MSExchange Transport Error NDR Event ID: 3010

I started seeing this error in my Application Event Log. I tracked the
message by the message ID and notice that it tries to deliver it via SMTP
with NDR and then via X.400 and it makes it successfully to the destination
server in the other site. Any idea how to fix it? It is a Public Folder
Update I believe...? I usually see this error twice in a row with different
message ID's

Tracking History
-----------------
Message Tracking History is as follows:
Message received from <5.5-SERVER-NAME> Through X400
SMTP Store Driver: Message Submitted from Store
SMTP: Message Submitted to Advanced Queuing
SMTP: Started Message Submission to Advanced Queue
SMTP: Messaged Submitted to Categorizer
SMTP: Message Categorized and Queued for Routing
SMTP: Message Categorized and Queued for Routing  (yes, this was in the log
twice)
SMTP: Non-Delivery Report (NDR) Generated
SMTP: Message Routed and Queued for Gateway Delivery
SMTP: Message Delivered Locally to Destination-5.5-PubIS@domain.com
SMTP Store Driver Submitted Message to MTA
Message transferred to Server.Domain.com through x.400

Here is the error:
-----------------
Event Type: Error
Event Source: MSExchangeTransport
Event Category: NDR
Event ID: 3010
Date:  2/8/2005
Time:  2:30:05 PM
User:  N/A
Computer: <2003-SERVER-NAME>
A non-delivery report with a status code of 5.1.3 was generated for
recipient
x-ex;/O=<ORG-NAME>/OU=<SITE-NAME>/cn=CONFIGURATION/cn=SERVERS/cn=<5.5-SERVER-NAME>/cn=MICROSOFT
PUBLIC MDB (Message-ID <OMITTED-MESSAGE-ID@FQDN-2003-SERVER-NAME>).
Cause: This message indicates a problem with the address syntax; this means
that the recipient address appears incorrectly on the message. Possible
causes are  1) You configured a contact with a targetAddress attribute with
no address type.  2)Exchange 5.5 allows an SMTP recipient policy which
violates RFC821 (SMTP standards) For example an Exchange 5.5 site and
organization contain an invalid RFC821 domain name.  Having a mixed mode
environment (Exchange 5.5 and Exchange 2000 servers) can cause invalid
target addresses.
Solution: Examine the SMTP recipient policy and ensure that each mail domain
for which you want to accept mail appears correctly.  Verify that the
recipient address is correct.

Data:
0000: 46 05 04 80               F..�

I increased my logging for the MTA and now I see these errors. Can someone
lead me in the right direction?

Event Type: Information
Event Source: MSExchangeMTA
Event Category: Resource
Event ID: 1456
Date:  2/10/2005
Time:  10:37:32 AM
User:  N/A
Computer: <Computer>
Association Recovery Failed - Original RTSE Control Block 2007 in wrong
state 6. [PLATFORM RTSE 20 156] (14)

Event Type: Warning
Event Source: MSExchangeMTA
Event Category: Interface
Event ID: 9316
Date:  2/10/2005
Time:  10:38:24 AM
User:  N/A
Computer: <Computer>
An RPC communications error occurred. No data was sent over the RPC
connection. Locality table (LTAB) index: 146. Windows 2000 error: 125. The
MTA will attempt to recover the RPC connection. [BASE IL KERNEL 19 520] (12)

Event Type: Warning
Date:  2/10/2005
Time:  10:38:24 AM
User:  N/A
Computer: <Computer>
An RPC communications error occurred. No data was sent over the RPC
connection. Locality table (LTAB) index: 146. Windows 2000 error: 9260. The

Date:  2/10/2005
Time:  10:38:24 AM
User:  N/A
Computer: <Computer>
An RPC communications error occurred. No data was sent over the RPC
connection. Locality table (LTAB) index: 146. Windows 2000 error: 0. The MTA
will attempt to recover the RPC connection. [BASE IL KERNEL 19 512] (12)

"FastEddie" <fasteddie@therockwells.net.no.spam> wrote in message
>I started seeing this error in my Application Event Log. I tracked the
>message by the message ID and notice that it tries to deliver it via SMTP
>with NDR and then via X.400 and it makes it successfully to the destination
>server in the other site. Any idea how to fix it? It is a Public Folder
>Update I believe...? I usually see this error twice in a row with different
>message ID's
>
> Tracking History
> -----------------
> Message Tracking History is as follows:
> Message received from <5.5-SERVER-NAME> Through X400
> SMTP Store Driver: Message Submitted from Store
> SMTP: Message Submitted to Advanced Queuing
> SMTP: Started Message Submission to Advanced Queue
> SMTP: Messaged Submitted to Categorizer
> SMTP: Message Categorized and Queued for Routing
> SMTP: Message Categorized and Queued for Routing  (yes, this was in the
> log twice)
> SMTP: Non-Delivery Report (NDR) Generated
> SMTP: Message Routed and Queued for Gateway Delivery
> SMTP: Message Delivered Locally to Destination-5.5-PubIS@domain.com
> SMTP Store Driver Submitted Message to MTA
> Message transferred to Server.Domain.com through x.400
>
> Here is the error:
> -----------------
> Event Type: Error
> Event Source: MSExchangeTransport
> Event Category: NDR
> Event ID: 3010
> Date:  2/8/2005
> Time:  2:30:05 PM
> User:  N/A
> Computer: <2003-SERVER-NAME>
> A non-delivery report with a status code of 5.1.3 was generated for
> recipient
> x-ex;/O=<ORG-NAME>/OU=<SITE-NAME>/cn=CONFIGURATION/cn=SERVERS/cn=<5.5-SERVER-NAME>/cn=MICROSOFT
> PUBLIC MDB (Message-ID <OMITTED-MESSAGE-ID@FQDN-2003-SERVER-NAME>).
> Cause: This message indicates a problem with the address syntax; this
> means that the recipient address appears incorrectly on the message.
> Possible causes are  1) You configured a contact with a targetAddress
> attribute with no address type.  2)Exchange 5.5 allows an SMTP recipient
> policy which violates RFC821 (SMTP standards) For example an Exchange 5.5
> site and organization contain an invalid RFC821 domain name.  Having a
> mixed mode environment (Exchange 5.5 and Exchange 2000 servers) can cause
> invalid target addresses.
> Solution: Examine the SMTP recipient policy and ensure that each mail
> domain for which you want to accept mail appears correctly.  Verify that
> the recipient address is correct.

> Data:
> 0000: 46 05 04 80               F..?

I checked the SMTP email addresses on all my public folder stores in each
site and found an invalid default SMTP address for a PF in a remote site. I
added another address and changed it to the default SMTP address and we'll
see if this fixes this SMTP error. I'll bet it does! I'll repost later today
or Monday for the results.

-FastEddie

> [...]
>> x-ex;/O=<ORG-NAME>/OU=<SITE-NAME>/cn=CONFIGURATION/cn=SERVERS/cn=<5.5-SERVER-NAME>/cn=MICROSOFT
>> PUBLIC MDB (Message-ID <OMITTED-MESSAGE-ID@FQDN-2003-SERVER-NAME>).
>> Cause: This message indicates a problem with the address syntax; this
>> means that the recipient address appears incorrectly on the message.
>> Possible causes are  1) You configured a contact with a targetAddress
>> attribute with no address type.  2)Exchange 5.5 allows an SMTP recipient
>> policy which violates RFC821 (SMTP standards) For example an Exchange 5.5
>> site and organization contain an invalid RFC821 domain name.  Having a
>> mixed mode environment (Exchange 5.5 and Exchange 2000 servers) can cause
>> invalid target addresses.
>> Solution: Examine the SMTP recipient policy and ensure that each mail
>> domain for which you want to accept mail appears correctly.  Verify that

I have not received another error since I made this change. It has been over
6 hours.

This fixed my issue,

-Fast Eddie

> [...]
>>> PUBLIC MDB (Message-ID <OMITTED-MESSAGE-ID@FQDN-2003-SERVER-NAME>).
>>> Cause: This message indicates a problem with the address syntax; this
>>> means that the recipient address appears incorrectly on the message.
>>> Possible causes are  1) You configured a contact with a targetAddress
>>> attribute with no address type.  2)Exchange 5.5 allows an SMTP recipient
>>> policy which violates RFC821 (SMTP standards) For example an Exchange
>>> 5.5 site and organization contain an invalid RFC821 domain name.  Having
>>> a mixed mode environment (Exchange 5.5 and Exchange 2000 servers) can
>>> cause invalid target addresses.
>>> Solution: Examine the SMTP recipient policy and ensure that each mail
>>> domain for which you want to accept mail appears correctly.  Verify that
>>> the recipient address is correct.
>>>
>>> For more information, see Help and Support Center at
>>> Data:
>>> 0000: 46 05 04 80               F..?

Javascript errors
User gets javascript errors when using Premium Display in Outlook 2003 but no errors when using Basic display. Other pc's on same network not exhibiting these error messages. Anyone know a fix? ...

Getting 'An error has occurred' when I Publish my Workflow
The workflow Saves fine, but when I publish I'm getting stopped with a generic dialog box. Any clues? -- Marty I am receiving the same frustrating error message. Have you figured out how to fix this? Thnx in advance. Brian www.jaydien.com support@jaydien.com "Marty" wrote: > The workflow Saves fine, but when I publish I'm getting stopped with a > generic dialog box. Any clues? > -- > Marty I think what did it was I opened and saved the Tasks or Emails I was working on in the workflow and it eventually saved. Also we had a problem where our drive wa...

Managed Folders and Transport Rules
Hi... I would like to use the Custom Managed Folder feature of Exchange 2007. No problem... But I'm not able to create a kind of server side rule for automatic message redirection based on their properties. The goal is to have some messages (e.g. with specific subject, classification...) automaticaly put to the specified (managed) folders. Is there a solution for that...? Any help is appreciated. Thanks a lot. -- IT Manager, Kiekert-CS Unfortunately, E2K7 does NOT do this. It seems like a natural extension of the transport rules and the message records management features, but...

Pass through error 3070
I am using a crosstab query as a control source for a report. The column of the crosstab is the year field of a dataset, the product of which is format([mydate],"yy"). Each year I have to modify the report because it is calculating on the year field (currently 09 and 10) I use VB to loop through a recordset of facilities as criteria for the crosstab and report. This early in the year some facilities have no year "10" so I am getting the error 3070 does not recognize [10] as a fieldname. What can I use in the code to just move on through this error witho...

Problems with MSExchangeAL
Hi Have recently built a new 2003 server running exchange 2003 All has been working well for a couple of days, now I am recieving the following error continusly in the event viewer, updateing about every 2 minutes: Source MSExchangeAL Event id 8331 The service threw an unexpected exception which was caught at f:\titanium\dsa\src\lra\abv_dg\lservagent.cpp(4511) I have just created some new users and their email addresses are not being created for them. I have tried looking for the error number but cannot find any information. Any ideas what is causing this and how I fix it. Thank...

MS POS 1.0 Install error...
Im using XP PRO SP2 ..net 1.1 installed MS SQLServer installed When i try and install MS Point of Sale 1.0 , i get this error message at the end of the install, when it says "Installing and configuring database" ------Error Message------ System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: The system cannot find the file specified at System.Diagnostics.Process.StartWithCreateProcess(ProcessStartInfo startInfo) at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start() at Microsoft.Rms.Installation.CustomActions.Utilities.OpenSqlPortInFirewall(String installPath, String portNumber, String& errorMessage...

Restore error
Upon updating to Money 2004 Deluxe from Money 2001 I get a error that closes Money and attempts to send a report to MS. The error is based on Mnyob99.dll in msmoney.exe. Any help would be appreciated. Jeff ...

error when downloading from hotmail
when i try to send or receive hotmail e-mails i get the following error messages: Task 'Hotmail: Folder:Inbox Synchronizing headers.' reported error (0x800CCC19) : 'A timeout occurred while communicating with the server.' Task 'Hotmail - Sending' reported error (0x800CCC19) : 'The operation timed out waiting for a response from the server.' Hi, Goto Sart --> Run --> type in Msconfig Then select the option of Selective Startup Then uncheck the two options : Load Startup Items and Load system services. Then restart the system and see if the pr...

Installing the CRM Laptop Client error message
"The user id associated with the current record is not valid" is the error message that shows when starting Outlook. We have installed the laptop client on numerous laptops, this has only appeared on one laptop which is a tablet type and the only other difference is that it is running outlook 2003 where all the others are running outlook 2002. The operating system is windows XP on all the laptops. Anyone got any ideas, can't seem to find any other help on this. ...

Crystal Reports Logon Error 05-04-05
I have installed CRM 1.2 on Win 2003 Standard, with SQL2000 on the same server. Everything seems to be working ok, except that the reports can't be accessed because of a logon error. It says to check the number of licenses available. As far as I know, the licenses come with CRM? I have 5 seats that came with the MS Action Pack. Thanks, Paul Hi Paul This error can happen for a number of reasons, most likely is that the Crystal APS service is not running. You can check this by going to: Start Menu>Program>Crystal Enterprise 9>Crystal configuration manager Normaly all of...

AD replication error 8614
Hi, In order to add a Win 2008 Server to my Win 2003 Server AD, we checked our AD replication status. I did the replmon, repadmin/showrepl, and found there existed the replication error for a very long time. The main reason for this is because we have the AD server firewall opened. Now we have the firewall closed, however, we found the error 8614, saying exceeded some time limit. How do we fix this problem? Thanks for help. Jason Jason, Jason Huang schrieb: > In order to add a Win 2008 Server to my Win 2003 Server AD, we checked our > AD replication st...

Spell Checker Error
Sorry for the cross-posting but I wasn't sure what the best group is to send this to. I just got a new PC and upgraded the WindowsXP installation there to WindowsXP Pro. I have Office 97 installed and am using Outlook Express 6.00.2800.1123. My spell checker works great in Microsoft Word, but when I run it in Outlook Express I get a warning message If I run the Spell Checker manually while I'm in the New Message window, I get the error "An error occurred while the spelling was being checked." If I let the Spell Check run automatically when I send a message, I get the erro...

MSExchangeMTA Event ID 1456
My exchange server is constantly recording Informational Event 1456 The full event is : Association Recovery Failed - Original RTSE Control Block 2003 in wrong state 25. [PLATFORM RTSE 77 156] (14) I can't seem to find any information on this. Annybody? ...

Error number: 0x800ccc0e
Why am I getting this right after installing Outlook 2000? It was a gift. I have had no success trying to get info from the knowledge base. Nothing has changed except installing Office 2000. I configured everything just as I had previous. Going back to Outlook Express I get the same error. What is going on? Same story here. And I would love to just be able to go back to OE at this point. Darla >-----Original Message----- >Why am I getting this right after installing Outlook 2000? >It was a gift. I have had no success trying to get info >from the knowledge base. Nothing ...

Installation error for Microsoft CRM 1.2
Tried installing MS-CRM 1.2 and keep getting an error titled "Setup was unable to install Microsoft CRM Server. Setup was unable to provision your organization. Setup was unable to create user settings. Access is denied. (80070005)" Tried looking up this error on the Net, but there seems to be no definitive answer. Has anyone faced and resolved this one before? Forgot to add to the earlier post that this is on SBS with SP1. "Sanjay" wrote: > Tried installing MS-CRM 1.2 and keep getting an error titled "Setup was > unable to install Microsoft CRM Server. S...

AfxBeginThread() compilation error
I'm trying to create a worker thread to perform a background task but I'm getting compilation errors that I don't understand. MSDN says the first parameter to AfxBeginThread() should point to a function declared as follows: UINT MyControllingFunction( LPVOID pParam ); My function prototype is as follows: UINT LibUtilsThreadFunction( LPVOID pParam ); The function body looks like this: UINT LibUtilsThreadFunction( LPVOID pParam ) { MessageBox ( NULL, _T("Greetings from the Lib Utils thread"), _T("Development Note"), MB_OK ) ; ret...

Outlook Error Message #39
Whenever I start up Outlook 2003, I get the following error message: The add-in "fxsext32.dll" could not be installed or loaded. This problem may be resolved by using Detect and Repair on the Help menu. Unable to load "fxsext32.dll". You may be out of memory, out of system resources, or missing a .dll file. Can anyone help? I've searched the web and only found one reference to this error message, but they want a monthly subscription in order to see the response. Thanks. Gene <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Whenever I start up Outlook 2...

WindowsUpdate_80240016 error
al slam alikom every one ,plz i need help with this damn error i tried to fixed but nothing do with it , i saw some sloutions in windows information but not work , plz help WindowsUpdate_80240016 thanks a lot 0x80240016 WU_E_INSTALL_NOT_ALLOWED Operation tried to install while another installation was in progress or the system was pending a mandatory restart. What update are you trying to install and what update did you previously install? -- "yazeed" wrote: > al slam alikom every one ,plz i need help with this damn error i tried to > fixed...

Error Code 57 Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 and .NET
Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 and .NET Framework 3.5 Family Update (KB951847) x86 I have continuously tried installing this update for the last 4 months, and cannot install it. It downloads, but will never progress/complete when installing wether I do it while running windows or while shutting down/restarting. I can't stop receiving the windows updater alert for it unless I set to never check, which I prefer not to do. Any help with this is appreciated. Thank you. Step #1 => Before doing anything else, write down what .NET Framework versions are curren...

Outlook connection problem "no transport provider"
Upon trying to shift to a second PC, everything looked fine until I received the following back when trying to send or reply to emails: "No transport provider was available for delivery to this recipient." Its a prodigy dailup account and I am receiving emails just fine. Its Outlook 97 running on an XP machine. Any help would be greatly appreciated. R, Rich ...

Displaying Formula Result Error
When typing a formula, I cannot see the result. I have tried ctrl + ~, however this just expands all columns. Thi only seems to happen on some of my worksheets. Any suggestions are grealtly appreciate. I have also tried searchin for an similar question, but could not find one. Thanks!!! Shan -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Shane Maybe the cells were formatted as text when you typed the formula? Andy. "Shane >" <<Shane.zxdn9@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:Shane.zxdn9@excelforum-nospam.com... > When typing a formula, I canno...

runtime error: line 297
Please can someone help. When I open Outlook the message comes up: A runtime error has occured - do you wish to debug - line 297 - class not registered. And also, how do I get MS professional support - when I try to go that route, it says that either the country is not supported (S.Africa), or that I must enter a different Product ID!) Thanks Hi Mel, The following Knowledge Base (KB) article addresses the issue that you are having. Please follow the steps outlined in this article and let me know the results. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;320763 Regards, ...

Exmerge MAPI_W_PARTIAL_COMPLETION Errors
I have read a number of the posts on this subject as well as MS's KB article describing possible exmerge/MAPI conflicts with virus software. Nonetheless, I am still unable to use exmerge via the command line to export over 7000 emails (out of 25000) in a single user's Saved Mail directory. All other folders and users' mail export without any problem. I _am_ able to use Outlook to copy these Saved Mail messages to a new PST with no problem. Yet, for some reason, exmerge will not export these items. There does not appear to be any correlation with attachments, data, size, etc. U...

Test event (CreateEvent,SetEvent,etc.) state
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0008_01C37926.A1F45B90 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Is there a way to test if an event (HANDLE) is set to signaled ? The = event is created using CreateEvent() and is set using SetEvent(). I = would like to skip some code if an event has been set. ------=_NextPart_000_0008_01C37926.A1F45B90 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitiona...

Error Installing Service Pack 2 on Exchange 2003
Hi I am installing Service pack 2 and am receiving an error half way through. The error is to do with Active Sync which is exactly what I want the service pack for. During the installation an error appears saying Run Time error file c:\windows\system32\MsiExec.exe has failed to load properly (or something very similar). Click OK and a second error comes up saying the sub component Active Sync cannot be installed with error 0xC0070643. Cancel or Retry. If I cancel it the rest of the installation goes through fine. I am presuming this is stopping me enabling a mobile phone PDA device ...