MS02-011: Authentication Flaw Could Allow Unauthorized Users To Authenticate To SMTP Service

Hello All !

I have problem - when I scan port 25 on our Exchange 5.5 with special
XSpider 7.0 port scanner, this program recommend me visit following URL:
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/bulletin/MS02-011.mspx for delete
potential SMTP open relay.

After patch downloading and succsessful installing I scan port 25 again
and... scanner show me this recommendation again... What wrong?.. How I can
eliminate this problem on Exchange 5.5

Help please!

Our Exchange 5.5 (with IMC) run on Windows NT 4.0 SP6.

Regards,
Benjamin.

0
recbvt (1)

Remove Business Portal User #2
In BP 3.0, I select "Remove User" from the Manage Business Portal User, and I am "Internet Explorer Script Error" that states, "An error has occurred in the script on this page." "Line: 128 Char: 3 Error: Access is Denied Code: 0 URL: http://******\businessportal/portal/administration/AC_RemoveUsers.aspx (****** is the Server) Do you want to continue running scripts on this page?" How do I resolve this problem? How can I remove users? Thanks, KJ KJ, Thanks for using the newsgroups. We've seen this problem before when the BP administrator was ...

530 authentication required error
Recently my home computer is unable to send messages through Outlook 2000. The error message is "Server rejected you as the sender. 530 authentication required". However, I am able to access through the web and log on successfully. I still can received my email. What is causing this issue? Pichegru <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Recently my home computer is unable to send messages > through Outlook 2000. The error message is "Server > rejected you as the sender. 530 authentication required". > However, I am able to access through the...

Lock cells but allow data entry ONLY!
Hi - Can I protect my Excel spreadsheet to allow data entry and nothing else (i.e. formatting, changing column widths, changing formulas, etc. Thanks Melissa * Highlight all the cell(s) you want to be able to enter data into. * Right-click and choose *Format Cells.* * On the *Protection* tab take the tick out of the *Locked* box. * Highlight all the cells which contain the formulas you want to remai unchanged. * Right-click and choose *Format Cells.* * On the *Protection* tab make sure there is a tick in the *Locked box. * Go to * Tools > Protection > Protect Sheet* * Tick *Select ...

Failure Code for Applying MS02-067 Q331866
This patch keeps failing on our machine with the following failure code: 0x000004ec. The Event Log complains about a Local Security Policy restricting the installation of olk1005.exe. Can you help us understand why we are getting this update failure code. We do not have Software Restrictions on our Local Security Policy. Thanks :) ...

REPOST Allowing inbound email for secondary SMTP addresses results in "cannot relay"
I have posted this a few times and have not gotten an answer that works. I have 3 exchange 5.5 sites in one Organization. One site has Exchange 2003. The other sites are NT4 with 5.5 servers and a trust relationship. Some mailboxes in one exchange 5.5 site has secondary email addresses @domain1.com but their primary SMTP email address is @domain.com If I have mail coming inbound to the exchange 2003 server, it will not deliver email to the @domain1.com (the secondary) email address. It says "550 5.7.1 Unable to relay for user@domain1.com". I have added these domains to the d...

Mailbox Access with Users from different Forests
Hi guys, following scenario: 2 forests, forest A holding all users, groups, computers etc.; forest B (call it 'exchange-forest') holding only mailboxes. All user accounts exist in both forests (same naming) and two-way forest trust is in place. W2k3 SP1 is used OS. By using the mailbox security tab of the user in forest B, I select the corresponding user in forest A (--> associated external account). Everythings fine so far, I can access the correct mailbox with the user from forest A (--> single sign on). Only thing that I'm not able to achieve is giving access to m...

Custom Forms Authentication
Hi, All, We’re rolling out Microsoft CRM 1.2 in the coming weeks. We’ve developed a lot of customization, including developing custom solutions to help extend Microsoft CRM 1.2 to meet our business requirements. We’ve created a virtual directory inside the Microsoft 1.2 Website and used the ISV file for integration. We would like our custom solutions to share the authentication of Microsoft CRM so the users only have to login once (Login to MSCRM)… Basically, because our users have already authenticated it doesn’t make much sense for them to authenticate again when accessing our c...

exchange 5.5 patches ( Microsoft Security Bulletin MS02-011)
are they available anywhere? I know MS no longer supports and has removed the patches from being downloaded. thanks in advanced sorry i was able to locate them.. "tim" wrote: > are they available anywhere? I know MS no longer supports and has removed the > patches from being downloaded. > > thanks in advanced > > I think this will do the job. Its the update rollup released much later. "tim" <tim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ECAD6933-6BA9-45C3-B2C5-90C999398BB7@microsoft.com... > sorry i was able to locate them....

Workflow
I have a workflow which sets the first activity to a team leader. I then want the team leader to assign this activity to one of his team and then all other activities set in the workflow to be assigned to this user. I was hoping logical user would help in this situation but is doesn't. Any ideas Thanks James The team leader needs to assign the base object to that user, then the activity. Then, once the activity is closed (assuming the workflow is waiting on it), the remainder will inherit the object owner. Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM ---------------------------------------- -...

How to know if users can log in OWA?
Hello all I need to know if some users can logged in OWA. It's possible? May be it exists a log file or a register or something like this. I work with Exchange Server 2003 and Outlook 2003 as client. Thanks in advanced henpat Check the IIS log files are ask them? Nue "henpat" <henpat63@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:eTjd%23eYIGHA.2668@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Hello all > > I need to know if some users can logged in OWA. It's possible? > May be it exists a log file or a register or something like this. > > I work with Exchange Server 200...

*Second* Zero-Day Excel Flaw
F Y I http://news.zdnet.com/2100-1009_22-6085982.html?tag=nl.e589 -- Regards, RD ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- ------------------- Please keep all correspondence within the Group, so all may benefit ! ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- ------------------- Has anyone tried the Windows Live Safety Center ? Biff "RagDyeR" <ragdyer@cutoutmsn.com> wrote in message news:uLpEKnTlGHA.4444@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... >F Y I > > http://news.zdnet.com/2100-1009_22-6085982.html?tag=nl...

SMTP server #3
Hi, How do i configure oe to use my smtp server (IIS 5.1) to send out emails? Is that possible? TQ Can your SMTP server send mail to the Internet? If you simply setup a mail account in OE using the Tools menu > Accounts dialog you can configure the account to use your server. That having been said, this newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97, 98, 2000, 2002 & 2003 from the Office family for Intel PCs. For Outlook Express (OE) support try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.inetexplorer.ie4.outlookexpress for OE 4.x microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlook...

trojan doesn't allow me to start my windows pc
a while ago I detected a trojan into my pc ...now cannot go into my pc , when I turned on my pc I just got the "apologized screen" with all the iniciation options : safe mode , safe mode with network , start windows normally , etc...after that this screen will contimues repeat and repeat .....basically I cannot go to my desktop ...please help ... What anti-virus application or security suite is installed and is your subscription current? What anti-spyware applications (other than Defender)? What third-party firewall (if any)? Has a(another) Norton or McAfee applica...

How can Windows authentication be safer then SQL authentication
Hello! This question assume we use SQL Server 2005 or SQL server 2008. All claim that using Window authentication to access a sql server database is safer then using SQL authentication. For me I would say that using SQL authentication would be safer because of the text below. I mean that to access a SQL Server database it's enought to have a valid window account on that server. Assume we want to use SQL Server and we install it on server X. Then if we want to use Window authentication we must have a valid window account on that server but if we choose to use SQL authent...

Error Sending Message on Behalf of Specified User
Hello, Small Business Server 2000 (Exchange 2000). A while back, I set up incoming faxes to be routed to a mailbox called Fax when using MS Shared Fax following the steps in KBase article 311529 (How to Configure the Shared Fax Service to Route Incoming Fax Jobs to a Common Inbox). I gave a Security Group called FaxAdmins "full mailbox access" to the Fax mailbox. Everything worked fine and the receptionists were able to log into the mailbox and forward the fax to the intended recipient. When I came in today, it no longer worked. Now, when the receptionist tries to forward the messa...

Web Services User Authentification
We are just looking into using Web Services and are having a problem linking the Domain user to a SQL Dynamic's user. When we run the web part, we are receiving a user error message. How do we link the Domain user to a SQL Dynamic's user. Thank you, Amy ...

Question about changing user name
I had this school project that said we have to change the user name to our full name. So after I downloaded the trial version of MS Project, I changed my user name. (Tools > Options > General...) Finished my project. But I did commit a big mistake. I don't want to go into details... My question is: Is it possible that I send someone my project (with my user name) and they change the user name to their name, save the project ...and when the teacher opens it my user name shows??? I don't know if it is clear what I'm asking....but....I feel really bad because neve...

Out of office assistant not working for one user
Exchange 2003 I have one user that the Out of office assistant is not working on. It will turn on and the system accepts it but it will not send any messages out. I have eliminated the windows profile. I logged user into another pc with a new windows profile. Connected to Exchange and the Exchange settings are still active. When I login it asks me if I want to turn the out of office assistant off. I say no and it still will not send any messages out. This has to be an exchange setting....Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. is the user over his "prohibit send" lim...

Authentication failed
I recently canceled my high speed internet and am using a personal WiFi. I am no longer using my comcast. email address, which I would use Outlook to read. I get a pop up that says "Authentication failed for s.newhouse@comcast.net" "The server responded: invalid user name/password". I went into 'tools' and deleted the comcast account and still get the message. How do I make it stop? I am using XP. Thank you! On Wed, 19 May 2010 20:24:01 -0700, MacknKeagsMom <MacknKeagsMom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I recently canceled my high s...

DDE Server does not free user objects on dual core CPUs
We have written a dde server in VC++ 6.0 using DDEML (called "server.exe" in the following text). When a dde client disconnects it sometimes happens that (probably due to timing problems?) the amount of user objects of the client as well as of the server.exe increases. As long as the server is running on single core CPU we could create a workaround by setting the thread priority of the server.exe to lowest priority. When we run the server.exe on hyperthreaded or dual core CPUs this workaround refuses to work. If hyperthreading is switched off, everthing works fine. When using ...

Managed User #2
Testing to see if this setup allows me to be properly identified as a managed user. ...

crm 3.0 : authentication error
Hi, I get the authentication error prompt for each user having the same login username in the internal domain than in the CRM domain. Passwords are not the same in each domain, and there seems to be some kind of automatic authentication while loading the page in IE. Is there any setting, which could help me prevent this ? thanks, @ntonio By default, the IIS web site allowed anonymous connections. I disabled them, allowing only integrated authentication. It now works fine! @ntonio ...

Allow read/write access to a file only from my process
Hello, I have this situation: I need to create a file and alow access (read/write) only from my application process. But I can�t use any kind of CFile::Open flags like CFile::ShareDenyRead because I need to access the file simultaneously from my app, in other words: I want to share the file but only inside my process. The previous situation could seem extrange so I will explain my app deeply: My app hosts a FlashPlayer Activex control and I have the SWF file inside the executable as a resource. As I can't load the SWF file as a stream I need to extract it to a temporary folder, but...

Sr. Accountant / Great Plains Power User
As Sr. Accountant you will have traditional accounting responsibilities including: oversight of accounting processes (ad sales, sales commissions, billings, collections, AR, deferred revenue, accruals, queries, etc.); month end closing procedures; account reconciliations; journal entries; month-over-month financial flux analysis; financial statement preparation; ad-hoc reporting and analysis; process improvement. In addition, this position will serve as the Sr. Technical resource for accounting systems and tools, as well as accounting process / procedure automation. Duties here will include:...

SMTP Configuration #5
Please... My small network use an ADSL Internet Link and I need to limity the numbers of message sent simultaneosly by SMTP Connector. Please, is it possible to configure the SMTP Connector to sent one message per time? If yes, how can I do this? Tanks a lot. Luis You can set the SMTP Connector so that it only sends messages during certain hours of the day? Or have it scheduled so that large messages are sent after hours and small messages are sent any time. If you configure the SMTP Virtual Server that the SMTP Connector uses, you can restrict the maximum number of messages that...