multiple email accounts for one user

If I have a user who by default has and email address of user@a.com, can I
set the MX record for the domain b.com to point to the same mail server as
a.com, and have a user who can get mail from a.com and b.com?

Thanks
0
chrisH (31)

Yes.  You'd need to ensure you have a recipient policy configured in
Exchange for b.com.  The article below covers what you need to know,
assuming the 'mail server' you speak of is Exchange.

Neil Hobson
Exchange MVP

For Exchange news, links, and tips, check:
http://www.msexchangeblog.com

"ChrisH" <ChrisH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> If I have a user who by default has and email address of user@a.com, can I
> set the MX record for the domain b.com to point to the same mail server as
> a.com, and have a user who can get mail from a.com and b.com?
>

> Thanks

0
neil.hobson (1158)

delay all outgoing email around 10 minutes
Hi, How possible to delay all outgoing email around 10 minutes, in case; some user who accidentally sent the improperly email, they can give us a call immediately to delete or stop the delivery of that particular email. We want to configure this option in our Exchange for all users. Cheers and thanks, Haydar On Fri, 25 Aug 2006 06:51:03 -0700, Haydar <Haydar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi, > >How possible to delay all outgoing email around 10 minutes, in case; some >user who accidentally sent the improperly email, they can give us a call >immediately to del...

can't receive incoming email
I'm having trouble getting messages off the server in Outlook 2000. Sending works ok. Outlook Express seems to have no problem. Any suggestions? ...

Emailing a Report
Hi all, I have a report that opens showing all incomplete records. Now I need to have the ability to email that form using Outlook. Is there a simple template, etc. somewhere that shows how to? TIA The code is relatively simple, you can look up: SendObject in the helpfiles, or use the example of my code using: http://www.datastrat.com/Download/EmailSenate2K.zip Another example showing how to use Outlook automatic is also at my website: http://www.datastrat.com/Code/OutlookEmail.txt -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http://www.datastrat.com http://www.mvps.org/access http://www.accessmvp.com ...

how do I print multiple print areas on one page
I have a wide worksheet that is not very deep i.e. lots of columns but not many rows. I have it in landscape but it is still too wide to go on one page. I would like to be able to print the right hand side of the worksheet underneath the left hand side of the worksheet, on one page, rather than having to print out two pages. Is this possible? This is a common question. The only way to do this is to create what you want printed. In other words, copy all of your data to a blank sheet, then cut/paste to get what you want, then print it. You can do this with a macro and nev...

Opening multiple txt files into one workbook as separate sheets
I have seen posts about opening multiple txt files from a folder and saving each of them as a separate .xls. Is there a macro that would open all the .txt or .dat files in the directory that the .xls resides and put them as a new sheet in that folders .xls? IE. Folder1 data1.dat data2.dat Excel.xls 1.After running the macro in Excel.xls in Folder1 it has sheets data1.dat and data2.dat 2. Then if I move Excel.xls to Folder 2 with data3.dat and data4.dat and ran the macro again... Excel.xls would have data1.dat data2.dat data3.dat data4.dat Maybe this page will help http://www.rondebr...

Combining notes into one record
I have a customer that has accidentally created two records with file notes that should be only one record with both file notes included. Is there a way to combine these? Use the "merge" feature. The master record will inherit the activities of the deactivated record. (The merge function is on the entity grid-- next to the "Create Quick Campaign" button) "patrick" wrote: > I have a customer that has accidentally created two records with file notes > that should be only one record with both file notes included. Is there a way > to combine thes...

Users sharing
With Outlook 2003 is it possible for 2 users to share the same contacts and in-box folders, but otherwise have different preferences? Thanks Peter Yes -- see http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/olshare1.htm for an example of how to set this up. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:1001vbggntand58@corp.supernews.com, Peter wrote: > With Outlook 2003 is it possible for 2 users to share the same > contacts and in-box folders, but otherwise have di...

New users loose SMTP address
Scenario: W2k3, Exhange2k3 2 domain servers create a user on either domain controller, add the smtp address we want (from a large list), come back a few minutes later and the address will change to the system default. Notes; we dont run the smtp recipient policies as such - just a general one with all our smtp address suffixes, this problem only occurs on every four/five accounts created. At first we thought it was the individual support person, then blamed his PC, his MMC connection, now Tech servoces have found it occurrs to anyone creating large numbers of users. Thought it could be...

CC Incoming/Outgoing mail to another user
Hey everyone, I am running Exchange 2003 on a Windows Server 2003 enviornment and would like to know if the following can be done, if so, how? I would like to know if Exchange can copy all outgoing and incoming mail of a certain user to another users mailbox? For example, all email sent and received from userA@domain.com, userB@domain.com will also get it all. Cheers, Matt "OzPacific" wrote: > Hey everyone, > > I am running Exchange 2003 on a Windows Server 2003 enviornment and > would like to know if the following can be done, if so, how? I would > like to know ...

SMTP bounces, account can't logon to Exchange
All: Exchange 2003 / SP1. Account created in Exchange 5.x and WinNT4 Donaib, Exchange and domain migrated to W2K3. I accidentally disabled the account in Active Directory, attempt to enable it failed owing to password policies. I reset the password, and can login to AD. But Exchange refuses smtp mail and won't let the account access the store from Outlook 2000. Suggestions welcome. All the Best S ...

Money 2004 & IE: Why do I have to re-enter my Passport account's password?
I've been using MSN Bill Pay for a couple of months, since purchasing Money 2004 Deluxe. I like it, for the most part. The one thing that is really weird, is the interaction between Money 2004, Microsoft Passport and Internet Explorer. Once I sign into Money using my Passport account, do whatever, and then get out of Money, if I then try to get into Internet Explorer it will not go into MyMSN (http://my.msn.com) without requiring me to log back into my Passport account again. Why is that? Rod ...

Email Messages Not Downloading
Some email messages (web-based at Comcast.net) are not downloading to my Outlook email Inbox, although most are. Ones not downloading are common newsletters, special offers, etc., such as from FoxNews.com and BarnesandNoble.com. ...

Outlook 2010
In Outlook 2003 I had one .pst file with all contacts inside, but used 3 email accounts with no automatic rules for mail delivery. I manually put the emails down in it's respective archive.pst files and want it done this way. In Outlook 2010 when using several email accounts, it's automatically established one .pst file for each email account where the respective email drops into. Is there a way to have it all into one "Personal Folder" (the old way)? (I want to send emails were sender account is the only on showing as sender and not any "sent on behalf ...

Free Email Stationery For Outlook?
Is there any place I can get free email stationery for Outlook that actually works? I have Outlook 2007 and Windows XP. If I need to make changes on my computer in order to work the email stationery, what do I do and how do I do it? Thanks. Candy Google.com is still your friend. --=20 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =20 "Candy" <Candy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message = news:7427332F-8349-4F1F-A719-654B4DF99549@micr...

Internal Email not displaying senders name.
Hi, I have an problem where a user sends an internal mail , and the recipients do not see the senders display name. Configuration is, 1 user. 2 accounts. 2 email addresses. (Using Exchange) Account 1: username: bob1 smtp: bob1@bob.com Account 2: username: bob2 smtp: bob1@jane.com (account is disabled) Scenario: BOB1 logs into the BOB domain and sends emails as BOB1. He can send emails to anyone on the BOB1 domain and externally, and the dislpay name is correct. All working fine. BOB1 logs into the BOB domain, and sends emails as BOB2 using the from field. He can physically send ...

Can't delete emails
Exchange server 2003, some users cannot delete theie email W/S is xp pro with outlook 2003 I've tried to change user rights and increasing mailbox size quotas to no avail. Try Shift-Delete On Fri, 27 Aug 2004 13:28:37 -0700, "Robert" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Exchange server 2003, some users cannot delete theie >email W/S is xp pro with outlook 2003 >I've tried to change user rights and increasing mailbox >size quotas to no avail. ...

Multiple lowercase b's
As i am working with my spreadsheet multiple lower case b's are appearing as i highlight a cell or box a group of cells. Working with Win XP Pro and Excel 2003 What happens if you change the font to black? I have no idea why you'd see a bunch of lower-case b's. :) ************ Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "alchemist" <alchemist@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:44E8D628-B5FE-40E1-864B-B1D8EDAAD6A8@microsoft.com... > As i am working with my spreadsheet multiple lower case b's are appearing > as > i highlight a cell or box a grou...

Sending CRM Email fails.
Hi Guys, Hope all is well in the CRM World. I have a small issue with a CRM Server not sending emails. I did see anothe post with the same problem but there was no reply. I hope someone could help me and point me in the right direction. 1. When you try to send an email inside CRM (not from Outlook) a general message appears "Failed to send email" Below is the exception caught in the trace dump file. I'm hoping all I need to do is re register a dll file, but which one (if this is the problem)\ Cheers for any help. [2006-05-26 16:58:32.1] Process: w3wp |Thread: 4576 |...

How do I create Folders/Sub folders from User Form control button
I have a User Form that I would like to take one of the spare control buttons and have it set up my job folder on the hard drive. I am not sure how to code it to achive the following results: These are my text box ID's Main Folder --------------------------------------------------------------------- User Selects drive: \ CES_No_1 \ CLLI_Code_1\ TEO_No_1 Sub Folders inside Main Folder ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Completed Drawings Elec Job Folder Misc Job Documents Site Pictures If you can dig up a copy of the VBS doc...

error sending messages in outlook 07, account settings okay
Hello, This problem is giving me a huge headache, Recently everything was working well on my Vista OS, outlook 2007. Now I can't send out any messages, only receive. The messages stay in my OUTBOX and I get an error message when sending. Outlook is trying to send them but it can't. Account settings are good. I have 2 different user profiles crated on Vista with different e-mail accounts and outlook stopped sending on both of them. Don't matter which I'm logged in to, mine of my wife's it still doesn't work. I am also dual booting my PC and when I login to my XP ever...

Can't move email from outlook.pst after Inbox Repair
To recover from exceeding the 2GB limit, I ran PST2GB.exe to remove 30MB, then SCANPST.EXE to repair the file. After running more than once, SCANPST now says there are no errors. After the repair, folders and email now display properly, but attempts to move email to other *.pst files fail with the message 'Could not complete the operation. One or more parameter values are not valid.' However, email from other *.pst files can be moved into outlook.pst and back out again with no problem.(?) It appears that there is a problem with the repaired file format. Is there a newer ver...

Customised Views per User?
I think the answer to this question is it can't be done but once a user has created a custom view for either accounts/contacts can they then set this to be their individual default or can this change only be done on a system basis? Many thanks Steve ...

Exchange 2K Multiple Domains
I have a client collecting email from 4 different domains using SBS2K/Exchange2K The problem is that one of the departments gets some of its mail through an ISP mailbox. Exchange recipient policy has to have this ISP domain listed and checked or email coming in with this address is rejected. Yet because this is a popular ISP there is a requirement to be able to send outgoing email to OTHER subscribers using this same ISP.... But Exchange sees itself as solely responsible for the ISP domain and won't pass outgoing messages addressed to it. Does anybody have any ideas how to get round th...

Placing multiple existing stores under HQ
I have a client who has serveral existing RMS Stores operating independently. They now want to put the stores under HQ. Since the store inventories are not currently syncronized, is there a simple way to add all of the stores to HQ without losing their sales history? Some items exist at only one store, others exist at all stores, but with different ILC and description. Anyone ever done this? Thanks, Glenn -- Glenn Adams Tiber Creek Consulting http://www.tibercreek.com glenn@tibercreek.com ---------------------------------------------- Please DO NOT respond to me directly but ...

This checkbook is being reconciled by another user
User session was terminated while selecting items for reconciliation (while going into the reconciliation window). No other users are in the company, but cannot get past this "error" message. Anyone know a fix or workaround? Tried logging in as 'sa' and the user without success. The Clear Activity button for bank management doesn't clear the CBEU1020 table. Remove the entry from this table and you'll be able to get into your recon again cpa-mcse.net wrote: This checkbook is being reconciled by another user 24-Mar-10 User session was termi...