Muliple Exchange OMA User Accounts from One SmartPhone

I wish to be able to access multiple user accounts (all on the same
Exchange 2003 server) from a single smartphone running Windows Mobile
5.0. After setting up OMA on Exchange and the smartphone and visiting
https://FQDN/oma all works well after entering the username and
password for one account, but then the smartphone remembers the login
(presumably via a cookie) for future visits to the same URL.

There seems to be no easy way to delete the cookie on the smartphone,
so all subsequent accesses to OMA go straight through to the same user
account. One way I have considered tackling this is to add multiple
virtual directories (aliases) for the real OMA folder on the Exchange
server, so we can use URLs like https://FQDN/oma-user1 and
https://FQDN/oma-user2, etc (we only have a small number of users, so
this would be practical). Does anyone have any practical experience of
whether this will work (I guess it depends on whether Windows Mobile
will use a different cookie for each URL), or better suggestions?

I am aware of Lee Derbyshire's fine-looking "OWA for WAP" product, but
for now we are looking to implement this without recourse to 3rd-party
software.

--
Regards,
Steve.

I think you can try to change session time-out.
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dafc9621-7b71-42fa-b1cb-3ea63e15ad04.aspx

Try :
system.web.sessionState
or
browserCAPs.supportsBackNavWithExpiresHeader

Good luck.

"spm" <nospam@coco.dot.co.dot.uk> a �crit dans le message de news:
xn0f3una51hlg7000@news.microsoft.com...
>I wish to be able to access multiple user accounts (all on the same
> Exchange 2003 server) from a single smartphone running Windows Mobile
> 5.0. After setting up OMA on Exchange and the smartphone and visiting
> https://FQDN/oma all works well after entering the username and
> password for one account, but then the smartphone remembers the login
> (presumably via a cookie) for future visits to the same URL.
>
> There seems to be no easy way to delete the cookie on the smartphone,
> so all subsequent accesses to OMA go straight through to the same user
> account. One way I have considered tackling this is to add multiple
> virtual directories (aliases) for the real OMA folder on the Exchange
> server, so we can use URLs like https://FQDN/oma-user1 and
> https://FQDN/oma-user2, etc (we only have a small number of users, so
> this would be practical). Does anyone have any practical experience of
> whether this will work (I guess it depends on whether Windows Mobile
> will use a different cookie for each URL), or better suggestions?
>
> I am aware of Lee Derbyshire's fine-looking "OWA for WAP" product, but
> for now we are looking to implement this without recourse to 3rd-party
> software.
>
> --
> Regards,
> Steve.

0
leakim (8)

Re-build Exchange 2003 AD
How would I go about re-building my Exchange Server 2003 AD? Something is not right with the OS it keep re-boot about once a day. I would like to re-install W2k3 and exchange and then restore the Information Store with out restore the C and D drives. Thanks for your help! "Maida" <Maida@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1B2B95D4-BE8C-4719-A657-7C1651244342@microsoft.com... > How would I go about re-building my Exchange Server 2003 AD? Something is > not > right with the OS it keep re-boot about once a day. I would like to > re-install W2k3 and...

How do I configure Outlook to microsoft Exchange server.
Everytime I try to open my Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 a small box appears saying " Configuring Outlook Accounts". Then a small window appears saying " Microsoft Exchange Server is unavailable". How can I fix this? I have Windows Pro XP on my computer. I need a simple answer if possible. I am not a computer wiz :) Use the mail applet in the control panel to remove the exchange account, then configure the correct type, pop mail? "Zoe" <Zoe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A9D633AF-C17C-40BA-B718-8807EEACCA0B@microsoft.com......

account registure listing order
How do I change the listing in the account registure from the oldes transaction first to the newest transacton first -- Poor old fart Depending on version, click on the header "Date" in the register. Or, pull down the View pull down, select the Sort by pull out and go from there. "tomkatlee" <tomkatlee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E32E013C-2063-41E2-B365-75480E5DCA6E@microsoft.com... > How do I change the listing in the account registure from the oldes > transaction first to the newest transacton first ...

SBS 2008
Title says it all.. I need to setup some Exchange 2007 Transport Rules to BCc *all* mail to a mail Enabled Public Folder for archiving purposes. I find if I create them in ESM then I cannot target a Public Folder ...only a Mailbox. I need them in a Public Folder and not a Mailbox. I think I'm going to need to do this in the Power Shell but am not that familiar with what syntax to enter. The mail-enabled Public Folder already exists, I just need the syntax for creation of the rules. Are there any good guides or references for this ? Jim wrote: >Titl...

Exchange 2000 System Manager
Can Exchange 2000 system manager run on Windows Server 2003? Thanks There's no need to. You can manage Exchange 2000 servers with Exchange Server 2003 ESM. -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT www.zenprise.com blog: www.suneja.com/blog ----------------------------------------- "John" <John@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A03589D2-B6EA-43F5-809B-44BD44BD6F0C@microsoft.com... > Can Exchange 2000 system manager run on Windows Server 2003? > Thanks Thanks for replying. The ESM for 2003 will not effect the Exchange 2000 enviornment? I need to setup a new b...

Outlook client on CRM server and Exchange server
Hi, I have read in some discussion group that Outlook client should not be installed on CRM server and Exchange server. Does it affect e-mail sending and receiving via CRM? If so, and if it is installed on these servers, will uninstalling these solve any e-mail problems? Since I am getting A SOAP error occurred: '80070005Access is denied. ' when I am trying to send email from CRM. Thanks in advance, Bilge Gul Hi, I found the reason of the 'A SOAP error occurred: '80070005Access is denied. ' error. On the Exchange Server, the MSCRMConnector Virtual Directory should...

Exchange 2007 public folders....
I installed exch2007 beta2 and chose "no outlook 2003 clients" during installation. I think by doing this, the default public folder store is not created. I manually created a new pf store via the gui, then used powershell to create a new public folder. however outlook (2007 beta2) does not see the public folder hierarchy. is there something im missing? On Fri, 25 Aug 2006 14:17:26 -0400, "Jimmy" <j@j.j> wrote: >I installed exch2007 beta2 and chose "no outlook 2003 clients" during >installation. I think by doing this, the default public fold...

Not sending mail thru Dfault account . Help pls.!!!
Hi all, I have Exchange server installed on SBS 2000 server. My users use outlook 2002 as there e-mail client. I have configured exchange server but this server is only for internal use (it can't send or recive any external mail). I have set it up cos I wanted to make use of "Public Folders" functionality. This alowes you to share Calender, Task, Contacts.... with other users. The real E-mail account (the one that can send recive external mail) is account provided by ouwer internet provider. So I am useing SMTP account as a default account in outlook and I have configured ou...

how does one convert a publisher file into a jpeg or gif file for.
for recipients with older email versions, such as Outlook 2000? I need to convert a multiple page publication, not just the first page. >-----Original Message----- >for recipients with older email versions, such as Outlook 2000? >I need to convert a multiple page publication, not just the first page. >. > Your question is puzzling. First you are rambling about convert "publisher file into a jpeg." If you are using Publisher 2003, choose Save as from the File drop down menu and in Save as type box, scroll down to JPEG File Interchange Format (* .jpg). I have no ide...

can't get account to balance
I have tried balancing my checking account in Money2005 Deluxe. I had been able to and suddenly in March of this year there was an amount there that I couldn't, at that time track down. Usually I'd go to the balance account section, enter in my ending balance and date, and the amount of difference was $0, so the account was in balance and it was usually a 30 sec process to balance the account. Somehow I checked something as being reconciled that maybe wasn't. Is there a way to start that process out from where it was originally?? That is, when I first started the proces...

Can any one help me for synchroniing outlook and squirrel mail
Hello , I have a problem with my outlook. The mails sent from squirrel mail are not being appeared(In sent items folder) in Outlook and even the vice-versa. Can any one help me out. Our Boss is going nuts on me for this small reason. Thank you for any kind of help. What is Squirrel Mail and how does it relate/connect to Outlook? "My Discussion" <phanikumar15@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1141286432.289395.245010@v46g2000cwv.googlegroups.com... > Hello , > > I have a problem with my outlook. > > The mails sent from squirrel mail are not being appeared(...

Help with ldifde or adfind AD<>Exchange
* Also posted in the AD forum Hi, I have a request to separate mail-enabled contacts and legitimate exchange mail boxes which are combined in our exchange organization. I'm trying to get this data from the following attribute: msExchHomeServerName msExchHomeServerName: /o=OrganizationName/ou=Mail-01/cn=Configuration/cn=Servers <--- this is where the contacts & mailboxes are combined Here's a sample ldifde command: ldifde -f output.ldf -s dc12003 -d "dc=snetworks,dc=com" -p subtree -r "(&(objectCategory=person)(objectClass=User)(msExchHomeServerName=...

How can a button automatically increase a value by one?
Using Excel 2002. I have a simple list of numeric data and I want to have a button for each item which will simply increase the value of the item by 1. I can't seem to do this without getting a circular reference. Try Eg: You have a number in A1 and try the following macro. What the macro is doing adding 1 to A1 (in D1) then copy- paste valu in D1 itself then copying the value of D1 to A1. Sub Macro1() Range("D1").Select ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "=RC[-3]+1" Range("D1").Select Selection.Copy Range("D1").Select Selection.PasteSpecial Paste:=xl...

User Copy Security
Hello: Without using Advanced Security, is there a feature within regular security setup where you can copy security settings from one user to another user? The client does not have HR or Manufacturing, so using the Copy/Compare button is not an option. I read in a GP training manual that Great Plains Tech Support has a means of providing a feature called User Copy Security. There is no such Professional Service Tool in the Library. Is this a new product or something that you have to e-mail Professional Services about in order to get? Also, I have a "sub question". On my...

Missing WMI Classes for Exchange Perfmon Counters
I have a report that I created which collects information from various places (Active Directory, Exchange, Event Logs, and Performance Counters) in order to compile a detailed report about the Information Stores on one of our Exchange 2003 clusters. I have recently discovered that the report fails to run when the cluster is running on node 1 because the WMI classes that I use to pull information out of the Performance Counters are not installed/registered for some reason. Specifically, I am trying to use the "Win32_PerfRawData_MSExchangeIS_MSExchangeISMailbox" class, but whe...

Mac user with pointless Office
Hello, Dear Microsoft developers, I'm a Mac user, who's new to Mac. And I used to be Windows user as most of the people. The thing I'm sad about now is the Microsoft Office for the mac. As an Arabic user, I can't read nor write in Arabic at Word, or any of the Microsoft program, which was a huge disappoint for me. Now though, with the news of the new Microsoft Office for mac, all of Arab users are waiting and hoping that there will be an Arabic support. I wish that you give me your response and tell me if there will be an Arabic support or not? knowing that the Office on window...

DPM end user recovery issues
Servers OS: 2008 R2 Clients: Vista, Windows 7 Existing DPM: 2010 RC PROBLEM: Unfortunately the network was recovering from a forced-removal of the previous DPM 2007 SP1 Server. The Server was simply removed from the network without de-installation. DPM 2010 RC was subsequently installed and appeared to be working correctly except for EUR (End user Recovery). According to the admin the EUR AD wizard was run successfully. Users are not able to view previous versions despite the fact that the RPs exist on the DPM server. Restores from backups have been tested on the new serve...

SQL report as dashboard to filter for Current user cannot user CRMAF_ #2
First off I cannot use the default filters because the report is being generated for a dashboard and not a CRM Report, however it is being created via an SRS Report. I simply need a way to filter the report for the current user only, I found this query which gives the system user but this will not match up to the Account owner because of its format. select fullname from FilteredSystemUser where domainname = SUSER_SNAME() Gives: CRM Admin I need, Admin, CRM ...

Auto-forwarding private messages in Exchange 2003
In Exchange 5.5 you could set an auto-forward from one account to another without having the Private and confidential items included. In Exchange 2003 it appears to forward all messages when setting it in Delivery Options. Is there a way to exclude these items without having to set a rule in every mailbox seperately ? -- Regards, Marc On Tue, 19 Jul 2005 06:37:03 -0700, "Marc" <Marc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >In Exchange 5.5 you could set an auto-forward from one account to another >without having the Private and confidential items included. In Exchange 20...

Need to Reset a Site Folder in Exchange 2003 Server... GUIDGEN.EXE Q
I need to reset a site folder using GUIDGEN.EXE because of an offline address book problem that I've been having, when people sync in Outlook: 10:07:25 Microsoft Exchange offline address book 10:07:25 0X8004010F Anyhow, I'm following the instructions here: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q822444 And I'm a little worried about "When you create a new site folder, the data that was previously contained in the original site folder is lost." Will this blow away my public folders, and I'll lose the data? Does anyone have any experience they...

Multi-user but one Outlook
Hello, I want to step over from OE to Outlook (2000 that goes with my actual Office)but there are some questions arraising, where I am looking for help and advices. 1. On my lap I have 2 users (both mines) , one in the office on LAN with proxy, the other for home on modem. But I want both users use the same Outlook, with the same Inbox, contacts, sent items, ... How can I do that? Where are the different folders located and how can I bring the 2 instances to use the same folder location, but also avoid that messages are stored twice. I leave indeed always a copy for 30 days on the provi...

Tracking users who open my workbook
Sorry ... continuation of my previous e-mail. The hidden worksheet or separate workbook to be set up for example ... so username is in column A, date column B and time in column C. Fred Flintstone hu kiteb: > Sorry ... continuation of my previous e-mail. > > The hidden worksheet or separate workbook to be set up for example > ... so username is in column A, date column B and time in column C. What's to stop someone from copying the file and viewing it locally, or viewing it without making changes? It is quite easy for a given user to see the contents without forcing a sav...

Exchange 5.5 within a AD domain?
Hello, What do I need to think about if I want to upgrade my NT 4.0 domain, containing a single Exchange 5.5 server, to Win2k3 AD??? Will my Exchange 5.5 server continue to run?? Troy You will not be able to upgrade the Exchange 5.5 server to w2003. You should check out Microsoft's site for AD deployment / Migration papers. http://support.microsoft.com/winsvr2003ad "Troy Bruder" <troy.bruder@aptconsulting.com> wrote in message news:%233RbVI3wEHA.2676@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Hello, > > What do I need to think about if I want to upgrade my NT 4.0 domain, ...

Exchange 2003 Notfication from Monitor and Status
Can anyone tell me how to change the from email address that the Exchange System Manager uses to send notification emails about the status/monitor? We keep getting these alert emails put in the outook junk folder and when we try to put it in the whitelist it fails because it isn't a valid smtp email address format as it isn't fully qualified. The address shows as wmi@hostname without the .ca Regards, Brian ...

hiding users from the global address list
When trying to hide a user from the global address list in Exchange 2003, the user is still visible in the global address list. Is there an area that needs to be configured that will hide the user immediately from the global address list? Thanks.... Are the users using Outlook 2003 in cached mode, therefore an address book rebuild/download is required? -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange news, links, and tips, check: http://www.msexchangeblog.com "JohnnyG" <JohnnyG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:795C4BC5-F35A-4820-B395-48C008EF6BC4@microsoft.co...