Event ID: 2061
Date:  1/17/2006
Time:  8:34:18 PM
User:  N/A
Computer: AUSTIN2K3
Process MAD.EXE (PID=2084). An LDAP search call failed - Server=<server
fqdn> Error code=80040957. Base DN=, Filter=(legacyExchangeDN=), Scope=2.

Running Windows 2003 SP1, AD + Exchange 2003 SP2 on the same server.

Any clues?  Thanks in advance.

Alex.

0
hfamili (3)

See if it helps:

http://eventid.net/display.asp?eventid=2061&eventno=1784&source=MSExchangeDSAccess&phase=1

Julian Dragut
"Alex" <hfamili@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Every 20 minutes we get the following error event:
>
> Event Type: Error
> Event Source: MSExchangeDSAccess
> Event Category: LDAP
> Event ID: 2061
> Date:  1/17/2006
> Time:  8:34:18 PM
> User:  N/A
> Computer: AUSTIN2K3
> Process MAD.EXE (PID=2084). An LDAP search call failed - Server=<server
> fqdn> Error code=80040957. Base DN=, Filter=(legacyExchangeDN=), Scope=2.
>

> Running Windows 2003 SP1, AD + Exchange 2003 SP2 on the same server.
>
> Any clues?  Thanks in advance.
>
> Alex.

Julian post is spot on. There is a communication error between your exchange
server and your GC server(s). If necessary you can specify which GCs to use.

Nue

"Julian Dragut" <julian.dragut@itsm.ca> wrote in message
> See if it helps:
>
> http://eventid.net/display.asp?eventid=2061&eventno=1784&source=MSExchangeDSAccess&phase=1
>

> Julian Dragut
> "Alex" <hfamili@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> Every 20 minutes we get the following error event:
>>
>> Event Type: Error
>> Event Source: MSExchangeDSAccess
>> Event Category: LDAP
>> Event ID: 2061
>> Date:  1/17/2006
>> Time:  8:34:18 PM
>> User:  N/A
>> Computer: AUSTIN2K3
>> Process MAD.EXE (PID=2084). An LDAP search call failed - Server=<server
>> fqdn> Error code=80040957. Base DN=, Filter=(legacyExchangeDN=), Scope=2.
>>

>> Running Windows 2003 SP1, AD + Exchange 2003 SP2 on the same server.
>>
>> Any clues?  Thanks in advance.
>>
>> Alex.

0
imaneophyte (3005)

2078 Event on 5.5 SP4
All- Recently I noticed the following event being logged in our Exchange Server (5.5 SP4 on NT4 SP6a) on a very frequent basis: ----- Event Type: Error Event Source: MSExchangeIS Private Event Category: Transfer Out Of Gateway Event ID: 2078 Date: 11/20/2003 Time: 10:40:39 AM User: N/A Computer: SAGENTEXCH Description: Unable to submit, send or transfer out a message. Check PR_RECIPIENT_NUMBER, PR_RECIPIENT_TYPE, PR_REPORT_TIME. ----- I searched this newsgroup and found someone else having a similar problem - the following article was referenced there: http://support.microsoft.com/...

Can a particular event be excluded from system event log?
I'm running XP Pro SP3 and my system log is difficult to monitor because it's overwhelmed by hundreds of innocuous information events, all with the same event number. Is there a way of preventing these particular events from appearing in the log, short of filtering out all information type events? The PC is an HP DC6005 MT with integrated ATI Radeon HD 4200 graphics. Offending event details are: Source - ati2mtag; Category - DVD-OV; ID - 62464; User- N/A; Description - UVD Information. The events are associated with video rendering and can be suppressed by modifying...

TreeView HotTracking Event,...
Hi, is there any Event that will be fired on a TreeView Control if a node "hot tracks" on a mouse over event? The Target Control is a "WindowsForms10.SysListView32.app.0.378734a" TreeView Class from .NET 2.0. It can be hooked and its WndProc can be overwritten to filter any Window Messages,... TIA Regards Kerem -- ----------------------- Beste Gr�sse / Best regards / Votre bien devoue Kerem G�mr�kc� Latest Project: http://www.codeplex.com/restarts Latest Open-Source Projects: http://entwicklung.junetz.de ----------------------- "This reply is provided as is, w...

Event ID: 9562
Hi, I have a user that can not be migrated from Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2003. I notice that his MSADGlobal attributes are not present, neither, in Exchange 5.5 or Exchange 2003. I not sure if they can be manually set, I really don’t want to recreate the user account. The event log shows the following event id: Event Type: Error Event Source: MSExchangeIS Event Category: General Event ID: 9562 Date: 5/8/2006 Time: 10:10:31 AM User: N/A Computer: ESD1MXSEATELEX Description: Failed to read attribute msExchUserAccountControl from Active Directory for /O=WA.GOV/OU=ESD1/CN=SEATTLE CALL C...

RMB Down event question
Hi, I have a dialog which has several push buttons and a smaller child dialog in it. I want to recieve the event of RMB Down on the area of the bigger dialog (even if the cursor was on one of the buttons or on the smaller child window). Is it possible to recieve the event in the bigger dialog class ? (I want to avoid the headache of deriving the button of the dialog and deriving the buttons of the small dialog, catch the event in the derived classes, and sending a message to the big dialog... ). Yoav. On Tue, 10 Jul 2007 09:41:53 +0300, "Yoavo" <yoav@cimatron.co.il>...

MSExchangeDSAccess Event 2061
Every 20 minutes we get the following error event: Event Type: Error Event Source: MSExchangeDSAccess Event Category: LDAP Event ID: 2061 Date: 1/17/2006 Time: 8:34:18 PM User: N/A Computer: AUSTIN2K3 Description: Process MAD.EXE (PID=2084). An LDAP search call failed - Server=<server fqdn> Error code=80040957. Base DN=, Filter=(legacyExchangeDN=), Scope=2. Running Windows 2003 SP1, AD + Exchange 2003 SP2 on the same server. Any clues? Thanks in advance. Alex. See if it helps: http://eventid.net/display.asp?eventid=2061&eventno=1784&source=MSExchangeDSAccess&...

How can I create my own events?
I need a class to send events to a dialog window I have created "Chris Baker" <ChrisBaker@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AA81315F-8765-4CF3-AC01-526FF4FADBC0@microsoft.com... > I need a class to send events to a dialog window I have created > CDialog MyDialog; MyDialog.SendMessage(MessageNumber, wParam, lParam); class MyClass { public: MyClass(CWnd *Target); private: void DoSomething(); CWnd *m_TargetWindow; }; MyClass::MyClass(CWnd *Target) { m_TargetWindow = *Target; } void MyClass::DoSomething() { m_TargetWindow->SendMess...

Which service controls MSExchangeDSAccess?
Which service does MSExchangeDSAccess run under? I know that mad.exe is run by the System Attendant service. MSExchangeDSAccess is like a sub-module of another service. Not sure which one however. System Attendant. -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT www.zenprise.com blog: www.suneja.com/blog ----------------------------------------- "Spin" <Spin@spin.com> wrote in message news:3s7k2uFmpgefU1@individual.net... > Which service does MSExchangeDSAccess run under? I know that mad.exe is > run by the System Attendant service. MSExchangeDSAccess is like a > sub-...

how do i create a calendar in excel that can sort events by type?

Event ID: 8277
Event Type: Error Event Source: MSExchangeFBPublish Event Category: General Event ID: 8277 Date: 13/02/2004 Time: 02:00:56 User: N/A Computer: JUPITER Description: Error while getting sorted message table for duplicate message deletion on virtual machine JUPITER. The error number is 0x80004005. For more information, click http://www.microsoft.com/contentredirect.asp. found the following article on the m$soft web site; http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=284200 follwed this article and still get the problem in the early hours of the morning. the previous message in the event log is as foll...

which event?
Hi friends, I just wanted to know which event is triggered whebn someone deletes or modifies only a single occurance of a recurring appointment. I tried to catch the itemremove and itemchange events but they are not triggered when only one occurence is changed. So could anyone please help in this regard. Thank you... ...

reinstall Exchange Event Service
Hi, I have a problem to reinstall Exchange Event Service. I am using Exchange 5.5. I want to reinstall exchange event service because it causes some errors. I removed the exchange event service using exchange 5.5 setup program and I applied SP4 immediately. It causes the exchange event service is installed (I found it is in the services MMC and still exist after reboot). So I added the exchange event service using exchange 5.5 setup program but I got an error when started the service. An unexpected MAPI error occured. Error returned was [0x80004005] I tried to remove the exchange event serv...

ribbon and event
I have created a custon ribbon with Custon Ui Editor for a .xlam file. It seems work fine. Is it need write something in ThisWorkbook module in Workbook_Open and Workbook_BeforeClose event like a custon bar in excel 2003? Or add something other in file? thx You open the workbook that you want to install it in within the Custom UI editor, and then save it. The ribbon extension gets saved with the workbook, in a file called customUI.xml. Thus it will be available next time. -- --- HTH Bob (there's no email, no snail mail, but somewhere should be gmail in my addy) "Ma...

Simultaneous Events
I have a process where, after a certain activity, two additional events will take place simultaneously. For example, when activity #6 is completed, activity #7 and #8 occur simultaneously, and then the continued path from #7 and from #8 head in totally different directions. I am not sure how to handle this. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. On Fri, 1 Feb 2008 13:22:00 -0800, PA <PA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a process where, after a certain activity, two additional events will >take place simultaneously. For example, when activity #6 is completed...

Why do some .ics go into Events Calendar not my main one?
When I use the "add to calendar" feature on some events I register for, it opens up another calendar in my outlook called "Events" and posts the name of the event at the top but I cannot open it, view it, move it, or anything. I want it to just go into my main calendar. I don't want multiple calendars. Also, ever since I moved ALL of "My Documents" off my hard drive onto an external drive, I typically have to go get a meeting request from my download folder, open it, then "save it" and it then ends up on my calendar. Is there a chang...

Event ID 9519
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------050203000205000406030504 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hello Newsgroup, I'm having a bit of a challenge here. I'm trying to assist a colleague with the following issue. They have a *Windows 2000 server* and a *Exchange Server 2000 Standard* setup. Everything is working fine except that the Exchange server server crashed for reasons that they cannot say. Now I went through and did a *eseutil /mh /r /k /g* and then unfortunately a */p*. Doing all of that brough...

Publisher-Calendar-re-occuring events
How do I have an event carry over to a new calendar without copy and paste? Copy and Paste, or use a database and Merge the information. -- ...

Capture event when exit Column G
I want to code something whenever there's a change in Column G/8. Some users use the Mouse, others use the Tab, others use the Enter key, so it isn't just a Target.Column=9 deal. Would someone please start me in the right direction for coding on exit of a cell in Column G/8? TIA Hi I'd use the slection_change event. Put the following code in your worksheet module: (Note: column G ist the 7th column) Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Range) Static old_column As Integer If Target.Column <> 7 Then If old_column = 7 Then MsgBox "you jus...

Charting timed events throughout a month
I thought I had a simple task to perform for work. Then, I trie charting it in Excel and have not had any luck. I need to take some simple data and for each day of the month, I nee to chart some usage times (24 hour clock). What we want to identify i where simultaneous instances occured. Example data: Date Start Time Stop Time 11/1/03 09:03 09:53 11/1/03 10:21 10:25 11/1/03 10:23 10:54 11/1/03 14:56 15:31 11/1/03 15:17 15:49 I've no clue how to set this up. I thought I mig...

log events in the event log
I want to be able to track when a user connects to their mailbox. I have someone who is trying to connect to other mailboxes and I want this to be log in the event log. I would like to show the user name and the mailbox they tried to connect to in the same event. Is there a way to do this? Thanks in advance for your help... Question for you...Does this person who is attempting to connect to the mailboxes have full exchange administrator rights on the Exchange Org? If so, you may want to refer to a previous post as this same question was asked and then answered. Jermaine "faf19...

Access2000: Which Events?
Hi I have a multi-page form (fmAssets) with a subform sfTransactions based on continous form fmTransactions on one page. All transactions have a TransactionDate field, which is unique for given asset, i.e. only 1 transaction on given day for given asset is allowed. On form fmAsset are some controls, which do contain the current (i.e. today's) value of some transaction field - always the latest transaction is the valid one. What I need, ist to recalculate those controls, whenever on subform sfTransactions a new transaction is entered, some existing transaction is changed, or an exis...

Set accNewRecord from on close event?
I know this must be easy but, I’m stumped. I want to do the following things when a pop up form (thePopUp) is closed… Requery a different sub form (theSubForm) that will be open when thePopUp is open(got that figured out) Set the focus of that same sub form to a new record row So my On Close event of the pop up looks like this: Private Sub ThePopUp_Close () ‘This works… Forms!theMainform!theSubForm.Requery ‘Here is where I’m having the problem… ‘This blows up… DoCmd.GoToRecord acDataForm, Forms!theMainform!theSubFormControl.SourceObject, acNewRec End Sub Any assistance is apprec...

Event 2061 / 2110
Hi- Our front-end Exchange 2003 server seems to be fillings its event logs with the following. Any ideas? Cheers Brett Type: Error Source: MSExchangeDSAccess Event ID: 2061 Event Time: 8/30/2005 9:46:01 AM User: n/a Computer: LSMAIL Description: Process WMIPRVSE.EXE -EMBEDDING (PID=2408). An LDAP search call failed - Server=GMDocs.ls.com Error code=8004090a. Base DN=<GUID=69C22501-E39F-4CBD-A809-6DDC64F69011>, Filter=(objectclass=*), Scope=0. For more information, click http://www.microsoft.com/contentredirect.asp. Type: Error Source: MSExchangeDSAccess Event ID: 2110 Event Time...

Event Viewer Errors in Windows 7 64bit
Hey All, I just recently finished building my own gaming rig and I keep noticing the event in Event Viewer/Custom Views/Administrative Events and see a litany of this same error under Kernel event tracing.: SessionName Circular Kernel Context Logger FileName ErrorCode 3221225525 "Session "Circular Kernel Context Logger" failed to start with the following error: 0xC0000035 I have searched the net and found no resolution. I don't think this is serious, but but I would like to resolve this if possible if anyone here can give some help. Thank...

MSExchangeDSAccess, event 2114
Dear All, we have Window Active directory 2003, Exchange 2003 service pack 1 exchange server stopped suddenly users unable to login with this events in the event log althought the active directory is working fine Event Type: Error Event Source: MSExchangeDSAccess Event Category: Topology Event ID: 2114 Date: 1/5/2006 Time: 9:21:54 AM User: N/A Computer: MAIN Description: Process INETINFO.EXE (PID=1860). Topology Discovery failed, error 0x80040931. Regards May Sounds like Exchange is having a tough time contacting Active Directory. Where are your DC's in relation to the...