPAMroutergod.com> wrote in message
> Hello, I would like to know if it's possible to have multiple OWA web
> sites
> on a single server.
>
> Reason I need to know is that we would like to use RSA's securid for OWA
> but not everyone that uses OWA will be using securid. So I would like to
> have 2 OWA websites, one using securid and the other not.
>
> We are using Exchange 2003 server.
>
> Thanks!
> FC

-1
bharatsuneja1 (3145)
9/8/2005 6:02:15 PM
"Bharat Suneja" <bharatsuneja@no.spam.org> wrote in

> You can have 2 web sites on the same server by 1) using the same ip
> address but different ports 2) using different ip address and default
> ports (http 80 or https 443) or 3) same ip address and ports, but
> using different fqdns as host headers.
>
> Don't recommend using the last alternative for rsa, and won't work
> with ssl.

Hi Bharat, thanks for the reply. But I'm looking more for how to setup the
seperate OWA web site on the exchange server.
1
FC4585 (3)
9/8/2005 9:18:22 PM
"FC" <FC@NOSPAMroutergod.com> wrote in message
> Hello, I would like to know if it's possible to have multiple OWA web
> sites
> on a single server.
>
> Reason I need to know is that we would like to use RSA's securid for OWA
> but not everyone that uses OWA will be using securid. So I would like to
> have 2 OWA websites, one using securid and the other not.
>
> We are using Exchange 2003 server.
>
> Thanks!
> FC

You can create them in Exchange System Manager.  Expand the protocols until
you get to HTTP.  From there you can either add a new Virtual Server or a
new Virtual Directory.

Lee.

--
___________________________________

Outlook Web Access for PDA and WAP:
www.leederbyshire.com
___________________________________

0
Lee
9/9/2005 10:15:43 AM
"Lee Derbyshire [MVP]" <email a@t leederbyshire d.0.t c.0.m> wrote in

> "FC" <FC@NOSPAMroutergod.com> wrote in message
>> Hello, I would like to know if it's possible to have multiple OWA web
>> sites
>> on a single server.
>>
>> Reason I need to know is that we would like to use RSA's securid for
>> OWA but not everyone that uses OWA will be using securid. So I would
>> like to have 2 OWA websites, one using securid and the other not.
>>
>> We are using Exchange 2003 server.
>>
>> Thanks!
>> FC
>
> You can create them in Exchange System Manager.  Expand the protocols
> until you get to HTTP.  From there you can either add a new Virtual
> Server or a new Virtual Directory.
>
> Lee.

yes, that's what I'm looking for. Thanks!

FC
0
FC4585 (3)

Exchange 2003 and Server ActiveSync ???
Dear all, I have Exchange 2003 FE and BE server in one box with MS ISA 2000 on another box as the firewall server. In the ISA, I have outgoing web authentication switched on. My problem is how to get the Exchange 2003 Microsoft Server ActiveSync to work with Pocket PC 2003 device. I have configured OWA and OMA and both works. Another thing is I have not and not ready for SSL. I need proper planning for this. What I want to know if the above is possible? If so how. I need some step by step or instruction as to achieve a working solution. Thanks. Regards, Kueh. As far as I remember ...

Removing multiple hyperlinks

Create a list with multiple criteria

Charting multiple multiples

Data Access Page for web browser
I Have just created a form to view on the web but after going into page properties and change the absulte path to the server housing the data base. The form appears on the internet but not the data information. What other changes do i need to change to get the fields to populate.. ...

Secondary DPM server
Hi I have three primary DPM servers that replicates to one secondary DPM server. Is't possible to run the switch protection CMDLET and letting the secondary become primary just for one of the primary DPM servers and still be secondary for the other two primary? -- Check out my DPM blogg robertanddpm.blogspot.com When switching protection in DPM 2010 it is done on a data source level within the protection group so you can manually choose which data sources to switch protection on. So to answer your question, yes this should be possible if you switch protection on the ...

Can a front end server (OWA) also accept all mail for an organization
Hi, I was wondering if an Exchange front end server (OWA) could also act as the main server to receive mail before sending it on to an Exchange Cluster Server? Thanks, Dan Yes. You have to have the Information Store service started for this IIRC, but it can act as an SMTP Gateway. You would just point the mapping for port 25 on your firewall to the FE server. -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP MessageOne "Dan" <dfulmek@accuwareinc.com> wrote in message news:exxQ$aCqFHA.2652@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > I was wondering if an Exchange front end server (OW...

Saving emails on the server for 2 computers
We have two computers connected with a router and both have Windows XP home edition on them. Now my desktop I use Outlook Express for emails and I have it set up to save messages on the server until I delete same. That way I can receive emails on both computers. On the laptop I use Microsoft outlook for emails and if I go in and read the emails they automatically delete them from my server and I cannot retrieve them on my desktop in Outlook Express. So. I have tried going into Microsoft outlook on the laptop and gone into, tools, account settings, data files and then I'm lost on ...

distributing data into multiple cells

ARGGG! OWA Problem
We are using Outlook Web Access with Exchange server 5.5 (on a Windows 2000 computer). For some strange reason, I cannot successfully connect anymore. I get either of the following errors. It's either 1) Failed to get inbox Or 2) Failed to connect to the Microsoft Exchange server, <server name> No other users seem to be affected, just me! I have checked permissions through the IIS management console, and I have even re-applied service pack 4 for Exchange 5.5. I can log on to the network and get my mail through Outlook on the desktop with no problem. I'm stumped! Any...

How can I determine what DC Project server is using for AD sync?
I am looking to determine what Domain Controller (hostname) that Project Server is connecting to when it tries to Sync with AD. My Sunc job is failing and the AD team wants to know what DC I am connecting to... I have no idea, how to get this info... Thanks for any help!! Mossguy: How many DCs on your network? Project Server is looking for domain global groups, and not a specific domain controller, so it talks to whichever DC responds to the request, and this shouldn't matter to your AD team. If they need to determine this information, you can ask the network team t...

Can you integrate MS CRM with SharePoint Portal Server
Hi, I'm new to MS CRM and I was wondering if it is possible to integrate it with a SharePoint Portal Server using Windows SharePoint Services Regards Holmin It would be possible to create custom web parts that displayed data from Microsoft CRM in sharepoint portal server. As yet I am not aware of anyone who has done it yet. As both CRM and Sharepoint Portal are written using .NET it should be straightforward to create the code. "Holmin" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CDBA1DD5-98B9-455F-AFF8-0A4767C0448E@microsoft.com... > Hi, > I'...

Single click selects multiple cells

OWA in once consistent language?
Hello, the OWA language setting is per default determined by the first client access but this proved however very inconvinient for my users. Quite a few of them are travelling around the world and used OWA for the first time abroad effectively setting the language to that of the region. Needless to say they are now quite grumpy from using OWA in german, hungarian etc and all other languages they dont know and I wonder how to lock the OWA language to one consistent language independent of first client access? If anything else, is it possible to "reset" their OWA-setting so they...

Sending to multiple addresses

How to change Default Web Browser?
Hi. I want to change Default Web Browser to my Custom Web Browser APP. Please Help me. ...

Exchange 2000 Distribution Lists

multiple selection

OWA and using Smart Card Login
I would like a brief checklist on how to go about using/implementing SCL with OWA. Our environment: Windows 2003 Server Exchange 2003 3rd party certificates are used All users currently use SCL to login at work. Thanks ! -- Jhonnyg This may help: Supporting Outlook Web Access with the S/MIME Control in Your PKI (Exchange Server Message Security Guide) http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/guides/E2k3MsgSecGuide/42b8152a-681d-43db-a3d6-dd52900519fa.mspx -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: www.exchangepedia.com/blog --------------------------...

Publishing to Web
We have just upgraded from Publisher 2000 to 2003. Now when we publish to the web each of the images creates their own page with a link back to their original location; and the file which has 38 pages when open in the computer has over 600 pages when viewed from the internet. What has happened? How can we fix this? ...

Changing color of a single gridline on a chart
I need to change the color of a single grid line on a chart. This is currently not allowed (at least I am not able to). When you change color all the grid lines take the same color. I need to change the color of a single grid line. Please help if you know the answer. You can't colour one gridline, but Jon Peltier has instructions for adding a horizontal line to a chart: http://www.geocities.com/jonpeltier/Excel/Charts/ComboCharts.html#AddLine Anise Ahmed wrote: > I need to change the color of a single grid line on a > chart. This is currently not allowed (at least I am no...