Muliple Exchange OMA User Accounts from One SmartPhone

I wish to be able to access multiple user accounts (all on the same
Exchange 2003 server) from a single smartphone running Windows Mobile
5.0. After setting up OMA on Exchange and the smartphone and visiting
https://FQDN/oma all works well after entering the username and
password for one account, but then the smartphone remembers the login
(presumably via a cookie) for future visits to the same URL.

There seems to be no easy way to delete the cookie on the smartphone,
so all subsequent accesses to OMA go straight through to the same user
account. One way I have considered tackling this is to add multiple
virtual directories (aliases) for the real OMA folder on the Exchange
server, so we can use URLs like https://FQDN/oma-user1 and
https://FQDN/oma-user2, etc (we only have a small number of users, so
this would be practical). Does anyone have any practical experience of
whether this will work (I guess it depends on whether Windows Mobile
will use a different cookie for each URL), or better suggestions?

I am aware of Lee Derbyshire's fine-looking "OWA for WAP" product, but
for now we are looking to implement this without recourse to 3rd-party
software.

--
Regards,
Steve.

I think you can try to change session time-out.
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dafc9621-7b71-42fa-b1cb-3ea63e15ad04.aspx

Try :
system.web.sessionState
or
browserCAPs.supportsBackNavWithExpiresHeader

Good luck.

"spm" <nospam@coco.dot.co.dot.uk> a �crit dans le message de news:
xn0f3una51hlg7000@news.microsoft.com...
>I wish to be able to access multiple user accounts (all on the same
> Exchange 2003 server) from a single smartphone running Windows Mobile
> 5.0. After setting up OMA on Exchange and the smartphone and visiting
> https://FQDN/oma all works well after entering the username and
> password for one account, but then the smartphone remembers the login
> (presumably via a cookie) for future visits to the same URL.
>
> There seems to be no easy way to delete the cookie on the smartphone,
> so all subsequent accesses to OMA go straight through to the same user
> account. One way I have considered tackling this is to add multiple
> virtual directories (aliases) for the real OMA folder on the Exchange
> server, so we can use URLs like https://FQDN/oma-user1 and
> https://FQDN/oma-user2, etc (we only have a small number of users, so
> this would be practical). Does anyone have any practical experience of
> whether this will work (I guess it depends on whether Windows Mobile
> will use a different cookie for each URL), or better suggestions?
>
> I am aware of Lee Derbyshire's fine-looking "OWA for WAP" product, but
> for now we are looking to implement this without recourse to 3rd-party
> software.
>
> --
> Regards,
> Steve.

0
leakim (8)

Microsoft Outlook 2003 with Two Hotmail Accounts FIX
I like many of you, have have had problems using two Hotmail accounts with Outlook. I contacted Hotmail Tech support, and they gave me the following answer: I also suggest that you use "Outlook Express" instead of "Microsoft Outlook" to be able to set-up your two Hotmail accounts with an HM Offline program. The only article I have seen on the Microsoft Knowledge Base was one in reference to Two Hotmail Accounts with Outlook 2000. I think I have fixed my problem. First, I deleted the mail profile (Control panel - Mail). Then I readded the Two Hotmail accounts. What I ...

can't open CRM user manager
Hi, when I tried to open the user manager under the "Deployment Manager", I get error message "The server localhost is not avaliable."This might happen if it is not currently avaliable, it is not a Microsoft CRM server,or you do not have Sufficient privilege to run user manager." Thank you very much >-----Original Message----- >Hi, >when I tried to open the user manager under the "Deployment Manager", I get >error message "The server localhost is not avaliable."This might happen if >it is not currently avaliable, it is not a Mic...

money 2007 account setupas
Hello, I have Money 2006 and 2007. I am trying to setup my accounts fresh in 2007. So far I have one credit card account setup and I have my personal checking account with bank "a". When I try to add a second business checking account also with bank "a" it wants my online update login info. I don't have any and it wont proceed without it. If I give it my Windows Live info it just says it couldn't login and ends the setup. Is there some setting I can change to get Money 2007 to just let me setup my accounts manually? Thanks, Lou Essential or other E...

Exchange maintenance tools
I'm looking for any 3rd party products that can be used to automate Exchange maintenance tasks such as ESEUTIL and ISINTEG. So far, I have only found GOExchange by Lucid8. According to their FAQ's, there are no other companies that provide such a product. I find that hard to believe. Does anyone know of other products like this? Has anyone ever used GOexchange? Thanks I think you will find that most of the folks on here do not advocate using these kinds of tools on any regular basis and would in fact say not use them unless you absolutely have too. I can honestly say that I have...

Muliple Critera
Hello, I have a query that refers to fields in a form to search. Form (frm1) Field names / search critera are as follows: Date Start Date End Branch / Plant SIN I was wondering, how can I configure the select query that if one of the fields above is left blank or Null that it will still work based on fields that are not null? For example, I have no Start or End date however have SIN (Short Item number) meaning that I want all records based on this SIN only. I cant get it to work if fileds are null. I have tried placing the criteria in the OR field and still doesnt work....

Can the user's name be removed from the header of printed messages?
Hello, One of our bosses has several secretaries who print out some of his mails for him to read. When they print the mail, their names are in the header, in large, bold characters. The boss finds that distracting. How can we remove the secretaries' names completely from the header of the printed message please? I hope it's not using forms on every single folder/message type... Outlook 2003 with Exchange 2003. Thanks, - Alan. ...

Alternative recovery forest with Exchange 2003
I have to use an alternative recovery forest with Exchange 2003 to recover some pre-sp1 public folders and mailboxes. The problem is that i have to use a robot tape changer in my production segment to read my backup tape. How can i build an active directory infrastructure with the same name as my production directory without being in trouble? Thanks On Thu, 18 Aug 2005 11:13:08 -0700, "Daystrom" <Daystrom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have to use an alternative recovery forest with Exchange 2003 to recover >some pre-sp1 public folders and mailboxes. The pro...

Freight account in Item Account Maintenance window
Needed to indicate a freight account in Item Account Maintenance window so that when the item is being sold from a specific site in SOP, the freight account will automatically be updated. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Busines...

Exchange Errors
I am exeriencing errors with my Exchange 5.5 Servers. I am receiving Error Event ID 9322 constantly. An interface error has occurred. An MTABindBack over RPC has failed. What is the best way to address this? Event ID 9318 An RPC communications error occured. Unable to bind over RPC locality table LTAB index 45 NT.MTA error code 1753. Thanks... Exchange 5.5 on Windows 2000 member servers. Rustom Add the netbios and fqdn of the two machines involved to the host file (4 total entries). Copy the file to both machines - restart MTA. Still having issues - look for teaming nics. -- Hop...

why this error with no exchange running?
I disabled exchange 5.5 after migrating and now I have many messages like these on that machine. Event Type: Warning Event Source: WinMgmt Event Category: None Event ID: 41 Date: 6/28/2004 Time: 6:54:53 PM User: N/A Computer: machine2 Description: WMI ADAP was unable to create object index 19296 for Performance Library ESE97 because no value was found in the 009 subkey --- and this Description: WMI ADAP was unable to create object index 18370 for Performance Library MSExchangeDS because no value was found in the 009 subkey --- and this Description: WMI ADAP was unable to create object inde...

Outlook integration killing Exchange
Hello all, I have several client PCs with the CRM 3.0 Outlook integration installed. These clients are completely killing my Exchange 2003 server throughout the day. I've set a couple of them to sync every 30 minutes, and to NOT sync on start. However, this solution worries me because I can not promise users they are looking at 100% accurate information. Has anybody else seen this happen? My 20 users all complain about a general slowness of their systems and warnings that the system is running low on resources. This obviously concerns me, as I am the person supporting them. On the Exchang...

Exchange 2003 Mangement
Hi What is a good program for managing Exchange 2003 ? Thanks Have you tried the Admin program that ships with Exchange? Is there anything specific you are after? "Fred Bloggs" wrote: > Hi > > What is a good program for managing Exchange 2003 ? > > Thanks > > > Hi What do you mean by manage? If you are after events alerts, health/performance monitoring, then you can't go past Microsoft Operations Manager 2005, see here: http://www.microsoft.com/mom/default.mspx Regards Ben Hoffman MCP (Win2000 Pro/Server & Exchange 2003 Admi...

SBS Exchange 2003
Incoming mail from an externally hosted application is addressed to & is from the same e-mail address (sender is user@domain.com & recipient is the same address) The mail is being rejected by Exchange 2003 SBS. The sending application logs show- Failure Reason: Error transferring to mail.domian.com; SMTP Protocol Returned a Permanent Error 554 5.1.0 Sender Denied If the message is sento to another internal address as well, rejection message refers to 250 2.1.5 Does anyone have an idea as to what settings will cause this problem of rejecting mail sent from an external source fro...

Consolidate Muliple tabs
Hi, first time poster. What I am trying to do is roll up 4 tabs in a workbook to one tab consolidated. The problem is that I have to roll them up in a chart of accounts format. So, for example if the account number starts with 61 it is office supplies, 73 leased equipment, ect. What I can't figure out is how to have all of the acct #'s that fall into a given criteria to add up the actual's in another column that match the account # criteria. Thx Hi, One easy way might be to put your criteria in a separate column before the account number column, and keep a hidden running...

Outlook 2003 & Exchange
I just installed an evaluation version of Outlook 2003. Now I cannot get my exchange server to recognize my name. When I input my information and hit the check name button this is the response I recieve. "The name could not be resolved. The selection specification is too complex. Use fewer or less complex restriction." I know that my Exchange server name is correct. I also am using the same mailbox that I used in Outlook XP. If I hit ok, outlook tries to connect and I get this response. Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook. Unable to open the Outlook window. The set o...

Auto Response with Exchange 5.5
I would like to create a auto response with Exchange 5.5. So when someone sends mail to careers@domain.com I can have an automated response go back. But I can't setup rules inside of outlook and keep it attached to the server I would like to make some sort of server side rule if possible?? Any suggestions? Thanks, BiG On Fri, 12 Aug 2005 15:09:59 -0400, bigdogg <bigdogg33_2000@yahoo.com> wrote: >I would like to create a auto response with Exchange 5.5. So when >someone sends mail to careers@domain.com I can have an automated >response go back. But I can't ...

one chart, two worksheets
I have a worksheet with 2010 data and one with 2011 data. I'd like to make one chart where I can compare the 2 years of data. Can someone help? Thanks, Pat ...

Symantec Security for Exchange
Anyone have problems installing Symantec Mail Secuity for Microsoft Exchange? The new Exchange antivirus version from Symantec. 5.X (I have worked with Symantec support to no avail) Standar Exchange 2003 patched to date Standard Server 2003 patched to date The setup barely begins and.. Installsheild Wizard reports: The wizard was interrupted before Symantec mail Secuirty for Microsoft Exchange could be completed... Please run setup again. All Windows has to say: Event ID 11708 Event Type: Information Event Source: MsiInstaller Event Category: None Event ID: 11708 Date: 12/26/2006 Time: ...

CDF Contacts, without Accounts
Hello Many thanks in advance I have quite a bunch of contact that I would like to add to CRM 1.2. I was wondering if it was possible to load just the contacts only and no accounts ? So the only data that I will load will be cdf_contacts Thank you vikrantc Yes, the Contacts do not have to be associated with an Account. Matt Parks ---------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- On Fri, 30 Apr 2004 12:11:04 -0700, vikrantca <vikrantca@hotmail.com> wrote: Hello, Many thanks in advance. I have quite a bunch of contact that I would like to add to CRM 1.2...

Exchange server 2000 Problem #2
I have issues generating within an Exchange 2000 Server. All updates and service packs have been applied recently. However, I have some messages and calendar items that can not be dismissed or deleted. Regardless of the user action from within outlook these items reappear over a non-specific amount of time. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.... Thanks. have you run Outlook for these clients with the /cleanreminder switch? "Doug Bowen" <DougBowen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:77879FA7-E802-42DA-ACB0-B0267B5F82F7@microsoft.com... > I have...

MS Exchange External Contact Messages being Bounced
Greetings - I am working on a problem with a newly installed MS Exchange 2003 server. We just migrated from Novell to Microsoft. We have about 50 Salespeople in our organization that are set-up as external contacts and we want to be able to have external contacts use salesrep@ourdomain.com and have that resolve to salesrep@isp.com. The error mesage below is what is recieved when we try this. ***error message*** From: System Administrator Sent: Monday, October 04, 2004 8:35 AM To: salesrep@ourdomain.com Subject: Undeliverable:test 834am 1004 Your message did not reach some or all of ...

Select one variable from a list of variables by clicking one cell
I am updating a Excel 2000 spreadsheet that displays a single cell to list one of a number of verables. The cell, when clicked, displays a "down arrow" box that then refers to the variables list from which to select. I need to duplicate that function. You can do this with Data>Validation. In the Allow box choose "List" and then in the "Source" either type in your variables seperated by commas or enter the range that holds the list. This can be a named range if the list is on another worksheet. Hope this helps Rowan "Curt" wrote: > I am ...

Slow connection with Exchange Connector to Exchange 5.5
Hi, We have a windows 2000 SP4 server with Exchange 5.5 SP4. About 300 connect to this server using Outlook 98 and Outlook 2003, about 50 of them over WAN-connections. All users use "Exchange connector" in Outlook to connect. When the server is started everything works as it should and access i fast. But from there it slows down until the WAN-users can't connect anymore about 2-3 days later. If I set up an IMAP4 or POP3 connection from the PC's of the WAN-users they can connect just fine. There are also no error-messages on the mail-server (event viewer). Any ideas ...

Exchange 5.5 Recovery #2
I just want to verify what steps are needed to recover a Exchange 5.5 server with multiple sites. Do I re-install Exchange on the new server and create a new site (same Domain, Site and Server name) not join an existing site? Then do a restore of the stores and directory? I have done recoveries in the past in a single site scenario but not one with multiple sites. Please advice! Thanks if you're talking about a recovery server, yes, you create a new site (do not join existing site), but do not restore the directory...no need...restore only the Stores, then run the DS/IS consistency c...

Configure email (Outlook 2003) to use HTTP proxy (NOT exchange server)
I have been searching through this newsgroup and others also, but I just can't seem to find anything. In my company there is an Exchange server but not a mail server. The mail server is on the internet. So the employees use Outlook 2003 with Exchange and email accounts. We are installing a proxy server but as I looked at the connection settings for email accounts the only thing I saw was: -Connect using LAN -Using Phone line -Using Internet Explorers or 3 party dialer Do I have to install some plug-in to give the proxy/firewall setting or what? Help will be appreciated. Thank you. ...